OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OSF Member Introductions . . .

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 30]

626discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 26 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:05 am

BAMComix

Welcome to osf!

627discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 26 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:30 am

Diana

Welcome avalonai2! I think many have arrived here with similar stories, including myself, though on a different timeline. Wink

Welcome aboard!

628discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 26 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:06 pm

Visisonor

Welcome, avalonai2!

629discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 26 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:24 am

Tanzenwolfe

Hi from New Zealand Smile

While quietly minding my own mid-life crisis, without enough dosh for a Morgan, I have stumbled across the action figure world.  How can I have missed this…….    

I’ve been meandering in the resin BJD world for a while, with leanings towards elves and fantasy folk, so this is a bit of a sideways jump. I enjoy attempting various crafts, diorama and sewing etc for 1:12, 1:6 and 1:4, so this will be a great excuse to add to my list of far too many projects and not enough time.

First TBLeague has landed….  

Look forward to finding more great stuff around this forum, it’s always great to know there are more of “us” out there!

discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 26 E9976d10

630discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 26 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:19 am

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Welcome aboard Tanzenwolfe. Great looking figure you have there.  Very Happy

631discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 26 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:46 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I remember that helmet. Well, Tanzenwolfe, you can certainly use the TBLeague bodies to make elves and stuff. Smile Even I caved in and got some elf heads, one of which is shown here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5591-lady-of-the-lake-part-iv-april-21-2022

632discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 26 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:09 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Welcome to osf! Great figure. I'm sure she will be the start of a great collection!

633discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 26 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:51 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome to the madness; say goodbye to your money.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 26 C8485110

634discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 26 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:48 am

davidd

davidd
Looks like you are heading in to the nice weather part of the year, while those of us in the northern hemisphere are settling in for some quality time spent indoors! Welcome to the forum! That is a colorful and dramatic image with which to introduce yourself!

635discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 26 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:35 pm

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Welcome aboard Tanzenwolfe. Great looking figure you have there.  Very Happy
Thanks so much… she’s sufficiently swashbuckling for starters, I thought Wink
GubernatorFan wrote:I remember that helmet. Well, Tanzenwolfe, you can certainly use the TBLeague bodies to make elves and stuff. Smile Even I caved in and got some elf heads, one of which is shown here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5591-lady-of-the-lake-part-iv-april-21-2022
Fantastic story board, thanks for posting that link. Glad the faun was given a chance…..
BAMComix wrote:Welcome to osf! Great figure. I'm sure she will be the start of a great collection!
Much obliged! Yes I think ‘start’ is the operative word here Very Happy
Stryker2011 wrote:Welcome to the madness; say goodbye to your money.
I’ve had a farewell ceremony already; two more preorders down…. Thanks for the welcome!
davidd wrote:Looks like you are heading in to the nice weather part of the year, while those of us in the northern hemisphere are settling in for some quality time spent indoors! Welcome to the forum! That is a colorful and dramatic image with which to introduce yourself!
Thank you and sorry, yes it’s finally spring down here  sunny  I like attempting outdoor photo scenes, usually followed by a bout of swearing when a gust of wind or feral cat gets involved… Happy indoor crafting time!

636discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 26 Empty newe to 1:6 making and this forum Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:53 pm

desertnightcreations

desertnightcreations
HI there!

I am Heather and I make mostly 1:9th scale horse tack.  I recently got a 1:6 scale Horse from Luis Aguilar that I'm in love with, Tajo, and I'd like to make some tack for him as well.  I'm just a lurker mostly, trying to get a feel for 1:6 scale things.  I can't wait to explore and see everyone's lovely creations!

Heather Moreton
https://www.facebook.com/desertnightcreations
https://www.desertnightcreations.com

637discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 26 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:11 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome aboard, Heather. I’m familiar with your neck of the woods — been there many times. Looking forward to what you do with 1/6 scale horse tack. Lucky you to have acquired one of Luis’s horses. I’m not on FB, but what i saw thru your other link looks pretty detailed. Nice work.

638discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 26 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:15 pm

desertnightcreations

desertnightcreations
Thank you so much ! Very Happy

639discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 26 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:57 pm

Timberley

Hi all, thought it best to introduce myself to all you fine people. I'm new to this hobby, having fallen into it via YouTube and watching a couple of guys rave about their collections in a livestream. I discovered Sideshow, and from there the wider world of 1/6, as I was convinced there must be more than the licensed stuff they were selling! I was used to modelling in 28mm Heroic, so coming to real fabric, plastic and metal is delightful by comparison! Plus, there's so many ways to create custom figures without having to resort to lots of modelling putty and spending a fortune on tiny plastic. At least with 1/6 it feels like I'm spending a fortune on something that's worth it!

At the moment, I'm working on figures related to my writing, being a WW2-era Necromancer and her elven nemesis, a Dragon Rider, as well as my horror/British SCP based on the black version of Miss Spetsnaz (my first purchase), and finally a PMC working for Phoenix Peacekeeping Solutions (a near future Private Peacekeeping Company set in a slightly different world to our own).

Tim

640discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 26 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:10 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Timberley wrote:Hi all, thought it best to introduce myself to all you fine people.  I'm new to this hobby, having fallen into it via YouTube and watching a couple of guys rave about their collections in a livestream.  I discovered Sideshow, and from there the wider world of 1/6, as I was convinced there must be more than the licensed stuff they were selling!  I was used to modelling in 28mm Heroic, so coming to real fabric, plastic and metal is delightful by comparison!  Plus, there's so many ways to create custom figures without having to resort to lots of modelling putty and spending a fortune on tiny plastic.  At least with 1/6 it feels like I'm spending a fortune on something that's worth it!

At the moment, I'm working on figures related to my writing, being a WW2-era Necromancer and her elven nemesis, a Dragon Rider, as well as my horror/British SCP based on the black version of Miss Spetsnaz (my first purchase), and finally a PMC working for Phoenix Peacekeeping Solutions (a near future Private Peacekeeping Company set in a slightly different world to our own).

Tim

Welcome to OSF! Looking forward to seeing your stuff Very Happy

641discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 26 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:48 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome aboard, Tim. It’s always nice to get newcomers to the hobby. Avoid buying from Sideshow if you can help it (they charge full MSRP and their shipping is grossly expensive). Kitbashing is a lot of fun, but can get expensive fast. Don’t be afraid to buy full box sets if it has a bunch of stuff you can use — it often works out to being cheaper than buying the parts loose.

642discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 26 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:58 pm

Timberley

Stryker2011 wrote:Welcome aboard, Tim. It’s always nice to get newcomers to the hobby. Avoid buying from Sideshow if you can help it (they charge full MSRP and their shipping is grossly expensive). Kitbashing is a lot of fun, but can get expensive fast. Don’t be afraid to buy full box sets if it has a bunch of stuff you can use — it often works out to being cheaper than buying the parts loose.

Thanks for the advice Mark! I bought Miss Spetsnaz for exactly that reason, and from BBTS. I've POed one thing from Sideshow, but it's definitely the last as I found BBTS (and others) a few weeks later, after which I'd already put down the first payment. It's for 1/6 Bad Batch Echo, so I'm not too concerned, as I've been looking forward to this one.

Thanks to this forum I've also discovered a wealth of other sites (and so don't need to use the dreaded eBay as much) including Machine Gun Figures, where I finally got the shirt I was looking for! Very Happy

Tim

643discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 26 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:21 pm

davidd

davidd
DeltaForceChung wrote:HELL YEAH!

HARD liquor and 1:6 figures!

You can't get better than that.

Then again . . . naked women serving hard liquor and 1:6 figures!

BRING IT ON!

Wink

lol!

I never knew the guy, but I miss him! He must have been... something else, huh?   Razz

I have been looking back through all the Introduction posts to get an idea of where the OSF forum came from and how it has evolved over the past... FIVE YEARS!

Do you realize that the FIVE YEAR ANNIVERSARY of the One Sixth Figures forum is nearly upon us? The forum came online and opened the doors to members on the 30th of March 2018 (although the founders actually joined a day earlier).

Are there any special events planned to celebrate a successful FIVE YEARS online?

I noticed, in looking back through the member introductions, is that many of the members who are active today were "early adopters," having joined OSF during the first few days or first few weeks. By comparison, I am a 'n00b,' having joined only a couple of years ago.

It's rare that a specialty forum survives in the current era of Facebook and Instagram and TikTok and whatever other social media fads are out there. I've seen a number of forums rise and fall over my time in the toy and figure hobby. That this forum not only survives, but thrives, is a testament to the founders, to the admin, and to the membership.

644discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 26 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:20 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:I never knew the guy, but I miss him! He must have been... something else, huh?   Razz

I have been looking back through all the Introduction posts to get an idea of where the OSF forum came from and how it has evolved over the past... FIVE YEARS!

Do you realize that the FIVE YEAR ANNIVERSARY of the One Sixth Figures forum is nearly upon us? The forum came online and opened the doors to members on the 30th of March 2018 (although the founders actually joined a day earlier).

Are there any special events planned to celebrate a successful FIVE YEARS online?

I noticed, in looking back through the member introductions, is that many of the members who are active today were "early adopters," having joined OSF during the first few days or first few weeks. By comparison, I am a 'n00b,' having joined only a couple of years ago.

It's rare that a specialty forum survives in the current era of Facebook and Instagram and TikTok and whatever other social media fads are out there. I've seen a number of forums rise and fall over my time in the toy and figure hobby. That this forum not only survives, but thrives, is a testament to the founders, to the admin, and to the membership.

Yes, time flies when you're having fun. I don't know what, if anything could be done to celebrate the five-year anniversary; I've been too busy with work to look up. One could only hope some of our previously active contributors would make a habit of coming back more often, and not just when they have something to show. DFC cannot do that, for obvious reasons, unless he chooses to haunt us. He was absolutely instrumental in setting up this forum and encouraging us every step of the way, and an active contributor for a long time, until he had some sort of meltdown over what should have been a trivial issue. His departure (and essentially self-imposed exile, since he had several chances to come back) was much regretted, although I know his humor and challenges were not always to everyone's taste. This would be an example of what does not, in principle, belong in this forum (and even DFC sorta knew where to draw the line, much of the time), since it is not an adults only venue.

645discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 26 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:34 pm

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
five years??? wow, been a while not that I felt it though, still feels like the "new" site to me. I know this forum as a sort of continuation of OSW as I recall things going kinda naff back there so folk migrated here, so to me it feels like.... 15 years? hard to keep track. DFC and Action Man are the 2 I feel that after losing made the tone just never felt the same again. Hopefully we get more distinct voices over time especially since other platforms like Facebook etc are a mono culture nowadays.

646discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 26 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:50 pm

OSFModerator1

OSFModerator1
Greetings all.
Just testing out a new experiment designed to allow us, the forum moderators, to use a shared account for certain public purposes.

Cheers, GubernatorFan and the OSF gang.

647discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 26 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:59 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
OSFModerator1 wrote:Greetings all.
Just testing out a new experiment designed to allow us, the forum moderators, to use a shared account for certain public purposes.

Nice idea - I like the avatar.

648discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 26 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:48 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:
OSFModerator1 wrote:Greetings all.

Nice idea - I like the avatar.
Thank you (speaking as myself). Smile

649discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 26 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:12 am

cdn_rhino

Hi folks, I just rediscovered I signed up as a member here about 4 years back. I found an old password note that I had started up here. And then never posted. Go figure.

Some of you may remember me from the OSW days. Still using the old username from "over there". In fact, still one of the "Old Guard" keeping the fire lit there as well.

I've slowed down in the 1:6 game in the past few years, but I just can't seem to get out. Last year saw me back in again, spending too much... sort of, but enjoying it more than I have in quite a few years. So I'll try and make some posts here to keep active in this hobby.

For those who don't remember me, or know me yet, I'm mostly a military figure guy, but I do enjoy sci-fi, movie, and custom figures as well.

About time I finally posted here.

650discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 26 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:09 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
cdn_rhino, looking forward to seeing your work.

651discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 26 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:23 am

Diana

Diana
Welcome to the boards, even if it's four years late. Nice of you to stop by again! Very Happy

652discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 26 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:17 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
cdn_rhino, nice to see you back here. I think many of us have slowed down periodically or gradually, but I hope this is a place that draws us back in. And I am most impressed that you were able to find your old password!

653discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 26 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:06 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Nice to see another of the old guard come back. Glad to see you found your old password.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 26 1f10

654discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 26 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed May 31, 2023 4:45 pm

Trazmatix

Hello, my name is Traz.

I am new to TBLeague, having bought my first body on a whim in December. This month I decided to buy a second one due to the colour not being completely what I wanted and repurposed the old body for a different project.

I wanted to recolour the old body and was looking for reliable methods to do so. I found this forum where it was suggested that oil pastels would work and it worked wonders.

I alternated between carefully applying Pentel 'Pale Brown' and 'Pale Orange' while trying to blend with a makeup sponge. I somehow managed to get it to look perfect. I am just waiting on some model paint for the hands/feet.

I am very thankful for the shared information in this forum and would like to stick around for a bit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 30]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum