OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (hunter attire) - White/Brown

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Diana

Diana
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (hunter attire) - White/Brown  0168

Item No:PL2022-200A
Item Name:Mohegan (hunter attire)-White 1/6 Scale Action Figure
Price:170USD

Packing List:

1)     1 * war bonnet
2)     1 * head sculpt
3)     1 * TBLeague 1/6 scale male seamless body with metal skeleton
4)     1 * bone breastplate
5)     1 * bone necklace
6)     1* loincloth
7)     1 pair * upper arm sleeves
8 )     1 pair * wrist sleeves
9)     1 pair * lower leg sleeves
10)   1 pair * shoes
11)   1 * spear
12)    3pairs * interchangeable hands

Packaging:
1 product/individual box
GW: 1.62 kg
Measurements: 24.3cm*11cm*38.0cm

6 products/master carton
GW: 10.63 kg
Measurements: 50cm*36.7cm*40.5cm

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (hunter attire) - White/Brown  1157
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (hunter attire) - White/Brown  1251
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (hunter attire) - White/Brown  1345
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (hunter attire) - White/Brown  1438
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (hunter attire) - White/Brown  1534
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (hunter attire) - White/Brown  1630
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (hunter attire) - White/Brown  1727
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (hunter attire) - White/Brown  1825
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (hunter attire) - White/Brown  1923
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (hunter attire) - White/Brown  2024
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (hunter attire) - White/Brown  2123
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (hunter attire) - White/Brown  2220
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (hunter attire) - White/Brown  2319

Item No:PL2022-200B
Item Name:Mohegan (hunter attire)-Brown 1/6 Scale Action Figure
Price:170USD

Packing List:

1)     1 * war bonnet
2)     1 * head sculpt
3)     1 * TBLeague 1/6 scale male seamless body with metal skeleton
4)     1 * bone breastplate
5)     1 * bone necklace
6)     1* loincloth
7)     1 pair * upper arm sleeves
8 )     1 pair * wrist sleeves
9)     1 pair * lower leg sleeves
10)   1 pair * shoes
11)   3pairs * interchangeable hands
12)   5 * feathered arrows
13)   1*bow
14)   1* quiver

Packaging:
1 product/individual box
GW: 1.62 kg
Measurements: 24.3cm*11cm*38.0cm

6 products/master carton
GW: 10.63 kg
Measurements: 50cm*36.7cm*40.5cm

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (hunter attire) - White/Brown  3113
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (hunter attire) - White/Brown  3213
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (hunter attire) - White/Brown  3312
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (hunter attire) - White/Brown  3412
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (hunter attire) - White/Brown  3512
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (hunter attire) - White/Brown  3612
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (hunter attire) - White/Brown  3712
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (hunter attire) - White/Brown  3812
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (hunter attire) - White/Brown  3912
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (hunter attire) - White/Brown  4012
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (hunter attire) - White/Brown  4112
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (hunter attire) - White/Brown  4212
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (hunter attire) - White/Brown  4312
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (hunter attire) - White/Brown  4412
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (hunter attire) - White/Brown  4512
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (hunter attire) - White/Brown  4612

Valiarde

Valiarde
It is like they read on this board - when we mentioned we would like to see the indian women as a male version too. haha, nice
M31 body?

Diana

Diana
Valiarde wrote:It is like they read on this board - when we mentioned we would like to see the indian women as a male version too. haha, nice
M31 body?

M32 I think. The Bruce Lee body.

blackpool

blackpool
it looks so freakin good!!! I'm definitely grabbing one!

Ghost808

Ghost808
Urghhh, same issues as before.
They look like dudes from a woman's saucy calendar shoot.
The face is remarkably Caucasian for a native, and actually has a young Tom Cruise look from certain angles.
The outfit is about as historically accurate as Jeans and a hoody in the Napoleonic war.
The bow is like an Asian recurve bow, rather than a native straight hunting bow.
The headdress isn't all that bad, to be fair. Could be useful, maybe.
I guess, it is what it is, a TBL fantasy take on history.
Shame, as realistic natives would be useful to a lot of western collectors. Not really sure who would want this though???

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Ghost808 wrote:Not really sure who would want this though???
Apparantly the one who posted in this thread 7 minutes before you. I'm sure there are more.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This should have been a Cheyenne with that headdress, and they wore dear skins which mostly covered their bodies, not this romance novel cover model stuff. Like Ghost said, the bow is all wrong, just like it was for the female version. That being said, I may grab one just to cobble together an Indian for my Westworld.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (hunter attire) - White/Brown  C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, this is the M32 body. Not my favorite, but nice to see it put to good use. It works well here, especially kitted up. Of course, objectively speaking, it is probably too tall for this sort of thing -- then again, this might make sure it looks about right next to the female versions. As others have noted, this is very much a fantasy stereotype of an Indian warrior (or two), much like the female versions. It is more realistic to be passed off as cosplay for Halloween or something. And again nothing particularly Indian about the faces. And since they are laying on the cultural cliches so thickly, why did they forget the tomahawks and peace pipes? Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
According to BBICN, the body is the M32...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:According to BBICN, the body is the M32...

Yes, of course it is. That's actually what I meant, but I sometimes confuse the numbers. I corrected my post.
M30 is the original, slightly comic-book like, but unfortunately short and greyish body.
M31 is the supposedly average body, taller and tanner body, with the unfortunate frontal sculpt, bad wrists, and missing bits.
M32 is the Bruce Lee body, portraying a tight, supposedly Asian musculature (but atypically tall). And that's the one they used here.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
The weirdly specific reason that I would get these for, would be for the purpose of transferring all these year-2022-quality level accoutrements onto some 1960's Marx Natives (Chief Cherokee or Geronimo), just because my childhood love of those figures runs deep. I'd love to shoot those Marx figures with the updated gear though it would probably look somewhat inconsistent. The 1960's heads (though rough plastic and nearly unpainted) look so much more dignified (and ethnically correct) than these guys do.

I agree most aspects of this are a cliché mish-mash, but the worst offender by way of cultural sensitivity must be the headdress which is off-putting particularly in the contexts of not being worn as everyday wear or on the hunt, and probably never earned by someone this young. What TBL could easily do would be to also include an alternative plain headband with one or two feathers. Cheap and simple for them to do, and it would also increase the "army builder" potential, and so maybe even earn them a few added purchases. If Louis Marx could do it in 1969...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
So true, MBAM!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:I agree most aspects of this are a cliché mish-mash, but the worst offender by way of cultural sensitivity must be the headdress which is off-putting particularly in the contexts of not being worn as everyday wear or on the hunt, and probably never earned by someone this young.  What TBL could easily do would be to also include an alternative plain headband with one or two feathers.  Cheap and simple for them to do, and it would also increase the "army builder" potential, and so maybe even earn them a few added purchases.  If Louis Marx could do it in 1969...

DING DING DING!!!

PatriciaLaHag

PatriciaLaHag
Great figure, really! But I wonder when they will release these other guys?

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (hunter attire) - White/Brown  Villag10

Ghost808

Ghost808
TravelGuide wrote:
Apparantly the one who posted in this thread 7 minutes before you. I'm sure there are more.

Not my intention to ruffle anyone's war bonnet!
I'm sure there are people who would want it. Obviously the person above does (who posted while I was typing)
I just don't see these having mass appeal among 1/6 collectors. So an odd choice for TBL.
They'll maybe cater to erotic "sexy" figure collectors, and maybe kitbashers, but I don't see historical, or detail collectors being overly interested. I could be wrong though?

My real disdain for this and the female versions, is it's just more nonsense feeding into the misrepresentation of an already decimated culture. Just more false stereotyping. Like some drunken bachelor party cosplay.

The stupid thing is, a more accurate figure, would look much better, and have more accessories and therefore more dress options.
And if you still really wanted a mostly naked, Ken doll, bachelor Indian, you could just strip off most of his clothes and slap on a caucasian head. If that's what floats your canoe.

Ghost808

Ghost808
PatriciaLaHag wrote:Great figure, really! But I wonder when they will release these other guys?

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (hunter attire) - White/Brown  Villag10

Thanks to this figure, I think you could pretty much make this set happen now! 😄

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Ghost808 wrote:
TravelGuide wrote:
I just don't see these having mass appeal among 1/6 collectors. So an odd choice for TBL.
They'll maybe cater to erotic "sexy" figure collectors
Given TBLeague's previous releases, it's quite clear that is their target audience. I have a friend (he's not on this board) who has about 100 of their (female) figures, when asked why he got them he says "I like to look at pretty ladies." Now obviously he won't buy these (he will buy the female Mohegans however).
but I don't see historical, or detail collectors being overly interested. I could be wrong though?
And those aren't TBLeauges target audience.

My real disdain for this and the female versions, is it's just more nonsense feeding into the misrepresentation of an already decimated culture. Just more false stereotyping. Like some drunken bachelor party cosplay.
Fair enough. TBLeague is a chinese company. In Asia things are viewed different. I know a Japanese (girl) band who for a Halloween concert dressed in (what they thought) was native american attire. The youtubecomments of people in the US were often negative about it. Japanese fans honestly didn't realise what was wrong.

Probably most production of TBLeague goes to Asia, but I'm not sure.

The stupid thing is, a more accurate figure, would look much better, and have more accessories and therefore more dress options.
Probably true, but again, realisitc collectors are not their target audience. And to add these accesories to the figures it takes more investment to (it really does, you make think it's easy because you already know about it, the people producing it don't, so they need to invest time to do research about it and then produce it). The question is if it would really pay off. For TBLeague it's probably a better businessdecision to slap two poorly researched fantasy figures together than to make one well researched realistic figure.

blackpool

blackpool
Ghost808 wrote:
TravelGuide wrote:

Not my intention to ruffle anyone's war bonnet!
I'm sure there are people who would want it. Obviously the person above does (who posted while I was typing)
They'll maybe cater to erotic "sexy" figure collectors, and maybe kitbashers, but I don't see historical, or detail collectors being overly interested. I could be wrong though?

And if you still really wanted a mostly naked, Ken doll, bachelor Indian, you could just strip off most of his clothes and slap on a caucasian head. If that's what floats your canoe.

Well I'm a big movie fan, and to me it has some interesting features to kitbash my own indian guy, (that would be more of an hybrid wearing some western clothing stolen from ennemies or such as...)
So this is mainly a start point, and I thank TBLeague for varying their offerings, I don't have memories of another Native indian figure besides Tonto (which is in the same hollywood/fantasy vibe)

I totally agree that more historically accurate figures would be very interesting, and surely of great interest for some collectors, I'd love to see more, and I'd definitely grab some

Now if that is what you're looking for, you should know by now that it's not Phicen/TBL area of expertise... Bashing every and each of their fantasy release for being fantasy sounds quite useless (tho I always enjoy reading history experts showing historical references for our understanding) But it still feels like you enter a Baseball stadium and expect a basketball game lol

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
All very valid points, I think.

Patricia, excellent connection; I'd say it would be great if they do the rest -- whether one is interested in putting together the Village People or just having some of these (stereotypical) characters that can, in fact, be appropriate for specific scenes or displays or photostories, etc.

I can't speak for TBLeague, but I don't think these were in any way intended to be disrespectful towards American Indian cultures; if anything, in their own naive ways they are probably celebrating it and the interest/love for it among their customers. I am all for realism and would have much preferred a realistic set (that could be customized as one wanted, if need be), and I am not a huge fan of the cosplay characters per se, but I think interpreting these as insulting is overthinking it -- or worse. If there were a way to provide feedback to TBLeague directly, I would agree in encouraging them to amplify these sets (or create new ones) in ways that make them more realistic; they may or may not agree. But until that happens (and I have seen no indication that they take notice of such feedback -- at least not from customers like us), I agree with those who pointed out the promising kitbash potential of using some of these pieces here and others there to create custom and more effective representations.

Ghost808

Ghost808
@GubernatorFan, I totally agree. I don't think it was intentional, but I also don't think businesses should be able to use ignorance as an excuse. If you mean to celebrate something, you should probably try to have at least a basic understanding of it. Or better yet, just steer clear of it altogether, if you don't.

@blackpool and TravelGuide, very fair points.
I think what really saddens me, is that we have access to billions of facts, millenia of history, all in the palm of our hands, or on our computers, accessible in seconds. Yet seemingly whole countries know so little about each others histories, cultures or perspectives, or worse, dont even seem to care. Let's not bother spending a whole 5 mins on google. Let's just pump out these outdated stereotypes for money.

I also still don't get why, with the vast wealth of untapped fantastical themes in video games, books, concept art, animation, available to them, TBL bother doing hokey, or borderline offensive (loosely) "factually based" stuff. While great options get missed, but hey!
I'm not adverse to TBLs figs in general btw. I'm partial to a sexy lady in a steel bikini! 😄 I just prefer it when they keep it essentially sourceless and fantastical.
It's not that I even want TBL specifically to do a better version of these really. I just kinda wish they hadn't done them at all, because ultimately you are both right. TBL gonna TBL.

P.s. For clarity as to why this bothered me so much. I have 3 good friends in the U.S who are tribal members, and I've heard their very painful accounts of how they've been affected by their culture being mutilated, hollywoodised, and monetised. Basically had me in tears! So it's touched a nerve. I think we all could be a bit more careful about how we represent history, especially how we represent those who "lost" or were/are oppressed and havent had a voice for so long. Even in seemingly harmless 1/6 figures. It all has an impact.
I admit though, my recent closeness to the subject, has made me extra sensitive, sorry. I'm just venting.

Diana

Diana
I am quite forgiving towards this culture, whose access to information is so controlled and restricted, that they may well not know any better.

In any case, I am wondering how easy it might be to give these hunters and huntresses some clothes to wear underneath. It obviously couldn't be these shiny spandex like super hero leggins etc, but... simple loose pants and long shirt could make a world of difference. Still gotta find a better head and maybe dye the body... ok, turning into a big project now. Laughing

But tempting.

Meanwhile I think I'll stick to passing on these figures in the hope that they'll take a similar route with them as with the Spartans: Getting more and more covered up over time. Laughing

blackpool

blackpool
Ghost808 wrote:

@blackpool and TravelGuide, very fair points.
I think what really saddens me, is that we have access to billions of facts, millenia of history, all in the palm of our hands, or on our computers, accessible in seconds. Yet seemingly whole countries know so little about each others histories, cultures or perspectives, or worse, dont even seem to care. Let's not bother spending a whole 5 mins on google. Let's just pump out these outdated stereotypes for money.

I also still don't get why, with the vast wealth of untapped fantastical themes in video games, books, concept art, animation, available to them, TBL bother doing hokey, or borderline offensive (loosely) "factually based" stuff. While great options get missed, but hey!
I'm not adverse to TBLs figs in general btw. I'm partial to a sexy lady in a steel bikini! 😄 I just prefer it when they keep it essentially sourceless and fantastical.
It's not that I even want TBL specifically to do a better version of these really. I just kinda wish they hadn't done them at all, because ultimately you are both right. TBL gonna TBL.

P.s. For clarity as to why this bothered me so much. I have 3 good friends in the U.S who are tribal members, and I've heard their very painful accounts of how they've been affected by their culture being mutilated, hollywoodised, and monetised. Basically had me in tears! So it's touched a nerve. I think we all could be a bit more careful about how we represent history, especially how we represent those who "lost" or were/are oppressed and havent had a voice for so long. Even in seemingly harmless 1/6 figures. It all has an impact.
I admit though, my recent closeness to the subject, has made me extra sensitive, sorry. I'm just venting.

I couldn't agree more about the exceptional amount of historical ressearches of most eras that stays in shelves or closed books and never gets used to bring realism in movies, and so far in toys and figures... And I totally understand native american culture can be a sensible and sensitive subject as they greatly suffered from oppresion throughout world history, with only very late and limited recognition from our leaders.

shazzdan

shazzdan
I don't see how this is any more offensive than what Hollywood and popular media have done to every other culture.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum