OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please help me find... (continuously updated)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 40]

Peaches

Shoot @GuernatorFan , I was leaning toward the M31 over the M32 because of the chunkier legs and smother muscles looking more natural / more like Adam Baldwin when he played Jayne. I was thinking of using the M36, but it's way too tall considering he's only an inch taller than Nathan Fillion, and I'm building the crew off my Mal figure.

What do you think of the M32 vs M31?

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Honestly, Peaches, I’d probably still go with the 31 if that’s the one you want to use. I get where the Guv is coming from, but unfortunately, aside from the legs being a bit disproportionate to the upper body, it’s the most realistically (non steroid abuse) built body of all of them. I kind of hope TBL comes back around to a physique like this (but with improvements).

Peaches

Yah, as long as it doesn't tend to break, I can hide ugly folds in elbows I think?

Stryker2011

Founding Father
The thing I’ve learned with these seamless bodies — don’t keep them in tight bends for any great length of time — any of them.

Peaches

Peaches
Yes, mine are strait in a case wrapped up in soft furry material except during pictures Smile

ravrohan

Decided to pull the trigger on M33. I just like its proportions better, and he'll be wearing boots all the time, so how the ankle connectors look don't matter to me.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Honestly, Peaches, I’d probably still go with the 31 if that’s the one you want to use. I get where the Guv is coming from, but unfortunately, aside from the legs being a bit disproportionate to the upper body, it’s the most realistically (non steroid abuse) built body of all of them. I kind of hope TBL comes back around to a physique like this (but with improvements).

It's not so much the legs, as the front of the torso (can't quite put my finger on it, but I think something's wrong with those pecs and are the nipples placed too high?), the hideous fold of the arms (which makes them look like a bent tube -- I just realized the relevant photo wasn't in the review I linked), and the faulty wrist peg attachment that make this body a lost cause for me. For a thin body M32 is better, for a medium body, M33. I do hope they create more body types, as long as they do them better. Of course, you're welcome to go with M31 if that's what you like.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Peaches - for Jayne, you could try a ‘World Box’ type body, maybe? If you are struggling to find the right fit for him with a tbleague, maybe it would widen your options?

I know not everyone likes visible joints or seams, but some of those types of bodies still have enough realism to look ok with arms exposed, etc.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Peaches - for Jayne, you could try a ‘World Box’ type body, maybe? If you are struggling to find the right fit for him with a tbleague, maybe it would widen your options?

I know not everyone likes visible joints or seams, but some of those types of bodies still have enough realism to look ok with arms exposed, etc.

I concur. If visible joints aren't too much of an issue -- I honestly think (aside from those bodies where you can also get swap out seamless arms), the WorldBox bodies are ten times better looking (and made) than 90% of the jointed bodies on the market. They are sturdy, can stand on their own, and don't have the floppy joint issues that most of these garbage cheap bodies have -- and they're just slightly less expensive than a TBL. I've used them on a couple different projects where the arms at least were exposed, but I'm also using one on a figure of Charlton Heston from Planet of the Apes -- where a lot of skin was exposed -- mainly because all these weird, hairless male bodies don't look all that natural all the time (MEN ARE HAIRY, DAMMIT!!) And Adam Baldwin is not hairless.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 8 C8485110

Peaches

Peaches
Yes, I have been looking at the WorldBox bodies, but I can't find the height! He has to be a full 12" with head. Do you know if / which model would be that tall? Thanks so much again Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
To change the height, you can use ankle extenders.

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=99_104&product_id=1096

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:To change the height, you can use ankle extenders.

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=99_104&product_id=1096

Yes, these can be very helpful!

And in case I accidentally scared anyone off using ankle extenders due to my unfortunate 'incident', lol, bear in mind that the type that caused me problems are the ones that are built into the COOModel extra tall body. Whereas, the ankle extenders that Stryker posted above are absolutely fine -- I've used them before and had no issues with those.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Peaches wrote:Yes, I have been looking at the WorldBox bodies, but I can't find the height!  He has to be a full 12" with head.  Do you know if / which model would be that tall?  Thanks so much again Smile

I got to some of my WB bodies, and pulled out the Tet Offensive head sculpt. Here is the result. I found the body in the pictured box, but I cannot guarantee it is from it, so look carefully at the photos of whatever product you are buying if you are trying to match it. The other bits and pieces appear to have come with it, but again, no promises. With the head on it, and no shoes, the body is just a tiny fraction above 12" in height. You can also see how it compares to the Leia kitbash which utilizes an S25B; the male body is a full head taller.

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 8 Wbadam12

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 8 Wbadam10

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 8 Wbadam11

Hope this helps.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It’s really awesome of you to take all these reference pics for us, GF! I think that World Box body looks really good! (Also: love the Leia!)

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:It’s really awesome of you to take all these reference pics for us, GF! I think that World Box body looks really good! (Also: love the Leia!)

I like to help out when I can, which isn't too often (there are plenty here that know so much more than I). World Box is one of my favorite companies. And if you love the Leia (thanks, even if she was just a last-minute somewhat incomplete kitbash to inspire Stryker2011, which it appears to have done since he changed his avatar), you can find a little more of her in the follow-up posts in the HT Emperor Palpatine Review thread.

Peaches

Peaches
Oh, thank u so much for all your help and those pictures @GubernatorFan ! The height sounds as perfect as it gets and looks marvelous! I shall get that body as soon as my spending money recovers, LOL!

I found a Summer Glau head, might mod it a bit to make her less gaunt, and I decided on this head for Kaylee more based on the sunny disposition than the accuracy of the sculpt. I think I can shape the lips a bit to help too.

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 8 S-l40011

So then I got these two heads in hopes of converting one to Washbourne

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 8 S-l40012

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 8 S-l40013

The idea here is to get shallow eyes, and outward leaning brows, it's been IMPOSSIBLE, Ugh! So if anyone knows of a head sculpt who's eyes and if any possibility, nose looks like Aian Tudyk, that'd be awesome ! Meantime I'll be carving up these faces in hopes that it'll be possible to make one look like him :/

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 8 1200px10

I've been thinking of turning an Angelina Jolie into Zoe...

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 8 S-l40014

That just leaves Simon and Inara, whew!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, good luck on all those! Very ambitious to do the whole crew at once, but I am sure you can pull it off, and I completely understand the need to do that -- it's how I ended up stuck on so many ongoing SW projects at once. Can't just have one character, they all gotta have company! Very Happy

I like the choice of a cheerful face for Kaylee, that totally makes sense. And regarding Wash, hmm.... I wonder if there are any knock-off Michael Fassbender heads that could work? Not an exact match, but maybe? ;p

Painting an Angelina head is a promising option-- I have a (slightly different)  Angelina sculpt that has been painted a different colour (for a SW alien) and it *totally* transformed the head, so it's almost unrecognizable. So if done right, it will look really good and not immediately like the actress unless one knows what they are looking at.

Again, good luck! I'm super excited to see how it all turns out. ^.^

Peaches

Peaches
Another good one, I'll have to keep an eye out for one!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s actually a brilliant choice for Kaylee. And modifying a Jolie sculpt for Zoe is another promising option. Have you seen these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mia-Custom-1-6-Scale-Female-Head-Sculpt-Hot-Toys-Phicen-Triad-African-American/222878844219?hash=item33e49d453b:g:Z4QAAOSwheZaph6z

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jonae-Custom-1-6-Scale-Female-Head-Sculpt-Hot-Toys-Phicen-Triad-African-American/222878842208?hash=item33e49d3d60:g:HfAAAOSwEmFaph3h

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You are welcome, Peaches. I can now confirm that this is indeed the AT012 body, also marketed as a "Logan" body (for Wolverine).
Looks like quite a project, and I hope you pull it off nicely. HT did an Alan Tudyk, but unfortunately in robot form. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:It’s really awesome of you to take all these reference pics for us, GF! I think that World Box body looks really good! (Also: love the Leia!)

I like to help out when I can, which isn't too often (there are plenty here that know so much more than I). World Box is one of my favorite companies. And if you love the Leia (thanks, even if she was just a last-minute somewhat incomplete kitbash to inspire Stryker2011, which it appears to have done since he changed his avatar), you can find a little more of her in the follow-up posts in the HT Emperor Palpatine Review thread.

LOL, those are some great pics! Very Happy

And it's just nice to see a *short* seamless Slave Leia....

Peaches

Peaches
Indeed, thanks again!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:HT did an Alan Tudyk, but unfortunately in robot form. Smile

BA-DUM-TISH

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
A while ago I had found some DiD backdrops that were perfect for what I needed, but when I checked Monkey Depot again just now, one of them was sadly out of stock. It's the only place I've ever seen one of these, but just in case, I thought I'd see if anyone knows of another source for this particular backdrop:

https://www.monkeydepot.com/Display_DiD_The_Windows_p/dl2671.htm

Or, alternatively, something similar?

I'm basically looking for a modern but run-down type wooden cabin or shack interior with windows, or a similar kind of wooden porch. There is that recent Haberdashery diorama of the door of course, but it's a) a bit too old-fashioned looking for what I need, and b) too expensive -- all I'm looking for right now is just a printed backdrop like the one in the link above.

shazzdan

shazzdan
skywalkersaga wrote:A while ago I had found some DiD backdrops that were perfect for what I needed, but when I checked Monkey Depot again just now, one of them was sadly out of stock. It's the only place I've ever seen one of these, but just in case, I thought I'd see if anyone knows of another source for this particular backdrop:

https://www.monkeydepot.com/Display_DiD_The_Windows_p/dl2671.htm

Or, alternatively, something similar?

I'm basically looking for a modern but run-down type wooden cabin or shack interior with windows, or a similar kind of wooden porch. There is that recent Haberdashery diorama of the door of course, but it's a) a bit too old-fashioned looking for what I need, and b) too expensive -- all I'm looking for right now is just a printed backdrop like the one in the link above.

Do a Google image search for "textures cabin window". Here is an outside example

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 8 Photo-1408116

Personally I would just find a texture of a plain wooden wall and use photoshop to add a window.

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 8 High-quality-wood-for-a-log-cabin

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 8 WoodLogs0002_1_270
Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 8 WoodLogs0043_1_350

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks -- that is indeed probably the best way to go about it. I just don't really have access to printing directly, so I'd have to order something to be printed online and then sent to me anyway, so I'd sort of thought getting something that had already been designed to display behind 1/6 figures would be easier. But I will definitely bear that in mind for future, especially when it comes to more specific types of backgrounds that wouldn't really be readily available any other way : )

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks -- that is indeed probably the best way to go about it. I just don't really have access to printing directly, so I'd have to order something to be printed online and then sent to me anyway, so I'd sort of thought getting something that had already been designed to display behind 1/6 figures would be easier. But I will definitely bear that in mind for future, especially when it comes to more specific types of backgrounds that wouldn't really be readily available any other way : )

Check this site out. You might find something useful, or he might be able to make you something.

https://twelveinchfigures.weebly.com

Peaches

Peaches
Beautiful backdrops, but pricey!  Another thing you can do using programs like Photoshop, or The Gimp (free) is take photographs with a green background (or whatever color) and mask it out, setting your character into any photograph you can find.  That'd be the cheapest way, though you'd have to learn how to use the program to extract/create a mask of you character/object.

The other good thing about learning to do this is that you are not limited to your backgrounds, you can pretty much place your character in any picture you take, or find on the internet that is free to use.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks so much for the resource, Stryker!

And that's a really good idea, Peaches! another link I will bookmark -- thank you! : )

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum