OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My custom figure

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1My custom figure Empty My custom figure Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:25 pm

Verthraxis

Hey guys new member here. I have been exploring this forum for some time now and i really would like to show of one of my customs i finished a couple of months ago. Everything on this guy has been has been scratch built and sculpted and have hand painted everything as well. I am really excited to hear what you guys think and your input.

2My custom figure Empty Re: My custom figure Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:30 pm

Verthraxis

My custom figure 20191220
My custom figure 20191221
My custom figure 20191219

3My custom figure Empty Re: My custom figure Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:31 pm

Verthraxis

My custom figure 20191223
My custom figure 20191224
My custom figure 20191222

4My custom figure Empty Re: My custom figure Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:32 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Glad you decided to share. It looks great, and is a very impressive achievement, considering all the custom work. Great paint job too, with the metal, rust/oil, and horn elements.

5My custom figure Empty Re: My custom figure Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:35 pm

Verthraxis

My custom figure 20191228
My custom figure 20191229

6My custom figure Empty Re: My custom figure Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:36 pm

Verthraxis

My custom figure 20191232
My custom figure 20191231
My custom figure 20191233

7My custom figure Empty Re: My custom figure Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:38 pm

Verthraxis

My custom figure 20191234
My custom figure 20191235
My custom figure 20191236

8My custom figure Empty Re: My custom figure Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:39 pm

Verthraxis

My custom figure 20191239
My custom figure 20191238
My custom figure 20191237

9My custom figure Empty Re: My custom figure Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:40 pm

Verthraxis

My custom figure 20191241
My custom figure 20191242
My custom figure 20191240

10My custom figure Empty Re: My custom figure Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:41 pm

Verthraxis

My custom figure 20191243
My custom figure 20191245
My custom figure 20191244

11My custom figure Empty Re: My custom figure Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:42 pm

Verthraxis

My custom figure 20191246
My custom figure 20191247

12My custom figure Empty Re: My custom figure Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:59 pm

Verthraxis

Thank you gubernator

13My custom figure Empty Re: My custom figure Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:52 am

Ovy

Ovy
Outstanding job! And welcome.

Looks like a Clive Barker interpretation of a Lord of the Rings monster with Japanese horror influences. Love the armor and the dark language on those beautiful nobori looking flags.
There is so much too see, I might write more when I've processed it all. What kind of guy is he? More of an army leader, a regular grunt or a unique warrior?

14My custom figure Empty Re: My custom figure Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:07 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
So cool, and grisly. I like all the details, and even the gory dismembered head. Excellent work.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My custom figure C8485110

15My custom figure Empty Re: My custom figure Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:15 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, that's amazing work! Such a huge amount of detail, and a very 'finished' effect. Great use of colours, also. Very impressive.  And yeah, I was intrigued by the 'Zoso' on the banner... is this fellow a Zeppelin fan? ;D

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

16My custom figure Empty Re: My custom figure Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:40 am

Verthraxis

Thanks guys for the compliments. I think i came up with this guy in a fever dream lol. Ovy as to your question, when i was making this guy i was coming up with a back story as well. He most definitely is not a grunt, he is more like an aspect of some lich god willed into existence to bring death and destruction. I wanted to try to incorporate different cultures and periods in time into his armor to give him the look of some ancient evil thats been around for eons. Skywalkersaga yes yes yes thank you for catching the easter egg lol i am a huge zeppelin fan, maybe somebody else will catch the blue oyster cult symbol on the other banner. Stryker thank you for noticing where the original head sculpt went lol.

17My custom figure Empty Re: My custom figure Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:10 am

Ovy

Ovy
Yeah, those fever dreams are nice inspirations. Thanks for the background.

And yes, that Blue Oyster Cult symbol - one of our members, dadrab, is using that as an avatar. Laughing

So what material did you use to sculpt that armor?

18My custom figure Empty Re: My custom figure Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:06 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
affraid Wow ! He is so absolute disgusting. I love it ! Is he a Demon or something ? I´m intrested in the sculpting method of the armor parts to. I was thinking about how he looks when hes was still alive and not rotten. Oh and Welcome, like to see more of Your work

19My custom figure Empty Re: My custom figure Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:50 am

Verthraxis

Only the main part of the helmet is actually sculpted. The bulk of the armor is actually old dvd case's i had lying around. I drew patterns on paper then transferred the shapes to the dvd covers then cut out with a pair of heavy duty scissors. I then dropped the parts into boiling water for few seconds and then shaped them into place. I took a lighter and went around all the edges of the armor to give it the rounded effect you sometimes see on real armor. I took a pin drill and made holes where you see the rivets and dropped in sewing push pins to attach them to pieces of leather straps underneath. I might take some picture of what the armor looks like underneath too later. Then i added details with a mix of green stuff and apoxie sculpt all over the armor. All the sculpting on the body is also apoxie sculpt and green stuff.Ephiane, i didnt want him to look human so thats why i made the legs more animal like. I imagined him more like some ancient race that existed long ago and now he has been awakened to spread his death and rot. He came out really big for a 1/6 scale figure, like 16 inches without the war banners, i believe he would be like some undead juggernaut just roaming collecting flesh as his trophies.

20My custom figure Empty Re: My custom figure Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:59 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Verthraxis, I noticed your posting three pictures at a time in each post. If you want to post them all in one post, check out the second post in this thread for full details about how to do it:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t169-recommended-image-posting-procedures

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My custom figure C8485110

21My custom figure Empty Re: My custom figure Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:04 am

Verthraxis

Omg thank you for letting me know, that was a pain lol. You take one picture then another and then you end up with like 30 smh. I will definitely be using this info in future posts

22My custom figure Empty Re: My custom figure Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:59 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, the 3 photos limit (at a time) is only something that applies to uploading photos on Servimg (unless you have a paid account there); here you can post as many as you want within the same post.

Thank you for the explanation about the armor. Interesting process, and works out very well -- or rather, you did it very well.

23My custom figure Empty Re: My custom figure Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:55 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
That's incredible for being built entirely from scratch, you absolutely nailed the overall design and various details/weathering. He looks like he would make a really badass video game boss, it would be interesting to see what he's capable of. This is only one of your customs, you say? That makes me super excited to see your other creations eventually!

24My custom figure Empty Re: My custom figure Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:48 pm

Verthraxis

Im really excited to get working on some more customs. I have only recently gotten into 1/6 scale customizing and modeling and i hope to show all of my future works on here. Thanks for the support guys. Maybe my next project will be the crusading knight that battles this guy.

25My custom figure Empty Re: My custom figure Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:21 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
What an amazing figure, the details and everything is really nice. 👍

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! My custom figure 1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum