OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please help me find... (continuously updated)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 40]

peanutsinspace

Hello!

I apologize if this is in the wrong spot!

I've been lurking for forever but now I must jump in and be social!
I've had a Jiaou Doll European body for about 6 months, not my first but this is the first I've seen where it's peeling horribly. Breasts, both shoulders, side of the breast and on an arm and I haven't done much other than pose her a couple times!

She's going to need a new body, I can't go back to another Jiaou Doll European body because I don't trust the durability. The specific character that was on the Jiaou is supposed to be curvy/voluptuous and right now, the s21-B that I currently have her on, is okay but the body doesn't have hips.

So, I'm looking for a TBLeague body "close enough" to the Jiaou Doll European shape. I was looking at the suntan s39 but if anyone has any other options, I'd be more than happy to hear them!

Thanks so much!

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
peanutsinspace wrote:I've had a Jiaou Doll European body for about 6 months, not my first but this is the first I've seen where it's peeling horribly. Breasts, both shoulders, side of the breast and on an arm and I haven't done much other than pose her a couple times!

She's going to need a new body, I can't go back to another Jiaou Doll European body because I don't trust the durability. The specific character that was on the Jiaou is supposed to be curvy/voluptuous and right now, the s21-B that I currently have her on, is okay but the body doesn't have hips.

So, I'm looking for a TBLeague body "close enough" to the Jiaou Doll European shape. I was looking at the suntan s39 but if anyone has any other options, I'd be more than happy to hear them!

This sounds pretty horrible. I've had problems with Jiaou Doll staining (or rather breaking out into blotches of color some time after removing the staining) but not exactly this. A TBLeague body would be advisable indeed. While I don't own this particular Jiaou body to compare with, I believe you are correct, the S39A (which, despite the A, is suntan!) would indeed be the closest TBLeague product; if you want/need slightly smaller breasts (for a "medium" rather than "large" bust), you can also try the S29B (and TBLeague's "medium" is still quite "large"). Some members have reported occasional quality issues with S29B bodies, though I have been lucky enough to not encounter them in the two I have. You can check out our TBLeague catalog thread for photos and more information:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3013-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-with-steel-skeleton-catalog-updated-continually

Hope this helps.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

peanutsinspace

Thank you for the help!
I've had many Jiaou bodies in the past and they've never reacted this way but after this last one, it really put me off because the quality of the bodies are so spotty. Other than my own user error, I've never had a problem with TBLeague bodies.
So the S39A it is, thanks again!

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
peanutsinspace wrote:Thank you for the help!
I've had many Jiaou bodies in the past and they've never reacted this way but after this last one, it really put me off because the quality of the bodies are so spotty. Other than my own user error, I've never had a problem with TBLeague bodies.
So the S39A it is, thanks again!

You're welcome. Glad I was able to help.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Wikikomoto

Wikikomoto
Hello!! New here~ i'm sorry if this is TOTALLY the wrong place to ask this, but I don't want to start a whole new post on a topic that may seem trivial!

I'm looking for a seamless body for my VeryCool Eighth Route medic (my first 1/6 figure!) And have found the process... Confusing. ~_~

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wikikomoto wrote:Hello!! New here~ i'm sorry if this is TOTALLY the wrong place to ask this, but I don't want to start a whole new post on a topic that may seem trivial!

I'm looking for a seamless body for my VeryCool Eighth Route medic (my first 1/6 figure!) And have found the process... Confusing. ~_~

Hello, and welcome!

Don't worry, it's understandable to be confused....there are a lot to choose from. Some of the members of this forum have been putting together a 'catalogue' of sorts of various Tbleague/Phicen seamless bodies:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3013-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-with-steel-skeleton-catalog-updated-continually

The main things you probably need to figure out or decide prior to getting a seamless body are a) what skintone would match the headsculpt (with tbleague, they only offer pale or suntan), b) whether you want to be able to remove the feet in order to use it with different types of footwear (and have it be able to stand up on its own, which I assume you do in this case), and b) what height/body shape would fit the outfit best.

A while back I asked about what tbleague bodies are most comparable to a VeryCool body, and while there wasn't one that was an exact match, I do recall that someone here was able to fit the VeryCool Villa outfit onto an s17b body. A lot of this stuff can be trial and error, but hopefully some of the above info will give you a place to start. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:
Wikikomoto wrote:Hello!! New here~ i'm sorry if this is TOTALLY the wrong place to ask this, but I don't want to start a whole new post on a topic that may seem trivial!

Hello, and welcome!

Don't worry, it's understandable to be confused....there are a lot to choose from. Some of the members of this forum have been putting together a 'catalogue' of sorts of various Tbleague/Phicen seamless bodies:

The main things you probably need to figure out or decide prior to getting a seamless body are a) what skintone would match the headsculpt (with tbleague, they only offer pale or suntan), b) whether you want to be able to remove the feet in order to use it with different types of footwear (and have it be able to stand up on its own, which I assume you do in this case), and b) what height/body shape would fit the outfit best.

A while back I asked about what tbleague bodies are most comparable to a VeryCool body, and while there wasn't one that was an exact match, I do recall that someone here was able to fit the VeryCool Villa outfit onto an s17b body. A lot of this stuff can be trial and error, but hopefully some of the above info will give you a place to start. : )

Agreed. Also, take a look at some of the other bodies, such as Pop Toys/Xing semi-seamless bodies — they are pretty nice looking, though not entirely seamless, and infinitely cheaper than TBLeague.

Though, it’s not entirely clear from your post, are you looking for a male or female body?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 20 C8485110

Wikikomoto

Wikikomoto
Hello!! thank you all so much for the replies, this link is SUPER useful!!

As for the body, I'm looking for a small female body. I believe the skin color is "wheat" And I'd love to find a small-busted one, but the options there seem fairly limited Sad

I've purchased one body already, the 05B-YS. But the color is WAY off, and the body itself is nearly a head taller than the one that came with my figure.

I think some of the shorter TBL figures would be perfect, but I'm not sure what color would be the closest to the head i have.

Thanks again so much!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wikikomoto wrote:Hello!! thank you all so much for the replies, this link is SUPER useful!!

As for the body, I'm looking for a small female body. I believe the skin color is "wheat" And I'd love to find a small-busted one, but the options there seem fairly limited Sad

I've purchased one body already, the 05B-YS. But the color is WAY off, and the body itself is nearly a head taller than the one that came with my figure.

I think some of the shorter TBL figures would be perfect, but I'm not sure what color would be the closest to the head i have.

Thanks again so much!

You are welcome! Smile

And yes, unfortunately Tbleague does not yet produce a body that is both petite *and* that has a smaller bust (this is something that frustrates me, too). But of the petite Tbleague bodies, the s25b is a good one and has been compatible with some VeryCool heads in the past (the VC Villa, for instance). For a body with a small bust, the s17b is great, though unfortunately it's on the tall side.

Agree with Stryker that you might have some luck with the PopToys Xing bodies, as they come in small bust versions and are quite petite in the sense they are short (same height as the s25b).

As for the skintone, perhaps seeing a pic of the headsculpt/figure in question would give us a better idea of what skintone would match.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
The first photo shows a TBLeague S24A Pale body with a I8 Toys H008 head sculpt which is nicely sized for the S24/25 series bodies. The second photo shows a size comparison between the S24 and other bodies. I would be very leery about trying to use the S24 for your figure however as I suspect the clothing originally supplied will be too large. I had to do some considerable tailoring to the shorts to get them to fit this model properly. This being said, the body is very well proportioned and I wish TB League would make a similar one in the larger sizes.

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 20 50390091948_75994080cc_c8 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 20 50628729008_6c1ae2a5e4_k_DSC0002_0010-2 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Wikikomoto

Wikikomoto
thanks again!

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 20 20201110

here is the body in question, with the 05B-YS underneath.

at this point too, after reading more about different bodies on the market, i'm not opposed to getting a "medium bust" since that seems to be the most common.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wikikomoto wrote:thanks again!

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 20 20201110

here is the body in question, with the 05B-YS underneath.

at this point too, after reading more about different bodies on the market, i'm not opposed to getting a "medium bust" since that seems to be the most common.

From a quick glance at the VeryCool body as compared to the Jiaou (?) body in the pic, if you are going for a Tbleague body as a replacement, it looks like you'd need a suntan one. And I do agree wtih ThePhotogsBlog that the s25b is likely too petite to fit into the VeryCool clothing without some major tailoring. It might work with the headsculpt if you were planning to change the outfit, but if you want to just convert the figure as-is onto a seamless body, then you'd have to go for one with a more comparable stature (possibly the s17b I mentioned above?).

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
I agree with Skywalkersaga. The S17B is most likely the best body for your project if you're going to use TBL.

Wikikomoto

Wikikomoto
S17B it is!

though, honestly the clothes being baggy is actually a plus to me! it adds to the realism~ recourses for weapons and uniforms were incredibly limited. during the 1940s, some whole units never received uniforms. just using armbands for identification.

i've actually bought a bunch of equipment for her too, i'm hoping to get a few more figures in this line in the coming months!

looking forward to being a part of this community <3

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Wikikomoto wrote:S17B it is!

though, honestly the clothes being baggy is actually a plus to me! it adds to the realism~ recourses for weapons and uniforms were incredibly limited. during the 1940s, some whole units never received uniforms. just using armbands for identification.

i've actually bought a bunch of equipment for her too, i'm hoping to get a few more figures in this line in the coming months!

looking forward to being a part of this community <3

It's not just a question of being baggy.  The waist on the trousers will be will be much too big and look awful; the legs and sleeves will be too long and the shoulders on the clothing too wide.

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 20 50470301726_ea3d5d85bb_k5 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

From left to right: S32A, S22A, S24A.

The S32 and S22 are about the same height but the S32 has longer legs, as shorter torso and slender shoulders, making her a bit challenging to fit for long trousers or blouses / jackets. This is why she wears a tank-top. The S22 (I own 5 S22/23) is the easiest to fit for just about any clothing. The S24 is significantly shorter and has a more slender build but is very difficult to fit clothing to. The hoodie fits well because the fabric is stretchy and because I cut the sleeves above the elbow. It's a beautiful figure, just probably not the best choice for your uniform.

Wikikomoto

Wikikomoto
ah, i understand what you mean! also out of curiosity, what is the head on kamiko? i adore her hair~

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Wikikomoto wrote:ah, i understand what you mean! also out of curiosity, what is the head on kamiko? i adore her hair~

Kamiko uses a TBLeague Tomoe Gozen head sculpt that I modified so as to look as closely as possible to the DAZ 3d version of Kamiko I created several years ago.

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 20 33348865548_ed3a90db08_zTomoe_2 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 20 46310235555_4f7a264d76_kTokyo Alley_2 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 20 50577520653_8a370fd65a_k40 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 20 46536852335_9942c082c0_kKamiko Muscular by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

I created two variants: one with the bow and makeup, another without, to represent Kamiko as she might appear before or after going to bed or when bathing.

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 20 50448529362_0e294af788_k3 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 20 50463638168_da2a2ec1f6_k_DSC0002_0015_1 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Wikikomoto

Wikikomoto
she looks great! i can't wait to learn the ins and outs of this hobby!

thanks again everyone!~

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
You'll enjoy this forum then, as I feel that it's main strength is as a source of advice and knowledge from the more experienced members, many of whom have been in the hobby for decades and have broad experience with many figure lines as well as problem-solving methods, who the best retailers are...all sorts of stuff.

Wikikomoto

Wikikomoto
i already have so many ideas for projects! i want to make ammo pouches for the hanyang model 88 rifle i've got, find a way to make some period accurate under clothing, like a simple sarashi and some wool shorts. and i want to find some better puttees for my figure too! aaah! i'm already so excited~

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Wikikomoto wrote:i already have so many ideas for projects! i want to make ammo pouches for the hanyang model 88 rifle i've got, find a way to make some period accurate under clothing, like a simple sarashi and some wool shorts. and i want to find some better puttees for my figure too! aaah! i'm already so excited~

The female 8th Route Army uniform, or at least the parts that I wanted from it, were things I had many opportunities to buy on Monkey Depot when they were parted out some time back but there were always other things that took precedence. For the record, I wanted to use the jacket and probably the trousers to make a James-Bondesque female super-villain outfit in the style worn by actors who played Ernst Blofeld in the early films. Maybe if I'm lucky, it will be re-released on the market. I did at least get a Mauser pistol, which is another cool, retro villain weapon.

Annalise

Annalise
Hello everyone. Please help me find this head sculpt.

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 20 Jiaou_11

I searched around and I think it is this one: Verycool VC-CF-01 Crossfire: Lurker of Fox Legend.

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 20 Veryco11

There are two sellers on ebay that have VC-CF-01 heads listed, both coincidentally using identical pictures.  

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 20 Veryco10

To me, this head doesn't look quite right. It's the eyes and the hair. It could just be differences in lighting, pro vs. amateur photo, etc. but I'm leery that it's a counterfeit. Especially when I found a couple sellers on Ali Express, also coincidentally using the exact same 4 pictures the ebay sellers are using, stating quantity 50 available. Red Flag if accurate. The sellers don't accept returns or I would just take a chance and order it to see for myself.

Can anyone positively i.d. the sculpt as the verycool fox legend or something else? Do you think the last pic is real or a knock-off? If it is a KO, anyone know where I can buy an authentic one? Thanks so much for any information or opinions!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She's cute. Wish I could help, but I have no idea. This might be one of those cases where the promotional images of a product are far more promising than the actual finished product.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Apologies, I don't have this headsculpt or figure (it's before my time), but from the in-hand images I could find it seems like unfortunately the advertised head is indeed a knock-off.

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 20 31231811

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 20 Photo210

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 20 Vcl02410

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 20 Used-Toy-1-6-Very-Cool-Toys-VC-CF-01-CrossFire

Annalise

Annalise
@skywalkersaga:

Thanks for posting those photos. They confirm that is the head I should be looking for. Now if only I could find a real one.

glitch

glitch
Annalise wrote:@skywalkersaga:

Thanks for posting those photos. They confirm that is the head I should be looking for. Now if only I could find a real one.

It looks like your best bet at this point would be to purchase the whole figure (found some on AliExpress) before the price really shoots up for it. And then just sell off the parts from that kit you don't need.
I'm currently having the same issues finding stuff for SW FS015 Tomb Raider figure. But everything has been bought up already unfortunately, and the whole figure is now going for a measly sum of $800. :S

Annalise

Annalise
glitch1044 wrote:It looks like your best bet at this point would be to purchase the whole figure (found some on AliExpress) before the price really shoots up for it.

I'm afraid you're probably right, but at $400+ it's already shot a bit too high for my comfort level. The whole "you snooze, you lose" aspect of this hobby really can be quite brutal on the old savings account if you want something a few years old...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Annalise wrote:
glitch1044 wrote:It looks like your best bet at this point would be to purchase the whole figure (found some on AliExpress) before the price really shoots up for it.

I'm afraid you're probably right, but at $400+ it's already shot a bit too high for my comfort level. The whole "you snooze, you lose" aspect of this hobby really can be quite brutal on the old savings account if you want something a few years old...

Completely feel your pain on that one. Crying or Very sad When I first started out I missed out on so much because I had no idea how quickly things became rare and/or really expensive...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Unfortunately, you’re discovering one of the biggest issues with this hobby. Unlike mass-produced products (eg., Mattel, Hasbro, etc.), the stuff in the “High End Collectibles” market is made in finite numbers — which is part of the reason this stuff is so expensive. I would recommend searching for a comparable head on sites like Giantoy, Monkey Depot, BlackOpsToys, and eBay, and forego looking for that specific head. I have the figure in question, and the pic you posted is either a really bad photograph, or, as a skywalkersaga mentioned, a knock-off, as it doesn’t look anything like the head on my figure.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 20 C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum