OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Empty Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:31 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
In the setting sun, Tomoe Gozen took a ride in the dutch polders

Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Img_5017

Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Img_5026

Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Img_5018

Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Img_5021

Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Img_5019

Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Img_5020

Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Img_5023

Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Img_5024

Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Img_5022

Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Img_5025

Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Img_5110

Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Img_5111

Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Img_5113

Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Img_5114

Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Img_5112

In the first two pics she's not wearing her crown, I hadn't noticed it had fallen off during transport and was sitting in the bag.

2Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Empty Re: Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:07 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Excellent photos. Love the sunset pics the best.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders C8485110

3Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Empty Re: Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:36 pm

davidd

davidd
Lovely setting, and a gorgeous figure! Nice pics!

4Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Empty Re: Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:49 pm

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
Great pictures. But who invited her to your house? scratch

5Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Empty Re: Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:35 pm

Chip

Stunning figure and photos , first three I thought particularly nice .

6Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Empty Re: Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:47 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautiful photography, many of the shots look entirely realistic.

7Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Empty Re: Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:12 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh how pretty! Love everything about these. She is probably my fave of your figures so far. ^.^

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

8Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Empty Re: Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:20 am

Illusion

Illusion
beautiful pics of a beautiful lady.
yes, the sunset pics are best.

I am just a little puzzled because I had expected this other Tomoe Gozen figure of yours where you trimmed some outfit parts.

9Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Empty Re: Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:08 am

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Stryker2011 wrote:Excellent photos. Love the sunset pics the best.
Thank you so much! I like those too.

davidd wrote:Lovely setting, and a gorgeous figure! Nice pics!
Thank you so much! She is very nice indeed (although not nearly as nice as her promopics suggested).

Gizems nice Kittens wrote:Great pictures. But who invited her to your house? scratch
Thank you so much! She has been appearing in our garden lately

Chip wrote:Stunning figure and photos , first three I thought particularly nice .
Thank you very much!

GubernatorFan wrote:Beautiful photography, many of the shots look entirely realistic.
Thank you very much!

skywalkersaga wrote:Oh how pretty! Love everything about these. She is probably my fave of your figures so far. ^.^
Thank you so much! She is not nearly as pretty as the promopictures (actually the HS doesn't even look like the promopictures). Below picture is from Stryker's New Product thread.
Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders 15121510

Initially she was a big disappointment to me, but she's a nice figure anyway. I really like her coat and trousers. Which is why I took her armour off when she arrived. I've been thinking to put it on her again (it too looks nice), but it was quite some work to get it off, and most likely to put it on too. And she really looks good like this.

Lexi still is my favorite figure. I've got her now 7 years and taken loads of pictures of her. If this one was as pretty as the promopics, she may have been able to challenge Lexi.

Illusion wrote:beautiful pics of a beautiful lady.
yes, the sunset pics are best.

I am just a little puzzled because I had expected this other Tomoe Gozen figure of yours where you trimmed some outfit parts.
Thank you so much!

Sorry to confuse you. I understand your confusion though. This is the Poptoys figure of the historical Tomoe Gozen, as described in Stryker's new product thread about her. I have posted pictures of her there, and also in BAM-comix' thread A bit of snow.

The other is Phicen/TBLeagues Tomoe figure, who is a comicbook character named after the historical figure. I still need to trim her sleeves. When I've done that I will take more pics of her. And most likely of them together too, to add to the confusion Wink

10Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Empty Re: Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:34 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
beautiful pics!

11Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Empty Re: Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:38 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I understand the disappointment when figures don't look like the promos, but taken as she is, without reference to it, she's a very nice looking figure anyway. Smile

12Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Empty Re: Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:23 pm

Illusion

Illusion
skywalkersaga wrote:I understand the disappointment when figures don't look like the promos, but taken as she is, without reference to it, she's a very nice looking figure anyway. Smile

my thoughts exactly... I had not known the promos and thought - based upon the above pics - that she is really a lovely lady with a nice face. There are so much worse examples for discrepancies between promos and reality. So, heads up for this one!

Cool armor too, btw.

13Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Empty Re: Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:50 am

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
I think when you see Tomoe without knowing the promotional images she makes a good figure. Especially together with the horse I like her very much.
She needs a real task, because if she gets bored she might rebel. She could guard your garden, that no monsters sneak in or watch the surroundings when you make your excursions.

14Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Empty Re: Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:24 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Thank you all very much. She is indeed a nice figure, although I doubt I would have gotten her if her promopictures reflected her as she is. After initial disappointment I do not regret getting her. Otherwise I wouldn't have taken this many pictures of her. She does look good on her horse. Even though apparantly the horse isn't the most realistic, I think it works well.

15Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Empty Re: Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:51 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Your photos bring out the best in both the figure and the horse. Thanks again for sharing. : )

16Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Empty Re: Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:09 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
The hazy shots work particularly well, adding to the realism.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

17Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Empty Re: Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:24 pm

A Man

TravelGuide wrote:Initially she was a big disappointment to me
I can understand your disappointment, I can certainly relate to being disappointed by something not living up to the pre-production marketing photos. In fact, there are very few brands I will pre-order something from again.

Having said that, your against-the-light photos in the low winter sun were magic.

18Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Empty Re: Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:50 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
skywalkersaga wrote:Your photos bring out the best in both the figure and the horse. Thanks again for sharing. : )
You're welcome. It was fun making them.
ukshaun wrote:The hazy shots work particularly well, adding to the realism.
Thank you!
A Man wrote:
TravelGuide wrote:Initially she was a big disappointment to me
I can understand your disappointment, I can certainly relate to being disappointed by something not living up to the pre-production marketing photos. In fact, there are very few brands I will pre-order something from again.

Having said that, your against-the-light photos in the low winter sun were magic.
Thank you!

19Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Empty Re: Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:04 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Everything about this is gorgeous - the figure and clothing, Tomoe's valiant steed, the scenery with the reflections and sunset in the water... Just all around fantastic captures. This is the same reason I got distracted just aimlessly riding around on my horse while playing Ghost of Tsushima (even the blades of grass blowing in the wind was hypnotizing, haha). Thank you for sharing!

20Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Empty Re: Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:56 am

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Thank you!

21Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Empty Re: Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:30 am

Ovy

Ovy
Great job, red gold and white look perfect in natural light.

Fun fact: I have this post apocalyptic red pseudo samurai rider located near Rotterdam, but no horse yet haha.

22Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Empty Re: Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:26 am

Diana

Diana
Gorgeous photos of a beautiful figure and a frickin awesome horse!
I actually wanted to look up that figure until I saw that luckily you already provided the info. Smile
She really is beautiful, regardless of the promo pics. I prefer her without the armor and crown. Looks more personal that way.

23Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Empty Re: Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:20 am

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
This seems to be my most popular figure.

Ovy wrote:Great job, red gold and white look perfect in natural light.

Fun fact: I have this post apocalyptic red pseudo samurai rider located near Rotterdam, but no horse yet haha.
Thank you! The pics were taken close to Amsterdam, but that's not really far from Rotterdam either.

Diana wrote:Gorgeous photos of a beautiful figure and a frickin awesome horse!
I actually wanted to look up that figure until I saw that luckily you already provided the info. Smile
She really is beautiful, regardless of the promo pics. I prefer her without the armor and crown. Looks more personal that way.
Thank you! Her coat is just too nice to hide behind the armour.

24Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Empty Re: Tomoe Gozen in the dutch polders Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:11 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Awww... so beautyful ! I´m in love with Your sunset pictures

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum