OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Expanse Camina Drummer Cara Gee inspired figure.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
This is a figure I put together using an Abigail Van Hesling starting point.
I still need to come up with a helmet and decide whether tattoos are worth it.
I hope you like it.

Expanse Camina Drummer Cara Gee inspired figure. 52b23010
Expanse Camina Drummer Cara Gee inspired figure. 0c689a10

Expanse Camina Drummer Cara Gee inspired figure. 8e82c310
Expanse Camina Drummer Cara Gee inspired figure. Db749f10

Expanse Camina Drummer Cara Gee inspired figure. B687e510

Expanse Camina Drummer Cara Gee inspired figure. C37a7e10

Expanse Camina Drummer Cara Gee inspired figure. Bee39e10
Expanse Camina Drummer Cara Gee inspired figure. 98b3d910

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Interesting. I’ve never seen the show, though I’ve heard of it, so unfortunately I have no frame of reference. I’m sure if you decided to do the ink, it would turn out cool.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Expanse Camina Drummer Cara Gee inspired figure. C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think the choice of head sculpt is inspired, and you have already created a pretty good likeness. A little more make up or tattoos (whatever it is) and it will be perfect. But proceed carefully, maybe get a spare head? Smile

Ovy

Ovy
Hah nice, really great work! Really awesome character. Great choice of the strapping, sculpt and gloves. Those modern future spacesuits don't have to be so bulky so the tight outfit works perfectly.

Is that a Triad toys head? Fun fact, I also painted a face tattoo on my very first Triad head sculpt, which was my first headsculpt overall.
I started something similiar a while ago, using coveralls and Jet Pilot strapping, 3D Printed some spacey helmets (maybe use foam for fitting?) and butchered some guns, but never really got close to finishing a figure.

And people, you should really watch the Expanse.
Star Wars is nice and all with their fantasy magic and stuff, but this here is some real Sci Fi. rabbit Razz

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
GubernatorFan wrote:I think the choice of head sculpt is inspired, and you have already created a pretty good likeness. A little more make up or tattoos (whatever it is) and it will be perfect. But proceed carefully, maybe get a spare head? Smile

Ovy wrote:Hah nice, really great work! Really awesome character. Great choice of the strapping, sculpt and gloves. Those modern future spacesuits don't have to be so bulky so the tight outfit works perfectly.

Is that a Triad toys head? Fun fact, I also painted a face tattoo on my very first Triad head sculpt, which was my first headsculpt overall.
I started something similiar a while ago, using coveralls and Jet Pilot strapping, 3D Printed some spacey helmets (maybe use foam for fitting?) and butchered some guns, but never really got close to finishing a figure.

And people, you should really watch the Expanse.
Star Wars is nice and all with their fantasy magic and stuff, but this here is some real Sci Fi.  rabbit  Razz

I DO have a spare head, and it is in fact, a triad toys head.
Someone on EBay had a bulk lot of this figure and the per-doll price was down around $12.
I donated a couple at holiday time, gave one to an out of state family member and kept a few for me. I always enjoy having multiples of a figure, though it is rarely practical. So I can dress them for different situations.
I’m currently looking for a “close-enough” match to her duty uniform. That way I can have her ready after coming back from an EVA.

If anyone recognizes the helmet, I am told it is a real off the shell item ( for diving?), I would love details. Then I can try to find a figure set that might include
one.
Thanks!

Ovy

Ovy
I think it is this high pressure Mig helmet, relatively cheaply sold in 1:1. Was looking for 3d models of it but with no success yet.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313&_nkw=mig+21+helmet&_sacat=0

Illusion

Illusion
Supercool idea for a custom!
I love that character - and you did an excellent job !

BAMComix

BAMComix
Nicely done!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
What a surprise to come to the forum and see my FAVOURITE Expanse character!!! If I were going to make any character from that show 1/6 it would be her.... nice choice!! :')

I had been thinking of how to put her together someday, and you did it so well. Love the outfit, and the headsculpt is not one I would have thought of, but it definitely works.

If it were me, I'd definitely do the neck tattoo, but that's because I think it's pretty distinctive for the character. But I understand if you don't want to risk it.

And Ovy.... no point comparing Star Wars and The Expanse, they are two totally different genres. And sometimes realism is not everything. Some of us need fantasy escapism, too, you know. Wink

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Really cool, It looks very close to the character and that headsculpt is almost spot on.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Expanse Camina Drummer Cara Gee inspired figure. 1f60e

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Very nice. I'm looking forward to see the figure with the space helmet.

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Ovy wrote:I think it is this high pressure Mig helmet, relatively cheaply sold in 1:1. Was looking for 3d models of it but with no success yet.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313&_nkw=mig+21+helmet&_sacat=0

Thank you!
I can at least look at some photos. Perhaps I will try my hand at making one from styrene.

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Thank you, All!
This figure doesn’t get enough attention from me, mostly because I don’t want to loose the feel.
I’m sketching ideas for a wall that “explodes and turns into a door”.
Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum