OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

21hottoys - STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story - Page 2 Empty Re: STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:41 am

Rogerbee

Founding Father

Threepio's naked again!

CHEERS!

22hottoys - STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story - Page 2 Empty Re: STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:38 am

skywalkersaga

LOL, Roger. 

And thanks, GF. Wink

23hottoys - STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story - Page 2 Empty Re: STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:58 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Yes, good one Roger... and welcome S.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

24hottoys - STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story - Page 2 Empty Re: STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:53 am

Stryker2011

Founding Father
I trust you had a damaged body you peeled the skin off of...

25hottoys - STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story - Page 2 Empty Re: STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:40 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:I trust you had a damaged body you peeled the skin off of...

I have often mentioned my disdain for M31 and its faulty wrists (which may have been just something wrong with the first batches) and unsightly elbows (which was a design fault) -- this led to the flaying of one of the bodies, and the exposing of the interior stainless steel skeleton.

26hottoys - STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story - Page 2 Empty Re: STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:38 am

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
That's pretty interesting to see a Phicen body completely skinned down. Ironically, my M32's wrist pegs loosened earlier than my M31, the former of which recently literally broke off. Granted I did have the M32 a few months in advance, though I do not think I was that harsh on it as my first Phicen, perhaps it was one of the earlier models?

27hottoys - STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story - Page 2 Empty Re: STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:16 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
AlKelAstra91 wrote:Ironically, my M32's wrist pegs loosened earlier than my M31, the former of which recently literally broke off. Granted I did have the M32 a few months in advance, though I do not think I was that harsh on it as my first Phicen, perhaps it was one of the earlier models?

It could vary with different batches of products. If the problem was the same as I experienced with M31 (but no other TBLeague male body) and with some of the female bodies, it comes down to the brace securing the metal wrist pegs in the bottom of the lower arm -- it is theoretically fixable, but not really permanently and not securely, and you might damage the silicon skin by rolling it back to try repairs. Very annoying.

28hottoys - STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story - Page 2 Empty Re: STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:57 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
With loose wrist peg joints I pull the skin back just far enough to get a needle nose pliers on the joint and squeeze the crap out of it until it’s more secure.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

hottoys - STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story - Page 2 C8485110

29hottoys - STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story - Page 2 Empty Re: STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:06 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:With loose wrist peg joints I pull the skin back just far enough to get a needle nose pliers on the joint and squeeze the crap out of it until it’s more secure.

That's the theory. In my experience, it just doesn't work well as a solution (though it does seem to be the best solution available). The wrist pegs do get reattached to the lower arms, but they remain very floppy and easily become undone again. But perhaps I haven't managed to squeeze the little bottom crimp tight enough -- at any rate, they should have done a better job with it to begin with, and allowed it to remain locked in place.

30hottoys - STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story - Page 2 Empty Re: STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:27 pm

davidd

davidd
The beach scene with the Corona beers is excellent! So many perfect little details! And how appropriate to use a beach blanket to represent, you know, the beach!

And nice call about so many people in advertisements facing away from the ocean! Razz

31hottoys - STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story - Page 2 Empty Re: STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:02 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:The beach scene with the Corona beers is excellent! So many perfect little details! And how appropriate to use a beach blanket to represent, you know, the beach!

And nice call about so many people in advertisements facing away from the ocean! Razz

Glad you liked it, and got the implicit humor too! And to think this whole thing simply started with a de-necking tutorial. Smile

32hottoys - STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story - Page 2 Empty Re: STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:23 am

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
That's a wonderful beachscene!

And about the skeleton: I see you did put on the hands and feet, but no head. It probably would be funny with a head. It's almost a very basic robotdesign.

33hottoys - STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story - Page 2 Empty Re: STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:48 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Nice to revive older threads. This one was one of the funniest stories I've read not gonna lie!
Nearly any bubble was a great punch line and the sand meme stuff from the movie cracks me up.

Great episode all around!

34hottoys - STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story - Page 2 Empty Re: STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:12 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
TravelGuide wrote:That's a wonderful beachscene! And about the skeleton: I see you did put on the hands and feet, but no head. It probably would be funny with a head. It's almost a very basic robotdesign.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it. Of course, not a real environment like yours. As for the skeleton, someone just wanted to see it compared to that body (although they are different bodies, the basic design is surely the same). But it does look a bit like a robot, doesn't it?

Valiarde wrote:Nice to revive older threads. This one was one of the funniest stories I've read not gonna lie! Nearly any bubble was a great punch line and the sand meme stuff from the movie cracks me up. Great episode all around!

Thank you very much for the high praise. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Funny you guys dug this one up now, because a little tutorial that will be presented somewhat similarly is about to get posted. Smile

35hottoys - STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story - Page 2 Empty Re: STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:34 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Good ol' anakin doing what has to be done. I wonder if he gets furious whenever he hears the words sand trooper. 😄

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! hottoys - STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story - Page 2 1f60e

36hottoys - STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story - Page 2 Empty Re: STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:35 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Laughing Laughing Very cool!

37hottoys - STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story - Page 2 Empty Re: STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:50 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Theboo-bomb wrote:Good ol' anakin doing what has to be done. I wonder if he gets furious whenever he hears the words sand trooper. 😄

Funny. Nah, I think he's fine with sand -- or pretending he is. Smile He is almost a paragon of dutiful ("I must obey my master").

BAMComix wrote:Laughing Laughing  Very cool!

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it!

38hottoys - STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story - Page 2 Empty Re: STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:02 am

ZombieTestSubject

I'm slowly getting to your SW posts. Looks like I missed this one before. Funny way to spin off a modification tutorial.

39hottoys - STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story - Page 2 Empty Re: STAR WARS A Negative Body Image Story Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:58 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ZombieTestSubject wrote:I'm slowly getting to your SW posts. Looks like I missed this one before. Funny way to spin off a modification tutorial.

Thank you very much. Glad you liked this and I hope you like the others too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum