OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Surfboard painting teaser - Ovy Random WIPs

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Ovy

Surfboard painting teaser - Ovy Random WIPs - Page 4 IMG-20230205-085127-3

GubernatorFan wrote:
Ovy wrote:Thanks! Nah it's never tiresome. Speaking of tiresome, you (and Stryker) don't have to feel obligated to comment every tiny picture of progress I post. But if you like to do that, that's fine and continue!  Very Happy
The characters collage looks excellent, and it's a nice idea to be reminded of them side by side.

I don't feel obliged to comment on your posts -- they lend themselves naturally to it. They tend to always appeal to me or at the very least teach me something new or impress me with your skill and technique. Moreover, you are a model citizen of this forum, both in your own contributions and your care for and interaction with others, and it is only appropriate to show one's natural appreciation of this.
Thanks a lot, dear model gubernator.

skywalkersaga wrote:WOW, Ovy, that portrait collection is absolutely stunning. And so impressive, especially knowing how much artistry went into each figure. Each portrait captures something special.
Thanks a lot!

Stryker2011 wrote:Excellent portrait montage.
Thanks

BAMComix wrote:Love the image Ovy! I did the same thing years back with my favourite Action man/Joe figures,
Thanks a lot, you have a link?

Valiarde wrote:Neat idea and great to see so many of your chars in an overview pic. Bonuspoint for everyone who could name them all with correct spelling without looking on the first page of this thread. Smile

I once thought of making biopics of my chars, with name, alignment, faction, age etc. Now that iam talking about it, wasnt there someone doing just that on here? With dimitri and some other chars? Long time no see...

Or we could play a game: choose your favourite char from each row
Thanks, yes you mean sarahdactyl.

Diana wrote:Love the collage! What an amazing set of characters! I'm most drawn to the portrait of Nayhadija (Yes, I did look it up. Razz).
Thanks, yeah Nayhadjia was neglected a bit although I did some rework some time ago and some photos recently I hav to edit yet.

Theboo-bomb wrote:Those seals are great, though I don't have much experience with 40k outside of some of the video games I've played... mostly on the Waaaagh! side.
Tanks bomba-git!

BAMComix

Ovy wrote:
BAMComix wrote:Love the image Ovy! I did the same thing years back with my favourite Action man/Joe figures,

For Ovy

[img]Surfboard painting teaser - Ovy Random WIPs - Page 4 25089062820_7bc5cf1162_cSome of my Action Man & Joes by Dal Lee, on Flickr[/img]

BTW, the new shot looks so cool! It's really coming together now bounce

Valiarde

@Dal: Also very nice to see the characters like that Smile

Ovy wrote:Surfboard painting teaser - Ovy Random WIPs - Page 4 IMG-20230205-085127-3

Oh we are getting closer to the full character! Very nice equipment, presented in similar style as your viking woman weapons Smile  In style!

Theboo-bomb

I'm getting darktide vibes from that shotgun, I wonder what the end figure will look like. The title also remind me of this.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Praise the emperor? I had hopes for something Romani-ish, but then again I suppose it is only appropriate that your post-apocalyptic empire should have heavy firearms approved with official seals. Is this "just" a creative arrangement or is it a fancy base? Looking beautiful, as usual, of course.

Ovy

Ovy
Don't know how to present this guy yet, as there are so many display options. But he is mostly finished. Surfboard painting teaser - Ovy Random WIPs - Page 4 IMG-20230309-040304-2

BAMComix wrote:
Ovy wrote:

For Ovy

Surfboard painting teaser - Ovy Random WIPs - Page 4 <a href=Surfboard painting teaser - Ovy Random WIPs - Page 4 25089062820_7bc5cf1162_cSome of my Action Man & Joes by Dal Lee, on Flickr" />

BTW, the new shot looks so cool! It's really coming together now  bounce
They look great together - and also related to each other. Laughing

Valiarde wrote:@Dal: Also very nice to see the characters like that  Smile

Ovy wrote:Surfboard painting teaser - Ovy Random WIPs - Page 4 IMG-20230205-085127-3

Oh we are getting closer to the full character! Very nice equipment, presented in similar style as your viking woman weapons Smile  In style!
Yeah sometimes you have to let the details shine without the figure distracting from it.

Theboo-bomb wrote:I'm getting darktide vibes from that shotgun, I wonder what the end figure will look like. The title also remind me of this.
Yeah that was the song I was referencing. And you are right, it's the shotgun from Darktide. Darktide made me reconnect with some old friends who also invited me to Dark Heresy PnP, and this character is the one I will play.

GubernatorFan wrote:Praise the emperor? I had hopes for something Romani-ish, but then again I suppose it is only appropriate that your post-apocalyptic empire should have heavy firearms approved with official seals. Is this "just" a creative arrangement or is it a fancy base? Looking beautiful, as usual, of course.
No, no, as mentioned, this is a character set in the Warhammer40k universe. There are no powder propelled firearms in my Post Apocalyptic world.
The Emperor of Mankind in 40k is the most powerful psionic human who guided humanity through it's history, but was betrayed and mortally wounded by half of his genetically engineered superhuman sons in ~30000. He is kept alive on the Golden Throne on Terra, unable to move or communicate. He wanted to abolish all religion and be seen as a normal human, but now, after 10000 years, he has unwillingly become the god of the Imperial Cult, and in praising him humanity has become more superstitious and zealous than ever.
There are many parallels to the Roman Empire in the Imperium of Man. For example their languages are Low Gothic (English) and High Gothic (Pseudo Latin).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Honestly, I'm getting lost in so many fantasy universes. Interesting concept. If I were writing it, he would be able to communicate but have no physical ability whatsoever, so omnipotent and impotent all at the same time. No, not in THAT sense. Well, I suppose that too. I love the new photo of your character. Cool combination of old, new, and something in between. Mish-mashes do not always work, but this sure does.

Illusion

Illusion
Ovy wrote:

Yeah sometimes you have to let the details shine without the figure distracting from it.

so true…
a tray of amazing accessories I love you beautifully presented

BAMComix

BAMComix
lol! @ Ovy!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks pretty good what you have shown us. With all those cool accessories, it should be pretty stellar.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Surfboard painting teaser - Ovy Random WIPs - Page 4 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Just going back to the brigandine armour, I'm watching this video about it below and remembered this thread, no idea if it helps or not but it's more info which is always a good thing for building armour even in 1/6!

Ovy

Ovy
It might take a while to chose and edit the next Surfboard pics (although I think the lighting is ok already with most of them, thanks to the sun)

So here a teaser for the painting process.
Surfboard painting teaser - Ovy Random WIPs - Page 4 Alaiateaser

GubernatorFan wrote:Honestly, I'm getting lost in so many fantasy universes. Interesting concept. If I were writing it, he would be able to communicate but have no physical ability whatsoever, so omnipotent and impotent all at the same time. No, not in THAT sense. Well, I suppose that too. I love the new photo of your character. Cool combination of old, new, and something in between. Mish-mashes do not always work, but this sure does.
Thanks a lot! Yes, that ancient futuristic technology combination in the 40k universe has it's charm. A company released a 1/6 figure interpretation some time ago, you might remember. https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3981-new-product-green-wolf-gear-gwg-014-1-6-scale-warhammer-40k

The Warhammer40k Emperor can communicate psionically with certain individuals but is stronlgy guarded by transhuman superwarriors in the Imperial Palace, which is the size of Europe.
Space Travel in the Imperium works in a certain way: To navigate the long distances Starships have to travel the Warp Space, which is basically another dimension. It's fed by the emotions of the living and has turned into a demon horror filled hellscape over the years (think Event Horizon cranked to 11). Certain mutant navigators (think Dune) are able to see the strong psionic presence of the Emperor with their mind, using him as the only guiding star to navigate that hell. They have some kind of special force fields which stop the demons from entering. IF tehy fail the ship is doomed.
So the Emperor has to be kept alive or the Imperium would fall apart. For this 10000 psionic humans are sacrificed every day, which are collected all over the galaxy and shipped to Terra.

Illusion wrote:
Ovy wrote:

so true…
a tray of amazing accessories I love you beautifully presented
cheers

BAMComix wrote:lol!  @ Ovy!
Laughing

Stryker2011 wrote:Looks pretty good what you have shown us. With all those cool accessories, it should be pretty stellar.
Thanks a lot. Yeah I made some pics now but it might take some time before I am ready to present them.

shovelchop81 wrote:Just going back to the brigandine armour, I'm watching this video about it below and remembered this thread, no idea if it helps or not but it's more info which is always a good thing for building armour even in 1/6!
Thanks for thinking of it and sharing!

Yeah I only once attempted something similar with the White Knight, whose post I haven't upgraded in a very long time.
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5578-the-white-knight-heater-shields-and-barbuta-helm

The blue breastplate I showed here still is plate armor though. Surfboard painting teaser - Ovy Random WIPs - Page 4 Zgu6bc87x5n01

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
The blue breastplate I showed here still is plate armor though. wrote:

Ooops! Sorry! My fault as I think I brought up brigandine in the first place now I've reread the posts! Embarassed Laughing

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice to see them taking the next step in the process. And you being there with your camera to document it in every sunsoaked detail. Smile
Dune and Palpatine mixed into one... scary.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ooh, looking forward to seeing the painted board! ^.^

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
The warhammer guy is looking good, warhammer is such an interesting setting full of very interesting factions which are all basically fantasy races but in sci-fi. Also looking forward to the seeing the surf board.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Surfboard painting teaser - Ovy Random WIPs - Page 4 1f60e

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Looks like a nice start. Cool to see her working with the paint.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Surfboard painting teaser - Ovy Random WIPs - Page 4 1f10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum