OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague 1/6 Knight of Fire GOLD/SILVER/BLACK

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

csyeung

Nice pics! Always welcome more pics of final products! Welcome to the forum!

GeeWillikers

Tanzenwolfe wrote:If it’s okay to post photos here - I think so? - some Goldie swashbuckling.  My first TBLeague figure, so I’m not suffering design fatigue yet!  I’d rather have had a viking lady but missed the boat on those, so she is a great fantasy starter for me.  Flat boots and less boob would have been ideal, but anyway, she is pretty cool I think.  

(SFW) Photos (and new members) are always welcome Smile

If you want an (almost) identical body but with a smaller bust (and don't mind the hassle of undressing this one), an S47b is probably your best bet. Although the chest armour might not look right on it.

I rehaired my own problematic 'balding' Silver Knight and she looks much better now - although the resemblance to the Keirs and 'a certain actress' is now much more obvious to me than it was before...

TBLeague - TBLeague 1/6 Knight of Fire GOLD/SILVER/BLACK - Page 3 DSCN5548

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Welcome aboard. Pretty nice photos. Sorry to hear about the issues with some of the armor.

peanutsinspace

GeeWillikers wrote:
Tanzenwolfe wrote:If it’s okay to post photos here - I think so? - some Goldie swashbuckling.  My first TBLeague figure, so I’m not suffering design fatigue yet!  I’d rather have had a viking lady but missed the boat on those, so she is a great fantasy starter for me.  Flat boots and less boob would have been ideal, but anyway, she is pretty cool I think.  

If you want an (almost) identical body but with a smaller bust (and don't mind the hassle of undressing this one), an S47b is probably your best bet. Although the chest armour might not look right on it.

I rehaired my own problematic 'balding' Silver Knight and she looks much better now - although the resemblance to the Keirs and 'a certain actress' is now much more obvious to me than it was before...

I've got my silver as a redhead and my gold as a brunette

TBLeague - TBLeague 1/6 Knight of Fire GOLD/SILVER/BLACK - Page 3 1

TBLeague - TBLeague 1/6 Knight of Fire GOLD/SILVER/BLACK - Page 3 2

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice heads, peanuts.

peanutsinspace

peanutsinspace
Thank you!

Diana

Diana
TBLeague - TBLeague 1/6 Knight of Fire GOLD/SILVER/BLACK - Page 3 1f3b5 What a difference the hair makes... TBLeague - TBLeague 1/6 Knight of Fire GOLD/SILVER/BLACK - Page 3 1f3b6

Great work everyone!

And welcome aboard Tanzenwolfe!

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
csyeung wrote:Nice pics! Always welcome more pics of final products! Welcome to the forum!
Thank you, it’s fun to find it!
GeeWillikers wrote:

Thank you… I’m trying to resist the allure of adding more bodies heads etc, but it probably will just happen anyway so great to know more about what models might work.  Great re-hair, mine luckily seems pretty well done. Did you re-root it? 

Stryker2011 wrote:Welcome aboard. Pretty nice photos. Sorry to hear about the issues with some of the armor.
Thanks, luckily my hobbies have resulted in a nerdy array of adhesives so they are now secured and drying pretty well - fairly minor easy fixes. Hopefully that will be it….
peanutsinspace wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:

Wow really makes a difference! Fantastic locks. That’s great to know, and nice choices!
Diana wrote:TBLeague - TBLeague 1/6 Knight of Fire GOLD/SILVER/BLACK - Page 3 1f3b5 What a difference the hair makes... TBLeague - TBLeague 1/6 Knight of Fire GOLD/SILVER/BLACK - Page 3 1f3b6

Great work everyone!

And welcome aboard Tanzenwolfe!
Ditto and thanks very much!  Wink

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Tanzenwolfe wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:I rehaired my own problematic 'balding' Silver Knight and she looks much better now - although the resemblance to the Keirs and 'a certain actress' is now much more obvious to me than it was before...

Great re-hair, mine luckily seems pretty well done. Did you re-root it?

No it was just a straight skull-cap swap, I don't have the time or patience or remaining life expectancy for re-rooting Laughing

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe

Great re-hair, mine luckily seems pretty well done. Did you re-root it?

No it was just a straight skull-cap swap, I don't have the time or patience or remaining life expectancy for re-rooting Laughing

Oh that’s useful to know about skull-cap swaps. I hear you, I tried making a tiny wig once….

gooboo

Are these heads kind of small like TBLeague's most recent head sculpts? Thinking about picking up one of these on ebay, but I'm not sure I will if they're small again.

phicenenthusiast

phicenenthusiast
peanutsinspace wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:

The gold set head looks great as a brunette! It's a good combo. That's what I have in my current profile picture.

Annalise

Annalise
GeeWillikers wrote:No it was just a straight skull-cap swap

Did you swap with another TBL skull cap or do those Kumik wigs on Ebay work for this?

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
gooboo wrote:Are these heads kind of small like TBLeague's most recent head sculpts? Thinking about picking up one of these on ebay, but I'm not sure I will if they're small again.

I've got the Silver and Gold and they're both 'normal' sized.

Annalise wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:No it was just a straight skull-cap swap

Did you swap with another TBL skull cap or do those Kumik wigs on Ebay work for this?

It definitely wasn't a TBL. It had been lying around loose for while, but I think it was the hair cap from an Anne Hathaway Selina Kyle/Catwoman knock-off. I don't see why a Kumik wig wouldn't work though, they're essentially the same thing.

EDIT: No scratch that - I remember now it was the hair cap from a (probably knock-off) Hot Toys Penelope Cruz PoTC sculpt.

phicenenthusiast

phicenenthusiast
Not sure how people will like this idea, but I sometimes like to buy the knock-off TBLeague heads and just use the hair. You can get them on Ali Express in the $20 range. I think it's worth it as the hair pieces fit "real" TBLeague products well and they're sturdier and not as flexible as the loose wigs you can get. I think just the convenience is worth the extra cost.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum