OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kitchen Diorama

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Kitchen Diorama Empty Kitchen Diorama Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:19 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Here is the latest set I've been working on. I still haven't decided whether it will be the Ammo Arms kitchen or an apartment kitchen. The kitchen units, cooker and oven are of course vintage Sindy items. The table and chairs are a little hostess Marx item. I found the set in a charity shop. The window is a custom made window I got from ebay. Tabi has already made herself at home.

Kitchen Diorama 52510123435_105b9684dd_c
Kitchen Diorama 52510123360_34e99a80ec_c
Kitchen Diorama 52509916204_218ebfea5e_c

2Kitchen Diorama Empty Re: Kitchen Diorama Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:43 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s really cool. Looks like an awesome set. And your pictures are cute. Love her sitting on the chair.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Kitchen Diorama C8485110

3Kitchen Diorama Empty Re: Kitchen Diorama Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:46 am

davidd

davidd
Playing video games and posing for selfies? I guess the kitchen is not her natural element! Razz

4Kitchen Diorama Empty Re: Kitchen Diorama Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:26 am

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Love this! You can’t beat the old Sindy kitchen units for their realism and functionality!

5Kitchen Diorama Empty Re: Kitchen Diorama Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:31 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Wow it looks very realistic. Especially the chair. Guess the doors are functional?

6Kitchen Diorama Empty Re: Kitchen Diorama Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:00 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
That is a very cool and useful diorama. For many everyday scenes. Lovely posed.

I never owned a gameboy, which could have been a blessing looking back.

7Kitchen Diorama Empty Re: Kitchen Diorama Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:02 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent addition to your dioramas. Nicely done and so realistic. I'm pretty sure this is an apartment kitchen on an upper story of the same building where the Ammo Arms is located. Smile
And those are not selfies, but photos snapped by her beau du jour (I'm not going to name him, lest I make a mistake and Dal has to deal with "this means war" among his employees). Smile

8Kitchen Diorama Empty Re: Kitchen Diorama Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:39 pm

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:
And those are not selfies, but photos snapped by her beau du jour....

I was attempting to be... diplomatic. Wink

9Kitchen Diorama Empty Re: Kitchen Diorama Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:17 pm

shazzdan

shazzdan
I like it but it looks like a kitchen that girls use for Instagram photos instead of one that actually gets used. The custom window is excellent.

Where did you find the sink?

10Kitchen Diorama Empty Re: Kitchen Diorama Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:56 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:I like it but it looks like a kitchen that girls use for Instagram photos instead of one that actually gets used. The custom window is excellent.

Nice observation. Maybe she and her beau du jour ate out last night. Smile
I would assume the sink was part of the kitchen set.

11Kitchen Diorama Empty Re: Kitchen Diorama Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:09 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Stryker2011 wrote:That’s really cool. Looks like an awesome set. And your pictures are cute. Love her sitting on the chair.

Thanks Mark! I was pleased with how it turned out so far Very Happy .

davidd wrote:Playing video games and posing for selfies? I guess the kitchen is not her natural element! Razz

No Dave, she is more at home on mission Wink .

Lynkhart wrote:Love this! You can’t beat the old Sindy kitchen units for their realism and functionality!

I agree! They are brilliant items and in perfect scale to the figures.

Ovy wrote:Wow it looks very realistic. Especially the chair. Guess the doors are functional?

Thanks Ovy! yes mate, the doors and drawers open too Very Happy .

Valiarde wrote:That is a very cool and useful diorama. For many everyday scenes. Lovely posed.

I never owned a gameboy, which could have been a blessing looking back.

Thanks so much! bounce

GubernatorFan wrote:Excellent addition to your dioramas. Nicely done and so realistic. I'm pretty sure this is an apartment kitchen on an upper story of the same building where the Ammo Arms is located. Smile
And those are not selfies, but photos snapped by her beau du jour (I'm not going to name him, lest I make a mistake and Dal has to deal with "this means war" among his employees). Smile

Very Happy Thanks Ian, I am hoping to make good use of it.

davidd wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:
And those are not selfies, but photos snapped by her beau du jour....

I was attempting to be... diplomatic. Wink

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

shazzdan wrote:I like it but it looks like a kitchen that girls use for Instagram photos instead of one that actually gets used. The custom window is excellent.

Thank you! Not quite sure what you mean about the insta girls? like looks to new and unused? if so, I'm hoping that as I add more pieces, it will lose it's unused feel Very Happy . The window is a custom made one from ebay. It's actually 1/12 scale large bay window, but it worked perfectly for my needs. The sink is a complete Sindy item. pretty sure you can find them in the U.S. however, they may be marketed under a different name?

Thanks again everyone for all the positive feedback bounce bounce bounce

12Kitchen Diorama Empty Re: Kitchen Diorama Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:35 am

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
I think the Sindy/Pedigree stuff was also sold under the Marx trademark in the US if that’s any help. You can find them pretty cheaply on U.K. eBay if you’re willing to buy things separately- you’ve done well with the set of drawers, that always goes for more I’ve noticed!

I ended up redoing it with LEDS because I didn’t trust the batteries, but the vintage Sindy fridge I got actually still had a functional light that went on when you opened the door! They’re such well designed sets, and they’re very easy to customise if you want a more modern look.

Kitchen Diorama 05e90210

13Kitchen Diorama Empty Re: Kitchen Diorama Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:40 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Lynkhart wrote:I think the Sindy/Pedigree stuff was also sold under the Marx trademark in the US if that’s any help. You can find them pretty cheaply on U.K. eBay if you’re willing to buy things separately- you’ve done well with the set of drawers, that always goes for more I’ve noticed!

I ended up redoing it with LEDS because I didn’t trust the batteries, but the vintage Sindy fridge I got actually still had a functional light that went on when you opened the door! They’re such well designed sets, and they’re very easy to customise if you want a more modern look.

Kitchen Diorama 05e90210

Wow! that looks amazing! The new colour scheme really works well. Yeah, those drawer units usually go for big money, I think I was just lucky Very Happy . I hope we get to see more of your kitchen soon!

14Kitchen Diorama Empty Re: Kitchen Diorama Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:34 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Dal, you can see more of Christine’s amazing kitchen diorama here:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2751-max-and-juno-s-new-kitchen-diorama?highlight=Max++Juno

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Kitchen Diorama C8485110

15Kitchen Diorama Empty Re: Kitchen Diorama Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:08 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Stryker2011 wrote:Dal, you can see more of Christine’s amazing kitchen diorama here:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2751-max-and-juno-s-new-kitchen-diorama?highlight=Max++Juno

Thanks for the link Mark! That's truly impressive!

16Kitchen Diorama Empty Re: Kitchen Diorama Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:36 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
The kitchen diorama looks very nice! Great work using the Sindy set.
Kitchen Diorama 1f44d

17Kitchen Diorama Empty Re: Kitchen Diorama Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:25 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
Randam Hajile wrote:The kitchen diorama looks very nice! Great work using the Sindy set.
Kitchen Diorama 1f44d  

Cheers Ralf! Very Happy

18Kitchen Diorama Empty Re: Kitchen Diorama Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:53 am

Diana

Diana
I will probably never ever put so much energy into creating a diorama like this, so I am all the more grateful for you guys and girls doing the work and sharing it! Beautiful!! Truly impressive.

Tabi is so cute. Smile

19Kitchen Diorama Empty Re: Kitchen Diorama Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:32 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Diana wrote:I will probably never ever put so much energy into creating a diorama like this, so I am all the more grateful for you guys and girls doing the work and sharing it! Beautiful!! Truly impressive.

Tabi is so cute. Smile

We are happy to share! pleased you enjoyed it Diana Very Happy

20Kitchen Diorama Empty Re: Kitchen Diorama Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:26 am

Illusion

Illusion
Really like your kitchen and the pics the beau du jour shot Laughing

The colours go well together and I just love that window and that the wall is not just one colour.
Really convincingly kitchen like … I guess you will keep adding accessories so that it will end up just like Lynkheart‘s which is amazing and fantastic and which I have repeatedly eyed enviously.

21Kitchen Diorama Empty Re: Kitchen Diorama Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:17 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Illusion wrote:Really like your kitchen and the pics the beau du jour shot Laughing

The colours go well together and I just love that window and that the wall is not just one colour.
Really convincingly kitchen like … I guess you will keep adding accessories so that it will end up just like Lynkheart‘s which is amazing and fantastic and which I have repeatedly eyed enviously.

Very Happy Thank you so much! Yeah, I am hoping to keep adding stuff. Lynkheart's is very much the benchmark bounce

22Kitchen Diorama Empty Re: Kitchen Diorama Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:46 am

Melancholia

Saw your posts on Flickr, really impressive diorama, if I saw the pics out of context I would think it is a 1:1 kitchen!  Wish I had an area of my house I could put a diorama in, but hubby would have an aneurysm lol! But it looks like so much fun, I could get obsessed creating one.

23Kitchen Diorama Empty Re: Kitchen Diorama Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:52 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Melancholia wrote:Saw your posts on Flickr, really impressive diorama, if I saw the pics out of context I would think it is a 1:1 kitchen!  Wish I had an area of my house I could put a diorama in, but hubby would have an aneurysm lol!

lol! lol! lol! Thank you so much! The kitchen is a designed to come apart so it can be fat packed away Wink

24Kitchen Diorama Empty Re: Kitchen Diorama Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:44 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Both yours and Lynk's kitchens are amazing, I originally thought it was camera tricks to make it seem like the kitchen was to scale.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Kitchen Diorama 1f60e

25Kitchen Diorama Empty Re: Kitchen Diorama Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:06 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Theboo-bomb wrote:Both yours and Lynk's kitchens are amazing, I originally thought it was camera tricks to make it seem like the kitchen was to scale.

Thanks so much! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum