OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Smile you're on camera

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Smile you're on camera Empty Smile you're on camera Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:45 pm

blackpool

blackpool
It was mentioned by someone not long ago that it would be fun to have a "faceapp" thread, Here it is!

Come on ladies n gents, share your 1/6th smiles! For those not aware, faceapp is a free mobile app which detects faces on pictures and allow to edit them in one click to make them older, younger, sad, happy, bald, beardy...

Keep smilin!

Smile you're on camera IMG_5966

Smile you're on camera IMG_5969

Smile you're on camera IMG_5970

Smile you're on camera IMG_2930

2Smile you're on camera Empty Re: Smile you're on camera Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:50 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That's brilliant. I'll have to see if I can do this.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Smile you're on camera C8485110

3Smile you're on camera Empty Re: Smile you're on camera Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:55 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
What a fun idea, your pics look great with it -- I will have to try it too! Very Happy

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

4Smile you're on camera Empty Re: Smile you're on camera Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:58 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Yay!
Do You have the pro version?
Those red carpet pics look very believable. You could start a fake news clickbait website.

Some silly pics of Roy and her Orrian zombie friends.

Roy and Manly Roy
Smile you're on camera SrWQ1JD

Roy Giffgy, Orrian Psycho Roy, Roy Banderas and Grandma Roy
Smile you're on camera 6BCZFbC

Omg wtf what the-
Smile you're on camera VSoVFXo

Orrsidious
Smile you're on camera KQJyfEC
Smile you're on camera F3cqAEg
Smile you're on camera CfwKV9e

Balkanski Orrianski.
Smile you're on camera LR7syTc

Hi I kill things. : )
Smile you're on camera WwAxjFR

: )
Smile you're on camera PkT6LRn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Smile you're on camera HVI1Dpt

5Smile you're on camera Empty Re: Smile you're on camera Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:12 pm

blackpool

blackpool
Awesome! I got the free version but I think I paid 1$ or 2 to remove ads and faceapp logo Smile
(to have multiple smiles on the same pic without the paying version I just edit the same picture several times, one face at a time lol)

6Smile you're on camera Empty Re: Smile you're on camera Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:37 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Blackpool and Ovy, these are remarkably good! Well spotted and well done.

7Smile you're on camera Empty Re: Smile you're on camera Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:53 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
If anyone looks like they deserve to be happy, it's this guy:

Smile you're on camera HVI1Dpt

I keep putting off paying for the app, and the default smile on any of my characters is HORRIFYING. I guess no one is ever actually happy in the wastelands. That said, these really do look incredible, and remarkably natural, and if I can ever think of a reason for any of my characters to smile, I may cave and drop the cash on it yet.

8Smile you're on camera Empty Re: Smile you're on camera Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:20 pm

Ovy

Ovy
ReverendSpooky wrote:...and if I can ever think of a reason for any of my characters to smile...
Post apocalyptic mutant nerve gas.

9Smile you're on camera Empty Re: Smile you're on camera Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:19 am

ravrohan

Ok, I want a headsculpt of Manly Roy.  Very Happy

Here's my bid.  Her outfit is a work in process, so I haven't named her until I can get a feel for the finished package.

Smile you're on camera Fig_by_ravrohan_dcyklow-fullview

I'm loving this app, thanks for sharing Smile I hadn't heard of it til today and I think it'll be great for photoshoots.

10Smile you're on camera Empty Re: Smile you're on camera Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:08 am

Peaches

Peaches
The actor who plays Mal on Firefly never seems to smile with an open mouth so I can't even check this, he also seems to stay clean shaven, but this is super fun!

Smile you're on camera 46893362192_d2a975f365_zFaceApp_1548999669667 by ingiebee, on Flickr

11Smile you're on camera Empty Re: Smile you're on camera Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:58 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Now, that’s a look I would have liked to see on Mal. Not the smile, though it is fun, it just wouldn’t have suited the character — but a little scruff looks good on him.

12Smile you're on camera Empty Re: Smile you're on camera Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:36 pm

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
That was fun!
I thinks I needs to get me this app!
Thanks for sharing!

13Smile you're on camera Empty Re: Smile you're on camera Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:55 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
Very cool. Keep 'em coming.

14Smile you're on camera Empty Re: Smile you're on camera Thu May 23, 2019 12:22 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
A Lot of Fun here. Thanks to All for showing ! Is the payment for the upgrade from free to the version with more expressions once or monthly ?

Smile you're on camera Faceap17

Smile you're on camera Faceap18

Smile you're on camera Faceap19

Smile you're on camera Faceap20

Smile you're on camera Faceap21Smile you're on camera Faceap22

Smile you're on camera Faceap23

15Smile you're on camera Empty Re: Smile you're on camera Thu May 23, 2019 12:35 pm

blackpool

blackpool
Very cool shots! This app is really fun and helpful to bring more life to the figures!

I'm not sure it is still going the same way but when I upgraded there was a 1.99 per month option, a 9.99 yearly option, and a discounted 14.99 lifetime option...

While the full option isn't necessary to have fun, it mainly removes the faceapp logo and reduces the quality loss on the pictures. About the features you get a haircolor swap tool, the closed mouth smile and grumpy/sad mouth, plenty of haircut and beards style to apply as well as some beauty and make up filters for the ladies.

The only default and I don't understand why they did that, but they removed the multiface tool, so on a groupshot you have to edit one face, save, then the next, resave...

16Smile you're on camera Empty Re: Smile you're on camera Thu May 23, 2019 1:26 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ok, I’m curious. If this only works on a tablet or phone, how do you get your pictures from your computer to the mobile device? Do you lose picture quality when doing so? I’d love to try this at some point, but I’ve never been all that computer savvy (well, I should say, doing anything that requires a ton of work on the computer makes me sleepy, and I tend to give up).

17Smile you're on camera Empty Re: Smile you're on camera Thu May 23, 2019 1:30 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Some really cool characters there that I've not seen before, Ephiane! They look great! Very Happy

And I was curious about that, too, Stryker...

18Smile you're on camera Empty Re: Smile you're on camera Thu May 23, 2019 1:32 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
That´s made for real Persons ( 1:1 ), sure. So it is only made for pictures someones forgot to smile. But Faceapp, PLEASE !.... give the App a Grim and a Scared Expression, and i swear i will buy it. I need for storytelling all facial expressions a Character can do. I use the App on a Grim Face for to see how it works, but that looks not real. So the facial expressions a Headsculpt can do with the App is neutral and two happy Emotions.

Many Thanks for the Tip, i have a lot of Fun with it

19Smile you're on camera Empty Re: Smile you're on camera Thu May 23, 2019 1:39 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Stryker2011 wrote:Ok, I’m curious. If this only works on a tablet for phone, how do you get your pictures from your computer to the mobile device? Do you lose picture quality when doing so? I’d love to try this at some point, but I’ve never been all that computer savvy (well, I should say, doing anything that requires a ton of work on the computer makes me sleepy, and I tend to give up).

skywalkersaga wrote:Some really cool characters there that I've not seen before, Ephiane! They look great! Very Happy

Thanks, Sky. I have to warn the OSF Guys here. I try to install Apps on my PC that for and get a virus. ( O.K. I´m a PC Idiot ) At last i did i on my Mobile Phone.

20Smile you're on camera Empty Re: Smile you're on camera Thu May 23, 2019 2:00 pm

blackpool

blackpool
Stryker2011 wrote:Ok, I’m curious. If this only works on a tablet for phone, how do you get your pictures from your computer to the mobile device? Do you lose picture quality when doing so? I’d love to try this at some point, but I’ve never been all that computer savvy (well, I should say, doing anything that requires a ton of work on the computer makes me sleepy, and I tend to give up).

skywalkersaga wrote:Some really cool characters there that I've not seen before, Ephiane! They look great! Very Happy

If it can be of any help I shoot with a nikon but in "fine jpeg" (the RAW format not being supported by many softwares out of Lightroom or Exposure), it gives me an image around 4000x3000 pixels in 300dpi.

To make it more web friendly without losing too much quality I reduce the size by two (about 2800x2000 pixels). It makes the pictures easier to mail, upload to hosting services or forums (I could do better, the most important value being the definition in dpi, I should change my pics from 300dpi to 72dpi which the basic web and screen resolution. But doing this the file would get crazy dimensions, I would still have to shrink it and therefore loose all the quality)

I then mail it to myself, and open the mail from my phone to donwload the pictures.

Once on whatsapp or instagram the picture gets a new compression, with the free version the resolution goes down to 72dpi while keeping the file dimensions, so the quality loss is important. On the paying version it goes down to 150dpi, still a quality loss, but way more reasonable.

21Smile you're on camera Empty Re: Smile you're on camera Thu May 23, 2019 2:00 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
But how do you upload photos from your computer to your tablet, or phone?

22Smile you're on camera Empty Re: Smile you're on camera Thu May 23, 2019 2:32 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Stryker2011 wrote:But how do you upload photos from your computer to your tablet, or phone?

I connect the Phone with the PC by using the connector cable. (USB PORT ) if it´s done You will see the Phone in your PC. Open a Picture now on Your PC and Copy / paste it into the Phone. You can open it then in the Phone and use Face App on it. Then from the Phone back to the PC and post it on OSF Laughing

23Smile you're on camera Empty Re: Smile you're on camera Thu May 23, 2019 2:49 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
If that option doesn't work for some reason, there is also the possibility of emailing the photos to yourself, then opening your email on your phone, and downloading the photos onto your phone that way. Which one is more of a hassle probably just depends on one's personal preferences... ;p

24Smile you're on camera Empty Re: Smile you're on camera Thu May 23, 2019 2:51 pm

shazzdan

shazzdan
I just store photos on microSD card and move it from the phone to the PC and back again. If you have an Apple then it sucks to be you.

25Smile you're on camera Empty Re: Smile you're on camera Thu May 23, 2019 3:55 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice work, Ephiane.

All of these workaround suggestions are fine, but there is another way of using FaceApp on your computer, and that is via an android emulator like BlueStacks. I don't like it much, but it works. Supposedly they now have a Mac version too.
https://www.bluestacks.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum