OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 11]

Illusion

skywalkersaga wrote:...

It certainly would make more sense to purchase the entire figure, at that rate.

that is what I usually do when I like just parts of a figure...
however, I have next to never gotten around to sell the less enticing pieces but have kept the full figure alien

Ovy

Well, this head looks nice and all, but what is it that makes all of you so obsessed with it? Razz
Is it the subtle Mona Lisa smile sky mentioned, making her a little more alive than the other girls out there?

I think they could.make a lot more money only selling the heads, but that goes for damtoys too.

skywalkersaga

Ovy wrote:Well, this head looks nice and all, but what is it that makes all of you so obsessed with it? Razz
Is it the subtle Mona Lisa smile sky mentioned, making her a little more alive than the other girls out there?

I think they could.make a lot more money only selling the heads, but that goes for damtoys too.

I can't speak for others on the thread, but for me, I was struck by the potential of the headsculpt for two different possible figures I wanted to make (NOT Star Wars, in this case). Also, I did like the subtle smile -- it was less weird and creepy looking than the previous VeryCool figure that had a more exaggerated smile. And finally, the promo image looked very similar to a friend of mine from Iceland. It was a combination of the above factors plus that unexpected familiarity that drew me to the sculpt.

So, perhaps there's nothing inherently mind-blowing about it, but I had a lot of random converging reasons to like it. ;p

Agree that VC should sell heads separately, for sure.

ministryofwrath

if she wasn't smiling or had a little smirk I'd like it, but due to the expression I lost interest.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
I liked the way the HS came out, made me appreciate it even more. Honestly, I was getting a Barbie vibe from the promo pics, but she turned out to be a bit more realistic than a perfect doll-face.

Dammit, I should've PO'd the figure (it has a lot of goodies), cuz I can't muster the courage to pay what they're asking for the HS. So much for my plans on swapping the HS from my Lara's figure.

If anyone happens to see this figure for sale at a reasonable price, please let me know.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Where do you live?

https://www.v-storebiz.com/very-cool-vcf-2052-miss-spetsnaz/

Illusion

Illusion
Ovy wrote:...what is it that makes all of you so obsessed with it? Razz

well.... *sigh*... who can tell why love strikes at times and does not at others...

beautiful lady heads are hard to come by... there are a lot of decent ones around by now - but I guess we are just hoping for THE lovely one... (like the first Hot Toys Scarlet Witch I love you ) - and better preorder some rubbish than missing out on the ONE... (well, that is what I do Embarassed )

Valiarde

Valiarde
This head (from the promo at least) would be in my "top 3 heads" I would ask for a date, if I were a 1/6 action figure lol!

But like Illusion said, it is hard to beat the HT Scarlet Witch I love you

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
I agree with Valiarde and Illusion, it's one of the most beautiful heads I've seen.

glitch

glitch
Mine got shipped yesterday, so only one more month before it shows up.  verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 4 1f629 I'll post some more pics when it arrives.
For me, this sculpt reminds me of a young Lara Croft, which is exactly what I plan on using it for.
Speaking of VC head sculpts, anyone know which TBLeague skin tones they normally match up with? And do they work for the smaller bodies? Like an S24/25?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
glitch wrote:Mine got shipped yesterday, so only one more month before it shows up.  verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 4 1f629 I'll post some more pics when it arrives.
For me, this sculpt reminds me of a young Lara Croft, which is exactly what I plan on using it for.
Speaking of VC head sculpts, anyone know which TBLeague skin tones they normally match up with? And do they work for the smaller bodies? Like an S24/25?

In the past the VC heads have gone fairly well with tbleague suntan skintone. It's hard to say for sure though because tbleague keep subtly changing their 'suntan' skintone lately. And in terms of the size, the VC heads vary so it will have to be a 'wait and see' with that. Some VC heads fit s25b, some are a bit too large... it just depends. I'm also hoping that it will fit the smaller body, but we shall see...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Valiarde wrote:Where do you live?

https://www.v-storebiz.com/very-cool-vcf-2052-miss-spetsnaz/

Thanks so much for the reply, Valiarde.

I'd forgotten about this store, I've bought from them a few times in the past, but unfortunately the shipping cost of this figure to my country makes it almost prohibitive, ~60USD. Adding 6,38% of taxes from international purchase, plus a possible +60% of the total cost* IF it gets caught on customs (and they almost always do when the shipping cost is that high), the figure's gonna get an "ouchie" price for me at this moment.

Hope I can see some pics from your Lara Croft, Glitch, because I was gonna do the same thing with this HS.

*total cost = product + shipping.

Annalise

Annalise
POed mine from a US seller so I can only keep waiting and hope to get an invoice before September... Sad

glitch

glitch
skywalkersaga wrote: In the past the VC heads have gone fairly well with tbleague suntan skintone. It's hard to say for sure though because tbleague keep subtly changing their 'suntan' skintone lately.  And in terms of the size, the VC heads vary so it will have to be a 'wait and see' with that. Some VC heads fit s25b, some are a bit too large... it just depends. I'm also hoping that it will fit the smaller body, but we shall see...
I suppose you're right, only option is to wait until it arrives to be 100% sure. Sad
The worst part is waiting for a head sculpt, and then having to buy a body for it and wait another month for it to show up.

FreakinLobster wrote:
Hope I can see some pics from your Lara Croft, Glitch, because I was gonna do the same thing with this HS.
Yes! I'll be posting pics. I'm currently working on a custom bow/arrow kit.
Maybe we should do what Sideshow Collectors did, and make a new Tomb Raider Customs's thread...

Ghost808

Ghost808
skywalkersaga wrote:
glitch wrote:Mine got shipped yesterday, so only one more month before it shows up.  verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 4 1f629 I'll post some more pics when it arrives.

In the past the VC heads have gone fairly well with tbleague suntan skintone. It's hard to say for sure though because tbleague keep subtly changing their 'suntan' skintone lately.  And in terms of the size, the VC heads vary so it will have to be a 'wait and see' with that. Some VC heads fit s25b, some are a bit too large... it just depends. I'm also hoping that it will fit the smaller body, but we shall see...

I managed to get one for $60 in the end. I'd send a link for you guys, but it was a one-off, single head.

I'm hoping it's similar in tone to verycool's Villa head. That was a perfect match to tbleague s23.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Some here for £60 (GBP):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VCF-2052-VC-VERYCOOL-1-6-Scale-Russian-Female-Soldier-Head-Sculpture-Model/174729036432?hash=item28aea98290:g:nWIAAOSwS2pgc7cF

No doubt they will go quickly, though!

glitch

glitch
skywalkersaga wrote:Some here for £60 (GBP):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VCF-2052-VC-VERYCOOL-1-6-Scale-Russian-Female-Soldier-Head-Sculpture-Model/174729036432?hash=item28aea98290:g:nWIAAOSwS2pgc7cF

No doubt they will go quickly, though!

$100 CAD. Ouch  verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 4 1f601
Gonna have to pass. Maybe I'll eventually get lucky and find one for around $60-70.

glitch

glitch
Found a couple new photo's courtesy of the BBICN web site.
I should be getting mine next week!

Original links for the higher quality (and many more) photos:
http://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=372111&extra=page%3D1
http://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=372119&extra=page%3D1
http://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=372278&extra=page%3D1

verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 4 08270811
verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 4 08270810
verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 4 08271010
verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 4 08272410
verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 4 08272310
verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 4 12245510
verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 4 12245511
verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 4 12245710
verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 4 12245910

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
She looks good, if a bit... teenager-ish... but I suppose that’s not out of bounds since most go into the military as teens.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 4 C8485110

Illusion

Illusion
I really like the last shot.
Thanks for the in hand series!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the pics, glitch. I like her a lot. I don't mind the youthful appearance at all. The only things I'm still a bit anxious about are a) if she matches the tbleague suntan or not, and b) how large the head is. In these pics, it does seem a bit bigger than I expected, so it may not work for the figure I'd had planned. :/

glitch

glitch
skywalkersaga wrote:The only things I'm still a bit anxious about are a) if she matches the tbleague suntan or not, and b) how large the head is. In these pics, it does seem a bit bigger than I expected, so it may not work for the figure I'd had planned. :/
Thats what I'm wondering as well. I'll throw her head onto an S24 body when she shows up for comparison, which should be early next week.
And if her head is too big, well then I guess it's only another month of waiting while Giantoy ships out another body for me.  verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 4 1f615

csyeung

csyeung
My Miss Spetsnaz came in today and I can answer some of your questions quickly here. Her head is not big at all. I would say it's about medium size, larger than ymtoys, slightly smaller than a ht head and will go with a 24 body no problem. Will have to see if it's small for a 23 or regular older body, but I think it should be fine. As for color, it's very close to suntan in hand.

Here are some picturesverycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 4 0110

Next to Jyn and Leia, she is a bit forward here, but her head is a smidge smaller than the two.

verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 4 0210

Next to a s24 gactoys head here. Skin tone is actually quite close to body. Head may look a bit darker here because of lighting.

verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 4 0310

Body straight out of box. They are using a jointed body so lots of articulation, but also may feel flimsier than a phicen body. She can be in sitting pose no problem with this body and outfit.

Below are some close up shots of the head. It's very close to the photos in the previous post. Definitely softer/less detailed than the prototype.

verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 4 0410
verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 4 0510
verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 4 0610
verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 4 0710verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 4 0810

I did want to add this photo in, albeit a bit blurry but you can see that the neck adapter they used for this doesnt sit properly and there is a gap here. I am not sure if i can push it further down, but I may have to remove the adapter so it sits more flush and there isn't a gap. The neck does look a bit thin as well on the stock body. I may need to use Gubenator's trick for neck surgery.

verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 4 0910

I'll update with more stuff as I take a closer look at everything.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks csyeung. Given how much interest there is in this, I'm sure many members are finding this very helpful. S24A-S25B is indeed very close to a number of female hard plastic/open-jointed bodies in size (e.g., Hot Toys'), so this apparent match would make sense.

csyeung

csyeung
So i popped the head off and i don't know why but the adapter they used extends out a bit from the bottom and is jammed very tightly. I don't have the patience at the moment to remove it and see if a different adapter will be better. That is what's causing the head to be higher and make a gap between the neck and the head. I mean I can probably stuff tissue or foam instead of using the adapter and it would look better. It's definitely more suited for a 25, i popped it onto a spare 23 and without clothes, the head looks tiny on it. Also regarding the color, the phicen bodies are a bit more pinker than the headsculpt, the best way to describe is the head has a more greenish /duller hue? Color value wise it's fairly close in my opinion. Just not exact like some other sculpts.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
csyeung -- thanks for the images! I managed to get one of the loose headsculpts and it arrived today for me as well! I concur with everything you are saying here -- from a cursory look, the head seemed to fit onto one of my s25bs quite well. Though yes, the neck connected was a bit high and I haven't had a chance to mess around with it yet. I only tried it onto an older tbleague s25b, so wasn't sure about the skintone match yet, but the head did seem just slightly more 'yellow' in tone. That said, it was not too glaring either. I'm overall very happy with it, and can't wait to put it to use!

glitch

glitch
So it does work with an S25, thats good to know! I should be able to make my Tomb Raider project the way I originally planned.  verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 4 1f60e
The neck thing should be easy enough to sort out. I'll either use a different adapter or try shaving off the top of it a bit with a knife. Had to to do a similar thing with a previous adapter as well.
On the downside though, it looks like I'll be buying another body after all, since I only have an S24 lying around. lol
Thanks for the update, csyeung.

csyeung

csyeung
glitch wrote:So it does work with an S25, thats good to know! I should be able to make my Tomb Raider project the way I originally planned.  verycool - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 4 1f60e
The neck thing should be easy enough to sort out. I'll either use a different adapter or try shaving off the top of it a bit with a knife. Had to to do a similar thing with a previous adapter as well.
On the downside though, it looks like I'll be buying another body after all, since I only have an S24 lying around. lol
Thanks for the update, csyeung.

No problems, looking forward to seeing your Tomb raider. I'd like to make one myself one day and I think this head would certainly fit for her.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Thanks CS Smile

Yes you can see there's a very slight yellowish-green tint in the photos. The jammed-in neck adapter seems to be a common thing with Verycool, or it's the same with all of mine, at least (the difference being that they're usually not too long to begin with so it isn't a problem). It might be easier to leave it in but (carefully!) trim it down.

I'm still on the fence with this sculpt. It's nice... but in hand it somehow seems like a step down in realism from Verycool, and for what it is it's way too expensive (but I've an uneasy feeling we'll all be saying that a lot about even the most mundane head sculpts in the future).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum