OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

JohnByng

Wow! thanks for the heads-up everybody. I have both of these on their way to me. I will have try and work something- maybe other helmets and hands?

GeeWillikers

They do seem very well done (apart from the helmets) but I'm just not really interested in the full sets. I did just pick up the Blonde 'Griffon' sculpt on its own though, and I love it; fierce and totally unglamorous. I do like what TBLeague are doing with their sculpts these days, but they still seem too reluctant to deglamourise their warrior women, so this makes for an ideal badass fighting woman. I'm less sure of 'Dragon' Knight's sculpt but I'll probably pick one up in the end.

That's not how you spell 'Gryphon', though Laughing

Annalise wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:And I love that pink Puma top.
My pleasure. Yes, I also love that top. I have to credit and thank GeeWillikers for the inspiration to track it down after seeing it in this post:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2781-new-product-ymtoys-1-6-mary-and-marty-female-head-sculpt

Thank you for the namecheck Smile . With them generally being a slightly looser fit than usual, those 'Barbie Fashionista' clothes are great for the slimmer/smaller/narrower-shouldered TBL bodies, and being part of the 'Fashionista' line there are also some really nice brand designs (Puma, Hello Kitty etc) among them. They can be hideously expensive, though Shocked

I do wish other 1/6 manufacturers would take a leaf out of Mattel's book and come up with some more interesting loose clothing designs other than either 'plain colours' or a very dull and narrow definition of 'sexy'.

venator5

My attemp to put on the helmet for the first time.

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 4 20210617
FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 4 20210618

It did not ended up being that bad, but I actually I figured out that the interior of the helmet if kinda padded and that padding is the one which takes some 1,5mm from each side makind the helmet too tight.

What do you think guys, Should we remove the padding? I see no point it being there. If you have to fight every time you will end up breaking the figure or the helmet sooner or later, and the hair on the head is giving padding anyway.

Is there a padding on the other helmet as well? Maybe that causing the issue too.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I'm beginning to wonder if it wouldn't be better (not sure it is possible) to either substitute the head with one that fits more easily in the helmet or to attach the helmet, if possible, without any head inside -- just for when you want to display the figure with the helmet on.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
GubernatorFan wrote:I'm beginning to wonder if it wouldn't be better (not sure it is possible) to either substitute the head with one that fits more easily in the helmet or to attach the helmet, if possible, without any head inside -- just for when you want to display the figure with the helmet on.

Or to take a fantastic idea one step further, put the helmet on bald head, maybe even one that is known to run a little on the small side, and swap them out whenever you want.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Is it just lens distortion that makes it look like she has a giraffe neck?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 4 C8485110

Annalise

Annalise
My solution was to get a second griffin knight head to leave inside the helmet. For the dragon knight, because you can't see her face through the visor I bought a cheap KO golden Spartan Army Commander h/s and shaved her bald except for the long hair down the back. Now I can easily just swap the helmeted and helmetless heads and don't have to mess around.

venator5

venator5
I've got a solution for the dragon one!

I made a topic with pictures today on general talk.

Once I removed the padding on each side of the helmet It was not problematic to make the head fit in. (Both ears inside the helmet)

Once it was done it was really looked like on the promotional photos
FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 4 TcukRSl

I don't know how the orther helmet is looking inside but maybe a similar issue?

3Afr

3Afr
We see very few horses without all the equipment that is on him... so I share 2 images. Honestly I find the horse very "ugly"... just my opinion. Now I know that I would not buy this type of horse...  FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 4 1f60a

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 4 Pop-kn11
FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 4 Pop-kn10

Valiarde

Valiarde
It sure is a rather ugly horse Smile I sold mine last year.

Only advantage is the height. It is rather tall which makes it a bit more impressive with the coat of arms and knights on.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, unfortunately, the anatomy is just completely wrong on that one. A better horse would be the Mr. Z Thoroughbred, or even possibly the Mr. Z Akhal-Teke (though I'm not sure if the Ahkal-Teke is still as widely available or not).

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Oh gods, it’s worse than I thought. 😂😂😂🙈

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yep. Burying the Pop Toys horses beneath a bunch of layers is the only way to display them.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 4 C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum