OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iconiq Studios & CAPCOM - 1/6th Ryu figure (TBLeague)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Moonbase Alpha Male

You're not necessarily conscious of it playing the game, or looking at game art, but I think a Ryu body would have to be stylized / caricatured / exaggerated, compared to a big M34 or M35 that's still intended to be "real." The question is whether IconiqStudios fully respected this nature of the character, or did they go for a more "realistic" compromise? If the former, did TBL make for them a new unique body that being stylized, becomes different from anything available before?

shazzdan

The hands and feet (ankles) don't look like they are intended for a normal body. In the artwork associated with this game, Ryu tends to have a cartoonishly exaggerated body and this figure looks the same. Maybe you could paint him green and bash a Hulk from it.

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

ZombieKev

Wooo, finally! I've been waiting for some company to do a comic/game-style physique like this. Everything else TBL has done so far has been too realistic to work well for comic book style. Inflames made a body like this a while back but never sold it loose. So glad to see TBL finally do it.

MeMyself&I

This is now up for preorder on BBTS and it looks fantastic!

shazzdan

shazzdan
FreakinLobster wrote:Any bets on pricing? My guess is $250.
Good guess. BBTS has it for $290

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/179306

Iconiq Studios & CAPCOM - 1/6th Ryu figure (TBLeague) - Page 2 99a99948-14b4-4f5f-8dc1-94b93f26d5f8Iconiq Studios & CAPCOM - 1/6th Ryu figure (TBLeague) - Page 2 1695117e-0878-4b89-9570-7f628cf5d2b8

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Just PO from Big Bad Toys Store, It was cheaper than OSK surprisingly by a few dollars.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Is he a regular 12 inch figure or is he a little taller?

csyeung

csyeung
Here's the video, I think someone guessed this here or on another forum, but it makes sense, the next figure is teased at the end of the video.

Diana

Diana
He looks fantastic! I never cared for the game (or any video games), but I do recognize Ryu. That's saying something. And Karate is my sport. So... AND the man is on board! That's rare.

I'll be pre-ordering this one. And hoping for Ken. Cause apparently "if you get one you kinda gotta get both". Laughing I love you

MORE PICTURES: https://iconiqstudios.com/product/ryu

And apparently the body is an "ICONIQ exclusive".

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
I really hope that (I’m assuming that the final product does the promo pics justice) we get a good looking line of Street Fighter characters like we seem to be getting from Genesis with King of Fighters. Don’t get me wrong, the SD Chun-Li head is honestly fantastic, but the outfit is only passable (and I hate it more and more the more I make my own stuff). If the supposed quality of Ryu holds, we are in for a treat with these! Then again, when it’s licensed, quality shouldn’t be shocking.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
He looks great. Makes me wish I appreciated anime style figures better. If the body is an ICONIQ exclusive, I guess there's another one we should not hold our breaths hoping for TBLeague to release as a base body. By the way, note the bent-toe alternative feet. Something that I wish TBLeague would remember to provide with their bodies.

brazybear

brazybear
Damn they did a great job on this figure. Ryu will be joining a very exclusive club on my 1/6 shelf, being one of the only guys along with Water Margin Wu Song and Saitama from One Punch Man. I hope they do Laura next...

She's brushing her hair aside, NOT punching herself in the face Laughing

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Just imagine the prices this body will get if it's really an IconiQ exclusive. * shivers *  pale

One thing I wish they'd done, specially at this price and it being based on the SF V game, is putting a bearded HS to take advantage of the seamless body and get the "Hot Ryu" look.

Iconiq Studios & CAPCOM - 1/6th Ryu figure (TBLeague) - Page 2 Original

Iconiq Studios & CAPCOM - 1/6th Ryu figure (TBLeague) - Page 2 Hot-ryu-street-fighter-v

csyeung

csyeung
FreakinLobster wrote:Just imagine the prices this body will get if it's really an IconiQ exclusive. * shivers *  pale

One thing I wish they'd done, specially at this price and it being based on the SF V game, is putting a bearded HS to take advantage of the seamless body and get the "Hot Ryu" look.

Iconiq Studios & CAPCOM - 1/6th Ryu figure (TBLeague) - Page 2 Original

Iconiq Studios & CAPCOM - 1/6th Ryu figure (TBLeague) - Page 2 Hot-ryu-street-fighter-v

Oh I'm sure there will be opportunities to reuse the body again haha.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
I just noticed the hadoken hands are joined at the wrist. Nicely done, Iconiq!

Valiarde

Valiarde
Looks good but 290 is a bit much imo for that basic outfit. I i know new body and all but I dont see me getting this..

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
FreakinLobster wrote:Just imagine the prices this body will get if it's really an IconiQ exclusive. * shivers *  pale

Looks great.  However, now we know the body is an IconiQ exclusive, and have seen the Money Shot of the included accessories, my concerns set out above about those hands fully kick in.  I doubt any hands swapped from another body would look right on those thick wrists, so if you got the loose body, you'd need to get the hands as well, and you could only use it for someone wearing those training gloves -- limiting.  Would it have killed them to include one or two sets of bare hands  -- even useful for Ryu himself, actually.

Kit chen

The body is exclusive to Iconiq, because it's owned by Iconiq

People behind Iconiq are 1/6 collectors with passion, trust me the price they set is very reasonable and fair. I personally hope they could continue the line but it's pretty much depending on Ryu and Ken

Hopefully Iconiq will bring in more license that would surprise you

brassco

brassco
Iconiq Studios & CAPCOM - 1/6th Ryu figure (TBLeague) - Page 2 IMG-20211003-150108

Super Duck set022A M35.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ah yes, I remembered it correctly. Smile

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:

Looks great.  However, now we know the body is an IconiQ exclusive, and have seen the Money Shot of the included accessories, my concerns set out above about those hands fully kick in.  I doubt any hands swapped from another body would look right on those thick wrists, so if you got the loose body, you'd need to get the hands as well, and you could only use it for someone wearing those training gloves -- limiting.  Would it have killed them to include one or two sets of bare hands  -- even useful for Ryu himself, actually.

You'll also need to buy the feet along with the body, because of the bulky ankles. I'm expecting most boots won't even fit the ankles, and sneakers may look disproportionately small on it.
Let's hope this body doesn't come with different sized joints (wrist, ankle and neck), like in the female petit/anime bodies.

bunnyfreakz

bunnyfreakz
Looking good but $290? That's a little bit too much. I am expected $220 initially.

ZombieKev

At $290, the chance of this line going beyond 2 or 3 figures is essentially non-existent.  Unless all of those ppl who buy the $1000 SF statues step up and see the superiority of this figure... But I doubt it.

Too bad this bod is exclusive to this figure as it's a really useful body.  Huge, comic super hero style muscles with an aesthetically pleasing sculpt (a lot of other bods tend to be overly gritty/tendony looking).

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
ZombieKev wrote:At $290, the chance of this line going beyond 2 or 3 figures is essentially non-existent.  Unless all of those ppl who buy the $1000 SF statues step up and see the superiority of this figure... But I doubt it.

Too bad this bod is exclusive to this figure as it's a really useful body.  Huge, comic super hero style muscles with an aesthetically pleasing sculpt (a lot of other bods tend to be overly gritty/tendony looking).

Does it seem kind of irrational that there is going to be an interesting, attractive figure body that nevertheless doesn't get into general circulation, even though it's fully designed, all the molds exist, etc? There won't be even one made with "clean" hands and feet, though it would be so easy. And the kicker is that the body exclusivity makes the figure unnecessarily more expensive, so the buyers pay unnecessarily more. If TBL could normally amortize the design and molds costs etc of this body to future figures or loose body sales, presumably they would have charged somewhat less to Iconiq for supplying it, and then the precisely identical Ryu could have cost a bit less. Sometimes the Free Market sucks.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Iconiq showed the body and the extrem fighting positions it could take:

Iconiq Studios & CAPCOM - 1/6th Ryu figure (TBLeague) - Page 2 Ryu10

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Iconiq's website states "One (1) specifically created fully articulated seamless body (ICONIQ EXCLUSIVE)"
so I assume they're calling the shots, not TBL.

I'll probably wait for their Guile with normal hands if i want to buy just for the body... but then it'll have the flag tattoo... dang it, i can't win!

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
shazzdan wrote:I'd like to see a photo of this guy playing Replicade's 1:6 Street Fighter console.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1232-new-product-new-wave-toys-street-fighter-ii-x-replicade?highlight=replicade

Nice idea. I was googling Super Duck Cammy just now and saw this pic...
google "reddit Chun Li's got next" and click on the 1st link. cyclops

Valiarde

Valiarde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IihTWCJJvAo

Looks like the pegs are standard tbl, so you can change the head to a custom easily

shazzdan

shazzdan
Valiarde wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IihTWCJJvAo

Looks like the pegs are standard tbl, so you can change the head to a custom easily
Unless the neck is too thick to fit into a regular head.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum