OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Latest Purchase...

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 40]

601Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:00 am

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Well, I just did my "Black Friday" shopping and picked up the following in stock items from Timewalker:

Glenn Rhee, since I have Maggie on PO:

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 Extern70

2 of these bodies (one of which is already designated for a custom project in the works -- not made by me -- of Brendan Fraser from The Mummy):

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 Gc-jxs10

And Redman Toys (Mina Harker), which I plan to use for my Western Era (getting rid of that $#!tty hat though):

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 Redman10

602Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:52 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Nice finds, Mark.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

603Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:01 pm

skywalkersaga

Your Western lineup seems to be really coming together, Stryker!

604Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:40 pm

SithDarkLordDFC

BELIEVE IT OR NOT . . .

I actually opened this and set it up on my desk . . . displayed.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 26059510

605Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:52 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Is that as far as you got in terms of opening up and displaying it? Smile

606Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:05 pm

SithDarkLordDFC

SithDarkLordDFC
GubernatorFan wrote:Is that as far as you got in terms of opening up and displaying it? Smile

--

No.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 20211210

~ Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 23116610

607Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:31 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ah, sweet.

608Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:47 am

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
So, the things I have bought recently:
Banshee AD.2050.I - Stealth Warrior (Dark Version)

The King Of Fighters XIV - Leona Heidern

REDMAN TOYS Blade Rick

Living Dead - Ms Wong Set

A bunch if NAM items (backpacks, pouches, LBE), and some other assorted gear and weapons.

609Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:11 am

csyeung

csyeung
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 Dsc02919
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 Dsc02920

Grabbed this outfit off feebay recently. I think it's a fairly new company, they have like a couple older sets before this. The yellow is more a greenish yellow than the bright yellow in the pictures. Still, nice to have more color in the collection than the usual black outfits. The tiny buttons are all sewn on this piece which I have to give them credit for. Often they are just glued on. The metal stick thingy is to help you pull the buttons through the button holes I presume, cool that they included that cause it would take forever to button up. I am still waiting for head and body to arrive to kitbash this figure although this fit nicely on a 25b that I had. Also comes with a tie and black gloves and  socks (socks are closed so I presume for feet.

Edit: the hem of the dress also has a flat metal wire which I just noticed.

610Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:48 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice grab, Craig. That is indeed what that little tool is for. I often just thread a sewing needle (tie off the ends as usual), loop the tied off end around the button and thread the needle through the button hole and pull -- works just as easily, but it's always nice to have a proper tool.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 C8485110

611Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:16 am

csyeung

csyeung
Oh, that's a great tip Mark!

612Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:17 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I recently received the Jiaou Doll "Asian Shape" body (it's supposed to be the BS, or Suntan, but it looks more like the YS, or Tan), but since the idiots at Jiaou don't bother to actually put the Item Number on the box, there's no actually way to know what the hell you're actually getting.

Anyway, some quick pics and my thoughts. The body is... meh. It has virtually no shape, other than wider hips and a serious thigh gap that a teen girl would probably envy. (And, for those interested, the genitalia are highly detailed and painted, and NO, I won't be taking a photo of that). The nipples have virtually no color. The skin tone is fairly close to the grey of TBLeague's current Suntan, which is a bit of a letdown. The hands are a bit more detailed than their usual stuff, but still made out of that crappy shiny plastic. Odd that they would paint the fingernails (and rather heavy-handed at that), but not the toenails. The legs look like sticks with little to no definition, and super skinny. The biceps of the arms have slightly more definition than the legs, but not much. The butt is practically a pancake. Overall, this body is hugely disappointing to me, and I can't honestly think of a single thing I can use this for now (I was actually thinking since the promo pics didn't look all that bad, and the Suntan looked like it might be comparable to their earlier bodies, that I could use it to replace my Slave Leia, since Carrie was scary skinny then -- the older Jiaous are the only ones that match the HT Suntan, but this just simply won't do). Disappointing to say the least.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 _dsc3528
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 _dsc3529
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 _dsc3530

613Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:21 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Sorry for your disappointment, Stryker. I do not understand the ridiculously long and undefined legs. I guess the only 'benefit' is that a body like that *might* fit into some fashion doll clothing? Maybe? Though I would think the wider hips would still prevent that, so who knows. For action figure purposes, I can totally understand why it's a letdown.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

614Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:25 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, the legs especially are weird -- they basically have no shape. They're practically pencils. Even skinny girls have a shape to their legs, this looks like it was designed by someone who doesn't even have a basic understanding of anatomy.

615Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:53 am

Ovy

Ovy
Ah, sorry. But thanks for the review. Thought I might need one but didn't order it on my latest Giantoy order, because some things seemed so off, especially the legs.

Maybe you can still turn her into an alien for Jabba's Palace?

So, better stick to Chinese quality products, not those cheaply made overpriced copies from Singapore. (It really is the Chinese century I guess) Maybe the Actionfigure body cartel forces Jiaou to paint the nails red?

616Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:00 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Sorry for the disappointment, which is understandable. If I were you, I would totally use this for a nearly fully-covered up character (maybe elbows and neckline showing?), so it wouldn't be a total loss.

617Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:10 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
csyeung wrote:
Grabbed this outfit off feebay recently. I think it's a fairly new company, they have like a couple older sets before this. The yellow is more a greenish yellow than the bright yellow in the pictures. Still, nice to have more color in the collection than the usual black outfits. The tiny buttons are all sewn on this piece which I have to give them credit for. Often they are just glued on. The metal stick thingy is to help you pull the buttons through the button holes I presume, cool that they included that cause it would take forever to button up. I am still waiting for head and body to arrive to kitbash this figure although this fit nicely on a 25b that I had. Also comes with a tie and black gloves and  socks (socks are closed so I presume for feet.
That's a nice set.

618Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:34 pm

SithDarkLordDFC

SithDarkLordDFC
JIAOU DOLL . . . the 1:6 disappointment is that consistently disappointing and barely present within the 1:6 hobby.

619Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:41 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Sorry for the disappointment, which is understandable. If I were you, I would totally use this for a nearly fully-covered up character (maybe elbows and neckline showing?), so it wouldn't be a total loss.

That’s pretty much my goal. When one of those western dresses comes in, maybe it won’t be a total loss.

620Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:43 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:That’s pretty much my goal. When one of those western dresses comes in, maybe it won’t be a total loss.

I think that's the way to see it. And it's not even much of a compromise. Stick figures are easier to dress. Smile

621Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:20 pm

csyeung

csyeung
Ack, sorry to hear that the Jiaou was such a disappointment. Those hands do look super shiny. Glad you can still find it somewhat useful with the western dress.

622Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:44 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
csyeung wrote:Ack, sorry to hear that the Jiaou was such a disappointment. Those hands do look super shiny. Glad you can still find it somewhat useful with the western dress.

I’m hoping it works with that dress. I have a feeling the corset top may still not fit right on this skinny frame. And I’d most definitely lose the hands. When I made my Slave Leia using the Endor Leia from HT, I used the hands that came with that figure since they are 10x better than the Jiaou ones (plus no nail polish).

623Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:21 am

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
So, I’ve been kitbashing my own barbarian type costume and accessories for M34 over the last couple weeks (still waiting for an order from Toy Anxiety, and a primitive weapons lot from a stateside evilBayer.) I then received a holiday bonus, so ended up using that extra money and bought the first themed clothing/accessory set that I found that got me started in non-HT 1/6, the Mr. Toys He-Man set.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 1ba29310Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 C7cf7310

Over a year later and I finally bought the one item that inspired me to get into this hobby. Should be here in about three days. Also, had I known I’d have been getting a bonus, I wouldn’t have kitbashed my own and just bought this set first. Then again there’s no issue with having extra weapons and being able to mix and match to create my own character. Looking forward to finally being able to see the above setup in person.

624Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:27 am

csyeung

csyeung
Ooh, nice grab. You can always use the spare parts to have he-man fight against, or some other Eternia resident. I remember i posted a meme once thinking it was he-man but my buddy told me it was just a suitor that was interested in Teela, it's just the animation used similar style for the faces/bodies haha.

625Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:52 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I hope you love it. And customize it into something even more cool.

SithDarkLordDFC

SithDarkLordDFC
See subject.

I'm confined at home due to limited mobility (left knee problem) and recovering from Shingles.

What do I do?

I place an obscene pre-order.

What did I pre-order?

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 STL205587_5__27974.1627072145

The figure was solicited back in July/August of this year as a Previews exclusive.  I found out about it a week ago.  After a few e-mails and phone calls, a 1:6 vendor I did business with managed to accommodate me with the quantity I wanted.

The figure is scheduled to be released late January 2022/sometime in February 2022.

Now, I need to decide how many ThreeZero Power Rangers Ranger Slayer figure I want.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 H__39144.1638927114

What?

Yes.

I collect 1:6 figures from ThreeZero too. Granted, I don't care for the majority of their 1:6 offerings. However, I've been very pleased with their 1:6 GI JOE and POWER RANGERS figures.

627Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:26 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The Storm Shadow figure looks excellent. Glad you were able to order it (in multiples, no less).

628Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:40 pm

SithDarkLordDFC

SithDarkLordDFC
GubernatorFan wrote:The Storm Shadow figure looks excellent. Glad you were able to order it (in multiples, no less).

--

I didn't specify "how many" I ordered . . . "IF" . . . I ordered multiples.

Razz

629Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:12 am

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
csyeung wrote:Ooh, nice grab. You can always use the spare parts to have he-man fight against, or some other Eternia resident. I remember i posted a meme once thinking it was he-man but my buddy told me it was just a suitor that was interested in Teela, it's just the animation used similar style for the faces/bodies haha.

Yeah, I might do that… I would just need to swap M33 from the Ghostbusters cosplay (after I find a suitable seamed body replacement) and use that as the basis of the other Barbarian character. That meme story is funny, but I don’t really know too much about MOTU myself, as it was a year or two ahead of my time. My older brothers loved it, though, and had all of the original action figure line (and a few of the original extended lineup.) I just know the publicity shots of this accessory set looked cool as heck and I knew when I saw it that I had to own it. lol Laughing

Below is what has arrived for the other kitbash so far… I’m still waiting on a couple of other orders, and will likely be finishing it with a couple more, but like where it’s going.
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 E34ef310

GubernatorFan wrote:I hope you love it. And customize it into something even more cool.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 25 43a87310
I do think it’s quite awesome looking. I also like that it’s clearly He-Man, but isn’t relegated to any specific iteration of the character.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum