OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

GeeWillikers

COMING SOON

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 DSCN7572

One more thing I have noticed: The supplied smaller feet and slightly smaller than usual head that sits slightly higher on the neck are, I think, deliberate contrivances to make the body seem longer and taller (in keeping with the Amazonian theme). I think though, that the body (I'm certain it's a standard S47) is not muscular enough to carry that off, and ends up looking slightly awkward and, to be frank, a little 'gawky' instead.

I quite like that, though, personally.  Smile  

And as someone expressed earlier in the thread, this figure gives off a Roman vibe rather than a Grecian vibe.

I took a lot of pics, so this is going to get visual  Smile

GeeWillikers

Base and accessories (including original feet)

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 DSCN7576
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 DSCN7575
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 DSCN7585
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 DSCN7583

Did these quickly so a couple of them are a little fuzzy, sorry.

GeeWillikers

Dagger, sheath, and related shenanigans:

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 DSCN7587
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 DSCN7590
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 DSCN7593
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 DSCN7595
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 DSCN7598

None of the supplied hands hold the dagger properly - the spear-holding hands are about the best, as shown. The dagger fits snugly into the sheath, but the sheath itself does not attach to the belt, it merely 'rests' there, as shown in the final picture.

GeeWillikers

Ch-ch-ch-changes:

With original loose hair:
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 DSCN7658NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 DSCN7638

And after I 'restyled' it:
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 DSCN7604NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 DSCN7602NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 DSCN7608

With original feet:
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 DSCN7628
With 'Spartan' feet:
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 DSCN7625

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 DSCN7616NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 DSCN7614NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 DSCN7613
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 DSCN7612NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 DSCN7615

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 DSCN7617NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 DSCN7618
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 DSCN7619
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 DSCN7622NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 DSCN7623

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks for all the pics. Not sure how I feel about this one. I definitely like the hair on this, but the overly done lipstick is a bit much. And I agree, a more muscular body would have been better.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 C8485110

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Comparison with naked barbarian savage* S47:

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 DSCN7648cnsNEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 DSCN7647cns

Note how the Amazon is ever so slightly taller, even accounting for the sandalled feet.

* not usually naked

The Red Sonja sculpt looks really good on that body.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks for all the pics. Not sure how I feel about this one. I definitely like the hair on this, but the overly done lipstick is a bit much. And I agree, a more muscular body would have been better.

Yep, the red lipstick is far too much. I'm going to see if I can tone that down.

I don't think an S23 would work for this figure, so what we need now is a leaner more muscular S47. Smile

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Thanks for the pics. So does look tall and a bit skinny. I agree she's got more of a Roman vibe than Greek.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, Amazons weren't Greek either, and, besides, Greeks imagined them wearing pants (something Greeks would not do!). So go figure... Smile
The set is very nice, even with bare feet (which would have made sense to the Greeks), and bright lipstick (toning it down would help). Thanks for the veritable cornucopia of photos, GW.
By the way, your use of a sort of perspective on the censorship pasties made my day. Smile

Diana

Diana
After a little mixup I finally got my black Amazon Soldier. I really wanted to not want her, but I love her! She turned out far better than I anticipated.

I had to make room for her. I actually ended up using her base for my three black warrior ladies. Smile

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 Bc7ed310
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 Ab3f6c10
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 3f049a10
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 81db9d10
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 E1194d10
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 Ade5ec10

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
She does look good.

Nicely displayed with the others, they do look good together. Probably not a bunch to ran into in a dark forest though.

Diana

Diana
TravelGuide wrote:She does look good.

Nicely displayed with the others, they do look good together. Probably not a bunch to ran into in a dark forest though.
They are EXACTLY who you want by your side in a dark forest. Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana, I agree, she looks very nice (perhaps not the most warrior-like expression, but certainly beautiful and more realistic than many others by TBL), and I'm glad you gave her a chance. Even the fantasy armor is a little less fantasy than it might have been. She complements your warriors very well. I think TravelGuide was worried about personal safety, should one run into this bunch in a forest and they turn hostile. Smile But as allies, that's another story (although I have seen that Simpsons episode, that shows how that, too, could be a problem).

Valiarde

Valiarde
That last display pic is just awesome Diana! These ladies fit so perfectly together.  Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I love that display! What a great idea to use the base for all three of them.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Diana

Diana
Thank you, Valiarde and Sky! Smile

Gub, Of course I know that’s how TravelGuide meant it. All good. Wink

It’s a pet peeve of mine I admit: these characters aren’t „dark“ to me, even though their appearance is and cliches would mark them villains. I like the dark heroes. And while guys usually think these displays are cool, women often react spooked, clearly having other associations than me, which makes me want to clarify. 😅

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Really? I guess being a horror fan I'm not so easily unsettled. I think they look splendid. Very Happy

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Diana wrote:It’s a pet peeve of mine I admit: these characters aren’t „dark“ to me, even though their appearance is and cliches would mark them villains. I like the dark heroes. And while guys usually think these displays are cool, women often react spooked, clearly having other associations than me, which makes me want to clarify. 😅
Not necessarily dark, but AFAIK amazons usually weren't very friendly against men.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
What a great group of ladies.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 C8485110

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
It's interesting to see the difference in the sculpts between these two models. Quite why they went for that bright red lipstick on the brown version is an intriguing mystery.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Nice pictures of your trio of female warriors, Diana! The head sculpt on the amazon warrior looks very pretty! NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 1f44d

I noticed that the heads on recent TBleague releases all seemed very small compared to older figures. I wonder whether this is an esthetic decision or whether they want to avoid disproportionate-looking helmets.

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:Really? I guess being a horror fan I'm not so easily unsettled. I think they look splendid. Very Happy
Stryker2011 wrote:What a great group of ladies.
Randam Hajile wrote:Nice pictures of your trio of female warriors, Diana! The head sculpt on the amazon warrior looks very pretty!  NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Amazon Warrior (Black/Brown version) - Page 4 1f44d

I noticed that the heads on recent TBleague releases all seemed very small compared to older figures. I wonder whether this is an esthetic decision or whether they want to avoid disproportionate-looking helmets.  

Hah! Thank you. Glad you like them. Very Happy
Yes, I agree she looks very pretty. She actually reminds me of an actress I know. Equally sweet person. Of course not the typical face and expression suitable for a warrior, but somehow I don't mind this time. She just feels like a young warrior who hasn't seen much of the world yet and is out on her first mission or something.
And my guess would be the helmet theory.

TravelGuide wrote:Not necessarily dark, but AFAIK amazons usually weren't very friendly against men.
Ahhh, I see. Hadn't looked at it from that angle. Yes, I can totally see how they might be menacing. Bad guys ought to think twice before attacking. Or trying anything else. Smile

GeeWillikers wrote:It's interesting to see the difference in the sculpts between these two models. Quite why they went for that bright red lipstick on the brown version is an intriguing mystery.
So true!!  I think they have a very different vibe. I initially had both on pre-order, but cancelled the brown version after seeing your pictures, because I don't think she would have fit in with this group, even though I really appreciate the different look she has. Not the usual sweet doll face. There is something else there.
What I also find interesting is the difference in the Spartan Army Commanders. I believe they are the same sculpt. What a difference a facial makes!

csyeung

csyeung
Nice Addition Diana! Looks great together as a trio!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum