OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Illusion‘s little people - * Arwen at Schloss Augustusburg (21 June) *

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Illusion

Illusion
Here‘s a thread for my favourite pics to give you an idea of my collection.
It will be mostly „archive“ material to start with.
Unfortunately I am not taking that many pics these days.

list of content

11 Feb 2021 - Who‘s afraid of the boogeyman? (post #2)

28 Feb 2021 - Gangsters Kingdom (post #18)

11 Mar 2021 - Best buddies - Groot & Rocket (post #29)

22 Mar 2021 - Ezio & Dilu (post #41)

23 Mar 2021 - Arwen‘s choice (post #48)

18 Aug 2022 - Tormund in Greenland (post #58)

18 Sep 2022 - I am Groot. (post #70)

2 Oct 2022 - Cara on patrol (post #77)

1 Jan 2023 - Kiki in White (NSFW)

1 Feb 2023 - Endrik en route (post #94)

21 June 2023 - Arwen at Schloss Augustusburg

Illusion

Illusion
Who‘s afraid of the Boogeyman?

Illusion‘s little people - * Arwen at Schloss Augustusburg (21 June) * 49065196278_8485d2f77c_c

Illusion‘s little people - * Arwen at Schloss Augustusburg (21 June) * 49065923017_5d746de5b0_c

well, Mathilda isn‘t. She had been expecting him for her lessons.

Illusion‘s little people - * Arwen at Schloss Augustusburg (21 June) * 49065710756_d6e0284356_c

Illusion‘s little people - * Arwen at Schloss Augustusburg (21 June) * 49065195793_8ebd68cbc6_c

(don‘t be confused by her change in attire in the last one... actually the pics were part of a series to show her new wardrobe Embarassed Let‘s just assume she took off her long sleeved shirt for improved agility whilst training.)

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great pics! I like the set up too. I had a feeling that John Wick may be the Boogey man! Love the shot with his silhouette on the wall!

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
Great pictures. Is that kitten from Schleich?

Illusion

Illusion
BAMComix wrote:Great pics! I like the set up too. I had a feeling that John Wick may be the Boogey man! Love the shot with his silhouette on the wall!

Thank you! ... that shot is one of my all time favs  Smile ...

Gizems nice Kittens wrote:Great pictures. Is that kitten from Schleich?

thank you, no, the Schleich cats are much smaller. This is one by JXK Studio (various colours available). Those tend to be a bit too large, unfortunately, but they work ok for me.

maybe this gives another impression of proportions:

Illusion‘s little people - * Arwen at Schloss Augustusburg (21 June) * 49065922392_84767a3443_c

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Nice. She got a lovely teddybear Smile

Diana

Diana
Those ARE beautiful! And yes, the b/w shot is awesome, but I also really like the one with the new outfit. I really like how he takes her by the hand. It looks very caring.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, this is lovely! That's a great headsculpt on the Mathilda. And I like her outfit(s). : )

And what small body is it? Maybe it's obvious, but I can't tell just from the pics...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
I have recreated the scene with a 1/12 and come to the conclusion that your Mathilda must be bigger.

Illusion

Illusion
Thank you TravelGuide, Diana and Skywalkersaga!!

skywalkersaga wrote:Oh, this is lovely! That's a great headsculpt on the Mathilda. And I like her outfit(s). : )

And what small body is it? Maybe it's obvious, but I can't tell just from the pics...

that is a complete figure from ASMUS Toys:
Mathilda GC001 Girl Crush M Natalie Portman as Mathilda
e.g.:
https://www.space-figuren.de/Archiv/1-6-Scale-Professional-Hitter-M-Girl-Crush-Series::16950.html

She comes with quite a number of (partly unnecessary) accessories, but her original outfit pieces did not really convince me so I went shopping for some alternatives.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They look pretty great, the kitty included. Now I wish I had picked up a Mathilda.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice shots. The first two were especially atmospheric and cool. Funny how it turned out less “creepy” once the lighting changed. I have that same Asmus set (she’s with Leon, though — always bummed me out Blitzway never did her; you can’t have L without M). Anyway, nice photos and setup.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Illusion‘s little people - * Arwen at Schloss Augustusburg (21 June) * C8485110

Illusion

Illusion
GubernatorFan wrote:They look pretty great, the kitty included. Now I wish I had picked up a Mathilda.

Thank you... yeah, well.... all those nice figures that we try to do without and wish to have gotten after all when seeing them in pics... but we simply can't have them all  Illusion‘s little people - * Arwen at Schloss Augustusburg (21 June) * Smilie_denk_17

Stryker2011 wrote:Nice shots. The first two were especially atmospheric and cool. Funny how it turned out less “creepy” once the lighting changed. I have that same Asmus set (she’s with Leon, though — always bummed me out Blitzway never did her; you can’t have L without M). Anyway, nice photos and setup.

Given the large number of Leons available one would think it should be no issue to have one. But I still have not bought one. None of them has screamed to me to be the right one... Though it would really make sense to add him to my collection. Neutral

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Nice shots, it would have never occurred to me the boogeyman was Mr. Wick. And don't worry about the cat they come in all sizes, there's a big boy around where I live that loves to jump on a metal roof, sounds like a 400lb man jumped but it's just a cat.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Illusion‘s little people - * Arwen at Schloss Augustusburg (21 June) * 1f60e

Illusion

Illusion
Theboo-bomb wrote:Nice shots, it would have never occurred to me the boogeyman was Mr. Wick. And don't worry about the cat they come in all sizes, there's a big boy around where I live that loves to jump on a metal roof, sounds like a 400lb man jumped but it's just a cat.

Thank you! yes, there are cats and there are CATS. Though I prefer them smaller, I don‘t mind them bigger in relation to the figures. Better than the tiny Schleich ones... (well, apart from 1 JXK paying for about 8 Schleich silent )

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Great looking photos and indeed that b/w photo is very cool!

Illusion

Illusion
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Great looking photos and indeed that b/w photo is very cool!

thank you - glad you like it too Cool

18Illusion‘s little people - * Arwen at Schloss Augustusburg (21 June) * Empty Gangsters Kingdom Sun 28 Feb 2021 - 5:02

Illusion

Illusion
Let‘s continue here with some further digging in the archive...

I stick to the gangster theme for now. Damtoys‘ Gangsters Kingdom Figures are not everyone‘s cup of tea for sure. I did not appreciate the heads very much either. I got my first GK figure in a sale to just scavenge the outfit and accessories - but I ended just leaving her as she is - and got her some company.

Chapter 1: "Ooops"

Illusion‘s little people - * Arwen at Schloss Augustusburg (21 June) * 49039523316_f244e74934_c

Illusion‘s little people - * Arwen at Schloss Augustusburg (21 June) * 49039736552_19e5bdee37_c

Illusion‘s little people - * Arwen at Schloss Augustusburg (21 June) * 49039016678_42c2606b09_c

Chapter 2: "Time for a break“

Illusion‘s little people - * Arwen at Schloss Augustusburg (21 June) * 49039016418_64bd8dcbee_c

Illusion‘s little people - * Arwen at Schloss Augustusburg (21 June) * 49039530646_2204ae7d11_c

Chapter 3: "Done and off"

Illusion‘s little people - * Arwen at Schloss Augustusburg (21 June) * 49039016018_67701ba723_c

Illusion‘s little people - * Arwen at Schloss Augustusburg (21 June) * 49039735242_d051404731_c

Illusion‘s little people - * Arwen at Schloss Augustusburg (21 June) * 49039734967_8c559c84b2_c

BAMComix

BAMComix
Col figures! I have Spade5 myself. The use of the guy with the expression sculpt works really well here!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Omg, this whole set up is so well done. The bag over the head and all the blood. Laughing That was some brilliantly creative use of the expression guy. :'D

I think the stylised gangster kingdom figures work well when all together like that, and their outfits are indeed really neat, so I can understand the appeal in that regard. Thanks for sharing!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

shazzdan

shazzdan
BAMComix wrote:I had a feeling that John Wick may be the Boogey man!

Theboo-bomb wrote:Nice shots, it would have never occurred to me the boogeyman was Mr. Wick.

In the first movie the Russians called him "Baba Yaga", who some say is the Russian equivalent of the boogeyman (even though Baba Yaga was a woman). However they also said that he was the man you send to kill the boogeyman.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool figures and love the setup. Geez, that poor guy. Nails rammed thru his hands, head beat with a hammer. That’s a rough day.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Illusion‘s little people - * Arwen at Schloss Augustusburg (21 June) * C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great use of the Figuarts head sculpt, and excellent scene overall. I say that even though I'm not a fan of the stylized Gangster Kingdom heads.

Theflyingman

Amazing pictures! And wouldn't that be cool if Leon was reincarnated as Wick and came back to help her kick more ass. Haha!

Illusion

Illusion
Thanks so much guys!... great when you are having a little fun even when this kind of head style is not really your thing.

Stryker2011 wrote:Cool figures and love the setup. Geez, that poor guy. Nails rammed thru his hands, head beat with a hammer. That’s a rough day.

yes, well,... might a bit too rough - but that's the rare occasion I can make use of this chair (anyone remembers my weakness for chairs?) that came with Heart A Billy. So, I just executed the full program...

shazzdan wrote:
BAMComix wrote:I had a feeling that John Wick may be the Boogey man!

Theboo-bomb wrote:Nice shots, it would have never occurred to me the boogeyman was Mr. Wick.

In the first movie the Russians called him "Baba Yaga", who some say is the Russian equivalent of the boogeyman (even though Baba Yaga was a woman). However they also said that he was the man you send to kill the boogeyman.

Actually, I was confused by the multiple merchandise calling John Wick the boogeyman - for the very reason that they say in the movie he was the man you send to kill the boogeyman. So, he is supposed to be worse. But anyway. Makes probably about as much sense as trying to figure the logical flaws in various movies (incl. John Wick  alien )
I just accept that he can as well be the boogeyman.

For this particular shot, the German terminology works better as Boogeyman got translated as "Schwarzer Mann" (Black Man) and there is a children's game called "wer hat Angst vorm Schwarzen Mann?" (Who is afraid of the Black Man?) => black suit, b/w pic...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum