OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bar diorama completion, finally

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 Empty Re: Bar diorama completion, finally Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:18 am

Melancholic

Stryker2012 wrote:Oh man! That is awesome! As stated, so many cool items. The neon lights are cool. Love the guy with the washboard. That bar is something else. Excellent work.
The neon lights were really inexpensive, I was surprised at how cheap everything costed, but it still ate up my funds!

27Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 Empty Re: Bar diorama completion, finally Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:21 am

Melancholic

GubernatorFan wrote:That looks completely and thoroughly excellent. The furniture, the fitting, the figures, the atmosphere, every single thing. The little alligator is a funny touch, and I hope it is intended as a stuffed prop, rather than an actual threat to customers.

So glad you like it! It's not perfect, but room constraints, ya know? I took inspiration from my many years In New Orleans. The Zydeco bar is called 'To De Bayou' One guy has it custom printed on his shirt! It will also be decorated for holidays, especially Mardi Gras!

28Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 Empty Re: Bar diorama completion, finally Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:23 am

Melancholic

davidd wrote:Ohhh! Oh, maaan! That lighting you've integrated in to the Gloria Happy Hour Play Set is fantastic! The repaint and detailing is even more fantastic!

And the back bar looks so classy! That's some seriously impressive work to make the back bar look so realistic and stylish! With integrated lighting there, too!

Love those ultra-modern bar stools!

And... real neon!!!1  Shocked

Amazing make-over of a pink plastic "playline" piece! You could work on that "bar rescue" TV show!

Sooki's is fantastic, as is the Tiki bar, which I don't see much anymore. You cornered the market on Gloria bars! Lol! Thanks for motivating me to keep working on it when I wanted to quit!

29Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 Empty Re: Bar diorama completion, finally Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:25 am

Melancholic

teamweapon wrote:thats a really nice looking dio!!! love it Very Happy

Thanks! I'm writing my first photostory in the bar, it has Dal's character, which I surprised him with a replica. Still writing it though!

30Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 Empty Re: Bar diorama completion, finally Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:27 am

Melancholic

Melancholic
BAMComix wrote:Brilliant, brilliant work Faith! The bar turned out so well! I'd love to pop in for a pint. It looks lively and fun! Love it!

you and your rowdy crew are welcome any time. With Audette Threesone as the Bouncer, there won't be any trouble!

31Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 Empty Re: Bar diorama completion, finally Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:28 am

Melancholic

Melancholic
skywalkersaga wrote:Oh how awesome! So many fun details. It's a great diorama in its own right, but also a very creative way to show off and display your figures!

I don't have much room for characters, since most of the ones you see are permanent fixtures (feet nano-taped to the floor) so it will be interesting to try...

32Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 Empty Re: Bar diorama completion, finally Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:34 am

Melancholic

Melancholic
Diana wrote:That's impressive! Complete with Jukebox, performance corner and pool table! And I love all the little things on the walls, especially the bathroom door and sign. Laughing Very cool! Very Happy

I had the opportunity to buy a smaller jukebox, but opted for the big one. Don't know why! I accidentally ended up with two duplicate jukeboxes somehow! I would have loved a stage, like Dal's, but alas, I am not that good at building things... The bathroom door is actually a sticker I bought off of Etsy. The dart board is also a fake, just a high quality photo from Etsy also! All the matchbox cars on the wall are Mardi Gras themed paintjobs...

33Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 Empty Re: Bar diorama completion, finally Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:36 am

Melancholic

Melancholic
Tanzenwolfe wrote:Wow, so many cool details, lighting, decor and props, not to mention the figures - wonderful work! Great to have it somewhere on display to admire.

Well, my dilemma is whether or not to cover it when not in use...If it got dusty, it would be a disaster to clean! Thanks for the compliment!

34Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 Empty Re: Bar diorama completion, finally Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:45 am

Melancholic

Melancholic
Just a quick photo of the Mardi Gras themed Matchbox cars. Never knew they existed before! And a photo of the Lagniappe Pub's slimey dirtball owner John S'mullet and Girlfreind Cherie Long'Begone..
Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 Airbru20
Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 20231010

35Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 Empty Re: Bar diorama completion, finally Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:25 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Melancholic wrote:
BAMComix wrote:Brilliant, brilliant work Faith! The bar turned out so well! I'd love to pop in for a pint. It looks lively and fun! Love it!

you and your rowdy crew are welcome any time.  With Audette Threesone as the Bouncer, there won't be any trouble!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

36Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 Empty Re: Bar diorama completion, finally Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:49 am

davidd

davidd
I love the lighting in the pic of S'mollet and Cherie! Excellent use of the semi-transparent skirt and the light from the jukebox. Great poses, too, very natural.

They grow them cockroaches big down south, huh? (And I know from my own time in warm, humid climates that the comedic exaggeration, if any, is only slight!)

37Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 Empty Re: Bar diorama completion, finally Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:18 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Love the names of the characters -- hilarious!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 1f10

38Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 Empty Re: Bar diorama completion, finally Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:07 pm

Melancholic

Melancholic
davidd wrote:I love the lighting in the pic of S'mollet and Cherie! Excellent use of the semi-transparent skirt and the light from the jukebox. Great poses, too, very natural.

They grow them cockroaches big down south, huh? (And I know from my own time in warm, humid climates that the comedic exaggeration, if any, is only slight!)

John's name is a play on John's mullet, his haircut, lol!  Yes, the cockroaches are huge here, but I imagine Florida has large ones also!  They also come after you when you poison them.  They seek a heat source during their final death throes for some reason, so 'spray....duck and cover'!

39Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 Empty Re: Bar diorama completion, finally Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:10 pm

Melancholic

Melancholic
Stryker2012 wrote:Love the names of the characters -- hilarious!

All the characters have humorous names:

Dapper 'Squeezebox' Dawg: Accordion
'Stovepipe' Jethro Davis: Washboard
Clementine Boudreau: Banjo, Lead Vocals
Kiki Beats: Drums
Beauregard Johnson: Fiddle, Bar Minister
Mister Devereux: Bass Guitar (Still in transit, maybe still in Mississippi)Otis
'Colonel' Angus Propers: Lead Guitar
Rurufus: Bar resident pet alligator
Audette Threesone: Bartender, Bookkeeper, Waitress, Bouncer, Therapist, Janitor, Office Manager, Alligator Wrangler, Kareoke Dj, Logistics, Supplies and Beverage Orders, AA Sponsor, Payroll, Band Member Wrangler, Scheduling, Bar Maintainance (Handyman), etc., etc.

40Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 Empty Re: Bar diorama completion, finally Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:20 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, funny names and scary cockroaches, but really love the closer shots of the decorations and the characters. And everything is glorious like before, even when you zoom in, which means you did it right. 

By the way, when you would like to respond to several posts, click the "Multi-Quote" button under each of those, then when you've done that to each you wanted, click on the "post reply" button near the bottom right, and then they will all appear within the same text box for you to write your responses in-between them.

41Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 Empty Re: Bar diorama completion, finally Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:23 am

r3500vdp

Wow that's just too cool of a place. Brilliant photos, thanks!

42Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 Empty Re: Bar diorama completion, finally Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:07 pm

Illusion

Illusion
This turned out excellent!
love all the colourful decorations, accessories (that phone!!!) and lights! esp like the restrooms! very realistic touch, should think about it for mine, but then again mine also is supposed to serve as a living room… would be odd to have restroom signs there …
I do love the jukebox - also at this size. I mind the size of the jukebox less than that of the billard table. Should be possible to lift that at bit?

cool names. Figures should have their individual names. Yeah.

43Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 Empty Re: Bar diorama completion, finally Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:48 am

blackpool

blackpool
Awesome build!!! Love all the details you put into it! Starting to build a "saloon" style bar counter and backwall, but it's a long journey :p

44Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 Empty Re: Bar diorama completion, finally Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:15 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
blackpool wrote:Awesome build!!! Love all the details you put into it! Starting to build a "saloon" style bar counter and backwall, but it's a long journey :p

Very Happy Looking forward to seeing the results!

45Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 Empty Re: Bar diorama completion, finally Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:00 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Wow, what a backdrop for your extraordinary band! The lighting is amazing and I really love every single character. Welcome to the forum, Melancholic.

46Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 Empty Re: Bar diorama completion, finally Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:17 am

Melancholic

Melancholic
Catching up to busy Audette Threesone, Bartender extraordinaire. Lagniappe Pub wouldn't run without her.

Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 Airbru21
Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 Airbru22

47Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 Empty Re: Bar diorama completion, finally Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:59 am

davidd

davidd
I am impressed by the little details and items you find and that you think of including, like the bottle opener and the wine list in her apron, and an actual miniature check register behind the counter! The sense of realism is quite convincing!

48Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 Empty Re: Bar diorama completion, finally Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:25 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
What a woman! Joe, the landlord of the Ammo Arms won't shut up about her lol! I guess it must be love!

49Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 Empty Re: Bar diorama completion, finally Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:54 pm

Diana

Diana
She looks great, and the bar is looking amazing, too! What an awesome place you created. She radiates warmth and fun! Smile

50Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 Empty Re: Bar diorama completion, finally Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:34 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Great looking figure. Love the bar — so many cool items on display.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 1f10

51Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 Empty Re: Bar diorama completion, finally Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:10 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Audette and the bar look absolutely perfect together, and the kitbashing and mixing and matching of elements continues to make for a remarkably striking and realistic setting.

52Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 Empty Re: Bar diorama completion, finally Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:11 pm

r3500vdp

Just wonderful pictures. There's so much to discover, love all the details!

53Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 Empty Re: Bar diorama completion, finally Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:22 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Nice, she looks awesome.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 1f60e

54Bar diorama completion, finally - Page 2 Empty Re: Bar diorama completion, finally Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:26 pm

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
The scale of everything is so realistic and cool, and Audette looks just the right bartender!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum