OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eyes on the ground, standing by.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Eyes on the ground, standing by.  Empty Eyes on the ground, standing by. Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:10 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello!

Back to posting again, this time a figure that I finished not long ago. I have a few of these finished that I'll be posting soon-ish or as soon as I take photos of them. Not much too say here other than this is basically a figure that was born of the spare pats pile and that he's another addition to a growing number of mercenaries and police of my ongoing dystopic stuff.

SFPD - SAP

Back when the city of San Felipe was growing skywards and roads appeared and disappeared under the whims of developers the SFPD started to notice a growing problem. With roads disappearing under the sprawling development of large scale corporate buildings, massive housing complexes and sometimes pointless buildings whose main purpose was to showcase power and wealth the SFPD was left with a labyrintine city of dead ends, abandoned roads and almost innacessible areas unless you managed to land a crew on a nearby building to patrol and respond to police calls to that end the SFPD did what the government had always done up to that point, seek a private contractor who was willing to provide a police response to those areas in exchange for federal credits and further expansion opportunities. And so the Special Air Patrol was born, owned by Leviathan Private Security and Specialized Response Teams, most commonly known simply as L&S the S.A.P provides patrolling, quick response and extraction too the SFPD, it also responds to police calls and works with the SFPD Intelligence department as an independent reviewer of data and crime scenes. Perhaps the most interesting thing about the SAP is that the average San Felipe citizen has a positive view of the SAP and it's members, this is in all likelyhood due to the fact the SAP does not intervene with citizens, the sap's only job is to patrol and report to the SFPD.
Eyes on the ground, standing by.  X6AN1Gt
Eyes on the ground, standing by.  YyaXbL6
Eyes on the ground, standing by.  DW174SF
Eyes on the ground, standing by.  Vvit0zx
Eyes on the ground, standing by.  IF7KIzq
Eyes on the ground, standing by.  Fwk5Y4q
Eyes on the ground, standing by.  P4ygN81
Eyes on the ground, standing by.  Vkjfe2n
Eyes on the ground, standing by.  Nkl4ym4

And that would be all for today, now I return to plot, I mean to como up with more things and perhaps take more photos, so for now stay safe out there and keep having fun.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Eyes on the ground, standing by.  1f60e

2Eyes on the ground, standing by.  Empty Re: Eyes on the ground, standing by. Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:41 pm

davidd

davidd
Interesting and plausible "near future" backstory.

Fantastic setting, and a realistic figure!

3Eyes on the ground, standing by.  Empty Re: Eyes on the ground, standing by. Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:54 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Story and fantastic character. The shots in the red light are very atmospheric. Thanks for showing.

4Eyes on the ground, standing by.  Empty Re: Eyes on the ground, standing by. Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:00 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Another interesting backstory for a pretty cool looking figure. So imaginative.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Eyes on the ground, standing by.  C8485110

5Eyes on the ground, standing by.  Empty Re: Eyes on the ground, standing by. Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:30 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice to see another entry in your series. What a seemingly sinister look for a positive character. Smile Works beautifully on its own and with this very nice diorama. I wonder if he is going to investigate the apparent disappearance of "El Tunel." Smile

6Eyes on the ground, standing by.  Empty Re: Eyes on the ground, standing by. Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:51 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Really likeing this guy, absolute anonymity behind that helmet, and I also think he has some kind if disturbing voice scrambler. Love how your worldbuilding again has these detailed confusing chaotic concepts of authority handed over to companies.

And while it is said these guys might not be that bad and leave the citizens alone, I had to think of them randomly harassing people.
Also had to think of the Shoretroopers in Andor in that one surreal sequence:
Andor Episode 7 spoilers:

Oh and I wonder if San  Felipe has grown into the pacific?
Btw, here a very video about dystopic/futuristic/brutalist architecture.

7Eyes on the ground, standing by.  Empty Re: Eyes on the ground, standing by. Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:15 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
davidd wrote:Interesting and plausible "near future" backstory.

Fantastic setting, and a realistic figure!
Thanks Davidd! all is possible, though hopefully not.
Ephiane wrote:Great Story and fantastic character. The shots in the red light are very atmospheric. Thanks for showing.
Thanks Ephiane! The red lightining was a last minute decision after not finding the fully lit ones that interesting.

Stryker2011 wrote:Another interesting backstory for a pretty cool looking figure. So imaginative.
Thanks Stryker!
GubernatorFan wrote:Nice to see another entry in your series. What a seemingly sinister look for a positive character. Smile Works beautifully on its own and with this very nice diorama. I wonder if he is going to investigate the apparent disappearance of "El Tunel." Smile
Thanks Gubernator!, I wasn't thinking how the atmosphere was going to change with the lighning or how the figure does look rather sinister but I guess its part of the world, my first police man also looked rather sinister.

Ovy wrote:Really likeing this guy, absolute anonymity behind that helmet, and I also think he has some kind if disturbing voice scrambler. Love how your worldbuilding again has these detailed confusing chaotic concepts of authority handed over to companies.

And while it is said these guys might not be that bad and leave the citizens alone, I had to think of them randomly harassing people.
Also had to think of the Shoretroopers in Andor in that one surreal sequence:
Andor Episode 7 spoilers:

Oh and I wonder if San  Felipe has grown into the pacific?
Btw, here a very video about dystopic/futuristic/brutalist architecture.

Thanks Ovy! I think that complete silence is perhaps more disturbing than noise, having someone like that guy knock on your door without producing a sound is probably unerving, seeing them gesturing and standing around seemingly in silence also, it would be a very interesting contrast between the standard SFPD radio chattter and the SAP's complete silence.

I have though about San Felipe a lot, I've drawn some inspiration from many places locally and then turned them to 11. Places such as El Cotto and Barrio Obrero and the overal decay of my own home town from prosperous business filled streets to close to empty run down buildings. I would say San Felipe is a mixture of building styles much like my real home is, I can walk downtown and see buildings from the time the town was founded and then see buildings from the 50's and 2000's just steps away. And that video is great, I'm a sucker for architecture videos.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Eyes on the ground, standing by.  1f60e

8Eyes on the ground, standing by.  Empty Re: Eyes on the ground, standing by. Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:07 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Another great creation. Fantastic shots too!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum