OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iconiq Studios & CAPCOM - 1/6th Ryu figure (TBLeague)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
New product preview coming soon - Iconiq Studio x Capcom 1:6 Street Fighter 5

Iconiq Studios & CAPCOM - 1/6th Ryu figure (TBLeague) 115232xydpndezhxnnbhnd

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wait. So TBLeague did the body for this?! Well that has to be a new body to be able to make this figure, right.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Iconiq Studios & CAPCOM - 1/6th Ryu figure (TBLeague) C8485110

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Yup, it seems like a new body type, judging from the shape of the arms and bulky ankles.

I rushed to post this because I don't know how fast will the pre-order from this figure sell out. So, if anyone here gets interested, keep an eye out on IconiqStudios site. Hope this figures sells well and the make Chun-Li with a TBL body.

Any bets on pricing? My guess is $250.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
FreakinLobster wrote:Yup, it seems like a new body type, judging from the shape of the arms and bulky ankles.

I rushed to post this because I don't know how fast will the pre-order from this figure sell out. So, if anyone here gets interested, keep an eye out on IconiqStudios site. Hope this figures sells well and the make Chun-Li with a TBL body.

Any bets on pricing? My guess is $250.

I need this! Thanks for the heads up!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Cool. I think someone (could it be Super Duck?) did a set meant for a TBLeague body before (M34 or M35). This looks even more bulky. Frankly, I've been hoping that they would revisit the more average and lean bodies (and do better than before), but any new body by them will be something, at this point. Of course, I might not be as bored with them if they had not been focusing a lot on anime and floppy-footed stuff lately.

Kallor8

GubernatorFan wrote: Frankly, I've been hoping that they would revisit the more average and lean bodies (and do better than before)

Agreed, the male bodies go from 0 to crazy muscle and they need a (much) better version of the...M31 I want to say, which would give us a fit male body that isn't fridge sized in the chest.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Kallor8 wrote:Agreed, the male bodies go from 0 to crazy muscle and they need a (much) better version of the...M31 I want to say, which would give us a fit male body that isn't fridge sized in the chest.  

So true. M31 has the advantage of being relatively easy to dress up. But the front sculpt is poor (like they took the M30 and simply stretched it vertically), not to mention incomplete, and at least the original batch I chanced upon suffered from a wrist peg problem that has defied truly effective fixing. I can't force myself to buy another.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Interesting release, though not exactly excited about uber-muscular male bodies ...don't they have enough of those?? Ah well...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
*sits here reading everyone talk about the new body type and is glad that we are a community of kit bashers*

*also sits here more happy that he may get an actually good looking Ryu for the display and hopes he can find one easily to preorder*

shazzdan

shazzdan
I'd like to see a photo of this guy playing Replicade's 1:6 Street Fighter console.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1232-new-product-new-wave-toys-street-fighter-ii-x-replicade?highlight=replicade

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Don't remind me of the Replicade arcades. I wanted them so bad.
I wish the company shipped it to my country, but the arcades are bulky and heavy, so they don't ship it due to high cost.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
GubernatorFan wrote:
Kallor8 wrote:Agreed, the male bodies go from 0 to crazy muscle and they need a (much) better version of the...M31 I want to say, which would give us a fit male body that isn't fridge sized in the chest.  

So true. M31 has the advantage of being relatively easy to dress up. But the front sculpt is poor (like they took the M30 and simply stretched it vertically), not to mention incomplete, and at least the original batch I chanced upon suffered from a wrist peg problem that has defied truly effective fixing. I can't force myself to buy another.

What do you mean by incomplete? I need the "thinnest" male seamless body so i want to buy an M31.
Please also elaborate on the wrist problem you encountered. Thanks!

brassco

brassco
I need that bag...that's all i'll get for this figure. Should be parting out.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
rollotomasi wrote:What do you mean by incomplete? I need the "thinnest" male seamless body so i want to buy an M31.
Please also elaborate on the wrist problem you encountered. Thanks!

LOL it is my quaint way of pointing out that, alone of the TBLeague male seamless bodies, they got shy and left him a eunuch, after all the talk about realism and anatomical correctness. It's just one of a bunch of things about that release that is less than perfect, although practically speaking it is less of a big deal than faulty wrist pegs. The front sculpt and the arms/elbows are not that great either. But it is probably the easiest body to dress. M32 is quite lean too (in some ways even more so), but is taller and probably has wider shoulders. Check out the catalog and the linked reviews.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3013-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-with-steel-skeleton-catalog-updated-continually#40048

teamweapon

Kallor8 wrote:
which would give us a fit male body that isn't fridge sized in the chest.  

Hahahaha made me burst out laughing Very Happy

csyeung

csyeung
If I recall, onesixthkit also works closely with iconiq so should be available on their site as well when the preorders go up. That said, what are your fav SF chars? Mine are Chun li, cammy and ibuki!

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
csyeung wrote: what are your fav SF chars? Mine are Chun li, cammy and ibuki!

My picks, in order of importance for me:

Sagat, Zangief, M.Bison and Guile would be great contenders to the male figures.

Chun-Li and Sakura are a must for me, then Cammy and Juri for the female ones.

Now, realistically speaking, I think that, if they'll release another figure after Ryu, would be Ken, because it's just a palette swap + new HS. Still not giving up on the hopes of a Chun-Li with stylized body.

Valiarde

Valiarde
ryu is interesting to me. Street Fighter is still one of the best games for SNES ever.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
It will be nice to finally add another male character to my my predominantly female collection of video game figures.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
If this is indeed a new bigger TBL body (hard to tell from just a teaser back shot) then the question becomes, whether or not those forearms are too big to take "regular" hands. Apart from Ryu himself, those red training gloves are pretty limiting if they can't be substituted -- ie if they are too thick for other hands. I suppose you could always wrap cloth or something around the wrists to disguise any ill fitting transition.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Those ankles look pretty thick to be a M34 or M35. Could just be the angle too.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
You're not necessarily conscious of it playing the game, or looking at game art, but I think a Ryu body would have to be stylized / caricatured / exaggerated, compared to a big M34 or M35 that's still intended to be "real." The question is whether IconiqStudios fully respected this nature of the character, or did they go for a more "realistic" compromise? If the former, did TBL make for them a new unique body that being stylized, becomes different from anything available before?

shazzdan

shazzdan
The hands and feet (ankles) don't look like they are intended for a normal body. In the artwork associated with this game, Ryu tends to have a cartoonishly exaggerated body and this figure looks the same. Maybe you could paint him green and bash a Hulk from it.

ZombieKev

Wooo, finally! I've been waiting for some company to do a comic/game-style physique like this. Everything else TBL has done so far has been too realistic to work well for comic book style. Inflames made a body like this a while back but never sold it loose. So glad to see TBL finally do it.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
This is now up for preorder on BBTS and it looks fantastic!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum