OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cold Cowboys

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cold Cowboys Empty Cold Cowboys Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:45 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Hey folks,
I took a couple minutes after fixing my snowblower to take a couple shots of the cowboys I've been working a bit on recently.

Cold Cowboys 50949691806_16af50c96d_c

Cold Cowboys 50949691781_afc875a51e_c

"You the sum-bitch what been sleepin' in my barn?"

Cold Cowboys 50948984548_14331b1949_c

Cold Cowboys 50949788452_261eb1c1d8_c

Cold Cowboys 50949788432_673d156db9_c

It's funny how much work you put into detailing a figure only to turn around and throw a big coat on 'em that hides almost everything.

I'll likely be repainting the head of the fella with the black hat, as currently he's a stock Sideshow head.
These guys are a lot of fun to tinker around with though.

2Cold Cowboys Empty Re: Cold Cowboys Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:07 am

Diana

Diana
These look great!! Even though this is not my genre, I do like the outfits you put together there. They look very relatable. And well done on capturing BEAUTIFUL shots that also look in scale!

3Cold Cowboys Empty Re: Cold Cowboys Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:12 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Diana wrote:These look great!! Even though this is not my genre, I do like the outfits you put together there. They look very relatable. And well done on capturing BEAUTIFUL shots that also look in scale!

Thanks very much, Diana! I've got some big plans for western themed outdoor shots, I just gotta figure a way to get a decent looking tent for the era in 1/6 scale Wink

4Cold Cowboys Empty Re: Cold Cowboys Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:28 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Great photos, and I agree with Diana — they look in scale. The Winter scenes and the cowboys remind me of the movie Will Penny. I’m still waiting on the VTS cowboy box set — should be here today. I’m looking forward to jumping more into the Western genre, but I have so many ideas for it that I honestly don’t know if I’ll even be able to pull of a 1/10 of them. Good stuff.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Cold Cowboys C8485110

5Cold Cowboys Empty Re: Cold Cowboys Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:36 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Great work, as always! Along with your absolutely superb outfits and weathering/detailing, you also always have really convincing settings and composition angles. Thanks for sharing! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

6Cold Cowboys Empty Re: Cold Cowboys Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:36 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Stryker2011 wrote:Great photos, and I agree with Diana — they look in scale. The Winter scenes and the cowboys remind me of the movie Will Penny. I’m still waiting on the VTS cowboy box set — should be here today. I’m looking forward to jumping more into the Western genre, but I have so many ideas for it that I honestly don’t know if I’ll even be able to pull of a 1/10 of them. Good stuff.

Thanks a lot Mark!
Aw man I'm waiting, rather impatiently, for the Lim Toys release. Eventually I'll definitely need a horse or two, plus some wildlife as well.

These guys are helping me vent some ideas until he finally drops.

Thanks, also, Skywalker! Gotta love those low angles, haha.

7Cold Cowboys Empty Re: Cold Cowboys Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:31 am

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
You captured them at some great angles! Looks very realistic.

Nitpick: you forgot the footprints. I suggest you add them next time.

8Cold Cowboys Empty Re: Cold Cowboys Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:14 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
TravelGuide wrote:You captured them at some great angles! Looks very realistic.

Nitpick: you forgot the footprints. I suggest you add them next time.

Thanks a lot! I had added some but should definitely have had more. They got hidden by some of the angles.

9Cold Cowboys Empty Re: Cold Cowboys Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:00 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Haha, Snow Noon. Great job, love those low shots and the diagonal composition. Are those gloves made of fabric? I have two pairs of fabric gloves and never been able to put them on a figure.

And while we don't see the details, we know they are there... waiting for summer.

10Cold Cowboys Empty Re: Cold Cowboys Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:28 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Ovy wrote:Haha, Snow Noon. Great job, love those low shots and the diagonal composition.  Are those gloves made of fabric? I have two pairs of fabric gloves and never been able to put them on a figure.

And while we don't see the details, we know they are there... waiting for summer.

Thanks man! Actually yeah one set are fabric, I think I got 'em with the Solder Story Bastogne trooper from back in the day.
They can usually take some futzing to get on some hands, but once they are they can be mighty nice.

11Cold Cowboys Empty Re: Cold Cowboys Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:39 pm

Illusion

Illusion
Fantastic job - both on the figures and the pics!
What a great sunshine and superb snow cover. Really nice.
My favourite is the first one!

12Cold Cowboys Empty Re: Cold Cowboys Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:12 pm

Chip

That first pic is excellent .

13Cold Cowboys Empty Re: Cold Cowboys Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:40 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Thank you very much folks, I really appreciate it Smile

14Cold Cowboys Empty Re: Cold Cowboys Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:00 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great looking cowboys! they look right at home in the snow too! All their kit looks amazing!

15Cold Cowboys Empty Re: Cold Cowboys Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:23 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
BAMComix wrote:Great looking cowboys! they look right at home in the snow too! All their kit looks amazing!

Thanks man, glad ya dig 'em!

16Cold Cowboys Empty Re: Cold Cowboys Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:33 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Great looking cowboys, they make the snow look better.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Cold Cowboys 1f60e

17Cold Cowboys Empty Re: Cold Cowboys Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:47 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Theboo-bomb wrote:Great looking cowboys, they make the snow look better.

Thanks Smile they were actually a bit more prepared for the snow that day than I was, haha

18Cold Cowboys Empty Re: Cold Cowboys Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:03 pm

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Oh I love this!

19Cold Cowboys Empty Re: Cold Cowboys Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:41 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Lynkhart wrote:Oh I love this!

Thanks a lot Smile There's so much scene potential with these guys, they're a lot of fun.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum