OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Executive Replicas/TBLeague Heavy Metal TAARNA Information- cancelled

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Perfect Figure Toys

Perfect Figure Toys
I spoke with my Phicen reps this week and asked about several things.....one being that the new Bettie Page that has been shown around online is an Executive Replicas exclusive much like the Caroline Munro Vampirella. Which means one, you can't get it through regular channels, and two, it's way overpriced.

More importantly, apparently their deal with Heavy Metal is no longer. They tell me after many unsuccessful attempts at a prototype, the deal fell through. We will not be getting an official Taarna figure after all.

Which really sucks for me as that was the one I was looking forward to most. Just add it to the list of things that 2020 sucks at.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Aww man! That DOES Suck. I was actually looking forward to that one, as well. Thanks for the heads up. At times like this I miss Chung's rants about how awful Executive Replicas are.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Executive Replicas/TBLeague Heavy Metal TAARNA Information- cancelled C8485110

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Wait, were they really working on a Taarna? I thought that was just a wishful thinking that some had in a conversation here on the forum. Man, I loved the Heavy Metal franchise and having a TBLeague Taarna would be just amazing.
As you said, 2020 sucking more and more...

Executive Replicas/TBLeague Heavy Metal TAARNA Information- cancelled QQQg_s-R_400x400

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the heads up. It may be disappointing news, but better to know than not to...

Wraith64

Wraith64
This is a double-edged sword... disappointing but it will force me to go ahead and make a Taarna myself which is good. More to follow as I try my first build.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wraith64 wrote:This is a double-edged sword... disappointing but it will force me to go ahead and make a Taarna myself which is good. More to follow as I try my first build.

Good luck, and please do share your results! : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Wraith64

Wraith64
I will definitely do that. My plan is to try building out from as much off the shelf stuff I can find first so I can absorb all the knowledge and wisdom on this forum I can. Then go for as screen accurate (but realistic) as I can get in a version 2. I am starting with a Tbleague S22a but now that I have it in hand it may be a bit too muscular in her thighs. I have to make thigh high boots work so am considering acquiring a thinner-legged body. I've ordered some boots try out. The head sculpt is also a little challenging. Long story short, I will get something together then mod until I am happy. When I have more to share I will get some pictures going in a WIP thread. I have it in the back of my mind that if she comes out nice I am going to build her mount too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum