OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Africalypse - M36 character Prototype started

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ovy

Ovy
Greetings. I mentioned it in the Other Apocalypse thread - I planned to use a M36 body to create a tall post apocalyptic African Character. I just started and a lot will change, but that's roughly how he will look like. I will go on vacation till the end of the month, so I had to get this out:

I wanted colorful beads and some 'modern' items/relics mixed into it. And a segmented, scratched apron made of painted light aluminium.
Africalypse - M36 character Prototype started PSX-20190819-003941

I am still experimenting with bead combinations, but those black cylindrical ones are very useful. He will be much more colorful than the shell people.
Africalypse - M36 character Prototype started PSX-20190819-004004

It's a Djimoun Hounsu headsculpt. He does look like Djimoun Hounsu from certain angles, but not too much. Which is good, I don't want the characters to look like stars too much. But the beard is quite iconic. The glasses are from the Painkiller Jane.
Africalypse - M36 character Prototype started PSX-20190819-004150

I don't know yet what kind of person he is. A warrior, priest, merchant, shepard? The apron is for protection and fashion. The light aluminium is enough to ward of the attacks of stinger shooting giant scorpions.
Africalypse - M36 character Prototype started PSX-20190819-004214

The watch was traded to him by Cargonite Merchants who crossed the Mediterranean Sea.
Africalypse - M36 character Prototype started PSX-20190819-004228

The outfit is based on an old sketch I never finished. I don't know if I will add more segments to the arms and legs. Works for both boys and girls, but I did not know how rare dark female headsculpts seem to be.
Africalypse - M36 character Prototype started PSX-20190819-004443

Used transparent plastic as a crutch.
Africalypse - M36 character Prototype started PSX-20190819-004425

I used very thin plastic sheets, smoothed the edges and drilled holes.
Africalypse - M36 character Prototype started PSX-20190819-004530

I put threads through the holes, primed the segments black.
Africalypse - M36 character Prototype started PSX-20190819-004618

Then I painted them in an Aluminium Color. Then I added red yellow green etc. And scratched and sanded it away. I might add some symbols to the segments. I am thinking of Toyota and Nike signs etc.
Africalypse - M36 character Prototype started PSX-20190819-004743

I experimented with beads that are placed between the segments. What do you think?
Africalypse - M36 character Prototype started PSX-20190819-004337

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like what I'm seeing so far. Certainly original and thought-out. I appreciate the explanation about the head sculpt -- was going to ask. Just purchased one of those Toys Works Black Steel (Luke Cage) heads, which reminded me of this.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Interesting looking character. I like the idea of the signs incorporated into the outfit.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Africalypse - M36 character Prototype started C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum