OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

LUCIFER/EDBER/BIGLAKE CLARION CALL AT DAWN - CENTAUR ON THE MARCH

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

brassco

brassco
LUCIFER/EDBER/BIGLAKE CLARION CALL AT DAWN - CENTAUR ON THE MARCH 145935phtd8g6ddndnzhrb
LUCIFER/EDBER/BIGLAKE CLARION CALL AT DAWN - CENTAUR ON THE MARCH 145936o82nnnieskplsbmp
LUCIFER/EDBER/BIGLAKE CLARION CALL AT DAWN - CENTAUR ON THE MARCH 145936mzndt1iv77s7lzfz
LUCIFER/EDBER/BIGLAKE CLARION CALL AT DAWN - CENTAUR ON THE MARCH 145936hwv2z5mmq9w6cg2y
LUCIFER/EDBER/BIGLAKE CLARION CALL AT DAWN - CENTAUR ON THE MARCH 145936tb2ugbzxja5055rx
LUCIFER/EDBER/BIGLAKE CLARION CALL AT DAWN - CENTAUR ON THE MARCH 145937ih9mcdkjq4qhe9hq
LUCIFER/EDBER/BIGLAKE CLARION CALL AT DAWN - CENTAUR ON THE MARCH 145937u0oul9ilm305ul90
LUCIFER/EDBER/BIGLAKE CLARION CALL AT DAWN - CENTAUR ON THE MARCH 145937jfdnznqdngfezg6k
LUCIFER/EDBER/BIGLAKE CLARION CALL AT DAWN - CENTAUR ON THE MARCH 145938pwwfgf5fnznwmm37
LUCIFER/EDBER/BIGLAKE CLARION CALL AT DAWN - CENTAUR ON THE MARCH 145938rfjsssfqnjsfjsi6
LUCIFER/EDBER/BIGLAKE CLARION CALL AT DAWN - CENTAUR ON THE MARCH 145938i7773kic7sgn37tw
LUCIFER/EDBER/BIGLAKE CLARION CALL AT DAWN - CENTAUR ON THE MARCH 145938lsej7uidntpesuvc
LUCIFER/EDBER/BIGLAKE CLARION CALL AT DAWN - CENTAUR ON THE MARCH 145939aziid55k8clbdd5c
LUCIFER/EDBER/BIGLAKE CLARION CALL AT DAWN - CENTAUR ON THE MARCH 145939gy0k9tbohpo3ip0j

Diana

Diana
WOW! That's one weird Centaur... Shocked
I don't want to see how that tail is attached...

That's just too weird to me. But gorgeous nonetheless. The Sculpt! And I love the armor! (I have use for that shoulder guard! Smile )

Let's see now it turns out!

Theflyingman

Gorgeous stuff. But looks like a statue?

brassco

brassco
they are producing the statue and the action figure at the same time.

This is the first announcement. The promotional pictures with actual prototype will follow soon...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
What the heck.... why does she have a lower body is that is basically human but just... doubled and with a tail, instead of an actual horse/equine lower body?

Agree with Diana that it is just too bizarre. Gives much more of an uncanny valley/creepy vibe than anything else... Shocked

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Theflyingman

Skywalker, the more I look at it the more I think it's to score some sexy points. In a strange way lol.

Ovy

Ovy
Centaurs always trigger my inner hidden science person.
I think it's a satirical take on the mythological centaur which never made any sense to begin with and will always be completely ridiculous, however one tries to explain it with magic. I wonder what her babies might look like. And how they learn to walk. Multiple times I pondered and read about the stupid biology of centaurs and always came to the conclusion, that one Greek dude one day said to himself "What if we could attach amputated humans to the throat of a beheaded horse". or something. At least she doesn't have to eat for an entire horse body through her tiny human mouth. This way she has more time for intense mouth breathing to support the giant body and her two hearts in her two ripcages with oxygen.
But enough of that, the list is endless. At least her legs are protected.

Otherwise, great craftsmanship, no doubt. If they master the art of creating seamless skeleton poseable horses, they could make a lot more money. But probably it's just a regular human figure with the hind legs and body attached, who knows. Would have been funny if there was a second person under that rug, like the back of the donkey in a school play.

Is this even a prototype figure or still a 3d model? Can't always tell nowadays.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Theflyingman wrote:Skywalker, the more I look at it the more I think it's to score some sexy points. In a strange way lol.

Yeah, it's like they thought 'horse butts aren't appealing enough to the male gaze, how can we solve this dilemma?' and ended up with... that. Razz

Ovy -- Was waiting to see your response. You did not disappont.   Laughing

And brassco -- sorry, I don't mean to put down this upcoming figure, it's quite unique and I'm sure it will be well made, given their other figures. I was curious from the title, which is why I clicked on it, but unfortunately I find the actual design to be quite sickening....  pale

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Geez, I was hoping for an “actual” centaur design, as mentioned. But this being a Lucifer product, I imagine the cost will be somewhere in the prohibitive realm.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

LUCIFER/EDBER/BIGLAKE CLARION CALL AT DAWN - CENTAUR ON THE MARCH C8485110

blackpool

blackpool
it sounds more of a centipede than a centaur to me... Shocked

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
blackpool wrote:it sounds more of a centipede than a centaur to me... Shocked

Looking it at it again, and I think the fleshtone makes it extra uncanny...

brassco

brassco
skywalkersaga wrote:And brassco -- sorry, I don't mean to put down this upcoming figure, it's quite unique and I'm sure it will be well made, given their other figures. I was curious from the title, which is why I clicked on it, but unfortunately I find the actual design to be quite sickening....  pale

Nah...I am not involve in any development of this figure. I merely post here for your info, so no apologies needed.

Lucifer has been using TBLeague's seamless body for their product recently. So i wonder if they would engage TBL to produce this prototype of a seamless female centaur body for them. I would be thrilled to collect it irregardless of the price should the body is indeed 100% seamless!

I was wondering, if they are making a male centaur instead, the legs i guessed would have no problem to be more horse like. These pairs of human-llike horse legs no doubt are considered for targeted customers...

Diana

Diana
brassco wrote:Lucifer has been using TBLeague's seamless body for their product recently. So i wonder if they would engage TBL to produce this prototype of a seamless female centaur body for them. I would be thrilled to collect it irregardless of the price should the body is indeed 100% seamless!

I was wondering, if they are making a male centaur instead, the legs i guessed would have no problem to be more horse like. These pairs of human-llike horse legs no doubt are considered for targeted customers...

Yes, this seems to be aimed at a very specific audience, who I'm sure would love this.

And very good point with their previous releases being with TBLeague bodies! If this was a TBL body then THAT would indeed be spectacular! Especially because a "real" centaur with a bulkier body wouldn't be far away, assuming they could figure out the fur part.

Now THAT I would be interested in! The symbolism around centaurs is quite beautiful, combining the Earthly and the Divine, chaos and order, instinct and reason. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I'd mostly be interested in a tbleague centaur because it would mean that an actual tbleague *horse* would be possible. But yes, would need to have that lovely Mr.Z-esque coat hair sculpting, and not be this creepy shape and skintone... Razz

Ovy

Ovy
Diana wrote:....
The symbolism around centaurs is quite beautiful, combining the Earthly and the Divine, chaos and order, instinct and reason. Smile
Gallop and spine damage, horse and human digestive systems...🤭 Ok I will stop, until triggered again...
I actually know two custom 1/6  centaurs to date, can link them if there is interest.

But wait there is more. If she has human legs with one giant toe nail each, is there even a benefit? She would be much slower than a horse still. But maybe it's better for kneeling down on the meadow and shoving grass in her mouth with her hands, as she might have problems eating it directly from the ground.

That company is really good with all the strapping and details and studs and rivets and armor pieces. Did they do other figures than elves and centaurs?

davidd

davidd
Shocked Wow! That's... kind of... twisted, messed-up awesomeness! I don't know if I'd want one of these things around or not! Dunno if the cool would outweigh the creepy, or the other way around!

I suspect the price will be in a range to render the dilemma moot for me, anyway.

Where do you guys go to keep tabs on pre-orders or availability for things like this?

(When I do an online search for Clarion Call centaur, this topic is the only result relevant to action figures that turns up.)

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Ovy wrote:Centaurs always trigger my inner hidden science person.
I think it's a satirical take on the mythological centaur which never made any sense to begin with and will always be completely ridiculous, however one tries to explain it with magic. I wonder what her babies might look like. And how they learn to walk.
In the late 80s or early 90s I read an SF novel in which there was a spaceraft or artificial planet in which there was a race of centaurs. I think it was bio-engineered. Their reproduction was complicated. Googling learned that it was Titan by John Varley

davidd wrote:Shocked Wow! That's... kind of... twisted, messed-up awesomeness! I don't know if I'd want one of these things around or not! Dunno if the cool would outweigh the creepy, or the other way around!

I suspect the price will be in a range to render the dilemma moot for me, anyway.

Where do you guys go to keep tabs on pre-orders or availability for things like this?

(When I do an online search for Clarion Call centaur, this topic is the only result relevant to action figures that turns up.)
I second this post completely.

Delanie

Delanie
the CG image does show her with hooves and tbh she doesn't look too bad. I do tgink like all of the Lucifer figures it will be way too expensive. 

As an aside there is an interesting scene in "the Wandering Inn" where a human doctor (the only one on the world) has to deliver a centaur foal

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
LOL. I mean LOL. And a deep sigh of relief (from my wallet). Kinda cool, very weird, utterly pointless -- for me. Give me a real articulated seamless horse -- maybe a centaur even -- and that would be different. It pays to have limited imagination, I suppose.

davidd

davidd
The only other mention of this figure I can find online is on a site called HobbyFanClub.com:

https://hobbyfanclub.com/figure/LUCIFER/The-horn-of-dawn-sagittarius-27-44310

I suppose, rather than being a horse-like body, this figure brings to mind conjoined (Siamese) twins. An uncharacteristically shapely, yet still circus sideshow attraction level of disturbing, example of conjoined twins.

Is this thing for real, do you think? Or is it some kind of digital manipulation gag? Or the action figure equivalent of vaporware?

There was a Smart Doll version of a centaur announced by the Culture Japan Store last year, but no further information was forthcoming and, as far as I know, no production version was ever finalized:

https://shop.smartdoll.jp/products/smart-doll-centaur-dark-brown?variant=33229407846538

Nekk-ra

On one hand, if you take away the strange centaurian anatomy choices, this would be a must have figure. Her face is beautiful and the armor looks fantastic. But that Centaur body - oof - looks more like something grown in a lab that you would encounter in a Westworld-type theme park.

It could be that the flesh-tone legs are throwing it off into that Uncanny Valley territory. Maybe if they were brown, black, bay, some sort of recognisable equine color, it wouldn't draw so much attention to the too-human legs.

Very strange beastie-gal, but kudos for trying something different.

doodlehobby

Wow... I can't... this is... Shocked

Ok. I'm sorry but this is an abomination of all sorts to me. It looks like a failed human experiment. All I can see is someone experimentally shoving the lower 3/4 of a female body bent over into the backside of the first female body and then calling it a day. It looks so wrong in a bad way as it looks like 2 people trying to form and play a horse in costume; back half + front half. Except they went to the imaginable twisted lengths of amputating the second person and implanting that poor soul into the backside of the first person. Thus forever delegating that second person's poor soul to be the horse's butt...

Definitely not my cup of tea... far from it.

gooboo

I have to admit, as much as I like pretty and sexy figures, this is kind of an abomination to me. Like, one pair of sexy legs isn't enough, let's put in two - and with a nice human looking butt. It's just so weird. If it was just a straight up centaur, it would be pretty neat, but this is so bizarre. I like sexy figures too.

If Lucifer would make something like this, with human feet, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

LUCIFER/EDBER/BIGLAKE CLARION CALL AT DAWN - CENTAUR ON THE MARCH Edit110

I really hope they make something like a "regular" version of this figure. Otherwise, this will have to be a pass from me.

bunnyfreakz

bunnyfreakz
So is this a statue? Looks kinda freaky but armor design is cool.

Easy pass, It's going to be hefty and expensive.

csyeung

csyeung
blackpool wrote:it sounds more of a centipede than a centaur to me... Shocked

That's what I thought as well. Reminded me of that human centipede film.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum