OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown  - Page 2 Empty Re: AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown Tue May 17, 2022 4:39 am

csyeung

Wow, she looks amazing sky! Well done!

27AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown  - Page 2 Empty Re: AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown Tue May 17, 2022 5:14 am

Randam Hajile

Very nice pics with Anakin! They look great together.

28AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown  - Page 2 Empty Re: AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown Tue May 17, 2022 6:17 am

Diana

Wow. Again, lovely photos. Very atmospheric! They have more chemistry in your photos than they did on screen! What a Face I love you

29AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown  - Page 2 Empty Re: AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown Tue May 17, 2022 2:31 pm

Illusion

lovely couple I love you
though I am no particular fan of Anakin, I do appreciate your professionally rooted version of him. He looks great. (so does Padme of course - have you shown a pic of the dress in full light? from head to toe? in the May 4th thread there are also only partial pics, right? I would be curious.)

30AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown  - Page 2 Empty Re: AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown Wed May 18, 2022 6:34 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great new shots ! A floating pear, tricky scene. Laughing I never noticed this is a homage at the genesis chapter 3. Thanks for the epistemology. May i ask what kind of camera You use for the fantastic shots ?

31AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown  - Page 2 Empty Re: AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown Wed May 18, 2022 7:23 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice atmospheric pics, Sky. Well done.

GubernatorFan wrote:Beautiful and moody pictures, they look just like they might have been nice screen grabs from a film. Gorgeous work.

csyeung wrote:Wow, she looks amazing sky! Well done!

Randam Hajile wrote:
Very nice pics with Anakin! They look great together.

Diana wrote:
Wow. Again, lovely photos. Very atmospheric! They have more chemistry in your photos than they did on screen!

Thanks so much, friends!  AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown  - Page 2 1f49c

Illustion wrote:lovely couple
though I am no particular fan of Anakin, I do appreciate your professionally rooted version of him. He looks great. (so does Padme of course - have you shown a pic of the dress in full light? from head to toe? in the May 4th thread there are also only partial pics, right? I would be curious.)

Ha, well, thanks, glad you like my rehaired version. I do think it looks better than the original Hot Toys sculpted hair. And believe it or not, Anakin/Vader is one of my favourite fictional characters of all time. I'll spare you my ramblings here, but if anyone is interested I go into a lot more detail about it and about my love for the Prequels in general in this thread.

If you scroll up, there are a couple of full length shots -- one from the side and one from the back. However, I will try to post some more that I took in daylight once I get a chance (I'm having some technical issues and can't currently extract the photos from my phone, so bear with me a bit).

Ephiane wrote:Great new shots ! A floating pear, tricky scene. Laughing I never noticed this is a homage at the genesis chapter 3. Thanks for the epistemology. May i ask what kind of camera You use for the fantastic shots ?

Thanks, Ephiane! And yeah, the floating space-pear is based on this scene from Attack of the Clones:

AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown  - Page 2 Tumblr_pylnvv2v4K1w8mobyo1_540

AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown  - Page 2 Tumblr_pylnvv2v4K1w8mobyo2_540

AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown  - Page 2 Tumblr_pylnvv2v4K1w8mobyo6_540

AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown  - Page 2 Tumblr_pylnvv2v4K1w8mobyo5_540

And indeed, this moment always struck me as one that is purposefully evoking Hades and Persephone as well as the Biblical forbidden fruit.    

I wanted to incorporate that symbolism into my own scene, so I suspended a miniature pear from a string in the air between them. AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown  - Page 2 1f605

The lighting is just an LED table lamp and some LED candles to try to give the 'Fireside' vibe. I didn't really have enough of the faux candles unfortunately, so the firelight look didn't come across as strongly as I'd have liked. The camera is just my old iphone. Hopefully in future I can improve my lighting, composition, and posing.

In this case, it was actually quite difficult to pose Padme because her outfit is so tight, lol! So, I realise the poses aren't super exciting. Though, once I have better props and lighting (not to mention an actual AotC Anakin figure), I may still try to do a photoshoot of them together in front of the fireplace, like this:

AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown  - Page 2 Tumblr_ol4hbh17cH1t0oj0jo1_r1_540

AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown  - Page 2 Tumblr_ol4hbh17cH1t0oj0jo3_r1_540

But overall, I intend to save the more dramatic posing for my eventual lightsaber duels and action shots. Razz

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

32AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown  - Page 2 Empty Re: AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown Wed May 18, 2022 11:09 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The depth of the film, lore, and reference research you do is amazing, adding so much more dimension to the beauty of your creations.

33AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown  - Page 2 Empty Re: AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown Wed May 18, 2022 11:20 am

Lupo.sculpts

Lupo.sculpts
I love it!!!!!!!

Working on my 3d! Eh Eh

Some day I will ask you the possibility to buy some clothes from you!!! :-)

AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown  - Page 2 Scherm78
AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown  - Page 2 Scherm77

https://www.instagram.com/frikifanart/

34AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown  - Page 2 Empty Re: AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown Wed May 18, 2022 11:25 am

Lupo.sculpts

Lupo.sculpts
I love the hairstyle you managed to accomplish. Maybe the hair is tiny bit too dark, other than this that "Fireside" Padme is lovely!!

https://www.instagram.com/frikifanart/

35AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown  - Page 2 Empty Re: AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown Wed May 18, 2022 11:54 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:The depth of the film, lore, and reference research you do is amazing, adding so much more dimension to the beauty of your creations.

Thanks for the kind words, it means a lot to know the thought I put into it is noticed and appreciated. I love you

Lupo.sculpts wrote:I love The hairstyle you managed to accomplish. Maybe the hair is tiny bit too dark, other than this that "By the Fireplace" Padme is lovely!!

Thank you! And your 3D design looks perfect so far!  AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown  - Page 2 1f44c

The hairstyle was extremely difficult to do, I won't lie. And yes, maybe the hair is a little dark in this lighting, but trust me, it is almost impossible to find a better match from what is available online. Most of the other browns are either very light brown (like the Anakin hair), or even darker. It seems that mid-reddish-brown colour is quite hard to achieve via dyeing the lamb's wool.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

36AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown  - Page 2 Empty Re: AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown Wed May 18, 2022 1:20 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Great looking newer photos Skywalkersaga!

37AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown  - Page 2 Empty Re: AotC Padme Amidala - Fireside gown Wed May 18, 2022 1:59 pm

Annalise

Annalise
Very nice photos and the gown looks great, good job!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum