OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Devil Girl Tales (featuring TBLeague Purgatori)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

davidd

davidd
DEVIL GIRL TALES

Devil Girl Tales (featuring TBLeague Purgatori) Dg1

Devil Girl Tales (featuring TBLeague Purgatori) Dg2

Devil Girl Tales (featuring TBLeague Purgatori) Dg3

Devil Girl Tales (featuring TBLeague Purgatori) Dg4

Devil Girl Tales (featuring TBLeague Purgatori) Dg5

Devil Girl Tales (featuring TBLeague Purgatori) Dg6

Devil Girl Tales (featuring TBLeague Purgatori) Dg7

Devil Girl Tales (featuring TBLeague Purgatori) Dg8

Devil Girl Tales (featuring TBLeague Purgatori) Dg9

Devil Girl Tales (featuring TBLeague Purgatori) Dg10

BAMComix

BAMComix
Laughing Laughing Laughing Great stuff Dave! I always enjoy seeing what the devil girls are up too!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Good start. Very funny.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Devil Girl Tales (featuring TBLeague Purgatori) C8485110

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Very funny. I'm now kicking myself in the head for not getting that figure when it was available. Perhaps a re-release sometime?

davidd

davidd
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Very funny.  I'm now kicking myself in the head for not getting that figure when it was available.  Perhaps a re-release sometime?  

Odd thing was, it took a long time for the Purgatori figure to sell out. Now they are in short supply even on the secondary market and the price is beginning to climb. Some sellers are already asking as much for the recently released 1/12 scale version as the 1/6 version originally sold for.

The almost immediate sell-out of newly released figures (with some now selling out while still in pre-order status) and the rapidly escalating secondary market prices are taking some of the fun out of the hobby for me.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
davidd wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Very funny.  I'm now kicking myself in the head for not getting that figure when it was available.  Perhaps a re-release sometime?  

Odd thing was, it took a long time for the Purgatori figure to sell out. Now they are in short supply even on the secondary market and the price is beginning to climb. Some sellers are already asking as much for the recently released 1/12 scale version as the 1/6 version originally sold for.

The almost immediate sell-out of newly released figures (with some now selling out while still in pre-order status) and the rapidly escalating secondary market prices are taking some of the fun out of the hobby for me.

Yeah, well it's always a question of how much money you have and what your priorities are for figures and equipment and when I started my collection, I did not envision getting mixed up in Dal's universe or doing his style of comics. I had both feet planted in more scientifically accurate imaginary world and this prompted me to pass on figures that are pretty cool but didn't really fit in with what I thought I was going to do. As things evolved, and especially as Erika became a sillier character than originally conceived, I let go of a lot scientific reality.

davidd

davidd
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
davidd wrote:

Yeah, well it's always a question of how much money you have and what your priorities are for figures and equipment and when I started my collection, I did not envision getting mixed up in Dal's universe or doing his style of comics. I had both feet planted in more scientifically accurate imaginary world and this prompted me to pass on figures that are pretty cool but didn't really fit in with what I thought I was going to do.  As things evolved, and especially as Erika became a sillier character than originally conceived, I let go of a lot scientific reality.

You certainly seem to be having a lot of fun now that your "world" is somewhat less grounded in scientific reality... unless clinical insanity counts as scientific reality!
Razz

Even better, your tangents in to absurdist humor – often based on historical accuracy – have really jazzed things up, especially at the other forum!

Speaking of influences, partly as a result of "meeting" Erika, I am beginning to think seriously about wanting/needing an actual 1/6 scale tank. That will mean foregoing figure purchases for a long time!
But yeah, it can start to become expensive when we begin to think we need "just a few more" figures and characters.

I really need to stop worrying about purchasing and focus on developing what I have. Of course, that will mean more purchasing, but mostly clothing and accessories rather than figures. Although, unfortunately, I'm already beginning to think I will need at least one more body.
Rolling Eyes

At least bodies aren't yet as expensive as complete figures.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
davidd wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
davidd wrote:

Yeah, well it's always a question of how much money you have and what your priorities are for figures and equipment and when I started my collection, I did not envision getting mixed up in Dal's universe or doing his style of comics. I had both feet planted in more scientifically accurate imaginary world and this prompted me to pass on figures that are pretty cool but didn't really fit in with what I thought I was going to do.  As things evolved, and especially as Erika became a sillier character than originally conceived, I let go of a lot scientific reality.

You certainly seem to be having a lot of fun now that your "world" is somewhat less grounded in scientific reality... unless clinical insanity counts as scientific reality!
Razz

Even better, your tangents in to absurdist humor – often based on historical accuracy – have really jazzed things up, especially at the other forum!

Speaking of influences, partly as a result of "meeting" Erika, I am beginning to think seriously about wanting/needing an actual 1/6 scale tank. That will mean foregoing figure purchases for a long time!
But yeah, it can start to become expensive when we begin to think we need "just a few more" figures and characters.

I really need to stop worrying about purchasing and focus on developing what I have. Of course, that will mean more purchasing, but mostly clothing and accessories rather than figures. Although, unfortunately, I'm already beginning to think I will need at least one more body.
Rolling Eyes

At least bodies aren't yet as expensive as complete figures.

Though I'm grounded in scientific reality, my university degree is in history, not science so I'm actually more loathe to disregard historical fact than I am to disregard scientific reality and I've always been that way.  I have always been more than content to enjoy TV shows like Star Trek of The X Files, but try to recount the popular myth about Marshal Ney ordering the disastrous French cavalry charges at Waterloo, and I'm likely to give you a half-hour lecture on how it was Napoleon who ordered them and how do we know this and how no-one else had the authority to order them.  

Truth be told, I am much better at writing funny dialog than serious dialog and Erika has become something of a brain-damaged Colonel Klink.

As for Tanks, you've just missed your window to pre-order the latest run of Dragon's M4 Sherman tank from Monkey Depot, though maybe someone out there is still taking pre-orders.  Maybe not a bad thing as they were running around $500.00.  I suppose that next Dragon will be re-releasing their Panzer II kit, but what I'd really like is something like a Panzer III, IV or maybe a Stug III.  I got a pre-order in for a Jeep with .50 cal just before the pre-order window closed, though who knows if and when I'll get it?

Actually, you might still be able to pre-order the Sherman from Cotswold Collectibles
https://www.gijoeelite.com/M4A3-105mm-Howitzer-M4A375W-2-in-1-Sherman-Tank-wM2-50-cal-Model-Kit-16-ScaleBRPRE-ORDER-ETA-Nov-2020_p_24065.html

davidd

davidd
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:I suppose that next Dragon will be re-releasing their Panzer II kit, but what I'd really like is something like a Panzer III, IV or maybe a Stug III.  I got a pre-order in for a Jeep with .50 cal just before the pre-order window closed, though who knows if and when I'll get it?

You want a Stug III? Here you go:

(Forum won't let me insert links yet. Look for armortek dot com)

Although for that kind of money, you could probably buy a real one.  Rolling Eyes

Yeah, I'll be holding out for a Panzer IV.

And a winning lottery ticket.  Embarassed

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
I guess the value of souls has gone done considerably that now even the devils need credit. 😂 I hope they buy something nice at the mall.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Devil Girl Tales (featuring TBLeague Purgatori) 1f60e

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
davidd wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:I suppose that next Dragon will be re-releasing their Panzer II kit, but what I'd really like is something like a Panzer III, IV or maybe a Stug III.  I got a pre-order in for a Jeep with .50 cal just before the pre-order window closed, though who knows if and when I'll get it?

You want a Stug III? Here you go:

(Forum won't let me insert links yet. Look for armortek dot com)

Although for that kind of money, you could probably buy a real one.  Rolling Eyes

Yeah, I'll be holding out for a Panzer IV.

And a winning lottery ticket.  Embarassed

If you want a real Stug III, you probably need about a $500,000 and five years of your life to rebuild one from whatever pieces of rusted scrap are lying about. I'm afraid even the Armortek one is out of my price range. Don't need RC either. A Panzer IV with the long 75mm would be nice, but then I'd just paint it and decal it for Team Anglerfish from Girls und Panzer and it would become Kamiko's tank, not Erika's.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
It all makes sense. The invention of the credit card may have been one of the most nefarious inventions of all time. Forget Amazon, of course it works via invocation.

Totally a blast. And of course I love the tiki background!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nicely done. First time I've warmed up to the Purgatori character, thanks to this. I think you could offer it to Master Card for a commercial! But I do have an alternative theory as to why the spell wasn't working. By the looks of it, the computer didn't have Latin-language support and kept not understanding and underlining as wrong some of the words. Smile

davidd

davidd
Devil Girl Tales (featuring TBLeague Purgatori) 50987744156_ebd8312e85_z
Born to be Wild

Desdæmona and Liusyphora – Desi and Lucy to their friends – take the Vespa for a quick spin.

TBLeague PL2018-120 Purgatori figure(s)
New Ray 1/6 scale Vespa motor scooter

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
This is a great vehicle and two helluva pretty drivers.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
The story in the first post is really funny and an interesting take on the powers of a creditcard.

I agree with GnK that the Vespa with sidecar is awesome.

BAMComix

BAMComix
That's a great shot of the Devil sisters on the Scooter! (OOH, sounds like a Faithless Angels song!)

Illusion

Illusion
Laughing
cool figures!
and what a fun story with the credit card summoning... LOL

I have this Vespa too but the sidecar is such a terrific add-on Cool

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow! A Vespa with a sidecar — so cool. Who would have thought the thing would have enough body strength and motor power to be able to handle one.

Diana

Diana
Hah! Thank you! That was great! And you make them look even better! Smile

davidd

davidd
Devil Girl Tales (featuring TBLeague Purgatori) 50991860557_f24404da4d_z
More motor mayhem!

TBLeague Vampirella (Asian version)
TBLeague Lady Bat
New Ray 1/6 Vespa motor scooter

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
Oh Vampirella, I am lost.
I lie at your feet

Lilith: Now our service staff also want to have a say, we cannot tolerate that!

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
It's a good thing they're on a Vespa, because if they go too fast, Lady Bat will take off.

davidd

davidd
Uh oh! Somebody has been messing with Desdæmona's board!
Devil Girl Tales (featuring TBLeague Purgatori) Devilboard1
Devil Girl Tales (featuring TBLeague Purgatori) Devilboard2

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
NOOOO! Not the Ouija Board! Blasphemy!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: