OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mr Z Yili horse in hand mini review. - Picture heavy

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Jean Ross

Ephiane wrote:Fantastic Pictures , Jean Ross ! You should show us more of Your Work  Wink  I´m a little confused now, may i ask for the label of the big and the short one ?
As I have finally figured out how to load pictures, I can participate more. I have attempted about a dozen times since I joined this forum, and couldn't upload a picture to save my life!
Jean

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Jean Ross wrote:
Ephiane wrote:Fantastic Pictures , Jean Ross ! You should show us more of Your Work  Wink  I´m a little confused now, may i ask for the label of the big and the short one ?
As I have finally figured out how to load pictures, I can participate more. I have attempted about a dozen times since I joined this forum, and couldn't upload a picture to save my life!
Jean

Sorry to hear you were having such trouble. In the future feel free to contact one of the mods, as we can help you. There’s also this link:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t169-recommended-image-posting-procedure

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Sorry to hear you were having such trouble. In the future feel free to contact one of the mods, as we can help you. There’s also this link:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t169-recommended-image-posting-procedure

Or check out the How to...? thread at this link:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1767-how-to

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

skywalkersaga

Glad to see you around, Jean Ross — your contributions here are greatly appreciated! Smile

Tony Barton

Thanks to Delanie for the review and everyone for the discussion. I do feel that this Yili horse is the best one yet offered : it really is a convincing looking model. I can see the appeal of the "Hanoverian" as a smaller animal, but the stance doesn't really convince me, I'm sorry to say.
The problem is finding one.
I had bookmarked a Yili some months back on a German dealer, only to find that they disappeared before I got the chance to buy one ! And Machinegun, who have them listed on Preview,still don't seem to have any in stock yet.
Perhaps there will be another batch appearing soon, we can only hope.
It looks perfect for a European cavalry mount, where 16h was nothing unusual, though smaller animals were rather more common.
BTW , if anyone needs metal military style stirrups and bits,for making their own saddlery, I can often help out from my stock.

Delanie

Delanie
Thanks Tony,

I bought mine from machinegun, the don't have a pre order policy was notified by the wishlist system about the grey when they had them in but by the time i got home from work to log in it had gone (didn't have password for my account with me duh and no time to go and change it while at work) so took it with me the next day and the next and the next until they had un packed the chestnut.

I'm hoping they will get more I suspect from the box they shipped mine in that they only had 3 delivered.

I wont be holding my breath1 i might email Pierre to see if they have more on order

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Tony Barton wrote:Thanks to Delanie for the review and everyone for the discussion. I do feel that this Yili horse is the best one yet offered : it really is a convincing looking model. I can see the appeal of the "Hanoverian" as a smaller animal, but the stance doesn't really convince me, I'm sorry to say.
The problem is finding one.
I had bookmarked a Yili some months back on a German dealer, only to find that they disappeared before I got the chance to buy one ! And Machinegun, who have them listed on Preview,still don't seem to have any in stock yet.
Perhaps there will be another batch appearing soon, we can only hope.
It looks perfect for a European cavalry mount, where 16h was nothing unusual, though smaller animals were rather more common.
BTW , if anyone needs metal military style stirrups and bits,for making their own saddlery,  I can often help out from my stock.

Glad I'm not crazy for thinking the Yili is the more convincing model. I agree with you completely, re: the stance -- that is one of the things that bothers me about the 'Hanoverian' horse. It's much better than some of the other offerings out there, but the front leg position irks me. Horse don't bend their knees like that or have their front leg so forward when standing still, and it doesn't suggest any particular gait either. But I was trying not to nitpick it too much, lol. Wink I sometimes suspect they make these awkward stances on these models in order to make them more 'stable', as in, not so easily knocked over or something. But it does make it seem 'off' to one who is familiar with how real horses move ...or stand still, in this case. ;P 

Thanks for the offer of the stirrups and bits... I'm not currently doing any military stuff like that, but if you have  anything that was appropriate for British WWI cavalry [c. 1914-1916], I might be interested later on down the road. 

And Delanie, I also noticed that Machinegun or however you spell it says they have some Yili's on 'pre order', but I have had no response from them when enquiring about if or when they ever will be in stock. Guess we'll just have to wait and see, but knowing my luck I will probably miss out even if they do come back in stock there, sigh. Do let us know what you find out though.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Very impressive, it's nice to see a company delivering on what they promise in promos.

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Man, what I wouldn’t give to get one of these horses today.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Mr Z Yili horse in hand mini review. - Picture heavy - Page 3 C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Here's why you always need to be careful with the size (Warning: some NSFW language.) :

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
What in the world... That was weird and funny all at the same time, Roger.

And that is why I’m not going to settle for one of the readily available Hanoverian’s out there — they’re just too small. I wish there was a way to get ahold of Mr. Z and ask them to (actually beg them) to either make horses of a large stature like the Yili (Ili?), or produce more of them. They have to be aware of how quickly they sold out.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker — the closest I got to getting in touch with them was last year when I managed to email the team that sculpts some of Mr. Z’s dogs ( the Corgi’s, I believe). I explained everything (about preferred breeds , poses, and sizes), saying that a suitable 1/6 ‘riding horse’ was a dearth that needed to be filled. They told me they would pass on the message to Mr.Z. No idea if they ever did or not....

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That's a really nice horse, don't know much about them since I'm more of a bird person but I do know my dad's uncle had a horse that carried him home once he was too drunk to walk. 🤣

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Mr Z Yili horse in hand mini review. - Picture heavy - Page 3 1f60e

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Theboo-bomb wrote:That's a really nice horse, don't know much about them since I'm more of a bird person but I do know my dad's uncle had a horse that carried him home once he was too drunk to walk. 🤣

You should never drink and horse...

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:What in the world...  That was weird and funny all at the same time, Roger.

And that is why I’m not going to settle for one of the readily available Hanoverian’s out there — they’re just too small. I wish there was a way to get ahold of Mr. Z and ask them to (actually beg them) to either make horses of a large stature like the Yili (Ili?), or produce more of them. They have to be aware of how quickly they sold out.

Yeah, but, all those mods can break the game and I've got things just the way I want them now, so I'm not about to take any unnecessary risks. Mr Z must have a site or some form of social media presence.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:Mr Z must have a site or some form of social media presence.

None of my Google searches have bore fruit on that front. Just the same retailers listing their products. How, in this day and age, a company can actually stay under the radar is beyond me.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I thoroughly enjoyed that, Roger, thanks.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Wow! That's one beautiful horse!

59Mr Z Yili horse in hand mini review. - Picture heavy - Page 3 Empty Trying to find one Wed 4 Nov 2020 - 20:48

Siosin

Delanie wrote:Hi folks,

Yesterday i received my order from Machnegun-figures which included my very first truly 1/6th horse.

Mr Z Yili horse in hand mini review. - Picture heavy - Page 3 HqfMfAS

I hope this was useful

Susanna

I've been trying to find one of these figures anywhere to no avail, I want one so bad! Does anyone know where I could find one, or if anyone might be selling one?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Which horse is that? I don’t see the Ili’s available from them again yet.

Delanie

Delanie
That picture was from my original post I have not heard they have any more in stock. I suspect the next horse I get might be the 'golden' horse model (sorry cant remember the original post name. I wasn't impressed with their rendition of the 'arabian'

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Siosin -- I completely understand your frustration! I want one badly as well, but completely missed my chance, too. :'( These Yili horses sold out completely by approximately April 2019, and then were only available sporadically from re-sellers for a few months after. The places that said they would have them back in stock never got them in again. I believe they were a very limited run and also very popular, and sold out completely.

I actually contacted someone who is connected to Mr.Z company (I believe they are part of the side company that sculpts some of Mr.Z's canine sculptures), and even asked them if any more Yili horses would ever be made. They sounded like there was not much of a chance of that, unfortunately. I did explain how nice these horses were (the best mass-produced 1/6 horses I've seen so far) and that I thought if they could create something comparable, it would also sell very well. They told me further equine models would be produced, but probably new/different ones, and to look out for those in future.

Well, many months later and we had an announcment for the Mr. Z 'Golden Horse' Akhal-Teke model:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2977-new-product-mr-z-1-6th-simulation-animal-no-48-akhal-teke-golden-horse-blood-sweat-bmw-full-set-of-6-colors?highlight=akhal+teke

It's not as good a pose as the Yili (at least for me, I prefer neutral, non-action poses it those are more versatile), but it is a nice looking model, which seems similar to the taller size/height of the Yili model.

These are still available for pre-order, but they seem to be going fast.

Alternatively, there are also still some of the Mr.Z 'Hanoverian' model available:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-6th-Mr-Z-Animal-Germany-Hanoverian-Horse-Fit-12-Soldier-Figure-Race-Horses/173910317879?hash=item287ddcdb37:g:DrQAAOSwoDNc5MPx

These are decent 1/6 horses (better than a lot out there). The only downside is they are a bit shorter in stature, and for some people's tastes are thus a bit awkward  for taller male action figures to ride. Personally I don't mind this model, I think it is quite cute, albeit completely misnamed as it looks nothing like an actual Hanoverian warmblood (looks more like some kind of Arabian/Quarter Horse mix). I'm planning to use my Mr.Z Hanoverian as a mount for a petite female character, so I think it will work out ok. : )

Which horses appeal to you depends on personal taste -- of all the ones released by Mr.Z so far, the Yili was the most attractive to my eyes, but sadly I missed out. So I have the Mr.Z Hanoverian and Mr. Z. Shire horse (the Shire is also now sold out) instead, and they are both very well-made models that I am happy to own. I'm definitely considering a Mr.Z Akhal-Teke, as I will probably regret it if I miss out on that one too.

Mr.Z also recently put out an 'Arabian' model, which I personally am not overly keen on, but others might be interested so I'll link to it here:  

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3152-new-product-mr-z-1-6-imitation-animal-no-51-arabian-horse-full-set-of-5-colors?highlight=mr+z+arabian

There are other mass-produced 1/6 scale horses made by different companies, but in my opinion most of them are nowhere near the same quality as Mr.Z horses.

Siosin

@skywalkersaga thank you so much for the info, it's good to know at least that I can stop wasting my time searching. Still though what a shame, it's the best looking horse model I've ever seen and quite popular by the sounds of it. Strange that they wouldn't capitalize on a second release.
I did pre-order the akhal-teke model as a backup so at least I won't be missing out on that one either Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Siosin wrote:@skywalkersaga thank you so much for the info, it's good to know at least that I can stop wasting my time searching. Still though what a shame, it's the best looking horse model I've ever seen and quite popular by the sounds of it. Strange that they wouldn't capitalize on a second release.
I did pre-order the akhal-teke model as a backup so at least I won't be missing out on that one either Smile

No problem! I am so sorry for your disappointment and share it myself. Sad I think the Yili horse was a joint release that Mr.Z did with another company, so perhaps that explains it.

Glad you are going to get the Akhal-Teke, at least! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum