OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

brassco

nice looking figures you got there!

did you try to fit the tbl body into that armor? given the armor de-sexualize, i wonder if the well-endowed bodies of the tbl to be able to fit in there. Perhaps the mid bust?

Annalise

brassco wrote:nice looking figures you got there!

did you try to fit the tbl body into that armor? given the armor de-sexualize, i wonder if the well-endowed bodies of the tbl to be able to fit in there. Perhaps the mid bust?

Thanks! No, there's no way I'm going to undo all those little straps Smile.   I just popped the head onto a nearby S17B to show the skin tone compensation.

Given the size of the Pop body, I'd say the best candidate to try is the S24/S25. They are the same height and general build at least. I doubt that I would ever personally try it though as I always argue why pay for a seamless body if you're going to cover it all up? And for me it's too many hours with tweezers to try it casually!

TravelGuide

Thanks for all the pictures and the extensive review, Annalise. the figures do look nice.
I have the same experience with the Poptoys hands on my Tomoe Gozen figure. Her HS was initially a big disappointment too (but that one is far off from the promopictures), but after that it does look nice to me now.

Bit of a shame of the issue with the shoulder plate and the helmet too. Seems Poptoys have some work to do to improve their products.

Valiarde

Annalise wrote:
brassco wrote:nice looking figures you got there!

Thanks! No, there's no way I'm going to undo all those little straps Smile.   I just popped the head onto a nearby S17B to show the skin tone compensation.

!

Because of a error on my part, I needed to change the poptoys body and switched it for another pop toys body. It took me 4 hours to do it, becauser of all the little straps that are nearly impossible to close again.
So yeah, I wouldn't say body change is a good idea here lol

Nice pictures, I also quiet like the heads of these. the helmets are a big fail though as some already mentioned.

Delanie

Delanie
I'm still thinking of getting the Griffin Knight I dread to think how much the duties will be thanks to chaos-it .

I was wondering if the helmet matched any of the other sets? perhaps keep the 'real' one for carrying and the other if the character is needed to wear it?

Valiarde

Valiarde
Are you just interested in the Griffin knight or also the horse for her?

Delanie

Delanie
I think I'll go for the knight on her own I am interested in some of the up coming Mr Z horses so will probably tack them out myself.

to be honest the picture that did it for me from the promo was the one with her striding in sans helm with her hair and cloak flying out behind her as if she was marching in to give a report to her commander

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s a fine and thorough review, Annalise. Sorry to hear about the trouble, and I can’t say I’m surprised (especially about the helmets). My big gripe about all these sets is the “need” for all the real metal — I see absolutely no justification for the added weight or expense, when painted plastic looks just as good for half the cost and a lot less weight — not to mention, it might be easier to get the helmets on without causing damage to the heads — since you can heat the plastic up enough to make it flexible. An option to consider if you wanted to use the helmets is to get another (cheap) head sculpt that doesn’t have hair, or strip the hair off, to use.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, there are several smaller headsculpts out there these days that would possibly work inside the helmet.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Annalise

Annalise
stryker2011 wrote:That’s a fine and thorough review, Annalise. Sorry to hear about the trouble
travelguide wrote:Thanks for all the pictures and the extensive review, Annalise. the figures do look nice
Thank you so much!

Helmet Update:
I was able to get the dragon helmet closed and latched around the POP head although it would take a lot more time and patience to get every strand of hair inside.

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 43img_10
FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 44img_10

The griffon helmet does seem "impossible". I managed to get it closed on a YMT015 head with thin short hair, but the visor still won't clear it's forehead and close all the way., Looks like I will need to find an even smaller head to try.

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 45img_10
FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 46img_10

Delanie wrote:I was wondering if the helmet matched any of the other sets?

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe this Coomodel helmet?

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 Coomod10

Valiarde

Valiarde
I use a old head and removed parts of the back of that head to fit the poptoys helmet Razz

I also have the coomodel helmet you mentioned, this one is far bigger and easily fits bigger heads like "normal" man heads.

gooboo

Valiarde wrote:I use a old head and removed parts of the back of that head to fit the poptoys helmet Razz

I also have the coomodel helmet you mentioned, this one is far bigger and easily fits bigger heads like "normal" man heads.

Valiarde, you mentioned you switched out the original Poptoys body for another one. Can you post a picture of what the body looks like? I'm curious if there's a Phicen body that's similar in shape and proportions. I've been thinking of converting my knight to a Phicen body if there's a body type that's close enough.

csyeung

csyeung
sucks that you are having trouble getting the head into the helmet. I think that's poor production design from poptoys. The armors do look nice.

Annalise

Annalise
Valiarde wrote:I use a old head and removed parts of the back of that head to fit the poptoys helmet
Thanks, I like the old head idea. I have a very old tan Phicen head with no matching body I can try.

Do you think the Coomodel helmet would look way too big with this armour?

Valiarde

Valiarde
gooboo wrote:
Valiarde wrote:I use a old head and removed parts of the back of that head to fit the poptoys helmet Razz

Valiarde, you mentioned you switched out the original Poptoys body for another one. Can you post a picture of what the body looks like? I'm curious if there's a Phicen body that's similar in shape and proportions. I've been thinking of converting my knight to a Phicen body if there's a body type that's close enough.

I can post pics tomorrow. It is a basic poptoys body. Like the xing series. Maybe i also have some pics pn my phpne from undressing.

Annalise wrote:
Valiarde wrote:I use a old head and removed parts of the back of that head to fit the poptoys helmet
Thanks, I like the old head idea. I have a very old tan Phicen head with no matching body I can try.

Do you think the Coomodel helmet would look way too big with this armour?

I can put that coomodel helmet on her and show you pics...tomorrow. I own the full armored coomodel figures with these helmets. My guess is that it looks too big.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
gooboo -- I think Valiarde just meant that he had replaced it with another PopToys body, rather than a tbleague.

The tbleague body that is closest in height to the PopToys female bodies is the s25b. However, it is a completely different shape to the PopToys body, so I have a feeling the PopToys armour would not fit it properly at all.

Would be great if there were equivalent tbleague bodies to the PopToys -- they are some of the few 1/6 bodies that are both shorter in height *and* have actual small bust options.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

gooboo

I understand what he meant by replacing the body, I just wanted to see what it looked like without the armor, and if there was a similar tbleague body I could use instead. Even if I have to modify or cut it up a bit.

The hands that the knights come with are just terrible and fall of constantly.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Found the pics on my phone:

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 20201211

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 20201212

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 20201210

I should have checked if the semi seamless xing body has better hands, but i only had the same body available as the defect one. So i still have problems with wesk hands on this figure.
Full tbleague would be better but also a bit wasted on a full armored figure like that.

gooboo

I know what you mean by "wasted" on a fully armored figure, but it's undeniable the Phicen hands stay on far better than these do. I would be interested in knowing if the xing body does better however.

Valiarde

Valiarde
gooboo wrote:I know what you mean by "wasted" on a fully armored figure, but it's undeniable the Phicen hands stay on far better than these do. I would be interested in knowing if the xing body does better however.

I checked my single xing body but the hands are pretty similar in their weakness to heavy die-cast weapons...so i guess it is not worth it.

Here are the helmet comparisons:

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 20210228

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 20210230

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 20210229

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 20210233

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 20210232

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 20210231

I added the helmet from armoured sergeants in the last pic because that is the biggest helm I ever saw for 1/6 Razz
I think the coomodel helmet is too large overall

Annalise

Annalise
Valiarde - Thanks for the photos. I agree, the coo is too big. Looks like it's time to prep that spare head for surgery...

gooboo

So is the knight's body the same as the pop toys xing body? I was thinking of getting one of those for something else, and if it is I would be able to look at the xing body and try to figure out which Phicen most closely resembles it.

Annalise

Annalise
An impressive looking set when all put together, isn't it? Thanks for that, Poptoys

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 48img_10

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Jeez, that helmet is really poor work.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
TravelGuide wrote:Jeez, that helmet is really poor work.

All the more so because everything else about the figure (well, except the hands, I guess) is really good work. We wouldn't be so frustrated about the helmet if this was generally a substandard figure anyway, but the opposite is true. I really do suspect that the source of the mistake was specifically something as stupid as to design it for a bald head and forgetting to take the hair into account. For much less of an imperfection than this, I remember e.g. Pangaea supplied everybody with a second corrected helmet on the Brad Pitt Greek General.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Maybe you and Annalise should contact your sellers about it. If enough people complain Poptoys may think of something. The easiest way would be to provide a bald HS, I guess.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Or an HS that can switch between bald and haired -- there are some (like an old DID Alexander), and others with a special helmet hair option (frequently enough, HT).

gooboo

Gonna bump this older post with some new surgery I did on my poptoys figure. I "fixed" the terrible hands by removing them entirely and using some tbleague hands instead. I took an older s28 skeleton that I removed from its body and cut off the arm bone above the wrist, then superglued them into the poptoys arm socket. So far it's stuck on fairly well, at least well enough for her to actually hold her sword and move her hand around.

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 Newhan11

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 Newhan10

This was probably a great deal simpler than trying to find a tbleague body that fit and armor and actually getting all the pieces off and on again. Just thought I'd let everyone know in case they want to do the same thing with these figures, or another Poptoys figure.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That's a brave modification. I'm glad it worked out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum