OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Detachable Foot Lean Slender Male Body [JD-JOK-17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Stryker2012

Founding Father
helianthus wrote:So sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but I was just wondering. Where is it that one could find a way to purchase this doll body without risk of scam? I have been searching for a seamless male body that is skinny for some time, but I haven't seen this body for sale outside of ebay.

Giantoy is top notch for bodies. (Prices include shipping).

https://giantoy.com/products/1-6-jiaou-doll-jok-17a-slim-fit-male-seamless-body?_pos=1&_sid=42b1b82b2&_ss=r

skywalkersaga

Randam, I forgot to ask...how tall is this body? It's hard to tell for sure....

Randam Hajile

skywalkersaga wrote:Randam, I forgot to ask...how tall is this body? It's hard to tell for sure....

It is larger than a standard body. The body's height is 29 cm to the top of the neck peg and roughly 31 cm with a head sculpt.

McClane served as a reference, because he was already barefoot Smile
NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Detachable Foot Lean Slender Male Body [JD-JOK-17] - Page 2 52911498094_2eee8e1cf1_kCJ3A8390 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

- Ralf

Stryker2012

Founding Father
Hmm, not sure how I feel about this body. Seems like it would be tricky to find a head that didn’t make him look like a bobble-head. That Taylor Kitsch head seems to work better, however.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for clarifying the height, Randam.

I do think it's unfortunate that they decided that 'slimmer body' meant 'skinnier neck', as it does look a little *too* slim. That being said, a skinny neck is at least potentially fixable, since you can stuff the inside of the neck with materials that can pad it out.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
@Randam, thanks for the pics. What skintone did you purchase?
Is it a YS (pale) or a BS (suntan)?
I just want the one that's a closer match to the young Han Solo head in your pic.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
rollotomasi wrote:@Randam, thanks for the pics. What skintone did you purchase?
Is it a YS (pale) or a BS (suntan)?
I just want the one that's a closer match to the young Han Solo head in your pic.

The body in my pictures is the BS (suntan) version. To perfectly match Han Solo, it would need to be a tad darker. However, it's hard to say whether the PS version would be a better fit, as the dark skintone was rather an ocher color than a dark suntan on other JD bodies.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Thanks, Randam! Too bad the BS is paler than Phicen males.
The lump on the bent knees looks weird but not that noticeable I guess.

I was scrolling FB last night and by coincidence saw a random 1/6 collector post GubernatorFan's pics comparing TBL & JD males, which i totally forgot we had here.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3830-jiaou-doll-male-bodies-10a-11c-12d-and-tbleague-m30-m33-m35-comparison?highlight=jiaou+doll

The PS has a weird skintone. Looks deceivingly dark on the promo pics above compared to Gub's pics which looks pale /grayish.
Btw, thanks to Gub!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
rollotomasi wrote:Thanks, Randam! Too bad the BS is paler than Phicen males.
The lump on the bent knees doesn't looks weird but not that noticeable I guess.

I was scrolling FB last night and by coincidence saw a random 1/6 collector post GubernatorFan's pics comparing TBL & JD males, which i totally forgot we had here.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3830-jiaou-doll-male-bodies-10a-11c-12d-and-tbleague-m30-m33-m35-comparison?highlight=jiaou+doll

The PS has a weird skintone. Looks deceivingly dark on the promo pics above compared to Gub's pics which looks pale /grayish.
Btw, thanks to Gub!
Glad you find it useful. My two new Jiaou bodies arrived today and will be added to that comparison thread. Color-wise they are much more useful than that very pale version which was already released as Kamisoul.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
I've no idea about Kamisoul, will check it out, thanks.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
rollotomasi wrote:I've no idea about Kamisoul, will check it out, thanks.
Here you go:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t6542-new-kamisoul-maf-extreme-seamless-body-with-jiaou-and-tbleague-comparison

Will post comparison in the Jiaou thread. The sets are not identical, but the body and the hand sculpts seem to be the same.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
@Gub, you have so much headsculpts i was wondering if you have this Eddie Peng Yu-Yan headsculpt,
which I want to match to a JD JOK-17-A-BS (wheat). The BS price is around $70 and the head $20
so just doing a little research before I decide.

Or any one of you that has this head, please chime in regarding the skintone. Thanks!

NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Detachable Foot Lean Slender Male Body [JD-JOK-17] - Page 2 Headhu10

NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Detachable Foot Lean Slender Male Body [JD-JOK-17] - Page 2 Headhu11

(Sorry, I also posted this in the General Talk JD Male bodies thread.)

helianthus

Does anyone know if Ken doll clothing will fit this body? I have a vintage ken tuxedo which I think would work for the character I'm making, I just don't know if it would fit.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
My gut feeling (based on past experience) is that the arm and leg length of the body will be too long for the ken doll clothing. But I don't own this body yet so that is just my guess...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I do have one made to move Ken but would have to dig him out to compare the height. Generally, Kens are super slender and of course hard plastic. It is not very likely that the clothes would fit -- or if they do, the fit would be so tight as to restrict much of the articulation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum