OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mace Windu Hasbro Redux

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mace Windu Hasbro Redux  Empty Mace Windu Hasbro Redux Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:50 pm

Chip

Hi all , I got the old Hasbro Version of Mace Windu , with my Usual intention of upgrading him . I did look round for a Samuel L . Jackson sculpt but the ones I found were price heavy . I have had this Dragon figure as one of My NAM grunts , He kind of resembles Mace Windu so I have used him . The actual Hasbro figure I got was not bad , his clothes are quite impressive . I have repainted his belt , hopefully it doesn't look Toyish now . That was about it . These are a side step for me really , I normally do Nam related figures , but wanted a bit of diversity in my collection , and I enjoy hopefully brining new life into these older figures . Hope you like him anyways .

Firstly a couple of pics how he looked out the box so to speak .

Mace Windu Hasbro Redux  B2-P1170405

Mace Windu Hasbro Redux  B1-P1170400

Mace Windu Hasbro Redux  1-P1170861

Mace Windu Hasbro Redux  2-P1170868

Mace Windu Hasbro Redux  3-P1170837

Mace Windu Hasbro Redux  4-P1170840

Mace Windu Hasbro Redux  5-P1170856

Mace Windu Hasbro Redux  6-P1170852

Mace Windu Hasbro Redux  7-P1170860

2Mace Windu Hasbro Redux  Empty Re: Mace Windu Hasbro Redux Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:27 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
That’s pretty cool. Nice upgrade.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Mace Windu Hasbro Redux  1f10

3Mace Windu Hasbro Redux  Empty Re: Mace Windu Hasbro Redux Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:19 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
He actually looks very good, and you have definitely managed to move him away from looking toyish. I can't tell for sure but you might still have the doll dot (painted light reflection) in the eyes. One of the ways of getting more realism is to paint it over (no need to repaint the whole eyes, if you like them), then gloss the eyes.

4Mace Windu Hasbro Redux  Empty Re: Mace Windu Hasbro Redux Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:11 am

Chip

Thanks Mark , Ian . Good tip on the eyes , think I can manage touching up those , but my skills don`t run to yours on full paint jobs . Do you use acrylic gloss ? Matt ?

5Mace Windu Hasbro Redux  Empty Re: Mace Windu Hasbro Redux Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:17 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Chip wrote:Thanks Mark , Ian . Good tip on the eyes , think I can manage touching up those , but my skills don`t run to yours on full paint jobs . Do you use acrylic gloss ? Matt ?
(Assuming this is about what I wrote in your other thread...) Yes, acrylic varnish. There are different types. Matt is what Vallejo calls it, I would call it matte. I don't trust the spray kind (because you won't be able to be too precise and might affect something else that you want to be glossy), but I believe there is one called Dulcote (which I always took to mean dull coat). But gloss varnish for the eyes. Vallejo sells both Matt Varnish and Gloss Varnish. They are pretty good, although I don't always find the matt(e) one matte enough.

https://www.amazon.com/Vallejo-Matt-Model-Color-Varnish/dp/B000PH9JPA/

https://www.amazon.com/Vallejo-Acrylic-Paint-Gloss-Varnish/dp/B001JJZDSK/

6Mace Windu Hasbro Redux  Empty Re: Mace Windu Hasbro Redux Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:32 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
PS, I recently discovered these, but get yourself some tiny brushes like 5/0 (i.e., 00000) or even 10/0 (but short rather than long) for working on the eyes. Although 5/0 is fine enough for minor touch ups and glossing, as we discussed. Until recently, I used 4/0 and bigger.

7Mace Windu Hasbro Redux  Empty Re: Mace Windu Hasbro Redux Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:29 am

Diana

Diana
He looks really good. Has me looking forward to my HT Mace Windu. Very Happy
And maybe there will be some cheaper knock offs after its release... 

I would look into reducing the highlight on his nose. My eyes keep wandering to his nose because of it. A little much. His clothes really do look good. I can see why you picked him up! Smile

8Mace Windu Hasbro Redux  Empty Re: Mace Windu Hasbro Redux Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:26 pm

Chip

Thanks for the further tips Ian , yeah his nose is a little shiny .

9Mace Windu Hasbro Redux  Empty Re: Mace Windu Hasbro Redux Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:19 pm

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Great improvements! Far more realistic!

10Mace Windu Hasbro Redux  Empty Re: Mace Windu Hasbro Redux Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:10 pm

teamweapon

nice work!
haha i also have that head, i believe it was the first AA that dragon made.
i always thought it was odd that they put him in a full NBC suit with gas mask so when you bought it, had no idea he wasnt white!

11Mace Windu Hasbro Redux  Empty Re: Mace Windu Hasbro Redux Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:50 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Very awesome, It makes me happy to see those old hasbro sets having new life breathed into them, they only need the right head sculpts and hands and they are become awesome.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Mace Windu Hasbro Redux  1f60e

12Mace Windu Hasbro Redux  Empty Re: Mace Windu Hasbro Redux Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:42 pm

Chip

Thanks for the further kind words all .

13Mace Windu Hasbro Redux  Empty Re: Mace Windu Hasbro Redux Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:34 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great work, and a cool bash Chip!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum