OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague 1/6 Knight of Fire GOLD/SILVER/BLACK

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Ghost808

They are nice and all, thanks for sharing, and they are an improvement on Phicen's earlier figures, but it just feels like more of the same.
Big booby fantasy woman in horny hats. (I'm not adverse to booby fantasy woman btw) i just feel it's getting stale.

I wish tbleague would do a sci fi female, in the same vein as Doonan from Appleseed, or better yet a sexy Halo style super soldier/doom marine. Something part heavy armoured, with fabric or exposed areas, but still curvaceous.

And before anyone mentions it, I'm going to pretend Galaxy soldier doesn't exist, because aside from the HS, I thought it was awful. Just my opinion.

But alas, just more barbarian chicks!

Diana

Ghost808 wrote:They are nice and all, thanks for sharing, and they are an improvement on Phicen's earlier figures, but it just feels like more of the same.
Big booby fantasy woman in horny hats. (I'm not adverse to booby fantasy woman btw) i just feel it's getting stale.

I wish tbleague would do a sci fi female, in the same vein as Doonan from Appleseed, or better yet a sexy Halo style super soldier/doom marine. Something part heavy armoured, with fabric or exposed areas, but still curvaceous.

And before anyone mentions it, I'm going to pretend Galaxy soldier doesn't exist, because aside from the HS, I thought it was awful. Just my opinion.

But alas, just more barbarian chicks!
I think the judgment is a little harsh, but I understand what you mean. I would appreciate more modern as well as possible not over-the-top sci-fi themed offerings, too. I also wasn't a big fan of the Galaxy Soldier.

But the "full armor" thing for female figures is quite new for TBLeague, starting with the Imperial Guardian and continued with Royal Defender and now this. It shows they are indeed trying new things and it seems to be working, even though they haven't hit my nerve with those releases. But I foresee a few not so skimpy releases in the TBL future. Smile

How about a modern Vampire Slayer? Smile

I actually really like what they did with the Spartan series. Lots of characters that would look amazing together on the shelf!
So how about a modern or futuristic attractive rather than sexy equivalent?
"The Biologist", "The Nerd", "The Street Thug", "The Forest Witch", "The Superstar", "The Dancer", "The Fighter", "The Gangster", "The Boss"...
all with a male and a female version. Kitbashing heaven!! Shocked

It's better they keep doing what they're doing... Laughing

FreakinLobster

Diana wrote:

"The Biologist", "The Nerd", "The Street Thug", "The Forest Witch", "The Superstar", "The Dancer", "The Fighter", "The Gangster", "The Boss"...

YES! THIS! PLEASE! Specially the ones in bold for me.

Ghost808

Diana wrote:
I think the judgment is a little harsh, but I understand what you mean. I would appreciate more modern as well as possible not over-the-top sci-fi themed offerings, too. I also wasn't a big fan of the Galaxy Soldier.

But the "full armor" thing for female figures is quite new for TBLeague, starting with the Imperial Guardian and continued with Royal Defender and now this. It shows they are indeed trying new things and it seems to be working, even though they haven't hit my nerve with those releases. But I foresee a few not so skimpy releases in the TBL future. Smile

I actually really like what they did with the Spartan series. Lots of characters that would look amazing together on the shelf!

It's better they keep doing what they're doing... Laughing

Dont get me wrong, I've liked a lot of the previous figures. The first Spartan in particular, I really liked. I have imperial guardian and I've used parts from several of the previous fantasy offerings, to kitbash.

It's just that they seem to exclusively only do fantasy lately, with the exception of a few random and sometimes obscure licensed figures.
These figures look an awful lot like a less "slooty" version of some previously released figures. Not really anything new.
I'd just love to see some more diversity, rather than rehashed or improved older figure styles.

And it's not just phicen. The whole hobby is lacking decent female sci-fi overall.

gooboo

These are getting parted out on ebay now. Looks like the body is indeed the Viking Woman/Month body- at the same price as a regular body too! (for the moment...)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164909711322?epid=3044068091&hash=item2665627fda:g:6~EAAOSwHudgxIZa

TBLeague - TBLeague 1/6 Knight of Fire GOLD/SILVER/BLACK - Page 2 Body10

Just bought one myself. If you've been waiting for a Viking Woman body but don't want to pay the absurd scalper's price, you can get one much cheaper now, although I suspect they'll raise the price over time.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
What is it about the Viking Woman and now Knights of Fire bodies that set them apart?  Unfortunately, I’m not the most observant person in the world and often don’t see particular details until someone points them out to me.

I just realized, after looking at these pictures for the first time in awhile, how “sculpt-centric” I am.  If a sculpt/hairstyle doesn’t capture my attention, I don’t look any further.  Coming from the 1/12 world, I’m still getting used to the fact that there are a plethora of sculpts to choose from in 1/6.  Now that I’m looking at the actual outfits, I may be tempted to pick one up.  It might be fun to pick up the silver one since that’s the only one of the three Spartan Commanders I passed on.

gooboo

It's a nicely shaped body that hasn't received a general release yet. If Phicen had released them as a base figure already it wouldn't be such a big deal, but for whatever reason the only way to get it is buying the bodies from parted out sets.

csyeung

csyeung
Are these taller than the regular bodies? (s23/s19/s117 etc)

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
If it is either of the Viking Woman or Montu body-types, then it's a Viking Woman (the Montu has a smaller bust).

csyeung wrote:Are these taller than the regular bodies? (s23/s19/s117 etc)

Yes (slightly). It is very similar to an S42/43, tall and 'sturdy' without being overly-muscular (it is slightly less 'curvy' and the muscles - abs, legs and arms - are a little more defined than a 42/43, however).

And of course, it can stand on it's own two feet.

I'd rather this had been parted out with the net bodysuit than the 'skirt', but ya cayn't always git whatchoo want.

The heads for this are rather nice, too - the redhead especially (which is probably why they're asking stupid prices for that one as opposed to the other two).

UPDATE: The last one of the parted-out bodies seems to have sold (I bought one on Sunday and the listing was still up afterwards, but today it says 'out of stock'). The seller certainly doesn't seem to be aware they had a rare(ish) body as they usually charge well over the odds for the most mundane items, let alone anything that they consider scarce. I imagine if they get hold of any more, they'll be bumping the price right up.

And as if to prove that, I just looked at their listing for the more obviously unique Mont body, and they're asking more than double the price they were charging for this one!  Shocked
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164763689148?hash=item265cae60bc:g:0poAAOSwb41gRSCr

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
gooboo wrote:It's a nicely shaped body that hasn't received a general release yet. If Phicen had released them as a base figure already it wouldn't be such a big deal, but for whatever reason the only way to get it is buying the bodies from parted out sets.

It's really strange, isn't it? Ordinarily I'd say it was a marketing ploy to move more sets based on the rare body-types, but as TBL don't seem to care to even hint at the fact they're using them in some sets (leaving us to try and figure it out), it's totally baffling.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It really is confusing, in terms of which bodies they release as base bodies, and which they don't. So far, this is the only tbleague body I know of that they have used extensively for boxed figures but haven't given a release on its own.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
The seller has relisted the body - all three A/B/C variants this time (they all look like the same VW body-type  - or at least, the seller is using the same pic with a different skirt for each).

Still reasonably priced...

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
skywalkersaga wrote:So far, this is the only tbleague body I know of that they have used extensively for boxed figures but haven't given a release on its own.

Wayyyy back in the mists of 2015/16, I seem to remember they used (I think) the S23 in a few sets before finally releasing it as a base body, so it's not entirely unheard of. Very unusual to still be doing it in this day and age, though.

I know I'll never buy a full Knight Of Fire set, and so last night I caved in and bought the redhead sculpt to match the body I bought last weekend. I managed to haggle the price down by a few dollarpounds, but even so, it is officially the most I've ever spent on a sculpt. In fact I think I heard my bank manager's cry of despair in the distance. In the final analysis of the cold light of day, realistically I've probably 'only' saved £50-60 on buying the full set, and if I hadn't already bought the body I'd (probably) have thought twice.

It is a lovely sculpt, though.

TBLeague - TBLeague 1/6 Knight of Fire GOLD/SILVER/BLACK - Page 2 S-l1600

If I haven't put the family in the workhouse before it disappears, I'll probably get the blonde sculpt at some point as well.

And... maybe another body to go with it.

"I just 'ope The Wife don't find out." Neutral

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
So I now have four parted-out bodies and two sculpts from these sets (the one above and the silver/blonde).

The sculpts are very nice (the redhead in particular) but the rooting of the hair on both is appallingly done, cheap knockoff standard. Where the parting meets the scalp there is a massive 'bald spot' which is simply the pvc scalp in the same colour as the hair itself. There is enough hair, it's just really poorly and patchily rooted in the front of the scalp. On the redhead, at least it's just a matter of keeping the hair set so it hides it (as the seller of the above sculpt clearly did). It's much worse on the blonde, though - so much so that I had to restyle the hair into a centre-parting and glue some to the scalp to cover it. I've seen similar troublesome patterning in other TBL sculpts, but it's particularly egregious with these. Neutral

The bodies meanwhile seem more readily available than the identical Viking Woman body, and are also remaining comparatively inexpensive.

TBL are really shooting themselves in the (seamless) foot by holding these back as base bodies. I've got five now altogether (one VW and four KoF), and by the time TBL pull their fingers out and release it I probably won't need many more.

40TBLeague - TBLeague 1/6 Knight of Fire GOLD/SILVER/BLACK - Page 2 Empty this is the golden version Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:29 pm

Tabul

most pieces came from monkeydepot and purposely did not get the cloak or the fishnet suit, and that mid section cloth-flap. At first wanted to use my s28 , but sadly her chest wasn't up for it. the only issue with the helmet was that some headsculpt's ears were in the way and wouldn't fit right, luckily had my spare viking woman HS and it worked, probably in the future will replace with a more appropriate HS. ps the spear is from silver spartan
TBLeague - TBLeague 1/6 Knight of Fire GOLD/SILVER/BLACK - Page 2 Knight_of_fire__golden__by_adelphievs_derhdha-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTQ4NCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2I0MDZmOTBlLWU0NWMtNDcxOC04ODUzLWU3MmViZmQ2MWNmZlwvZGVyaGRoYS04OWNiNDQxMS05YWMxLTQzMmUtOTIzNi0yNDQzOWZmMmRiM2YuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice looking fantasy warrior, Tabul.

Tabul

even though my first choice was the black version, the gold was my second and is growing on me. hopefully now I will be more descriptive when writing about armors.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Well, this tells me why I wasn’t interested in the Knights of Fire.  They were too cluttered.  Too many different elements that really didn’t work well together,  (In my own opinion).

Tabul’s version, on the other hand, looks fantastic.  I really can’t believe the difference.  Exceptionally well done, Tabul!

Kallor8

I got the silver version of these and I have to say this is easily the...I don't know if cheapest feeling is the right way to put it, but elements of this figure feel so flimsy and haphazardly designed/held together like you'd get from a budget figure.

The head sculpt's hair fell apart immediately upon (carefully) trying the helmet, and I've since tried the helmet on multiple other TBL heads like Spartan Commander, Tariah, Arhian, etc and they held up completely fine so it really seems like the included head sculpt is just constructed in exactly the wrong way for the head accessory it comes with.

The side hip armor and little front flap are held on by rather weak adhesive glue. I had issues with the Royal Defender's chains but I didn't know how good I had it until dealing with trying to push this thing back together haha.

I *WILL* say, however, that because my issues all seem to be based on the weakness/failing of various adhesives on this figure that it's possible I got a bad one or one that was stored poorly and others figures will hold together better, I don't know. I still think it's a bad design decision to glue these things in the manner and places they did, but I wanted to put that out there because I was just reading in the other thread about environment impacting this kind of thing.

Aesthetically, the head sculpt looks nice and the armor is great minus the awful heels and silly cape deco. Weapons are really nice, epic looking stuff and so long as you don't touch it the figure looks imposing all put together:)

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I’m sorry to hear that, Kallor.  Once I started taking Robyn Hood’s outfit apart to see how difficult it would be to sew her a new one (something I used to be pretty good at once upon a time), I realized that the gratuitous use of adhesive glue was a big problem.

I was hoping that TBL had cleaned that up since Robyn is six or seven years old and I haven’t had any issues with my newer TBL figures, but I guess not.

Since I haven’t heard many complaints about the KoF figures, and based on the feedback I got, I’m thinking it’s got to have something to do with too many changes in humidity.

I’m starting to think these figures may be like laminate/vinyl/wood flooring.  You have to let them sit in your home for 48 hours before opening them so that they can acclimate to your home’s environment.  Laughing

Kallor8

Xavion2004 wrote:
I was hoping that TBL had cleaned that up since Robyn is six or seven years old and I haven’t had any issues with my newer TBL figures, but I guess not.

To be fair to TBL, this one stood out to me because my other TBL figures have felt pretty good/solid and well made.  I do notice a trend lately of some weirdly fragile design choices, but this is the first one that felt like it just fell apart on me.

Since I haven’t heard many complaints about the KoF figures, and based on the feedback I got, I’m thinking it’s got to have something to do with too many changes in humidity.

I’m starting to think these figures may be like laminate/vinyl/wood flooring.   You have to let them sit in your home for 48 hours before opening them so that they can acclimate to your home’s environment.  Laughing

Yeah, that was my thinking after reading the other thread, that humidity changes killed my knight.  I was ending my other post and realizing I was kind of bashing the figure and wanted to make sure I put the note at the end for people so they had all relevant info.  I was pretty disappointed with this offering, but part of that was because I was really waiting and waiting for this one because it looked (to me at least) so damn cool.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I hope people understand that when I post some of my rants.  If I didn’t like the figure so much to begin with, I wouldn’t care if I was having issues with it.

Not that I think you were ranting, just that I’m sure I have a reputation for ranting at this point.  😂

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
The hair on the Silver Knight sculpt is appallingly executed (see my own complaint above) - a huge bald patch and badly-rooted where there is any hair. I'd hoped it was a one-off production misstep with mine, but it seems not. A great shame, as I really like that intense expression.

The hair on the Gold sculpt is better, thankfully, but even that one isn't up to TBL's usual standard.

'cheap'-looking is right.

Diana

Diana
Xavion2004 wrote:I’m starting to think these figures may be like laminate/vinyl/wood flooring.   You have to let them sit in your home for 48 hours before opening them so that they can acclimate to your home’s environment.  Laughing
When I got one of my figures, I think it was a HT, I got a note saying exactly that. Leave it to acclimate for 24 or even 48 hours before opening it.

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
If it’s okay to post photos here - I think so? - some Goldie swashbuckling.  My first TBLeague figure, so I’m not suffering design fatigue yet!  I’d rather have had a viking lady but missed the boat on those, so she is a great fantasy starter for me.  Flat boots and less boob would have been ideal, but anyway, she is pretty cool I think.  Will have to glue a couple of bits back on - helmet wings and one arm brace popped off.

TBLeague - TBLeague 1/6 Knight of Fire GOLD/SILVER/BLACK - Page 2 2a3d7510
TBLeague - TBLeague 1/6 Knight of Fire GOLD/SILVER/BLACK - Page 2 18cf7f10

csyeung

csyeung
Nice pics! Always welcome more pics of final products! Welcome to the forum!

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Tanzenwolfe wrote:If it’s okay to post photos here - I think so? - some Goldie swashbuckling.  My first TBLeague figure, so I’m not suffering design fatigue yet!  I’d rather have had a viking lady but missed the boat on those, so she is a great fantasy starter for me.  Flat boots and less boob would have been ideal, but anyway, she is pretty cool I think.  

(SFW) Photos (and new members) are always welcome Smile

If you want an (almost) identical body but with a smaller bust (and don't mind the hassle of undressing this one), an S47b is probably your best bet. Although the chest armour might not look right on it.

I rehaired my own problematic 'balding' Silver Knight and she looks much better now - although the resemblance to the Keirs and 'a certain actress' is now much more obvious to me than it was before...

TBLeague - TBLeague 1/6 Knight of Fire GOLD/SILVER/BLACK - Page 2 DSCN5548

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome aboard. Pretty nice photos. Sorry to hear about the issues with some of the armor.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague - TBLeague 1/6 Knight of Fire GOLD/SILVER/BLACK - Page 2 C8485110

peanutsinspace

peanutsinspace
GeeWillikers wrote:
Tanzenwolfe wrote:If it’s okay to post photos here - I think so? - some Goldie swashbuckling.  My first TBLeague figure, so I’m not suffering design fatigue yet!  I’d rather have had a viking lady but missed the boat on those, so she is a great fantasy starter for me.  Flat boots and less boob would have been ideal, but anyway, she is pretty cool I think.  

(SFW) Photos (and new members) are always welcome Smile

If you want an (almost) identical body but with a smaller bust (and don't mind the hassle of undressing this one), an S47b is probably your best bet. Although the chest armour might not look right on it.

I rehaired my own problematic 'balding' Silver Knight and she looks much better now - although the resemblance to the Keirs and 'a certain actress' is now much more obvious to me than it was before...

TBLeague - TBLeague 1/6 Knight of Fire GOLD/SILVER/BLACK - Page 2 DSCN5548

I've got my silver as a redhead and my gold as a brunette

TBLeague - TBLeague 1/6 Knight of Fire GOLD/SILVER/BLACK - Page 2 1

TBLeague - TBLeague 1/6 Knight of Fire GOLD/SILVER/BLACK - Page 2 2

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum