OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Latest Purchase...

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 14]

26Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat 2 Dec 2023 - 13:01

TravelGuide

Now I see that you actually already wrote that it's for Shaorin.

27Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat 2 Dec 2023 - 15:03

Triniarin

Tasuke wrote:Though the JIAOU DOLL and TB LEAGUE bodies look tempting... - and a potentially better match to Shao's skintone besides -
i'm not at all encouraged by the "Sweating" the Joint-Tearing, and other issues that i too often hear about in relation to Seamless Silicon Doll Bodies.
Well, as those bodies from TPE (Silicon has much higher price, but its more durable) - according to info from (adult dolls )) its less durable than silicon and PVC or resin. But... well can live up to 10 yrs i think *while my resin BJD doll now 20 yrs old.
But TPE are ... emm... touchy material, its cool antistress material i think.
Also WorldBox made cool bodyblushing with shading on their bodies while Jiaou has very simple and Phicen mostly dont have at all.
But you can give a try, Jiaou 19b body price is very cheap.
Pros and cons as everything)

28Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat 2 Dec 2023 - 17:11

Tasuke

Yep... the Mind is Made; i'm sticking by WorldBox.

i mean, i just adore the AT203's shapely, - even Voluptuous - proportions for Shaorin...
and the complete freedom from of the distressing side-effects, apparently endemic to Seamless Doll Bodies, hardly hurts either.

i've lived with exposed-joint Dolls for twenty years just fine,
and the smoother, less-intrusive joint designs on modern bodies are only making it all the easier to remain doing so...

29Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun 3 Dec 2023 - 8:03

TravelGuide

Figma Rem arrived here today (technically I picked her up, found a used one for a good price).

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Img_6930

30Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon 4 Dec 2023 - 4:20

madnug

madnug
Tasuke wrote:
davidd wrote:Tasuke! Are you going to venture in to the world of seamless bodies once that maid costume arrives?

Though the JIAOU DOLL and TB LEAGUE bodies look tempting... - and a potentially better match to Shao's skintone besides -
i'm not at all encouraged by the "Sweating" the Joint-Tearing, and other issues that i too often hear about in relation to Seamless Silicon Doll Bodies.

That Said; the the Heft in Hand that i imagine the Stainless Skeletal Frame would impart would surely give Shaorin an extra dimension of Appeal...

Hell; If Someone can convince me that it really isn't all THAT bad... then i think i might just take a chance on giving a JIAOU DOLL 19B Pink Skin/S Bust a try;

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 01_A1_-_JIAOU_DOLL_19B_Seamless_Small_Bust_for_Shao_10

If you wanna take a chance on your first seamless body, i recommend getting the premium on the market TGLEAGUE.
with proper care and not doing too extreme poses for more than a day, it should last a long time.

Jiaou however has its advantages on more skin tone colors.. but quality and durability wont be as good, especially if the body is used a lot of times for changing clothes, hands,feet etc.
handling by pulling and stretching will cause the body to diform a bit and lose its shape mostly on hands and leg area.

Though tbleague is higher in price, its best to get the best experience in a seamless body product, so you would not be disappointed on your first purchase.

31Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon 4 Dec 2023 - 6:49

madnug

madnug
Got Triky Baby, was on the fence since never had cyber punk style figure and shoes are too big.
But manage to source a replacement shoes for her.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Trkb10

32Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon 4 Dec 2023 - 7:56

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very, very cool!

33Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon 4 Dec 2023 - 8:11

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
madnug wrote:
If you wanna take a chance on your first seamless body, i recommend getting the premium on the market TGLEAGUE.
with proper care and not doing too extreme poses for more than a day, it should last a long time.

I agree. My TBL s09c was my first seamless body some 3 years ago. Frankly, I am pretty rough with it. It’s been my test body from day one and it has held up very well. I’ve dropped it, tossed it around, watched it fall and bounce off things, left it posed for days sitting on a shelf, and she rarely gets powdered (only when I feel she needs it). Any damage done to the body has unequivocally been my fault and that damage is pretty minimal. I can’t say I’ve heard similar durability for Jiaou, though I too have been tempted by them.

That said, Triky looks good!

34Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon 4 Dec 2023 - 8:18

Tasuke

Tasuke
madnug wrote:
Tasuke wrote:
davidd wrote:Tasuke! Are you going to venture in to the world of seamless bodies once that maid costume arrives?

Though the JIAOU DOLL and TB LEAGUE bodies look tempting... - and a potentially better match to Shao's skintone besides -

That Said; the the Heft in Hand that i imagine the Stainless Skeletal Frame would impart would surely give Shaorin an extra dimension of Appeal...

Hell; If Someone can convince me that it really isn't all THAT bad... then i think i might just take a chance on giving a JIAOU DOLL 19B Pink Skin/S Bust a try;

Jiaou however has its advantages on more skin tone colors.. but quality and durability wont be as good, especially if the body is used a lot of times for changing clothes, hands,feet etc.
handling by pulling and stretching will cause the body to diform a bit and lose its shape mostly on hands and leg area.

Though tbleague is higher in price, its best to get the best experience in a seamless body product, so you would not be disappointed on your first purchase.

Thanks for the Advice.

i was batting it around about one of these Seamless bodies for Shao there... - especially with Xmas coming and all -
but in the end, i'm in love with the chunky Shapliness Shao enjoys with the WB AT203... so i'm sticking by it. ♥She's just too Cute♥

if WorldBox ends up offering a Peachy/Pink skintone somewhere down the line that more closely matches Shao's head... Well; All the Better~

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Shaorin_Fresh_Spring_Undies_12-2-23_1_RESIZE_40

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Shaorin_Fresh_Spring_Undies_12-2-23_4_RESIZE_40

35Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon 4 Dec 2023 - 9:03

Diana

Diana
madnug wrote:Got Triky Baby, was on the fence since never had cyber punk style figure and shoes are too big.
But manage to source a replacement shoes for her.

She's beautiful!!! I can't wait to get mine. I got the shipping notice a few days ago, so I'll be at least another week. But she will fit right in to my existing modern 1/12 team. Smile

Bummer about the shoes though. Neutral

36Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon 4 Dec 2023 - 17:22

davidd

davidd

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 53376169983_87fc9114ae_z
Doll Boots

I paid actual money (twelve bucks!) to replace one set of crummy plastic doll boots with another set of crummy plastic doll boots. I'm feeling pretty stupid for having done so. I mean, what difference does it really make?

The shiny ones were too tight to fit on the figure's feet, and too flimsy to support the figure when it was standing. The less shiny pair have slightly stiffer soles, but they're still not really adequate to provide good balance. After a half hour struggle and copious amounts of hot water to loosen things up, I was able to force the figure's feet in to the new boots. They're not coming off without cutting them, that's a fact.

I gotta stop flushing money down the... drain... for stuff like this. I guess I'm not really enjoying it anymore. Everything I buy I seem to regret.

37Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon 4 Dec 2023 - 20:56

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:
I gotta stop flushing money down the... drain... for stuff like this. I guess I'm not really enjoying it anymore. Everything I buy I seem to regret.
Do I feel a New Year's resolution coming up? Usually I'm too realistic to make any of these, but I might have to reign in my purchasing, for all sorts of reasons, too. Not that I would say I'm particularly regretful about them... yet.
They do look good.

38Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon 4 Dec 2023 - 21:05

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
I recently ordered some knee high white boots (hollow) for an outfit I’m putting together and I nearly had buyers remorse as well. I made it happen, and she looks great (gonna have to wait until Christmas for pics), but those zippers had me questioning my choices. Footwear is a pain in the _____!

39Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon 4 Dec 2023 - 21:18

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
MeMyself&I wrote:I recently ordered some knee high white boots (hollow) for an outfit I’m putting together and I nearly had buyers remorse as well. I made it happen, and she looks great (gonna have to wait until Christmas for pics), but those zippers had me questioning my choices. Footwear is a pain in the _____!
So true. That's why most of my base bodies, even if unboxed and headed, spend most of their time barefoot. That, and they are a bit more stable that way. But of course for most proper looks you have to go through the pain of attaching compatible footwear.

40Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon 4 Dec 2023 - 22:04

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
GubernatorFan wrote:
MeMyself&I wrote:I recently ordered some knee high white boots (hollow) for an outfit I’m putting together and I nearly had buyers remorse as well. I made it happen, and she looks great (gonna have to wait until Christmas for pics), but those zippers had me questioning my choices. Footwear is a pain in the _____!
So true. That's why most of my base bodies, even if unboxed and headed, spend most of their time barefoot. That, and they are a bit more stable that way. But of course for most proper looks you have to go through the pain of attaching compatible footwear.

I have them on a s07c, so she’s more stable in shoes lol. But I get what you’re saying. I don’t buy footwear unless I’m reasonably certain it’ll work all the time. Unfortunately for the floppy feet out there that usually means a single standing pose for everything. For the non-floppy feet though, with standard pegs, the shoes from Vicky Secret have been fantastic for general sneakers/gym shoes for female bodies.

41Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon 4 Dec 2023 - 22:29

Tasuke

Tasuke
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Fairy_Ballerina_Multi_12_20_20

i've been struggling, over several years to aquire the perfect pair of Ballet Slippers for my Wife♥ Konomi.

Playing Jackpot with these cute ReMENT brand satin sets... about a half-dozen of them so far,
and yet another set on it's way at present (Fingers Crossed)

the pair she currently wears are the best i've managed to get hold of to date;

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 01_A1_-_Konomi_-_Nightie_10-20-23_RESIZE_40

42Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed 6 Dec 2023 - 8:15

Diana

Diana
Most of my custom figures wear TBL boots, except for one pair of plain brown boots from Super Duck's Space Girl. My floppy footed S06 is wearing those standard Vicky's Secret lace up ankle boots. And my S33 is wearing those split plastic boots that are made to look like those worn by Scarlet Witch. So at least there is SOME articulation.

I'll never again buy stiff plastic boots. Hate them. ^^

Tasuke, those slippers look good on her! Smile

43Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu 7 Dec 2023 - 0:43

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
A lot arrived today in the mail. While I appreciate the care Giantoy takes in packing their stuff for shipment, it can be a bit of a chore to cut away all the tape and plastic lol.

Anyway, I received in the mail this week:

- TBL S53
- TBL S07C (I have a problem, it is my 6th one)
- An order from EKIA Hobbies
- An Ebay order

Tomorrow I receive an Etsy order.

Now for pics and a quick comment on the items that were NOT TBL bodies. (I will replace with Flickr tomorrow, along with more photos (on Flickr so I don't bombard this thread)).

Here is Yuki on the WB AT201 with the D-cup chest piece wearing the SA Toys 026C yoga set. The jacket is very nice and fits a wide range of bodies quite well, though zipping it up on the more "blessed" bodies can take some squishing/adjusting. Just be careful with the zipper. There is no sign of color bleed. I ordered all three (the Green/Grey, the Blue/Black, and the Purple/Pink). Most annoying aspect is the "Calvin Klein" logos.

Yuki
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 53383508689_9361d24512_kDOAL5170 by T E, on Flickr

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 53383633015_89299003c6_kDOAL5176 by T E, on Flickr

Next is some more SA Toys outfits mixed together.

Here is Ayane mixing the Purple/Pink set from above with the SA Toys Purple Hip Hop set. I am working on a more "casual wear" set of clothing for my DOA characters. Ayane is wearing the sweat pants from the hip hop set, and the white tank top/purple jacket from the SAT 026 sets.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 53382273197_b1f8b209b3_kDOAL5220 by T E, on Flickr

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 53383632975_4ffeac4a74_kDOAL5284 by T E, on Flickr

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 53383196986_582a900141_kDOAL5293 by T E, on Flickr

Kasumi has on a couple things from ebay (nouveautoys among others) and machinegun figures: A pair of leggings, fur lined boots (Uggs? Is that what they're supposed to be?), and a few different tops (thin hoodie from ebay, white top from SA Toys from Machinegun).

And yes, she stands very nicely in those boots for being floppy footed! No worries at all of her falling over (plus they are super grippy of the ground).

Also, the black leggings that nouveautoys sells are incredible. They are thicker, soft, stretchy, form fitting and just a really solid quality. I've very happy with them!

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 53383509589_2b3773e22c_kDOAL5243 by T E, on Flickr

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 53383509584_6f5807b7a5_kDOAL5247 by T E, on Flickr

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 53382274092_f75bc1bbfc_kDOAL5339 by T E, on Flickr

The final piece of the outfit puzzle will be here tomorrow, so photos will appear then. I hope it works, I kinda ordered this last piece blindly on Etsy.

And for those familiar with what I tend to make, yes that is a new Kasumi head. More on that in a different coming thread.

44Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu 7 Dec 2023 - 2:54

BAMComix

BAMComix
They looks really cute! Very Happy

45Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu 7 Dec 2023 - 9:10

Tasuke

Tasuke

Somehow... i had totally overlooked this ♥Cutie Pie♥ when she released back in 2011.

Well... ♥She's Coming Home for Christmas in 2023♥

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 51ShGvsnuVL._AC_SL1000_

46Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu 7 Dec 2023 - 9:47

davidd

davidd
Tasuke wrote:
Somehow... i had totally overlooked this ♥Cutie Pie♥ when she released back in 2011.

Well... ♥She's Coming Home for Christmas in 2023

Nice Christmas present to yourself! That's a cutie, all right!

47Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu 7 Dec 2023 - 9:47

Triniarin

Triniarin
Arrived first purchases from Black Friday

Rem (Ram is coming, i mean her sis not RAM to laptop Smile)
MR.TOYS MT2020-05 (aah version i will buy later)
On WorldBox AT201
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 PXL-20231204-162756724

On TBL-Phicen S36A
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 PXL-20231206-173040765-MP

I bought two bodies, as i think that i can make mistake with skin color and proportions... And well, as head is huge, proportion on 36A are strange, but something like as proportions of anime figures of same size.
for comparsion
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 PXL-20231207-142823600-MP

So which body is better?

48Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu 7 Dec 2023 - 12:26

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Rem is quite popular this week.

49Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu 7 Dec 2023 - 12:29

madnug

madnug
MeMyself&I wrote:A lot arrived today in the mail. While I appreciate the care Giantoy takes in packing their stuff for shipment, it can be a bit of a chore to cut away all the tape and plastic lol.

Anyway, I received in the mail this week:

- TBL S53
- TBL S07C (I have a problem, it is my 6th one)
- An order from EKIA Hobbies
- An Ebay order

nice quality clothing, hope to see the S53 pics / review soon

50Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu 7 Dec 2023 - 16:13

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ok, people, I feel like I have to issue a reminder that this is not an adult side, and "doll eroticism" and potentially exhibitionist "NSFW" imagery don't really belong here. I've had to remove some content, even if it was in a spoiler, as it seemed a little too much to be merely educational. Particularly troubling is the potentially implied (whether intended or not) sexualization of seemingly underage characters.

Please consult the Forum Policies, upon which such decisions are made.

51Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu 7 Dec 2023 - 16:46

davidd

davidd
What's this? Another set of doll boots?

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 53382601333_095b1c054e_z

Yes, it's another pair of doll boots, or action figure boots, and these cost even more than the other ones I purchased recently, nearly twice as much, in fact.

These DiD brand (that's an action figure manufacturing company) cavalry boots are, however, more than twice as nice as the plastic boots pictured a few days ago, and feature genuine-ish leather-like material and detailed laces with metal grommets and straps with buckles and a cloth lining.

The problem is... because I always look at the glass as being half empty no matter how full it is... that I don't actually need these boots anymore; or at least not right now. I purchased the boots to go with an ill-advised set of action figure clothing I bought a while back that was intended to go on the figure that ended up wearing the Flash Gordon costume.

If I don't need these boots, why did I buy them would be a logical question. My somewhat less than logical explanation is that I purchased the clothing set which the boots will compliment from an online seller before I won the eBay auction for the Flash Gordon uniform, not knowing I would run across the Flash Gordon outfit, and not knowing at the time that I would need to purchase better boots for that set. These boots turned up for sale after I won the Flash Gordon set, and boots like this are somewhat uncommon and usually cost more than what I paid for these, so I elected to purchase them to maybe someday eventually use with the clothing set that I no longer have a corresponding figure for.

Installing the figure body in the Flash Gordon costume required considerable effort, and some of the parts might not come off again without a high chance of damage, so I am unlikely to be switching outfits on that particular figure.

I know, I know, what's the point of playing with dolls if you can't change their clothes? What else is there to do with dolls? Stand them on a shelf to creep out your friends?

The problem is a minor problem. I am not experiencing the same level of Existential Angst I did after buying the expensive cheap plastic boots. These are nice boots, and they look good outside the door of the surf shack -- yeah, like anybody is going to take twenty minutes to unlace their cavalry boots before going inside a surf shack. Despite my best intentions (that is, weak at best), I'm likely to end up with another action figure in the not too distant future who will need some riding boots. Action figures always seem to need boots.

52Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri 8 Dec 2023 - 1:03

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
I really need to learn to tell time as it is nearly 1am, but I digress. lol. As promised, I did indeed receive the next installment of clothing related item(s), this time from an Etsy shop. Also, as a side note, I did update the photos in my prior post to links to Flickr, so now they don't look like out of focus messes.

The item I received today is a simple item: a sweater/cardigan thing. I am not good with clothing titles, I just know it looked warm and fit Kasumi's personality, which is what I wanted.

A quick review of it and some pictures.

The sweater (as I will call it) was originally designed to fit other doll types, namely blythe and poppy parker (both of which I had no real understanding of prior). Some google research later, and I found that the measurements were actually quite similar in important ways to TBL bodies.

Combined with the listing photos, I determined that the sleeves would be more 3/4 length, and the shoulders could be interesting. Well, I got exactly what I thought I would on both counts. Overall the sweater is extremely soft, is a good length, and after a slight bit of fussing, fits her nicely. It is a bit oversized, mostly in the shoulder, but it is in no way a deal breaker. In fact I ordered a different sweater/cardigan thing (white with pockets) and a jacket (similar style, but cut off at the waist. Looks kinda like a crop top but isn't?).

The shop is EmbroideryDollsGoods on etsy. Fast shipping, good quality, good price ($20USD on average for what I purchased). The below photos are on the TBL S07C.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 53382266017_fa538dfc93_kDOAL5455 by T E, on Flickr

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 53383363623_7689206e1e_kDOAL5456 by T E, on Flickr

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 53382266007_b17a381a37_kDOAL5461 by T E, on Flickr

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 53382266022_bb2580a783_kDOAL5437 by T E, on Flickr

53Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri 8 Dec 2023 - 2:38

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great additions guys! Love those boots, Dave!

54Your Latest Purchase... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun 10 Dec 2023 - 7:24

Diana

Diana
Nice boots and nice cardigan! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum