OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist) Empty Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist) Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:19 am

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Apparantly my backyard attracts actionfigures. Look who came riding into it.

Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist) Img_5520

Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist) Img_5521

Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist) Img_5519

Emily is a Figma 6 inch action figure. The bike was hard to pass for me. I still have to apply the decals to it.

2Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist) Empty Re: Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist) Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:38 am

Diana

Diana
OMG she is adorable!! Much thanks to your posing, too. Very Happy

3Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist) Empty Re: Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist) Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:17 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Diana wrote:OMG she is adorable!! Much thanks to your posing, too. Very Happy
Thank you so much!

Usually I don't like to use stands when photographing (or at all), but this time I had to for the dynamic poses.

I stumbled on her when browsing the Figma website for Girls und Panzer figures (maybe I should post pics of them too) and couldn't resist getting her.

4Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist) Empty Re: Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist) Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:16 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
She is adorable! I know figma has done quite a few of these figures, but I don’t remember seeing this one before.

5Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist) Empty Re: Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist) Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:26 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She is definitely adorable, but be very very careful with Figma joints.

6Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist) Empty Re: Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist) Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:53 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I guess I’ve been lucky. I’ve had Figma joints come loose but they always popped back in. I’ve only had one actually break on me (knock on wood) and that was Darkness’ elbow joint.

7Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist) Empty Re: Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist) Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:44 pm

Adeno

She's very cute! I wonder if Emily's boyfriend/hubby has a name lol!

8Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist) Empty Re: Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist) Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:40 am

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Xavion2004 wrote:She is adorable!  I know figma has done quite a few of these figures, but I don’t remember seeing this one before.
Thanks! Indeed there are a few more Emily figures, from the top of my head: school uniform, blazer, swimsuit, weddingdress (2).

GubernatorFan wrote:She is definitely adorable, but be very very careful with Figma joints.
Thanks!

Adeno wrote:She's very cute! I wonder if Emily's boyfriend/hubby has a name lol!
Thanks! I think his name is Ryo.

9Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist) Empty Re: Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist) Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:57 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
I added some finishing touches to the bike (painted the chain, discbrakes and seatpost) and added the decals.

Emily took a good look at it, I think she's pleased Smile She put the bottle in the cage, put her sunglasses on and went for a ride.

Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist) Img_5524

Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist) Img_5523

Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist) Img_5522

Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist) Img_5525

Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist) Img_5526

Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist) Img_5527

Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist) Img_5528

10Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist) Empty Re: Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist) Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:22 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Very nice work with the decals and especially the painting. I really envy those of you that can add those little finishing touches that make a figure or accessory really stand out. Customizing, no matter how much or how little is done, takes a combination of patience and restraint that I just don’t have. If I try to do anything to alter a production figure, it rarely ends well, but the work you did here turned out beautifully.

11Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist) Empty Re: Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist) Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:23 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice level of detail (and detailing), especially for something this small.

12Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist) Empty Re: Emily (Figma balljointed cyclist) Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:47 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Xavion2004 wrote:Very nice work with the decals and especially the painting.   I really envy those of you that can add those little finishing touches that make a figure or accessory really stand out.  Customizing, no matter how much or how little is done, takes a combination of patience and restraint that I just don’t have.  If I try to do anything to alter a production figure, it rarely ends well, but the work you did here turned out beautifully.  
Thanks! I've been building modelkits since I'm about 10 years old and have done a fair bit of modelrailroading (N-scale, 1:160), although I have had (long) periods of not doing any.

The things I do are pretty basic modelling. Someone like tankgirlfuzzy or Lynkhart put more detail (and effort) into it than me.

GubernatorFan wrote:Nice level of detail (and detailing), especially for something this small.
Thanks! It turned out quite nice. Although in the pictures I notice that one of the decals on the front wheelrim doesn't sit quite right. I also think it's a bit of a shame that they put the lettering and effect for the wheels all in black. The lettering would have been better in white, I think. It would have stood out more, and been easier to correctly apply.

I also kinda wish they had decals of Bianchi (a cyclingbrand), since the color of the bike is pretty near the classic color of Bianchi-bicycles. I may try to find decals for that.

As for the amount of detail: the smallest details are always about the same size, no matter what the scale is, i.e. on a plastic model the smallest parts are always about 1 mm.

The bike is a kit, but it just snaps together. Only the steer and the saddle are glued. This means I could take itapartto paint (I realized this when I started building it, so knew I didn't need to paint it all beforehand). Also the painting of the chain and brakediscs didn't have to be that perfect, in fact some imperfection is better, because the black then shines through and gives a suggestion of some wear and dirt.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum