OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

3D Printing Projects in 1/6

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

263D Printing Projects in 1/6 - Page 2 Empty Re: 3D Printing Projects in 1/6 Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:11 am

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Pretty cool little boxes.

273D Printing Projects in 1/6 - Page 2 Empty Re: 3D Printing Projects in 1/6 Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:09 am

Diana

GubernatorFan wrote:Very nicely done, Diana. A success indeed!
Stryker2011 wrote:Pretty cool little boxes.

Thank you very much!

If anyone is interested I'd be happy to print them on demand. Just gotta work out the details first.

283D Printing Projects in 1/6 - Page 2 Empty Re: 3D Printing Projects in 1/6 Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:57 am

Diana

Time for an update! I've printed a few by now and the print quality is reliably good, though I'm just noticing that the texture at the front bugs me, so I'll have to look into that.
I also found a reliable way of cutting the glass without scratching it. I'll be trying out a local supplier for real clear custom cut glass though. While the milky glass looks fine I think real glass would be nicer, though more breakable...
I have 6x6 and 6x9 boxes now. 6x12 will be next, cause Nancy could use it. Very Happy
Nice surprise: Kumik connector fits, too! That Kimi head could use a little blu tack though. HT heads, too, but I'll work out an adapter for HT, cause they are just too loose at this point.

3D Printing Projects in 1/6 - Page 2 Img_7610

293D Printing Projects in 1/6 - Page 2 Empty Re: 3D Printing Projects in 1/6 Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:57 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Nice. Cool that you made different sizes to accommodate longer hair styles.

303D Printing Projects in 1/6 - Page 2 Empty Re: 3D Printing Projects in 1/6 Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:04 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Those are looking great! Love how you have them stacked together like that. Smile

313D Printing Projects in 1/6 - Page 2 Empty Re: 3D Printing Projects in 1/6 Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:08 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like them a lot. The stacking also looks promising, and you can end up with a pragmatic, yet informative and attractive display. Not sure whether milky or clear glass will be better -- clear would give you a less obscured view, but this is kinda artsy... I don't have a good solution for female heads myself (except those with sculpted short hair) but do use those 12-compartment boxes for beads from Walmart for most male heads. Still, they don't display nearly as nicely, and are more pragmatic than aesthetic as a solution.

323D Printing Projects in 1/6 - Page 2 Empty Re: 3D Printing Projects in 1/6 Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:21 pm

blackpool

blackpool
That's a new world opened to you!!! LOve the headsculpt boxes, once stacked up they feel like a contemporary cabinet from ikea or alike, very cool!!!

Personally I would go for any daily life object and prop, from phones to computer, door knobs, switches, picture frames, kitchen ware, bathware, sanitaries, pipes and faucets, food props and silverware, sport/fitness accessories, medical equipment... soooooooo many ideas!!!

333D Printing Projects in 1/6 - Page 2 Empty Re: 3D Printing Projects in 1/6 Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:51 am

Diana

Diana
Thanks everybody! Very Happy

blackpool wrote:That's a new world opened to you!!! LOve the headsculpt boxes, once stacked up they feel like a contemporary cabinet from ikea or alike, very cool!!!

Personally I would go for any daily life object and prop, from phones to computer, door knobs, switches, picture frames, kitchen ware, bathware, sanitaries, pipes and faucets, food props and silverware, sport/fitness accessories, medical equipment... soooooooo many ideas!!!
Thank you!! Those are great! Very Happy
I personally don't care much for household items or creating massive dioramas that would require them (though that radio station was extremely inspiring), but I have indeed been thinking of printing a nice brick wall, maybe with window, and pavement and painting them afterwards. Or printing a crowbar. Or a baseball bat. Or... a big fat rock with convenient flat areas for them to stand on...
And I have wood filament, which makes sanding them easy!
Oh you got me started now... THANK YOU!! Smile

343D Printing Projects in 1/6 - Page 2 Empty Re: 3D Printing Projects in 1/6 Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:12 am

tinyumbrellas

tinyumbrellas
Congrats on your new tool! I used to have access to a similar style of printer at work, but never considered making props at the time. What a great idea! Love the boxes you designed Smile

353D Printing Projects in 1/6 - Page 2 Empty Re: 3D Printing Projects in 1/6 Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:23 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Idea ! I have a plastic bag for all my headsculpts. Rolling Eyes Your Idea is definitly the better way

363D Printing Projects in 1/6 - Page 2 Empty Re: 3D Printing Projects in 1/6 Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:47 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
they look awesome Diana! and what a great way to store spare heads, very clever Very Happy

373D Printing Projects in 1/6 - Page 2 Empty Re: 3D Printing Projects in 1/6 Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:51 pm

Diana

Diana
Hah! Why thank you!
If anybody wants the 3D files let me know. Wink

383D Printing Projects in 1/6 - Page 2 Empty Re: 3D Printing Projects in 1/6 Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:11 am

maxman

How about 1/6 scale cameras and tripods??? I have been trying to find a 1/6 scale tripod which I'm hoping a little Blu Tack could be used to stand a 1/6 scale camera on it.

393D Printing Projects in 1/6 - Page 2 Empty Re: 3D Printing Projects in 1/6 Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:10 am

Diana

Diana
maxman wrote:How about 1/6 scale cameras and tripods???  I have been trying to find a 1/6 scale tripod which I'm hoping a little Blu Tack could be used to stand a 1/6 scale camera on it.
In principle that sounds easy. Unless you want it to function with extendable legs and all. ^^
If not, then you'd have to decide how tall you want it and how far apart the legs should to be.
Would you just want to place the camera on a plate of sorts? Or does the camera have a hole for a connector?

Right now I'm not in 3D mode at all and focused on other things, but if you send me the 3D file I can print it for you and send it over no problem.
I've successfully used SketchUp for my 3D models, because the other 3D programs had a steep learning curve I wasn't ready for.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum