OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Autumn Diorama

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Autumn Diorama Empty Autumn Diorama Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:40 pm

DonDeG

DonDeG
Hi Everyone!

I hope everyone is doing good during this crazy year! I recently did a photo shoot and thought I would share some of the photos with you all! It was intended to capture the autumn colors.

You can see the whole photo shoot at my blog or on my Flickr site. Am just linking a few of the shots here.

Enjoy!

Best wishes,

Don

Autumn Diorama 50552418141_38f7cc3884_cFallGrlz003 by Don, on Flickr

Autumn Diorama 50551680663_d322249f94_cFallGrlz004 by Don, on Flickr

Autumn Diorama 50551680718_34d64cf8d6_cFallGrlz006 by Don, on Flickr

Autumn Diorama 50552548512_a8e96d98a3_cFallGrlz008 by Don, on Flickr

Autumn Diorama 50552549097_f2138f8d2d_cFallGrlz016 by Don, on Flickr

Autumn Diorama 50552546937_5dc9922d2d_cFallGrlz030 by Don, on Flickr

And of course, one with the dolls:

Autumn Diorama 50552549492_b1443c6505_cFallGrlz036 by Don, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!

2Autumn Diorama Empty Re: Autumn Diorama Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:43 pm

rui

Setup looks gorgeous like it came from a home decorating magazine. Did you make the furnitures yourself?

3Autumn Diorama Empty Re: Autumn Diorama Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:49 pm

DonDeG

DonDeG
rui wrote:Setup looks gorgeous like it came from a home decorating magazine. Did you make the furnitures yourself?

Hi rui! Thanks for the nice comment! I only made the side table with the phone on it. All the rest was made by Annie Morrison who, IMHO, is the best there is.

4Autumn Diorama Empty Re: Autumn Diorama Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:55 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Holy crap, those interior shots look incredible, just like the real 1:1 thing!! In fact, it reminds me strongly of the house of some family friends I used to visit back in the day. The lighting is absolutely gorgeous and really ramps up the realism.

Those ladies are lucky to have such a nice place! ;D

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

5Autumn Diorama Empty Re: Autumn Diorama Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:14 pm

GregT

lol, I was scrolling through these pics for my wife, pausing only at #1 and #6....
she thought it was real-size! congrats on presenting something so lifelike,
and the ladies are ultra-cool, retro-chic. I always enjoy your posts!

6Autumn Diorama Empty Re: Autumn Diorama Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:05 pm

DonDeG

DonDeG
Dear skywalkersaga

Thank you for the enthusiastic comments! Yes, the natural lighting makes such a difference. I try to use it whenever I can. Haha..yes, the dolls are spoiled. They have better furniture than I do! jocolor

7Autumn Diorama Empty Re: Autumn Diorama Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:07 pm

DonDeG

DonDeG
GregT wrote:lol, I was scrolling through these pics for my wife, pausing only at #1 and #6....
she thought it was real-size! congrats on presenting something so lifelike,
and the ladies are ultra-cool, retro-chic. I always enjoy your posts!

Hey GregT! Great to hear from you! Haha! I'm glad to hear your wife like the shots! My wife does too. She complains when I buy the props but then always like the photos! Shocked

8Autumn Diorama Empty Re: Autumn Diorama Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:29 pm

davidd

davidd
Impressive work! I, too, thought the first photo was a full-scale room.

This post led me to your Flickr, and from Flickr to your blog.

I will have a lot of catching up to do!

9Autumn Diorama Empty Re: Autumn Diorama Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:34 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice to see you back, Don. Beautiful shots and decor, as usual. So much to look at and marvel over.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Autumn Diorama C8485110

10Autumn Diorama Empty Re: Autumn Diorama Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:13 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
DonDeG wrote:Dear skywalkersaga

Thank you for the enthusiastic comments! Yes, the natural lighting makes such a difference. I try to use it whenever I can. Haha..yes, the dolls are spoiled. They have better furniture than I do! jocolor

You're welcome! And I know the feeling, lol! My figures definitely have better clothing and shoes than I do, atm... Laughing

I came back to look at the photos yet again, and the whole thing is amazing, but what is truly blowing my mind are the textiles on the furnishings!! My goodness, that upholstery! That carpeting! It all looks so perfectly scaled. I know how difficult it can be to source fabric that looks right at smaller scales, so I'm particularly impressed by that.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

11Autumn Diorama Empty Re: Autumn Diorama Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:55 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Wow! That set just blows me away!

12Autumn Diorama Empty Re: Autumn Diorama Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:50 am

brassco

brassco
well, first look at your pictures...it couldn't be 1/6th! did you post in the wrong forum?

but hey! are those barbie dolls? or life size dolls?? I don't want to believe it...as it is so unbelievable!

13Autumn Diorama Empty Re: Autumn Diorama Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:26 am

Diana

Diana
Holy cow what an incredible setup! Very beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

14Autumn Diorama Empty Re: Autumn Diorama Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:55 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Wow that's really awesome, extremely convincing environment!

15Autumn Diorama Empty Re: Autumn Diorama Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:30 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Hey long time follower from flickr! Fantastic diorama, love all the colours and small details Very Happy

16Autumn Diorama Empty Re: Autumn Diorama Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:49 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Man, so gorgeous! It just looks like such a cozy fall day to be there, sipping cocktails, and feels like a perfect moment out of time. These photos really take me there.

17Autumn Diorama Empty Re: Autumn Diorama Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:00 pm

DonDeG

DonDeG
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice to see you back, Don. Beautiful shots and decor, as usual. So much to look at and marvel over.

Stryker! Glad to hear from you, My Friend! I hope you've been well! Thanks for popping in and commenting!

18Autumn Diorama Empty Re: Autumn Diorama Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:02 pm

DonDeG

DonDeG
brassco wrote:well, first look at your pictures...it couldn't be 1/6th! did you post in the wrong forum?

but hey! are those barbie dolls? or life size dolls?? I don't want to believe it...as it is so unbelievable!

I could think of a few comments about them being life sized dolls, but it wouldn't be family friendly! What a Face Thanks for the so nice comments! Basketball

19Autumn Diorama Empty Re: Autumn Diorama Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:03 pm

DonDeG

DonDeG
davidd wrote:Impressive work! I, too, thought the first photo was a full-scale room.

This post led me to your Flickr, and from Flickr to your blog.

I will have a lot of catching up to do!

Thank you davidd! That is very kind of you to check out my other sites! Thank you!

20Autumn Diorama Empty Re: Autumn Diorama Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:05 pm

DonDeG

DonDeG
ThePhotogsBlog, AerynDiana, PickleMunkey Thank you all for the super nice compliments!!!

21Autumn Diorama Empty Re: Autumn Diorama Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:05 pm

DonDeG

DonDeG
ReverendSpooky wrote:Man, so gorgeous!  It just looks like such a cozy fall day to be there, sipping cocktails, and feels like a perfect moment out of time.  These photos really take me there.

ReverendSpooky!! Great to hear from you! I hope all is going well with you!!

22Autumn Diorama Empty Re: Autumn Diorama Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:06 pm

DonDeG

DonDeG
BAMComix wrote:Hey long time follower from flickr! Fantastic diorama, love all the colours and small details Very Happy

I saw you over at Flickr! I'll be checking out your really extensive set of photos! It all looks very cool!

23Autumn Diorama Empty Re: Autumn Diorama Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:21 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Hey I remember scrolling through a most of your stuff on flickr, too! What you show here is just perfection. I don't know if I want you to tell us if the outsides visible through the window are real or not, haha. Lighting is so gorgeous, warm and cozy.

24Autumn Diorama Empty Re: Autumn Diorama Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:26 pm

DonDeG

DonDeG
Ovy wrote:Hey I remember scrolling through a most of your stuff on flickr, too! What you show here is just perfection. I don't know if I want you to tell us if the outsides visible through the window are real or not, haha. Lighting is so gorgeous, warm and cozy.

I don't mind. I love talking about the technical details. Yes, that is indeed my real backyard out the window! I try whenever possible to use sunlight to light the photos. It makes it seem so much more realistic.

25Autumn Diorama Empty Re: Autumn Diorama Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:19 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Your work is gorgeous as ever. I have to confess that this era is very far from being a favorite of mine, but your sixth-scale stuff and photography make me love it. As a bonus, these views of your backyard really don't clash with the scale!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum