OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OneSixthFigures' FIFTH ANNIVERSARY is upon us

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

skywalkersaga

GF -- the middle one is the Dean Cain Clark from the 90s 'Lois and Clark', right?

(Funny anecdote....one of my teachers in middle school was his aunt!)

shovelchop81

OK, bought figure in the last 5 years is easy: Hot Toys Battle Damaged Iron Man MK85 as it's a great figure (not perfect, I don't like the hair colour and it needs more BD on the back, that post hole on the base sucks too) which visually and emotionally in the correct pose depicts the really sad sacrifice Tony Stark makes for the universe by dying as he clicks his fingers to restore all the lives Thanos had turned to ash. It also represents the pinnacle of the  movie MCU as everything afterwards without Iron Man just feels shallower.

OneSixthFigures' FIFTH ANNIVERSARY is upon us - Page 2 TuN0XmI

OneSixthFigures' FIFTH ANNIVERSARY is upon us - Page 2 Xl83plo

Favourite custom figure? Okay I'm going to cheat here and say all my LOTR/The Hobbit stuff.

OneSixthFigures' FIFTH ANNIVERSARY is upon us - Page 2 MEaeD36

and Ovy's amazing plate armour! Well his armour and weapons in general to be honest!

OneSixthFigures' FIFTH ANNIVERSARY is upon us - Page 2 Wacht10_edited

OneSixthFigures' FIFTH ANNIVERSARY is upon us - Page 2 Dolch02-edited

As for a new technique? I have to be cheeky again and use something I came up with (I'm sure others have done this too but I've just never seen it is all) and that's using spray on rubber paint! Great for flexible materials that can't be painted or coloured any other way. I used it for the first time on my Cthulhu figure which is made mostly of rubber coated parts with wire etc..

OneSixthFigures' FIFTH ANNIVERSARY is upon us - Page 2 Sn6N6UK

OneSixthFigures' FIFTH ANNIVERSARY is upon us - Page 2 JAI4PZq

I hope this doesn't come across as too egotistical but I do live in my own little weird world!! pirat

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:GF -- the middle one is the Dean Cain Clark from the 90s 'Lois and Clark', right?

(Funny anecdote....one of my teachers in middle school was his aunt!)

Yes, exactly. And that's very neat. Was she a super-teacher? Smile

Shovelchop, picking up examples from your own experience was very much intended, so no need to apologize.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

shovelchop81

GubernatorFan wrote:

Shovelchop, picking up examples from your own experience was very much intended, so no need to apologize.

Oh good! I didn't want to come across as a dick! Wink

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:Oh good! I didn't want to come across as a dick! Wink
Never!

Valiarde

Valiarde
Favourite purchased figure over the past 5 years:#

Hm that is a hard choice. Bloodhunter is still going strong with me, even though he could use a bit better body.

OneSixthFigures' FIFTH ANNIVERSARY is upon us - Page 2 R448ZU4h

Favourite Kitbash:
That has to go to my Francisco Pizarro
OneSixthFigures' FIFTH ANNIVERSARY is upon us - Page 2 ASoAXKOh

Favourite technique I learned from the forum?
Many things to choose from, but probably have to give the nod to painting seamless bodies with soft pastels or taking inspiration from looking at comic stories or other kitbashes and what kind of materials you used for them.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Favourite Kitbash: That has to go to my Francisco Pizarro wrote:

Really nice work!!

BAMComix

BAMComix
Well done guys on the fifth! Some amazing work on show here!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow! So many cool items posted. Glad to see so many playing along.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

OneSixthFigures' FIFTH ANNIVERSARY is upon us - Page 2 C8485110

Illusion

Illusion
well, Happy Birthday OSF!
Thanks for all your pics and stories!

my Favourite Figure:
I cannot single out a favourite figure. Neo and John Wick may jump to my mind - also Endrik, a custom figure I bought… - but I have sooo many and I like them all. Although there is one that always makes me cheer when looking at him and and as I got him in March 2018, it is kind of his 5th birthday too. So you may apologise that he is not 1/6 but 1/1: Hot Toys Baby Groot.

one of my favourite pics of him:

OneSixthFigures' FIFTH ANNIVERSARY is upon us - Page 2 27012575707_e442431e6d_z

and one more, because it is THIS time of the year too Wink

OneSixthFigures' FIFTH ANNIVERSARY is upon us - Page 2 40982551312_25b62fb864_z

my favourite bash:
I have not done that many bashes so far, but I finally started with doing stuff myself in 2018, so it is again appropriate to pick my first bash for this question: Lilion, the last guardian. (I started her end of 2018 but finished her only in 2019) Though my other bashes might be a bit more impressive / beautiful in my eyes, she is the one who got me going, and all of my other ladies are rooted in her universe and around her story.

OneSixthFigures' FIFTH ANNIVERSARY is upon us - Page 2 49013971487_6c22a0240c_c

Favourite technique learned:
Body colouring. Though I did not pick it up myself on this forum, but I learned it from a member - Ovy - who got the idea on this forum (I think?).
I really very much enjoyed colouring the body of my Ice Faye (and that of my latest, unfinished figure) and look forward to doing it again.

OneSixthFigures' FIFTH ANNIVERSARY is upon us - Page 2 50908630596_7dea72fe48_b

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wonderful choices, Illusion. Your Ice Faye is one of my favourites of all your amazing figures, she's just so gorgeous! OneSixthFigures' FIFTH ANNIVERSARY is upon us - Page 2 1f60d

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
skywalkersaga wrote:Wonderful choices, Illusion. Your Ice Faye is one of my favourites of all your amazing figures, she's just so gorgeous!  OneSixthFigures' FIFTH ANNIVERSARY is upon us - Page 2 1f60d

I totally agree! The first Elf like figure would make a great Galadriel too!

Valiarde

Valiarde
Somehow I missed some posts here in between. Great stuff all along. I love the Padme and Anakin, just perfect. But every post so far has very cool kitbashes, simply amazing what this hobby has to offer in terms of variety and creativity.

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
Happy Late Fifth!  

No kitbashes as yet & can’t choose a favourite figure, but Nephthys was closest at hand for a quick cake shot (not enough room for 5 candles…).

Inspired by all the creativity here  Very Happy

OneSixthFigures' FIFTH ANNIVERSARY is upon us - Page 2 B29b7710

Illusion

Illusion
skywalkersaga wrote:Wonderful choices, Illusion. Your Ice Faye is one of my favourites of all your amazing figures, she's just so gorgeous!  OneSixthFigures' FIFTH ANNIVERSARY is upon us - Page 2 1f60d

Thanks so much! Happy you remember her !

shovelchop81 wrote:

I totally agree! The first Elf like figure would make a great Galadriel too!

Thank you!!!
nice reference for her Smile

blackpool

blackpool
Amazing figures and builds all the way!

1 over five years is a tough choice, the gunslinger comes to my mind for the wow effect at the unboxing, but to me it will be hot toys Neo from the Matrix, and their Jack Sparrow from dead men tell no tales (this one might be a bit older, but I grabbed it only a couple years ago)

OneSixthFigures' FIFTH ANNIVERSARY is upon us - Page 2 Pirate15

OneSixthFigures' FIFTH ANNIVERSARY is upon us - Page 2 Matrix11

blackpool

blackpool
About custom figures, tho I don't have the talent of our crazy skilled artists like Shovelshop, Ephiane, Ovy, AFM, I have a couple I'm very proud of, the main one being my indiana jones, which took nearly a decade to look the way I wanted... My "Blacksad" designed by Toyman Zhao comes second

OneSixthFigures' FIFTH ANNIVERSARY is upon us - Page 2 Indian13

OneSixthFigures' FIFTH ANNIVERSARY is upon us - Page 2 Blacks11

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Always nice to see your figures so beautifully photographed, Alex.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Superb choices, Alex, love them all Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, excellent picks, blackpool! OneSixthFigures' FIFTH ANNIVERSARY is upon us - Page 2 1f44d

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

BAMComix

BAMComix
I had to think about this for a while, before I could choose what I could post Very Happy . I haven't been here as long as a lot of you guys, but I do enjoy popping and seeing what you guys have been up to bounce I think my favourite scaled figures I made or purchased since being here would have to be the Faithless Angels. A band inspired by reverendspooky Very Happy .

OneSixthFigures' FIFTH ANNIVERSARY is upon us - Page 2 52136896147_35a60fe4f8_c

Custom and skill have to be rolled into one for me, as they are my twi'leks Very Happy

OneSixthFigures' FIFTH ANNIVERSARY is upon us - Page 2 51127278479_3f898d7723_c
OneSixthFigures' FIFTH ANNIVERSARY is upon us - Page 2 52676695531_f76ba5b4f9_c

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Some great choices, fellas.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

OneSixthFigures' FIFTH ANNIVERSARY is upon us - Page 2 1f10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum