OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iconiq Studios & CAPCOM - 1/6th Ryu figure (TBLeague)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

ukshaun

GubernatorFan wrote:
ukshaun wrote:
MeMyself&I wrote:I got invoiced (and I paid said invoice) today for Ryu. Should have him in the next week or so depending on shipping times for BBTS. A review shall follow of course!

Ryu will not disappoint.
I received Ryu about 2 or 3 weeks ago. The box is very well made. When you pick up Ryu, it is the largest lump of silicone i have handled, and very weighty (think TBLeague x3). The paint work on the hands looks spot on. Both portraits look excellent. For the moment my Ryu remains in the box. When the time comes to display him, i will probably avoid any extreme poses, as it is silicone, i have that feeling time will not be kind to an over stressed elbow or knee.
It is TPE, not silicon, despite early advertising.

TPE? - what does that stand for?
Is that an improved take on the TBLeague silicone?

YouTubers have mentioned Hot Toys using a better silicone for their latest Wonder Woman ..could it TPE also?
It has been mentioned how much heavier the new Wonder Woman is compared to previous Hot Toys Wonder Women. I assumed the skeleton had possibly been upgraded from plastic to metal?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
ukshaun wrote:

YouTubers have mentioned Hot Toys using a better silicone for their latest Wonder Woman ..could it TPE also?
It has been mentioned how much heavier the new Wonder Woman is compared to previous Hot Toys Wonder Women. I assumed the skeleton had possibly been upgraded from plastic to metal?
Look in the TBLeague seamless bodies catalog thread and maybe the Painting Seamless Bodies thread in Tutorials. Someone (gooboo?) got confirmation from TBLeague that, despite being advertised as silicon, the seamless material is TPE after all -- similar to Jiaou's (but TBLeague's seems less prone to damage). TPE is "Thermoplastic elastomers". These have been noted as heftier than the usual action figure bodies since the very start, although some of that is due to the stainless steel skeleton. I don't know about the HT Wonder Woman, but your Ryu has a specially designed TBLeague body, so it uses both a stainless steel skeleton and TPE. Given the size and shape, a lot more so than usual.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

ukshaun

GubernatorFan wrote:
ukshaun wrote:

Look in the TBLeague seamless bodies catalog thread and maybe the Painting Seamless Bodies thread in Tutorials. Someone (gooboo?) got confirmation from TBLeague that, despite being advertised as silicon, the seamless material is TPE after all -- similar to Jiaou's (but TBLeague's seems less prone to damage). TPE is "Thermoplastic elastomers". These have been noted as heftier than the usual action figure bodies since the very start, although some of that is due to the stainless steel skeleton. I don't know about the HT Wonder Woman, but your Ryu has a specially designed TBLeague body, so it uses both a stainless steel skeleton and TPE. Given the size and shape, a lot more so than usual.

ah..
So..

What you are saying is:
TBLeague / Phicen use TPE (with a metal skeleton)
Jiaou use TPE (with a plastic skeleton)
Ryu uses TPE as he is made by TBLeague / Phicen

Hot Toys remains an unknown for the moment. It could be TPE all be it an improved TPE, as older Hot Toys figures that used rubber type material for arms etc tended to split over time.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
ukshaun wrote:

ah..
So..

What you are saying is:
TBLeague / Phicen use TPE (with a metal skeleton)
Jiaou use TPE (with a plastic skeleton)
Ryu uses TPE as he is made by TBLeague / Phicen

Hot Toys remains an unknown for the moment. It could be TPE all be it an improved TPE, as older Hot Toys figures that used rubber type material for arms etc tended to split over time.
Exactly. Technically, Jiaou uses metal joints but a plastic skeleton nonetheless.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

rootleaf

rootleaf
As I write this, there is one more slot for pre-order at Comic-Concepts for $274.99:

https://comic-concepts.com/product/street-fighter-v-iconiq-gaming-series-ryu-sixth-scale-figure/

Meanwhile, Ekiahobbies has four in stock right now at $309.99:

https://www.ekiahobbies.com/capcom-x-iconiq-studios-x-tbleague-1-6-street-fighter-ryu-iqgs-01/  (you can use the coupon code, 5precent, for 5% off) not a misspelling, it's actually spelled the way you see it.

I've been late to this hobby and have only been with you guys and gals since September 2022, therefore I am posting this for others in case anyone missed out on initial pre-orders OR just finally decided to pull the trigger like myself. I am trying to catch up, in fact, I just placed my pre-order for this figure with Comic-Concepts last night.

By the way, I am not affiliated in any way with the vendors I mentioned above. I have only placed orders from them in the past and have been quite satisfied with their service.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
rootleaf wrote:As I write this, there is one more slot for pre-order at Comic-Concepts for $274.99:

https://comic-concepts.com/product/street-fighter-v-iconiq-gaming-series-ryu-sixth-scale-figure/

Meanwhile, Ekiahobbies has four in stock right now at $309.99:

https://www.ekiahobbies.com/capcom-x-iconiq-studios-x-tbleague-1-6-street-fighter-ryu-iqgs-01/  (you can use the coupon code, 5precent, for 5% off) not a misspelling, it's actually spelled the way you see it.

I've been late to this hobby and have only been with you guys and gals since September 2022, therefore I am posting this for others in case anyone missed out on initial pre-orders OR just finally decided to pull the trigger like myself. I am trying to catch up, in fact, I just placed my pre-order for this figure with Comic-Concepts last night.

By the way, I am not affiliated in any way with the vendors I mentioned above. I have only placed orders from them in the past and have been quite satisfied with their service.

I have received mine from BBTS and can say briefly that it’s worth every cent. I haven’t had a ton of time to make my review, but the simple fact is it’s worth it.

rootleaf

rootleaf
MeMyself&I wrote: I have received mine from BBTS and can say briefly that it’s worth every cent. I haven’t had a ton of time to make my review, but the simple fact is it’s worth it.

Nice!

I am really looking forward to its arrival then!

ukshaun

ukshaun
Iconiq Studios - Ken goes up for pre_order in 24hrs.
For some reason, still no shot's showing the portrait?

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
ukshaun wrote:Iconiq Studios - Ken goes up for pre_order in 24hrs.
For some reason, still no shot's showing the portrait?

That's great news. Their Ryu was an incredible figure, they didn't let people down, and I bet this figure's gonna follow the same path. Now I really do hope they tease a possible next character (Chun-Li or Cammy, please Shocked ) like they did with Ken.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Looks like there may be a second run of this as BBTS has Ryu back up for preorder.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum