OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

shovelchop81

GubernatorFan wrote:I see you kept the mustache. I'm getting Freddie Mercury vibes off him now. Cool eyes.

Freddie never had a handlebar moustache, just a regular cop's one that they all have in the USA for some weird reason, they're not intimidating but I guess the idea is to help hide emotion like the old mirror aviator glasses? This is more like a WW1 German moustache especially with the monocle.

Er.. like corporal Hitler...

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 Main-qimg-7e71a9fa87091e58e40db6b350416ae1-lq

skywalkersaga

I love the monocle, lol!

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Yes, I realized the actual shape of the mustache was different, but I still got those vibes. Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Theboo-bomb

Very interesting guy, reminds me of another EU sith. Looking forward to how Count Vidian looks like, so far he's looking like a very intimidating fellow.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
skywalkersaga wrote:I love the monocle, lol!

GubernatorFan wrote:Yes, I realized the actual shape of the mustache was different, but I still got those vibes. Smile

Theboo-bomb wrote:Very interesting guy, reminds me of another EU sith. Looking forward to how Count Vidian looks like, so far he's looking like a very intimidating fellow.

I'm definitely going for an evil steampunk character!

Given him a vocalizer unit, cyborg eyes and the monocle that acts as a immersive 3D technical mapping and viewing device so he can scan any industrial machinery for faults and lack of performance while touring facilities. Tried yellow tinting on the monocle but decided on purple that had to be wiped off quickly to allow transparency, added some silver around the edges. I've also started working on his little manipulator arms designed to collect small samples of products for quality control analysis.

After going through thousands of spare Gundam parts!

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 9GElSML

I used the vents from that lego helmet I cut up in the first post of this thread! LOL.

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 EApXs3P

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 DKU2dY3

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 IwGcm4f

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 PPpCfaI

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 WCMzb82

Stuff gets trimmed, centred and modded as I go...

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 TfQlv19

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 HYC0oxC

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 NjxFV0H

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 P9WX7c1

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 PwnVAWR

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 Nm0tugD

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 H2lz26f

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 JXpvOJO

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 7xOnPZk

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 S8X63eP

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 7x2Poet

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 GLpueCp

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 01EhG3v

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 TFO6sco

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 YvknX9i

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 Ck30W2w

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 QHlbL41

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 EFnP0aV

I need to figure out some collapsable extensions for the manipulators that store behind these parts.

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 0sJUaRM

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks like he is more machine, now, than man, for which there is a hallowed precedent! Nice work, Alex.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Looking great!

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Looking awesome thus far.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 1f60e

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Looks like he is more machine, now, than man, for which there is a hallowed precedent! Nice work, Alex.

BAMComix wrote:Looking great!

Theboo-bomb wrote:Looking awesome thus far.

Thanks guys! I've been working on other stuff but got a bit done, mostly to do with his torso and weird manipulators for storage samples and a place that opens up in his abdomen to store them etc..

The inevitable shoulder fix I saw coming... Also had to fix a leg as a disc joint snapped in his hips.

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 WY7SBPy

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 USH6WFO

Hoses

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 339CwZS

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 XyPt2Tk

Back cover, soft plastic.

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 ElmpmcR

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 VGzwhV2

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 SaEAd9L

Gave him a groin cover.

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 UhVWXJb

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 AiYQXR8

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 M4IxbdB

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 475Q2Ad

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 KxTTzRx

For something..lol

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 3csWEYq

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 TWBoU1d

Stops manipulators flapping around like before with the grey plugs.

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 NhCcn9G

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 VXjYzxH

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 W0efwvp

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 6rZVCvt

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 JJXG5wF

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 MJs69os

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 VofQQx5

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 AbzCXM7

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Man, I’ve missed a lot. This guy is looking so cool. Freaky, too, with the head and hands. Awesome stuff.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm sure he appreciates you giving him the ability to stand, and a groin cover. Not to mention fixing his slipped disk and other repairs. A very impressive build.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2012 wrote:Man, I’ve missed a lot. This guy is looking so cool. Freaky, too, with the head and hands. Awesome stuff.

GubernatorFan wrote:I'm sure he appreciates you giving him the ability to stand, and a groin cover. Not to mention fixing his slipped disk and other repairs. A very impressive build.

Cheers! Yeah, freaky is what I'm going for, a sort of Sci-Fi Frankenstein's Monster although he hasn't actually died.

Lots of fiddly gluing and drilling stuff to get it all the match and work together, still not done with the storage and manipulators but getting there..

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 DnL2pKx

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 VICjqNZ

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 YR4SpoP

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 FZGqA3T

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 QaNrLKa

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 CXAGJYl

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 ZKOiJL0

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 4BXzmWm

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 Y9O10gB

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 2gF35uJ

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 FGI6Iny

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 EhUr1Ng

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 OITUvbn

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 0hbRB0I

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 KKpRIvP

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 YfulsCo

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 06AGnWT

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 H9kA6SK

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 A12TRyE

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 QMm1GDR

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 EGjjbCH

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 GtfLWaP

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 XqoRD48

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Wow! That is some serious engineering. Looking cool.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 1f10

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2012 wrote:Wow! That is some serious engineering. Looking cool.

Just some fun and an ode to Cain from Robocop 2 lol!

(only just managed to find these pics now of the real miniature used in the movie, went for something like £25,000)

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 BAay6jR

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 X12aiPy

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 XmfUnAh

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 QGBWY7Z

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 NNE6C88

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 XTa7bJe

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 FZQEa4h

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 BqaOwmt

I'LL BE PUTTING AN ATTACHMENT HERE TOO OBVIOUSLY, MIGHT GIVE HIM AN ASSORTMENT TO CHOOSE FROM LIKE A GAS AXE, A VIBROBLADE, SMALLER PINCERS, A DRILL ETC..

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 UjXQUEc

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 Zj4LVVg

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 D5EHS9a

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 DlI9JsO

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 M2ZDEE0

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 MspPSPE

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 0wbxrUW

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 MokfBxO

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
He looks almost done! And slightly shocked by all this hard work you've been putting in, while he is still conscious (didn't Palps do that to Vader?). Smile

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:He looks almost done! And slightly shocked by all this hard work you've been putting in, while he is still conscious (didn't Palps do that to Vader?). Smile

Twisted Evil To be fair his brain is actually in a bowl!! pirat

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 NU2WYzA

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
More cosmetic parts to go on him but this gives you an idea of where he's going. Paint wise I'll be using a silver base with gold, ivory and red/crimson accents.

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 Ka5oToT

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 GeCHzrR

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 1fGvGjE

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 ILv2v0c

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 YQl9xvw

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 O5RB7Rn

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 39Cdw2F

I really need to stop making such big figures! They don't fit on my shelves!!

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 HfIYT55

I'll add some chains and royal bling too

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 RpjUrCS

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 YOVPwn6

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 GXq4ndA

I'll use the pockets to put his extra manipulator tools in.

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 M6g4zG5

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 XSUvNUM

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 YoIixQn

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks pretty inquisitive for being brainless... I love your description of the paint: silver base with ivory, etc., accents. So... sophisticated in a modern design sort of way.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Looks pretty inquisitive for being brainless... I love your description of the paint: silver base with ivory, etc., accents. So... sophisticated in a modern design sort of way.

LOL! It wasn't meant to be but does sound a bit like: "and today I'll be wearing..." perhaps it's my design degree slipping through or more likely the daytime TV from back when I was a student! pirat

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It was very endearing. And if you give him nipple clamps, I'm sure in that case they would have a serious functional purpose. Speaking of which, we have a tutorial that is (almost) relevant, HERE.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Finding other material to make him less Grievous looking, detail up parts too, many had to be forcibly removed to be painted separately in gold later. Used a mix of primers since the red ran out. The cheap silver chrome paint seems REALLY good!! Gold on the other parts next.

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 KvnlbHm

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 ZJgvm6v

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 5of30QD

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 ZM1rFyL

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 OmDKPv2

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 N3F4cj2

Collar thingy to also differentiate from GG.

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 Y7NPJ3Q

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 R4b15Ic

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 P2wuwN5

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 EP8k4BF

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 LR4Ql54

Making room for storage vessel

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 BXPSrab

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 JkjV1rg

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 3xt6qvL

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 GIoxxVC

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 B5rOK2S

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 9I8Wn0m

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 S0q2Mhg

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 Evrv2Wc

fillers

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 Pm9PIKo

pried off for paint

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 AKNdFgZ

Ready for silver and gold paint after priming.

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 LOsUvJJ

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 O7nO5dq

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 7CJPk5k

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 8oDnHk9

Primers

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 UzAwBfs

Will be gold

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 CXnNXLC

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 AdNIlzm

pics don't do paint justice, solid chrome, no flakes. Multiple coats slowly added for coverage.

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 CjzX17E

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 GXQJpQ7

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 0BwYoJ0

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 YMP4shM

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 ENu5ffY

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 Qvd1dBC

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 IgmqqG0

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 9Yltlcz

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 Zdng8H0

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 T99o59x

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 WCoC6Ck

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 P2B0Zfm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, I could see some resemblance to Grievous, and am glad you are distancing the look. That said, it might have been good for continuity? This way, however, depending on how far you go, he might be able to bridge over into the Marvel Universe! Smile Looks sweet either way.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Yes, I could see some resemblance to Grievous, and am glad you are distancing the look. That said, it might have been good for continuity? This way, however, depending on how far you go, he might be able to bridge over into the Marvel Universe! Smile Looks sweet either way.

Do you mean Ultron? I love that design! Did a review on the HT figure here too if you recall, he's getting to be that size as well!lol.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:Do you mean Ultron? I love that design! Did a review on the HT figure here too if you recall, he's getting to be that size as well!lol.
Ultron and Iron Man, etc. It is a very cool design. And thanks for the fun link.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Done the gold paint, not as nice but also less fussy about being handled, I had to touch up the silver as as always seems the case, the more metal in the paint the less adhesive it is and has trouble curing. Been gluing and screwing things back together, I think some of the new parts will benefit from a screw or two as well which means more careful hand drilling trying not to mess up the silver as I do it.

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 FW0K3HI

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 7BF9FmO

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 RFsC3gw

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 MlSBarQ

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 LMbtReq

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 Vjcj7VD

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 M5CC5UV

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 SDAcqzW

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 XWmpI00

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 2ops88m

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 PFejHLI

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very clean work, Alex.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Looks pretty cool. Iron Vidian!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Very clean work, Alex.

Stryker2012 wrote:Looks pretty cool. Iron Vidian!

Yeah, unusually tidy as my normal stuff often is heavily weathered lol! Irion Vidian... I like it! lol.

Lots of fiddly drilling trying not to damage paint so couldn't use a vise and my mini electric drill is rubbish so had to to use a pin vice drill and scale up from there with a hand crank drill and round files. I still have stuff to decide on like where the chains attach, where to put some jewellery bling and how best to use the 'neck piece', might go on his head instead. Using the pics below for inspiration mostly.

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 MyklFsB

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 FlSaZU9

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 GFxYWDS

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 Yg1Ti51

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 TCZIqcU

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 AKjVvPt

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 RQncwpb

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 RzZ7NLY

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 7tOX4id

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 PJF2Dkp

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 RwiycOi

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 Uo4nmlc

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 WGXaG6U

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 4rmq67N

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 Js6BZta

Count Vidian Star Wars Scratch Build/ Loads Of Detail Paint Now Done/WIP - Page 2 FgDTpCY

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Turning out neat — very unique. Love how you’ve done your own take on this character.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum