OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB 19071711

--------------------------------------------------------
HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS : 1/6 Imperial Army-Greek Infantry Gold Edition
Barcode:6974202930257
NO.HH18047A

configuration list:
-1/6 simulation head sculpt*2
-New movable body
-8 replacement hands
clothing:
- Jacket
- Pants
-Cloak
-Helmet (metal)
-Armor (metal)
-Greaves (metal)
- shoe
Accessories:
-Long sword (metal)
-Spear (metal)
-Shield
-Floor

NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB 19063110
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB 19063510
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB 19063710
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB 19064110
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB 19064410
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB 19064711
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB 19064910
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB 19065210
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB 19065510
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB 19065610
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB 19065810
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB 19070110
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB 19070210
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB 19070411
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB 19070610
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB 19070710

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB 19082910

--------------------------------------------------------
HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS t: 1/6 Imperial Army-Greek Infantry Gold Edition
Barcode:6974202930257
NO.HH18047B

configuration list:
-1/6 simulation head sculpt*2
-New movable body
-8 replacement hands
clothing:
- Jacket
- Pants
-Cloak
-Helmet (metal)
-Armor (metal)
-Greaves (metal)
- shoe
Accessories:
-Long sword (metal)
-Spear (metal)
-Shield
-Floor

NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB 19075210
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB 19075510
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB 19075811

NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB 19080110
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB 19080410
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB 19080610
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB 19080710
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB 19080910
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB 19081010
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB 19081211
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB 19081310
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB 19081510
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB 22405610
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB 22405611

#newproduct #HHModel #HaoYuToys #ImperialCorps #GreekInfantry #male #historical/fantasy #military

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hmmm... The figures are certainly striking in appearance, and will probably be good in quality. But these are not realistic Greek hoplites. The best part is probably the head sculpt, the more neutral expression, as usual, being the better of the two. There are plenty of references to real Greek designs here, from the geometric decoration to the gorgon's head on the shield, but their choices are a bit off -- much would have been painted on, and little would have been executed in relief; the geometric designs are oversized, and there is plenty of over-stylizing with lines more appropriate for the Avengers' Thanos than for a Greek hoplite. Speaking of which, Thanos is a Greek name, a contraction of either Athanasios ("deathless") or perhaps Thanatos ("death," or the god thereof).

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:Hmmm... The figures are certainly striking in appearance, and will probably be good in quality. But these are not realistic Greek hoplites. The best part is probably the head sculpt, the more neutral expression, as usual, being the better of the two. There are plenty of references to real Greek designs here, from the geometric decoration to the gorgon's head on the shield, but their choices are a bit off -- much would have been painted on, and little would have been executed in relief; the geometric designs are oversized, and there is plenty of over-stylizing with lines more appropriate for the Avengers' Thanos than for a Greek hoplite. Speaking of which, Thanos is a Greek name, a contraction of either Athanasios ("deathless") or perhaps Thanatos ("death," or the god thereof).

Very well said -- the phrase that "There are plenty of references to real Greek designs here... but their choices are a bit off" quite efficiently summarizes the good and bad of it.  Recognizing the basic authenticity of the Gorgon design, I hadn't thought through that it would have been painted and not actually cast in a bronze shield (especially for infantry rather than some king's ceremonial armor).  

But my real issue with that is the vast redundancy of it.  First, the duplication of the exact Gorgon design on both the shield and again the breastplate, seems awkward and unlikely to me.  Secondly the Gorgon image may be logical on a shield (given the frequent mythological reference to Perseus using her reflection in a bronze shield to defeat the medusa) but it isn't a flag, logo or a brand, and it has no connection to the breastplate.  Thirdly, sadly HaoyuToys did the exact same thing on their previous Greek Heavy Infantry figure (re-use of parts).  So now I have to think that if I got this one, there would be positive overkill seeing them both together.  Four instances of the same prominent (as you say, oversized) and identical Gorgon design, too distracting.  It's a deal breaker for me that the look of Gorgon X 4 would damage any joint display.

I agree that the neutral headsculpt is preferable, but if you're going to do a screaming sculpt (and it is most welcome) this is the way to do it -- with a simultaneously included neutral sculpt to launch off from.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
OK, in all fairness to HaoyuToys, I see now that a fully relief sculpted bronze shield Gorgon image of this size may be perfectly accurate after all, as see below.  I stand by the comment that the duplication is still too much, especially across multiple figures.

NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB Shield10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The bronze shield was not cast -- that would have been too heavy. Rather a thin sheet of bronze was beaten into shape and secured atop a wooden shield. There may have been occasional fastened decorations made of metal in low relief, but there seems to be a general notion that practical shields benefited from as much smooth surface as possible. That said, there are some instances of highly ornate arms and armor, including shields, that have reliefs and sculpted details in baroque overflow. Whether they were status symbols or ceremonial pieces, the jury is still out. Like the shield of Philippos II (?) from Vergina --
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Corps - Greek Infantry (Black Gold/Gold Edition) #HH18047AB The_immense_armour_of_king_philip_ii-1

shazzdan

shazzdan
I don't like a single thing about this.

ahbake

Yeah, I much prefer ACI's old Hoplites...

gooboo

I hope COOModel or Poptoys or someone else makes a classical hoplite with a metal cuirass and helmet. I would buy that in a heartbeat.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum