OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

eBay and SpeedPAK from China

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

21eBay and SpeedPAK from China - Page 2 Empty Re: eBay and SpeedPAK from China Wed May 29, 2019 9:54 am

Stryker2011

Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:but all I'm saying is that the existence of such knock-offs definitely does not render the official versions entirely obsolete.

As evidenced by the skyrocketing prices of the originals when they become more scarce.

22eBay and SpeedPAK from China - Page 2 Empty Re: eBay and SpeedPAK from China Wed May 29, 2019 9:58 am

skywalkersaga

Stryker2011 wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:but all I'm saying is that the existence of such knock-offs definitely does not render the official versions entirely obsolete.

As evidenced by the skyrocketing prices of the originals when they become more scarce.

Indeed. :/

I know it's kind of a complicated subject, but I am glad that certain knock-offs exist....in that, if one does wish to modify something, it's nice to have something like that to use as the 'raw material', rather than have to directly alter/ruin an official piece. So if one is using it like that, then the quality difference is not such a big deal, and is perhaps even preferable.

23eBay and SpeedPAK from China - Page 2 Empty Re: eBay and SpeedPAK from China Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:20 pm

Ephiane

Hehe, Sky You can read my mind ? Exactly the Mr. Z Wolf is it Very Happy

Here´s a little fun..... from Shanghai to Hangzou and back to Shanghai and Paris is not in Germany i think  scratch

Intresting by speedpack is if the seller note something as sended, that means nothing. He only give the datas to speedpack. BtW : German Post Office Guys are meanwhile Idiots too. We all grow old and thinking it was better in the old times  Laughing

Oh, and sorry if one of us works in a post office  Wink

eBay and SpeedPAK from China - Page 2 Unbena11

24eBay and SpeedPAK from China - Page 2 Empty Re: eBay and SpeedPAK from China Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:00 pm

skywalkersaga

LOL, what a wild ride! 

Has it finally been delivered now?

25eBay and SpeedPAK from China - Page 2 Empty Re: eBay and SpeedPAK from China Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:34 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I'm going to guess not. SpeedPAK has been a nightmare ever since eBay teamed with them -- things go all over the place. I've read other horror stories in Yelp reviews, etc. about how bad SpeedPAK is, but it's not entirely SP's fault -- I lay more of the blame on eBay for choosing to do business with this company. E-express was better than these tools (it kind of makes me wonder if eBay doesn't hold a financial interest in SpeedPAK).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

eBay and SpeedPAK from China - Page 2 C8485110

26eBay and SpeedPAK from China - Page 2 Empty Re: eBay and SpeedPAK from China Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:46 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

I recently had a Horizon Indy shipped over from the US via eBay's global shipping. Yeah, I paid over the odds and had to wait a while, but, I did get a genuine unopened kit. Sure I could have paid way less for a Thai recast, but, I had to have an original. If you really want something, sometimes you just have to go out of your way to get it. You just have to be patient, occupy yourself with something else while you're waiting. Yes, things can be frustrating, life gets like that, but, it's not the end of the world.

I plan to graft Trev's SSC Raiders head onto the Horizon kit, so I may finally have an Indy I'm truly happy with.

CHEERS!

27eBay and SpeedPAK from China - Page 2 Empty Re: eBay and SpeedPAK from China Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:56 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That sounds cool, Roger.

Why is it so hard to get Harrison Ford’s likeness right...?

28eBay and SpeedPAK from China - Page 2 Empty Re: eBay and SpeedPAK from China Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:02 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Million dollar question! Some is down to poor casting, Trev (Trevor Grove) nailed Harrison right off the bat and still can, but, his heads were always poorly done by SSC. Same with all the digital ones, something goes awry between initial render and print.

I'm hoping that mine will finally do Trev's work the justice it deserves. It's a tough one, but, I want to give it my best shot.

I got lucky, it was the right kit at the right time for a decent enough price. Trev wants one now and I'm trying to find one for him.

CHEERS!

29eBay and SpeedPAK from China - Page 2 Empty Re: eBay and SpeedPAK from China Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:07 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Is Trevor still actively working for any of the big companies? I really wish someone would produce his Firefly sculpts, since QMX dropped the ball.

30eBay and SpeedPAK from China - Page 2 Empty Re: eBay and SpeedPAK from China Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:31 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think one of the JNIX heads was perfect, but I missed out on it, and now it is both impossible to find and prohibitively expensive. Roger, you did recommend a very good custom head that I did get.
For example (I think!) :
eBay and SpeedPAK from China - Page 2 S-l1600

I also tried out another that has been floating around eBay, but that one didn't look anywhere as good as the promotional images.
For example (promotional image) :
eBay and SpeedPAK from China - Page 2 S-l1600

31eBay and SpeedPAK from China - Page 2 Empty Re: eBay and SpeedPAK from China Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:37 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Trevor does work for NECA now, the Blade Runner 2049 and some of the Pennywise figures were his.

The first Han head in Guber's post is the Space Tracker, basically MJ's Indy recast with added Han hair. The second is a recast of the HT ANH head. The Space Tracker is the best, if you can find it now. It was available from OneSixthKit but that was a while ago now.

CHEERS!

32eBay and SpeedPAK from China - Page 2 Empty Re: eBay and SpeedPAK from China Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:58 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:The first Han head in Guber's post is the Space Tracker, basically MJ's Indy recast with added Han hair. The second is a recast of the HT ANH head. The Space Tracker is the best, if you can find it now. It was available from OneSixthKit but that was a while ago now.

I thought the JNIX one I liked was even better, but as far as I know it is impossible to find. Just a word of caution -- if you are getting the Space Tracker head on eBay, be careful and look for in-hand photos -- in one listing, although they also show the same promotional photo, the in-hand photos are markedly different and show an inferior product. The real thing looks very much like the promotional photos, so try to make sure you're ordering the real sculpt.

I think this is the JNIX I meant:
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/6-han-solo-jnix-sculpt-star-wars-hope-1920319226

33eBay and SpeedPAK from China - Page 2 Empty Re: eBay and SpeedPAK from China Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:12 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, I got one of those Space Tracker heads — it’s oversized and deformed looking. Horrible.

34eBay and SpeedPAK from China - Page 2 Empty Re: eBay and SpeedPAK from China Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:16 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Worked fine for me, I always though the Jnix one was a bit chubby.

CHEERS!

35eBay and SpeedPAK from China - Page 2 Empty Re: eBay and SpeedPAK from China Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:43 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Maybe Stryker got his hands on a poor cast; or like I mentioned sometimes sellers (in good faith or bad) mismatch the promotional images and actual products. I also suspect that with Han's hair, his head would lend itself to looking oversized even in he best of times.

36eBay and SpeedPAK from China - Page 2 Empty Re: eBay and SpeedPAK from China Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:45 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

This is mine:

eBay and SpeedPAK from China - Page 2 6Hi4ECM

eBay and SpeedPAK from China - Page 2 BtfbGwR

eBay and SpeedPAK from China - Page 2 Gf7bvVO

Anyway, I now have another reason to like the eBay Global Shipping. I scored a Billiken Nicholson Joker, the cheapest in the UK is £150, I got him for around £80. Big win for me and I've always wanted one, it's sealed too!

CHEERS!

37eBay and SpeedPAK from China - Page 2 Empty Re: eBay and SpeedPAK from China Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:31 pm

Wraith64

Wraith64
I too have had a run-in with speedpak. Useless! My seller was weiqazfefefe a chinese store with good feedback and over 2000 interactions. Beware of them!

I ordered a body for about $70 total. Had the usual month wait expectation since it was shipped via speedpak from China. The store addressed the packaged wrong  there was no street address so it got all the way to my town then was routed back out to never be heard from again. The post office said it was returned to the sender, speedpak would neither step in to correct or do anything and the seller did nothing as well. Of course, I and anyinecwith the tracking could see the issue and I contacted all 3 entities but no one will work with the recipient on these things ..  the shipper has to make the correction.

So yeah, buyer beware. I tried to work it out with the seller who responded only once with "Give us more time" No resolution, or even a plan...  since they were unresponsive after a month after the original delivery time frame I sought a refund from Ebay... they claimed delivery was attempted- even though it really wasn't even possible without assistance from someone in the seller/shipper stream.

So my refund was denied. The seller basically stole my $70, and I have no recourse except perhaps to pursue it with my credit card company, yet another headache to re-hash. So yes speedpak is useless.

Also, don't use weiqazfefefe on eBay. Not saying if there is no mistake made that they won't deliver as promised but they will make no effort to fix an issue if it does come up.

They only have 3 negative feedbacks for the last 12 months and one is mine.

38eBay and SpeedPAK from China - Page 2 Empty Re: eBay and SpeedPAK from China Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:40 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wraith64 wrote:So my refund was denied. The seller is stolk e my $70, and I have no recourse except perhaps to pursue it with my credit card company, yet another headache to re-hash. So yes speedpak is useless. Also, don't use weiqazfefefe on eBay. Not saying if there is no mistake made that they won't deliver as promised but they will make no effort to fix an issue if it does come up. They only have 3 negative feedbacks for the last 12 months and one is mine.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. SpeedPAK usually worked decently enough in pre-Pandemic times, maybe less so now. In this instance it sounds like the seller's fault. While there is little you can do about sellers (or this one at this point), you can protect yourself a little bit more by using PayPal. Unlike eBay, their transaction protection is (if I recall) for 6 months, and you might have been able to get your refund if you had paid through them and didn't receive your item.

39eBay and SpeedPAK from China - Page 2 Empty Re: eBay and SpeedPAK from China Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:12 pm

Wraith64

Wraith64
GubernatorFan wrote:
Wraith64 wrote:So my refund was denied. The seller is stolk e my $70, and I have no recourse except perhaps to pursue it with my credit card company, yet another headache to re-hash. So yes speedpak is useless. Also, don't use weiqazfefefe on eBay. Not saying if there is no mistake made that they won't deliver as promised but they will make no effort to fix an issue if it does come up. They only have 3 negative feedbacks for the last 12 months and one is mine.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. SpeedPAK usually worked decently enough in pre-Pandemic times, maybe less so now. In this instance it sounds like the seller's fault. While there is little you can do about sellers (or this one at this point), you can protect yourself a little bit more by using PayPal. Unlike eBay, their transaction protection is (if I recall) for 6 months, and you might have been able to get your refund if you had paid through them and didn't receive your item.

Thanks for the great tip! And so true, however I unfortunately have a separate longstanding issue with PayPal I have never been able to resolve. My ex-wife used my SSN on her account (as her SSN) - no amount of identification/verification processes have been able to straighten it out for over a decade now. I gave up on them long ago and live my life PayPal free. Really haven't missed it until now.

It's sad that the seller and eBay were both not helpful here - I have 30 or 40 other transactions through Ebay shipped from China where they went without any hitches and it's been literally decades since I have had to leave negative feedback. The real aggravation is that it's basically all in the tracking but they can only see the speedpak tracking data, once it hits the USPS it doesn't show in their system... kind of useless setup if there is an issue. The appeal process for buyers for eBay is also not user friendly. I may just stop using eBay for anything from China.

40eBay and SpeedPAK from China - Page 2 Empty Re: eBay and SpeedPAK from China Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:37 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Sorry for your troubles! For ordering from China, the best luck I've had is go to directly through GianToy's website. They always have very reliable customer service, as well.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

41eBay and SpeedPAK from China - Page 2 Empty Re: eBay and SpeedPAK from China Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:26 pm

A Man

42eBay and SpeedPAK from China - Page 2 Empty Re: eBay and SpeedPAK from China Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:13 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Well that does suck. My biggest lose with Chinese sellers and speedpak was a 5 dollar item. However I should be thankful (not) that there seems to be more and more chinese sellers unwilling to send items to Puerto Rico.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! eBay and SpeedPAK from China - Page 2 1f60e

43eBay and SpeedPAK from China - Page 2 Empty Re: eBay and SpeedPAK from China Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:11 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
Ebay is going to ditch Paypal and use Adyen instead. They are starting the switch now but we'll be able to use Paypal until 2023. Apparently Adyen's buyer protection is better than Paypal and the fees are lower.

44eBay and SpeedPAK from China - Page 2 Empty Re: eBay and SpeedPAK from China Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:38 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wraith, sorry to hear about your issues — that really sucks; but probably not as much as the crap your ex pulled with your SSN — I hope you were able to sue her for identity theft.

shazzdan wrote:Ebay is going to ditch Paypal and use Adyen instead. They are starting the switch now but we'll be able to use Paypal until 2023. Apparently Adyen's buyer protection is better than Paypal and the fees are lower.

Interesting. I hadn’t heard any of this; looks like my days of using eBay are going to be coming to an end.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum