OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Dystopic] Debt hunter Jack

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1[Dystopic] Debt hunter Jack Empty [Dystopic] Debt hunter Jack Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:28 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello!

Just something from the old dystopic bunch, with only 3 left I hope to move onto another setting that I've been wanting to tackle for some time and put together some nice figures for it. This guy is a bit weird, started out as a testbed of a few things and ended up becoming its own thing not at all rare for me, it's a mad 21st century toys mad bomber I had laying around, not exactly my most favorite 21st century figure though one I never saw sold locally, I have another one in the box which is why I decided to do this.

Jack and how he became a debt hunter

Being a debt hunter is like being a rat, debtors hate you and the common man sees you as nothing more than an opportunist, but not all debt hunters are opportunists, not all of them chose this career path that will undoubtedly result in an early demise, most debt hunters have a short life that ranges from six to eight years with good luck. There are quite a few companies that do contract work for banks and other institutions that offer credit or loans, companies such as Bennett & Simmons Collectors, New Age Collectors, Advanced Financial Services and many more. Such companies are seen as a sort of necessary evil its collectors as just doing their job and their life expectancy is usually much higher but for people like Jack whose debts are too many and tied to a corporation there's only two options, pay or serve, either in an indistrict or by working for a corporation. In-house debt collectors are rare, in order to qualify as one you need to have too much debt and have some useful skill that the corporation can benefit from you will be chosen after your profile has been analyzed by a team of experts, once done you will be released from the indistrict and then provided with the equipment and training needed to ensure that you pay your debts in a shorter and relatively easier manner. It should be kept in mind that not all debt hunters have a dangerous job, some are selected for the jobs in offices where their skills are better suited but if you are someone like Jack, a corporate war veteran who served in a PMC company carrying out jobs in South America for corporate mining companies  then you wont end up in some server room crunching numbers or asking some millionaire in the N.A.C.Z to please pay his debts, you will be sent to the worse of the worse and in many cases those are the blocks.
    The Blocks are massive utilitarian housing complexes usually between three to four levels high with each level having anywhere from two to six floors full of simple, utilitarian apartments, while not all blocks are dangerous there more than a few that have fallen to gangs and syndicates who have turned them into citadels from which they operate, most blocks have strict security but in the few where there's little to none being a debt collector becomes a debt sentence. As for jack this isn't his first time in such a block, he has earned himself a nickname, The Remnant they call him, Jack has seemingly survive all that debtors have thrown at him, proof of it is his biomechanically fixed body which thanks to modders he has turned into an extension of his weapons. As for the company he works for as a debt hunter, he's become the perfect boogeyman, a one man battering ram sent to collect debts so that he can pay his own.
[Dystopic] Debt hunter Jack 6aemtsN
[Dystopic] Debt hunter Jack S76xxHT
[Dystopic] Debt hunter Jack GmwDKwv
[Dystopic] Debt hunter Jack B7u7wmX
[Dystopic] Debt hunter Jack PSLNxYm
[Dystopic] Debt hunter Jack 4RgvKJL
[Dystopic] Debt hunter Jack BVc3ffq
[Dystopic] Debt hunter Jack ESBq1tg

Jack is equipped with a Zeltra advanced close quarter assault rifle, the weapon provides targeting and ammunition count direct to his flexible visual aid. This connection is made more stable thanks to his Genesis Biomechanical arms series 1090-A, additionally he has synthetic lungs thanks to extensive chemical damage, energy and ballistic protection, rip and slash proof clothing and a back up cardiovascular unit. Such modifications is the reason he's known as the Remnant, he is what remains of a broken man.

And that's it, I was testing to see if I could sculpt some robot arms for another figure, I tested them out on this guy as I didn't want to damage my one chance I had, I looked online for reference images of cyborgs and and similar things before realizing we already have prosthesis, so I decided to look at what we have before doing something else, modern prosthesis aren't exactly the best, they are okay at best but they made me realize something, if the ones currently available look rather nice then why would my figure set in the future (about 100 years from now) be different? So I decided to just make it look realistic, add color and metal to it, make it look more durable but the principle is the same, specially for mercenaries where I'm certain exposed cables would be bad. I would like to mention that this isn't a jab at the portrayal of exposed whirring, hoses and other mechanical things, I like those things they are cool to look at, they are interesting but for me and my setting I felt it would have been out of place.  So that's everything for now, I hope all of you have a great week and a Happy New year full of great and good things.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [Dystopic] Debt hunter Jack 1f60e

2[Dystopic] Debt hunter Jack Empty Re: [Dystopic] Debt hunter Jack Sun Dec 26, 2021 1:15 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
A grizzled, tough, slightly understated character, for a gritty job in a gritty world. Very nicely done -- sometimes the most interesting characters and appearances come together through initial fairly random experimentation. Is that a new background diorama, or just one we have not seen in a long while? It works beautifully. The lighting mood in the first photo is of course especially effective.

3[Dystopic] Debt hunter Jack Empty Re: [Dystopic] Debt hunter Jack Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:12 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
GubernatorFan wrote:A grizzled, tough, slightly understated character, for a gritty job in a gritty world. Very nicely done -- sometimes the most interesting characters and appearances come together through initial fairly random experimentation. Is that a new background diorama, or just one we have not seen in a long while? It works beautifully. The lighting mood in the first photo is of course especially effective.

Thanks Gubernator. I've recently found myself putting together figures like these and usually liking them more than the ones I've spent time thinking on how they will look or figuring out what to use. The background is not new, I haven't made any new ones in a while, I wanted to experiment with the light a little, got into a dark room and turned on a red light, I also used a white light for the rest of the pictures since I wanted it to look like he was deep somewhere.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [Dystopic] Debt hunter Jack 1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum