OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please help me find... (continuously updated)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 40]

ThePhotogsBlog

Stryker2011 wrote:I've been searching and searching and I can't seem to find a ladies' pre-1900 pith helmet. Any ideas:

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 13 137c8610
Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 13 2444c810
Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 13 Ad7dc510
Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 13 D4144b10
Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 13 Female10

All of the images you'v posted are actually of 20th C types. Prior to the introduction of Wolseley pattern helmets, most pith helmets worn by men or women, military or civilian of most countries, were not the wide brimmed types we are most familiar.

Tony at Antheads.com casts some Victorian era types in resin;  The most commonly worn type at the time were the British Foreign Service Helmet, but probably the one you would like the most would be the Wolseley pattern, though this only appeared in 1898. http://www.antheads.co.uk/catguide/helmets

BTW, your last image is that of the Indian made "Sola Topi" which only appeared in the 1920's and was worn by British troops in hot dusty places until the last British soldier left India in 1947. As an interesting historical note, when a British battalion or regiment left India, they would keep their topis until the ship passed Cyprus, which was the point of no return. The battalion or regiment was then assembled on deck, and on command, as one, flung their topis into the sea.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Thanks for the link, TPB. Very cool.

ThePhotogsBlog

Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks for the link, TPB. Very cool.

I discovered him several months ago and placed an order for WWII Canadian cap badges, officers pips etc for when I get around to building my WWII collection. He's very friendly and communication is excellent, just in case you're still looking for pith helmets, or as the British call them, sun helmets. The Royal Canadian Regiment and the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry still wear a spiked Wolseley pattern when in full ceremonial dress.

skywalkersaga

Has anyone seen those HT Babydoll/Sucker Punch knockoff headsculpts anywhere recently? I managed to pick one up a while back for a planned custom figure, and thought I'd go look for another as a spare/back up just in case. But now I cannot find them anywhere [on ebay at least]. I know they sometimes are listed under more generic title, but I still can't seem to find any no matter what word search combinations I use. 

ETA: It's not a dire necessity, but just curious if they are still around...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
If I can’t find things using specific words, I just go generic “1/6 scale female head sculpt”.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 13 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I feel like I'm the only person using this thread , lol, but there's something else I am looking for that I can't find the link for anymore. It's the Red Dead Redemption II  Arthur Morgan figure that was posted in the product announcements a while back -- the one with the interchangeable hair/beards. My husband just played this game and while I'm not a gamer myself, I got weirdly attached to this character vicariously via his gameplay. :3  I want to track down that figure but it's not showing up in the search -- I must not be searching for the right words?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:I feel like I'm the only person using this thread , lol, but there's something else I am looking for that I can't find the link for anymore. It's the Red Dead Redemption II  Arthur Morgan figure that was posted in the product announcements a while back -- the one with the interchangeable hair/beards. My husband just played this game and while I'm not a gamer myself, I got weirdly attached to this character vicariously via his gameplay. :3  I want to track down that figure but it's not showing up in the search -- I must not be searching for the right words?

This:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1714-new-product-limtoys-1-6-scale-gunslinger-outlaws-of-the-west?highlight=Gunslinger

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:I feel like I'm the only person using this thread , lol, but there's something else I am looking for that I can't find the link for anymore. It's the Red Dead Redemption II  Arthur Morgan figure that was posted in the product announcements a while back -- the one with the interchangeable hair/beards. My husband just played this game and while I'm not a gamer myself, I got weirdly attached to this character vicariously via his gameplay. :3  I want to track down that figure but it's not showing up in the search -- I must not be searching for the right words?

This:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1714-new-product-limtoys-1-6-scale-gunslinger-outlaws-of-the-west?highlight=Gunslinger

Thank you so much!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Okay, not so much a Help Me Find, as a "Any Tips How to Make". Anyone have any ideas as to how I can go about making a hard sword scabbard? I actually made one years ago for my first custom figure (Red Sonja), but I honestly cannot remember how I did it. (Getting old sucks! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise). It needs to be a hard shell, not cloth or leather-bound. Thanks.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wondering if you could use green stuff or other sculpting material somehow...  maybe do it in two halves, shaped to fit the sword, and then let it harden, and then glue the pieces together? Or something similar using soft wood, like popsicle sticks that shazzdan uses for a lot of his projects?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Wondering if you could use green stuff or other sculpting material somehow...  maybe do it in two halves, shaped to fit the sword, and then let it harden, and then glue the pieces together? Or something similar using soft wood, like popsicle sticks that shazzdan uses for a lot of his projects?

I tried wood already, as I know that’s what my earlier one was, but it turned out bad. I might have to try it again with a different approach and see what happens.

dadrab

dadrab
Here's what I'd probably do, Stryker.

Trace the blade onto a piece of flat plastic sheet stock (polystyrene). Allow about two millimeter all the way around your trace marks and cut it out. This is a very easy operation with styrene as one only needs to score it and it breaks precisely on the score line.

Now, take the piece you cut out and make three more just like it.

Using the weapon again, trace right next to the blade. Cut that outline out, leaving only the edges. Do it again so that you have two outline pieces.

Sandwich the outline cutouts between the two side pieces and glue it all together. You can then even out the outside edges with sandpaper so that your layers are uniform.

Before you glue, make sure the weapon fits inside with minimal effort. If something is too tight, trim the inside pieces until you get a good fit.

If the blade of the weapon is thick, you can cut more inside slices to make the sheath wider.

Paint as you wish.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That sounds like an interesting technique, dadrab. Thanks.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I would have gone with leather, but since you said you don't want to go that way, I held my tongue. Dadrab's solution seems good to me. Another idea might be to wrap the sword in saran or cellophane, then sculpt the sheath from the blue and yellow stuff around it, making sure it remains retrievable. In fact, while it is curing you could probably wound/adhere bits of thread, cord, leather, metal, plastic, whatever to achieve more detail. But this is all speculation on my part.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That was sort of what I was thinking too , GF, but since I still don’t have much experience with that material I couldn’t recall if the plastic wrap would work with it or not. I think that sounds like the easiest way to shape it to fit the sword.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Can anyone point me in the direction of a pair long gold boots and hands for a Dark Phoenix build?

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 13 2v2HHrhR3xAChVkHosted on Fotki
I was planning to use a TBLeague S33B body but the hips would have been too narrow.

The Barbie body is closer to that of the Snow Soldier body size. So maybe S23B? (suntan with medium bust size)

blackpool

blackpool
You can try to find the "fitness body phoenix" figure from COREPLAY, it was the same phoenix costume including golden hands and thigh high boots...

I know it's quite rare by now, may be on ebay...?

318Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 13 Empty Looking for a female body... Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:25 pm

PitViper

PitViper
Over the past several weeks I've gathered most of the pieces needed for my Alin Sumarwate/Lance Corporal Gracie Novin (from the TV series Strike Back):
Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 13 Alin_s12

As you can see, the bash will work best with a small-chest body.  Whether the articulation shows is not an issue, as the figure will be dressed long sleeves and tactical pants.

Can you all suggest a body that would fit the bill?  Thanks for your help!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father

PitViper

PitViper

Thanks Mark!!. I'm pretty sure the small-breasted one in suntan skin tone will work.

Cotswold's & Timewalker Toys have tem for preorder, supposedly arriving in the last quarter of 2019. Still unavailable though.

Some sellers in China have them in stock, but I'm getting the "Does Not Ship to US Protectorates" nonsense on them.

Will keep looking...

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
blackpool wrote:You can try to find the "fitness body phoenix" figure from COREPLAY, it was the same phoenix costume including golden hands and thigh high boots...

I know it's quite rare by now, may be on ebay...?

Thanks, I did search eBay for a long time for a Core Play Fitness Body Dark Phoenix figure and finally gave up on
it and ordered the Barbie Dark Phoenix instead, I still kick myself for not ordering one from Monkey Depot a few
years ago when I still had the chance but on the plus side I did find a pair of thigh high golden boots on eBay a
few days ago that worked.

Allotropos

Allotropos
what about a non-seamless body from Very Cool ?
Articulation is good and they're not as tall (unless she is vert tall - sorry stopped watching Strike Back once Scott and Stonebridge were no longer the main cast)

Diana

Diana
My first thought was of the TBL S17B, if you don't mind getting the tight clothes over the silicone. I'll always go for TBL for the movability, the stability in the pose and the seamless joints, since non-seamless joints would show through that shirt.
But those PopToys bodies look great, too! That picture with the neck bent forward looks terrible, but the wrists are so movable!! A feature sorely missed in the TBL bodies...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The only true 'small bust' body at the moment,  imo, is the small bust PopToys body. If you are in a hurry for it, I think you can still find some of the older versions of it available from certain sellers. It would be listed as just the regular one, without the 'modified' qualifier. 

If it's the regular visible jointed PopToys body, then it's a very sturdy and good quality in my experience. Even the previous model, the non-upgraded version, should pose just fine. The only issue you might run into is skintone matching and possibly a gap in the neck area, depending on what kind of head you use. But since the character has a scarf, both those things aren't too insurmountable.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Those are the ones I suggested (Pop Toys & Xing) -- some are seamless, some are not.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
I thought that was Ruby Rose without make-up before reading the post.
Not familiar with Strike Back, will check out Netflix.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Sorry, Stryker, I didn't mean to sound like I was disagreeing, I was rather trying to second the recommendation you'd already made. : )

Valiarde

Valiarde
Hijacking this thread: Any recommendations for a smaller woman, like 1,60m? I guess S25 or S27 are good sizes, but might bring problems with proportions of HS (at least the S27).
Since my character will be nearly fully clothed and hooded, I also don't need to spend 50+ for a full seamless body if not necessary.

PitViper

PitViper
POP Toys/Xing model 92003A (small bust, suntan skin tone) is showing up as Pre-Order on every single eBay seller & all my go-to e-retailers. If someone has any intel on availability of these bodies I'll appreciate it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum