OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Making Chasitity

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Making Chasitity - Page 2 Empty Re: Making Chasitity Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:52 am

BAMComix

Willmatron wrote:I don't have a hair dryer, but the ball joint to the neck was just too small for me to squeeze. I don't have much experience with these figures yet, so I don't know whether I had the wrong head size or I simply wasn't squeezing it just right.

Are there official heads for Phicen or TBLeague I can buy instead from other companies.

You could try dropping the neck connector in a mug of boiling water, leave for about 30 sections, fish out with a spoon, then push it on the ball connector. I've had this problem a few times.
The other problem I often get is when the inner connector is fitted and the head pushed on, The head still sits to high. For this, I cut a few mm off the top of the inner plastic cap to seat the head better.
Being new to the hobby, it's a lot of trial and error, but thankfully, there is usually someone who has the answer! Let's us know how you get on bounce .

27Making Chasitity - Page 2 Empty Re: Making Chasitity Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:16 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I was assuming the inside neck connector was stuck inside the head.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

28Making Chasitity - Page 2 Empty Re: Making Chasitity Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:11 am

BAMComix

GubernatorFan wrote:I was assuming the inside neck connector was stuck inside the head.

You could well be right Ian, I never thought of that? Shocked

The only time I've encountered a head that wouldn't fit, and it didn't have a removable inner connector was Zona. One of my Gemini twins. To combat this, I drilled into the head to the size of the phicen neck connector. It is a slow process, as you don't want to go to deep, but it can be done.

29Making Chasitity - Page 2 Empty Re: Making Chasitity Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:39 am

Willmatron

I'm planning on an update on this soon. My main issue is to still find the right head.

Here's a comic I actually bought:

Making Chasitity - Page 2 S-l50010

She didn't have that costume in the comic, but wore a leather bikini and a trenchcoat. I have a trenchcoat, but will use the clothing I found.

30Making Chasitity - Page 2 Empty Re: Making Chasitity Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:40 am

csyeung

csyeung
Ymtoys does some nice short haired heads, although they are on the smaller side. here's ym 84b

Making Chasitity - Page 2 0f5c8bef-1110-4f6a-bf9e-03876626e85f

31Making Chasitity - Page 2 Empty Re: Making Chasitity Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:49 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Willmatron wrote:Thanks for your input. I've decided to go ahead with buying the body for Chasitity. I'll have the body I want to figure out what the body I want is.

You might want to read this thread:

TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies with Steel Skeleton Catalog (updated continually)
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3013-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-with-steel-skeleton-catalog-updated-continually

When it comes to bodies and finding the right one, it can be difficult. What you see on screen compared to what to get in hand does not always work out.
I know from experience, as 3 times i have ordered a body only to return it - i returned 2, sold 1 (at cost)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

32Making Chasitity - Page 2 Empty Re: Making Chasitity Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:31 pm

Willmatron

I think I found the right head, hopefully it'll work out.

33Making Chasitity - Page 2 Empty Re: Making Chasitity Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:13 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Trying to create a specific character can be maddening, even with all of the clothing, accessories, head sculpts, and bodies available.   I wish there was a little more standardization in the hobby, but with so many companies producing 1/6 items, it’s a miracle that anything matches.

My advice based on my own experience, is to try to capture the essence of the character rather than trying to stay true to her comic book look.  If you can look at the figure and know in your own mind that it’s Chasity, you’re good.

I think the head that csyeung suggestion would make a great Chasity! I love the red eyes!

34Making Chasitity - Page 2 Empty Re: Making Chasitity Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:52 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Xavion2004 wrote:I think the head that csyeung suggestion would make a great Chasity!  I love the red eyes!

I agree.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Making Chasitity - Page 2 C8485110

35Making Chasitity - Page 2 Empty Re: Making Chasitity Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:12 am

Willmatron

Sorry. I haven't updated this post in a while. I've been reevaluating the head and body sculpt to make Chasitity since the last few attempts to find the right head and body have failed in my opinion.

36Making Chasitity - Page 2 Empty Re: Making Chasitity Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:23 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Willmatron wrote:Sorry. I haven't updated this post in a while. I've been reevaluating the head and body sculpt to make Chasitity since the last few attempts to find the right head and body have failed in my opinion.

What type of body do you want her to have? if you don't mind me asking?

37Making Chasitity - Page 2 Empty Re: Making Chasitity Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:10 pm

Willmatron

I'm still figuring out exactly what I want to do.

38Making Chasitity - Page 2 Empty Re: Making Chasitity Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:21 pm

Willmatron

I'm waiting to here some news concerning different things before getting back to this.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum