OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:48 pm

skywalkersaga

Yes, the signs are extremely realistic and convincing. Very impressive. : )

And I dearly hope there are more of those 'child monk' heads left, since I keep meaning to purchase more myself....

27The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:52 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Yeah, those signs are glorious in their realism.

28The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:26 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:And I dearly hope there are more of those 'child monk' heads left, since I keep meaning to purchase more myself....
There are. Here with black hair:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/324480414041

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

29The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:34 pm

Valiarde

These children heads are quiet expensive on ebay. I like the Do it yourself approach here. 

And the signs are great - I hope you left one back in Italy for tourists. Smile

30The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:38 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:And the signs are great - I hope you left one back in Italy for tourists. Smile
LOL That made my day.

31The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:56 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
It's very nice to learn where the head came from. Great work (as usual)!

I love the crab warning sign. It reminds me that I once bought a preserved crab as a souvenir in Helgoland. Sadly, it lost two legs on the journey back (this stuff is really brittle). Sad

32The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:26 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
Those signs are brilliant!

33The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:13 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Beautiful work, as always.

34The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:09 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Whatever the ancestors did to keep the Mutanti at bay, it was not enough and now they are gone. But the few who stayed are stubborn.

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 A000

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 A001

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 A003

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 A004

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 K03

Corniglia climbed up quite some mountains. Up there you are definitely safe from the Mutanti Giganti. Mediterrans seem to be always pulled back to the water again by some unknown force, though.
The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 A35-edited

In Punta Chiappa, there is a temple of Stella Maris, a Sea Goddess.

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 A005

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 A006

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 A008

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 A007

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 A009

It's quite a bit of photos so I will split in three parts.

GubernatorFan wrote:I love the signs. They look just like the real thing would.
And thanks for the extra info on the head. After Sky pointed me towards a name to search, I saw a listing by another seller (or the same by another name), but for slightly less money.

There is this one with hair:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/175050058074

Thanks a lot, strangely I didn't photograph them that much.

skywalkersaga wrote:Yes, the signs are extremely realistic and convincing. Very impressive. : )

And I dearly hope there are more of those 'child monk' heads left, since I keep meaning to purchase more myself....

Thanks! Didn't I sent you a copy some time?

Stryker2011 wrote:Yeah, those signs are glorious in their realism.
Thanks!

GubernatorFan wrote:
Valiarde wrote:And the signs are great - I hope you left one back in Italy for tourists. Smile
LOL That made my day.
Haha, no but I should have made stickers. Maybe I will.

Randam Hajile wrote:It's very nice to learn where the head came from. Great work (as usual)!

I love the crab warning sign. It reminds me that I once bought a preserved crab as a souvenir in Helgoland. Sadly, it lost two legs on the journey back (this stuff is really brittle). Sad
Thanks a lot! Yeah before you throw the poor crab away you can still send it to me haha.

BAMComix wrote:Those signs are brilliant!
Thanks!

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Beautiful work, as always.
Thanks a lot!

35The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:13 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:
LOL That made my day.
Nice! Just remember, if you really want to freak them out, they should be in 1:1 scale. Smile

36The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:04 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Excellent pictures.

37The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:12 am

Diana

Diana
What a gorgeous little girl and the photos are just as beautiful as always. Love the outdoor shots as much as the indoor ones. The story telling in that first sequence is as cinematic as ever. Beautiful reveal. Smile

38The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:53 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Beautifully shot. She looks perfect.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 C8485110

39The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:33 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Her mama was jumping from high cliffs into the ocean before she knew Corniglia was already growing in her belly. Maybe that's why she feels so comfortable on those cliffs with no fear of heights.
The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 A017

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 A30

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 K01

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 K02

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 K05

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 A018

Beachcombing is a favourite pasttime on peaceful days. Shells turn into shovels and the translucent rocks become pearls.
The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 A010

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 A013

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 A014

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 A016

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 A011

Here an old mosaic of Stella Maris, the Sea Goddess.
The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 IMG-20220917-110054

And her worshippers. When plague, war and monstrosities destroyed the old world, a few humble souls were safed on their little boats, to claim the coasts again.
The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 IMG-20220917-110057

The light of her guiding star led them to safe shores.
The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 IMG-20220917-105342

BAMComix wrote:Excellent pictures.
Thanks!

Diana wrote:What a gorgeous little girl and the photos are just as beautiful as always. Love the outdoor shots as much as the indoor ones. The story telling in that first sequence is as cinematic as ever. Beautiful reveal. Smile
Thanks a lot, glad you like the sequence, I am quite happy how the wiping away of the sand turned out.

Stryker2011 wrote:Beautifully shot. She looks perfect.
Thanks a lot!

GubernatorFan wrote:
Ovy wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:
LOL That made my day.
Nice! Just remember, if you really want to freak them out, they should be in 1:1 scale. Smile
I actually photographed many Italian signs for inspiration, most are unwelcoming, some absurd and funny.

It's around 30 pics , put them into the spoiler.
Spoiler:

40The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:41 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
More excellent photos! I love the detail of the sand on the bottom of her feet and between her toes. :'D

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

41The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:32 pm

davidd

davidd
What an adorable little barbarian of the beach! And her tiny footprints are so cuuute!

My, but the Italian signs are unwelcoming! Your "giant mutants" sign is relatively serene compared to the harsh tone of many of the real signs! Is Italy no longer the easy-going place it has a reputation for having been?

42The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:50 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ok I didn’t see the signs in the spoiler at first. Some of those are intense, lol! What part of Italy was this?

43The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:02 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
These are gorgeous. The shots on the cliff are perfect. And I really dig the story behind the mosaic.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 C8485110

44The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:21 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
So you must have been in Camogli then, to visit the Stella Maris. And Porto Venere sounds like the puritan capital of Italy -- I mean what are those clothing hating Teutons to do if they want to visit! How unwelcoming! Smile

Beautiful and evocative photos of Corniglia on the rock and on the beach. One needs real wet sand to pull off the footprints, and you did a great job with those.

45The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:13 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
More wonderful shots!

46The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:53 am

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Especially the pictures of her on the cliff are awesome!

47The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:27 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
She is so sweet ! Thanks for the extra pictures, Ovy. This is a fantastic Edge of the world. Made for to do this kind of pictures

48The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:58 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
She's adorable, the sign looks great and I was wondering if it was actual metal, you did a great job weathering it.

Also are you making an army of children and declaring yourself warlord?  The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 1f606

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 1f60e

49The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:21 am

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
I was wondering why I was jokingly asked to make giant crab figure for you on my Cthulhu thread, now I know! LOL. Brilliant photography!! Love the child build too, very effective! Reminds me of so many classic movie scenarios from 'Mad Max 3' etc.. After looking at your spoiler sign pics I thought I'd share a crazy one I'd often see riding across Greece through the mountains on motorcycles.

I'm on a motorcycle on a mountain, to my left is a shear drop (usually into crashing rocks and the sea hundreds of meters below), to my right is a mountain, what the hell do they expect me to do?!

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 Canary-island-tenerife-spain-23-260nw-1632689581

The other I can't find a picture of, but I was literally riding through a mound cut in two that used to be a graveyard, so on either side were coffins open to the air with bones in them! I don't know if this was a temporary thing, waiting for the The Church to organise removal of the bones or what but the road was open and properly tarmaced! Nuts! Maybe they were Turks?

50The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:19 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Corniglia in the actual village of Corniglia. As mentioned it's on a cliff and you have to go down many stairs to reach the water, that's why it's still not overrun by mutanti.

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 A022

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 A020

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 A023

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 A021

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 A024

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 A026

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 K06

High velocity throwing weapons were used to pierce holes into the crab's silhouette.
The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 A027

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 A028

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 A029

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 B010

skywalkersaga wrote:More excellent photos! I love the detail of the sand on the bottom of her feet and between her toes. :'D
Thanks a lot! The sand got all there by itself, it gets everywhere a wise man once said.

davidd wrote:What an adorable little barbarian of the beach! And her tiny footprints are so cuuute!

My, but the Italian signs are unwelcoming! Your "giant mutants" sign is relatively serene compared to the harsh tone of many of the real signs! Is Italy no longer the easy-going place it has a reputation for having been?
Thanks a lot, yeah the sand had the perfect consistency for good prints, it was freshly watered, had to relocate the figure several times because of waves. And I think the number of signs increases with the number of tourists and money spent there. Most of the signs were photographed in Porto Venere, that's were people eat expensive food and cruise around in LED superyachts to fill their inner emptiness.

skywalkersaga wrote:Ok I didn’t see the signs in the spoiler at first. Some of those are intense, lol! What part of Italy was this?
Thanks! It's Liguria.  Here is a rough overview of the way I took.
The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 Ligurien

Well it was a contrasting vacation. I started in Genova and from there walked to Portovenere along the coast for some days. First half of the day was mostly walking up a mountain, here the number of people decreased rapidly the higher you got and most mountains were empty.
In the evening I was often walking down into a coastal town were the nightlife went on until early in the morning and nobody had to starve. It was something between peaceful loneliness and mass tourism haha.

Stryker2011 wrote:These are gorgeous. The shots on the cliff are perfect. And I really dig the story behind the mosaic.
Thanks a lot! Yeah it's kind of Holy Mary the Mermaid if we think of it. As most religious fictions in my unvierses it's based on ehh real religious facts: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady,_Star_of_the_Sea

GubernatorFan wrote:So you must have been in Camogli then, to visit the Stella Maris. And Porto Venere sounds like the puritan capital of Italy -- I mean what are those clothing hating Teutons to do if they want to visit! How unwelcoming! Smile

Beautiful and evocative photos of Corniglia on the rock and on the beach. One needs real wet sand to pull off the footprints, and you did a great job with those.
Thanks a lot! Yeah as said it was the perfect sand for that.
I guess you mean some Hotel named Stella Maris? Well I didn't sleep in Hotels I always slept outside. Came to Camogli in the evening but didn't get a BnB or Hotel there and borrowed a folding chair by the sea.
The pics are from a shrine on Punta Chiappa, devoted to Stella Maris, as linked for Stryker..

And haha, the worst of the worst place was Portofino. I don't want to (censored) on super rich people, I mean many here have Hot Toys collections, but it seems this place has completely sold itself and turned into a fake world. For me it would be a hellish place to spend a vacation but it's surreal fun if you look at it consciously haha. I was the only homeless sweaty backpack person there at the promenade.

Well and then there is the Cinque Terre, five villages on the coast. Quite popular among Americans. The villiages are kept alive and authentic artificially by the money the tourism brings. They have a very good connection to the railway system and masses of people flood them. I didn't stay long there as it was just too much, fled into the mountains and forests.
My favourite of the villages was Corniglia. The people who came by railway had to walk up for some time, and you had to take many staris down the beach, so a lot of filtereing went on there..

BAMComix wrote:More wonderful shots!
Thanks a lot!

TravelGuide wrote:Especially the pictures of her on the cliff are awesome!
Thanks, yeah those cliff shots always work!

Ephiane wrote:She is so sweet ! Thanks for the extra pictures, Ovy. This is a fantastic Edge of the world. Made for to do this kind of pictures
Thanks so much. Yeah and she actually really was made for this vacation or at least that gave me the motivation to finish the figure.

Theboo-bomb wrote:She's adorable, the sign looks great and I was wondering if it was actual metal, you did a great job weathering it.

Also are you making an army of children and declaring yourself warlord?  The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 1f606
Thanks! And no, while I while create more figures of tribal children, they will always have some parents and elders lurking in the back and keeping them in check, or trying to.

shovelchop81 wrote:I was wondering why I was jokingly asked to make giant crab figure for you on my Cthulhu thread, now I know! LOL. Brilliant photography!! Love the child build too, very effective! Reminds me of so many classic movie scenarios from 'Mad Max 3' etc.. After looking at your spoiler sign pics I thought I'd share a crazy one I'd often see riding across Greece through the mountains on motorcycles.

I'm on a motorcycle on a mountain, to my left is a shear drop (usually into crashing rocks and the sea hundreds of meters below), to my right is a mountain, what the hell do they expect me to do?!

The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 Canary-island-tenerife-spain-23-260nw-1632689581

The other I can't find a picture of, but I was literally riding through a mound cut in two that used to be a graveyard, so on either side were coffins open to the air with bones in them! I don't know if this was a temporary thing, waiting for the The Church to organise removal of the bones or what but the road was open and properly tarmaced! Nuts! Maybe they were Turks?

See, now you know haha. And thanks a lot. And I think the point of the sign is not to look up and dodge rocks that fall down at the very moment you pass, but to look out for rocks that might be lying on the street. So if someone crashes into a rock, the Sign can say: "There, I warned you."

And yeah your anecdote sounds like the perfect zombie slasher B-Movie starring a crafty biker. :p

51The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:34 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I was under the impression Punta Chiappa and its Stella Maris shrine were in Camogli, but I see now they are a little ways away. So you had a hiking holiday? That tales resolve, skill, and endurance. And you managed to make it artistic on top of all that. My hat's off to you, Sir.

Love the extra photos of Corniglia, and I'm glad to see she was not alone in her scale, judging by the background appearance of Wolf Boy. Smile

52The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:42 pm

davidd

davidd
Ovy wrote:Most of the signs were photographed in Porto Venere, that's were people eat expensive food and cruise around in LED superyachts to fill their inner emptiness.

I wish I had the superyacht option for filling my inner emptiness.

I saw one of those boats last year, cruising under a bridge that I was driving across in my now-older-model boring lower-middle-class sport utility wagon, and I felt depressed for days afterward, wondering where I went wrong in my life and financial choices.
Neutral

53The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:59 am

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
See, now you know haha. And thanks a lot. And I think the point of the sign is not to look up and dodge rocks that fall down at the very moment you pass, but to look out for rocks that might be lying on the street. So if someone crashes into a rock, the Sign can say: "There, I warned you." And yeah your anecdote sounds like the perfect zombie slasher B-Movie starring a crafty biker. :p wrote:Ovy

Yeah I figured that was the main part of it but it was on the 'old' National Road going from Athens all the way down to the bottom of the Peloponnese so you're basically on a motorway travelling at speed around a lot of steep corners! At least it was great fun when I was young Wink . I've ridden through Italy a few times too, man those maffia controlled motorways are expensive!! And that's for a motorcycle, most countries let us go through for free! The alternative is interesting lol...going around in circles forever on the backroads that seem to go nowhere and are just like your famous pasta! Of course no one spoke English back then, or French, or Greek...paper maps, no mobiles or GPS either Wink , fun though!

54The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:38 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for explaining more about that region of Italy, Ovy. I've never been to that part of the country (other than perhaps driving past) and I am highly amused by your account. Your wild camping/sleeping experiences remind me of another friend of mine from Poland who used to go on foot through every European mountain range he could reach and sleep outside wherever he ended up, even on a precarious mountaintop. He also disliked the touristy crowds. Razz

What is an 'LED' yacht? Just a yacht lit up with LED lights? I clearly am behind the times... The Stella Maris Festival (12/21/22) - Page 2 1f605

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum