OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tomoe (Phicen)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

21Tomoe (Phicen) - Page 2 Empty Re: Tomoe (Phicen) Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:44 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

TravelGuide wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:this is the 2nd version of Tomoe Gozen that was released by TBL. The original had a more Asian skin tone.  That notwithstanding, I have two of the current Tomoe head sculpts which I use for Kamiko, and they are a little more orange than the TBL pale bodies. This is barely noticeable to the naked eye, but sure shows up in photos when I warm up the images in Photoshop as I am prone to doing.
Ah, OK. Thanks. That explains.

Depending on the light she indeed does appear a bit more pinkish than the regular pale bodies. When she first arrived I tried the head on a pale body, and then I couldn't see the difference. Diid you just get the heads?

No, I got the heads many months apart, and both some time ago. Since I do almost nothing but kitbash, I tend to buy mainly from Monkey Depot. This requires explanation. I first created Kamiko as a DAZ 3D character around 6 years ago.

Tomoe (Phicen) - Page 2 46310235555_27efcfcece_bTokyo Alley_2 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

When I got involved in 1/6 scale a couple of years ago, I realized that I would have to create a 1/6th scale equivalent. The head that seemed the closest to DAZ Kamiko's was the Tomoe head sculpt, but there were none on the market at that time. Then Monkey Dep got a bunch of Tomoes and parted many of them out and so I grabbed one at $59.00. They are one of the most popular sculpts on the market it seems and command very high prices, even at Monkey Depot. 8 months...a year later ( I think) they got at least five more and so I grabbed another. I was right to do so immediately because by 11.00PM that night they were all sold out. It's not a perfect match for 3D Kamiko, but then the chances of finding one that was exactly 100% correct in every details is statistically 0%.

Since then, I have retired DAZ Kamiko, and toned down her personality somewhat to make the stories acceptable for posting on 1/6 scale forums, but the basics remain pretty much the same.

22Tomoe (Phicen) - Page 2 Empty Re: Tomoe (Phicen) Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:11 am

TravelGuide

I trimmed her sleeves. Looks much better Smile
Tomoe (Phicen) - Page 2 Img_5311

Tomoe (Phicen) - Page 2 Img_5310

Tomoe (Phicen) - Page 2 Img_5312

Tomoe (Phicen) - Page 2 Img_5315

Tomoe (Phicen) - Page 2 Img_5313

Tomoe (Phicen) - Page 2 Img_5314

23Tomoe (Phicen) - Page 2 Empty Re: Tomoe (Phicen) Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:51 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I agree, well done TG.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

24Tomoe (Phicen) - Page 2 Empty Re: Tomoe (Phicen) Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:13 pm

Gizems nice Kittens

She is a dangerous beauty.

25Tomoe (Phicen) - Page 2 Empty Re: Tomoe (Phicen) Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:55 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks good.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Tomoe (Phicen) - Page 2 C8485110

26Tomoe (Phicen) - Page 2 Empty Re: Tomoe (Phicen) Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:34 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Thank you guys!

27Tomoe (Phicen) - Page 2 Empty Re: Tomoe (Phicen) Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:33 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Wonderful pictures of a really great looking figure! Thanks for sharing her with us bounce

28Tomoe (Phicen) - Page 2 Empty Re: Tomoe (Phicen) Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:26 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
BAMComix wrote:Wonderful pictures of a really great looking figure! Thanks for sharing her with us bounce
Thank you!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum