OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I agree, great photos, and impressive garments -- I guess the production of doilies has found a new and worthy outlet. Smile If it comes to having to pick your fights (though one should not fight with one's wife) over figure bodies, why not confine them to seamless ones. Wink

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

collectorofmany

BAMComix wrote:Nice choice Steven. I am sure she s very pleased with them Very Happy

I think so, too! Crazily enough I’ve already made 4 more orders for clothing/accessories and they’re mostly for Cameron. (And they’re mostly of the sexy variety... Wink )

Valiarde wrote:Nice soft light on your pics. Looking classy.

Thanks, these were all taken under “yellow” standard room lighting. I can’t wait to experiment with different lighting conditions. Oh, and these were all taken with my iPhone 12 Pro (mostly in portrait/spotlight mode) and all are untouched photos (unless you count the auto-masking/monotone done by the camera software.) I’m glad you’ve enjoyed them!

GubernatorFan wrote:I agree, great photos, and impressive garments -- I guess the production of doilies has found a new and worthy outlet. Smile If it comes to having to pick your fights (though one should not fight with one's wife) over figure bodies, why not confine them to seamless ones. Wink

Ha ha ha! I guess you can say it like that. I like to think I’m worthy! Oh and I wouldn’t call them “fights” per se, but more like simple back and fourths. Never really angry or of the negative variety. I’m just having so much fun! Toy Anxiety (which oddly enough is also the name of a podcast I listen to) should definitely be getting to know my name and address! Laughing

collectorofmany

So, I’m currently waiting on the following pieces to come in for her:
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 3 982b0910
It appears I’ll definitely need to modify the racing suit (non-detachable) boots to work with my figure. Pretty sure the last piece I’ll need for a “sexy race driver” will be a racing helmet!

And the following pieces for him:
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 3 2c246910
I ordered 2 black briefs because I plan to try to customize one, so we’ll see how that goes...

And this is the Egon figure I ordered to bash!
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 3 2e03a610
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 3 04557810
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 3 7d24d910
I would have much rather kitbashed a Blitzway GB figure as those were much more highly detailed than the Mattel version, but was having a very hard time finding any pieces from those, let alone a flight suit. I guess Mattel’s version will have to do.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Interesting selection, especially that Conan exo-underwear. The Mattel Egon is going to be a lot easier on your wallet, for sure.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
GubernatorFan wrote:Interesting selection, especially that Conan exo-underwear.

Yeah, I was thinking I may end up having to customize that pair, since it appears there’s no room for the “goods” up front, but I guess we shall see once it’s in hand. To be completely honest, I personally have no issues with men’s briefs, bikinis or thongs. I think if there wasn’t such a huge stigma surrounding them (at least stateside) that more men would wear them... but that’s another topic for another time and place, lol! Laughing

GubernatorFan wrote:The Mattel Egon is going to be a lot easier on your wallet, for sure.

And yeah it seems that Toy Anxiety only had some of the paper(sticker?) and full scale name patch addons from the Blitzway GB figures, oh and a couple of gloved hands left in stock (which I would have LOVED to buy—I don’t think the Mattel glove joints will work—but they were both of the same side...) Clearly I missed the boat on that because I would assume, at one point, they broke down those entire sets. I’ll probably end up using those poseable hands and try to find some mid forearm “chemical gloves” from another kit and use those. We shall see.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
collectorofmany wrote:And yeah it seems that Toy Anxiety only had some of the paper(sticker?) and full scale name patch addons from the Blitzway GB figures, oh and a couple of gloved hands left in stock (which I would have LOVED to buy—I don’t think the Mattel glove joints will work—but they were both of the same side...) Clearly I missed the boat on that because I would assume, at one point, they broke down those entire sets. I’ll probably end up using those poseable hands and try to find some mid forearm “chemical gloves” from another kit and use those. We shall see.

Oh yes, they broke it down probably a couple of times and mostly a long time ago; occasionally they revisit such part outs "from the vault," but it depends on what is available. The Blitzway sets are certainly not recent, and they were apparently fairly popular, so you weren't going to find much. You could try Black Ops Toys, but they tend to be quite pricey, even with the whatever weekly discount is going on (which varies from about 11% to 20%).

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
GubernatorFan wrote:Oh yes, they broke it down probably a couple of times and mostly a long time ago; occasionally they revisit such part outs "from the vault," but it depends on what is available. The Blitzway sets are certainly not recent, and they were apparently fairly popular, so you weren't going to find much. You could try Black Ops Toys, but they tend to be quite pricey, even with the whatever weekly discount is going on (which varies from about 11% to 20%).

Yeah, I searched all of those updated retailer listings (with part-outs) and aside from TA, *some* of the others had breakdowns of the same Mattel kit I already got, but mostly I struck out on GB items. I’m sure what I got will suffice.

Diana

Diana
Hah! Very nice! Yeah, that is probably still my favorite body. I love the curves and it just looks very real. Smile

BAMComix

BAMComix
That's a whole lotta gear! that will keep you busy when it all arrives! cheers cheers cheers

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
I'm not sure if the bikesuit will work. There's an integrated peg in the boots, so the peg is going into the body. Which means you need to get the peg that is in the body, somehow get out of it.

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
Diana wrote:Hah! Very nice! Yeah, that is probably still my favorite body. I love the curves and it just looks very real. Smile

Yeah, for sure! I knew I wanted a “curvy” figure, but wasn’t entirely sure which one. I chose her and I’m very glad I did!

BAMComix wrote:That's a whole lotta gear! that will keep you busy when it all arrives! cheers cheers cheers

Yeah, I figured I’d pick up a lot of miscellaneous type of items and take full advantage of the ongoing sale. There was much less available in the clothing variety that peaked my interest. There are a few more items that I picked up that didn’t classify as either for him or her specifically, so they’re not pictured. And to be quite honest I’m probably going to make another order with them before the sale ends... just to take advantage of discounted pricing!

TravelGuide wrote:I'm not sure if the bikesuit will work. There's an integrated peg in the boots, so the peg is going into the body. Which means you need to get the peg that is in the body, somehow get out of it.

Unfortunately, I figured that out after I ordered. I was researching the body used for the Racing Girls figure it was parted out from and discovered the different style foot peg joints. I’ve been trying to figure out how to alter it, but will wait until the suit/boots are in hand to further investigate. I may have to cut the boots off of the suit and then find some compatible boots for my figure, but make sure they will go past the “cut off point” which is mid/upper thigh, so that may become problematic. That or I can find a way to remove the peg joint in each boot and devise a way for them to work with the TBL foot pegs... good times!

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
My first order arrived yesterday and so far (of these 3 pieces) only one did not work out. The blue female trunks are too small to fit the buxom frame (mainly the legs are too “thick” to allow the leg openings to slide all the way up.)

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 3 2ea04110

Is anyone looking for blue square cut undies for their slim female figure?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think you are approaching the solution from the wrong direction. Perfect occasion to get yourself an S25B body. Smile

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
GubernatorFan wrote:I think you are approaching the solution from the wrong direction. Perfect occasion to get yourself an S25B body. Smile

Hahaha! That’s always a possibility! Laughing

First, I want to go ahead and order that Mr. Toys Barbarian (He-Man) Kit before I order any additional bodies. The crazy thing is I’ve already spent enough on clothing/accessories that I could have easily ordered that He-Man set or even another figure!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
collectorofmany wrote:First, I want to go ahead and order that Mr. Toys Barbarian (He-Man) Kit before I order any additional bodies. The crazy thing is I’ve already spent enough on clothing/accessories that I could have easily ordered that He-Man set or even another figure!

That's how it works in the hobby...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
collectorofmany wrote:The crazy thing is I’ve already spent enough on clothing/accessories that I could have easily ordered that He-Man set or even another figure!

Ah, the joys (or is it frustration) of kitbashing. I have so many spare parts and accessories, that unless I go through every box again and again, I forget what I even have — I don’t even want to think about how much money is sitting in those boxes unused. I really should list some more stuff in the For Sale/Wanted section.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 3 C8485110

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
GubernatorFan wrote:
collectorofmany wrote:The crazy thing is I’ve already spent enough on clothing/accessories that I could have easily ordered that He-Man set or even another figure!

That's how it works in the hobby...

True, but then again most of my hobbies can go pretty deep, pretty fast. It’s all about the pacing! (which I’m admittedly poor at, at times...) Laughing

Stryker2011 wrote:

Ah, the joys (or is it frustration) of kitbashing. I have so many spare parts and accessories, that unless I go through every box again and again, I forget what I even have — I don’t even want to think about how much money is sitting in those boxes unused. I really should list some more stuff in the For Sale/Wanted section.

Yeah, I’ve got to figure out a better storage system myself as I’ve only been putting what “goes with her” in her original box and what “goes with him” in his original box. I saw a post today on FB where someone used an arts/crafts type of closable container that had a bunch of small compartments where he put all of his ninja turtles weapons/accessories. I thought it was a novel idea!

— —

Well, I ended up placing my fifth (and final) order during Toy Anxiety’s 45% off sale before it ended. I picked up Cameron a black “mermaid” ball gown (still need to find her some TBL foot compatible black high heels to go with it) plus that one Blitzway Ghostbusters gloved hand (to check fitment before I order from a guy on FB who has a set). I also picked up some Larry Bird “away” basketball shorts (amazing how short bb shorts were in the 80’s) which I bought specifically for Cameron. Lastly I picked her up a blindfold  Wink  Wink and hair brush... I almost bought a black briefcase (that opens) but someone scooped it up before I checked out.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 3 Ae463210

I then hopped over to Black Ops Toys and picked up the last set of elbow pads for Sideshow’s 1/6th “Lobo” figure, which were an almost perfect match for the Ghostbusters costume. The ones that come on the Mattel figure are way wrong and the Blitzway versions (which are accurate) are long gone. I just need to figure out how to either take some of the black dye out of the elastic fabric (or just leave it as is since some of the screen used pads had black on the inner section,) plus I need to paint (the padded part) gray.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 3 59978910

Next, I’ve been eyeing a motorcycle helmet and a 1/6 scale sport bike (both for her) and the Toy Center CENM08 A-Shirt/Jeans/Belt/Shoes set (for him) on eBay... probably going to pick them both up soon, but I’m worried if the 1/6 scale motorcycle helmet ( https://ebay.us/w5usQL ) will end up too big for her as I did see a “female” motorcycle helmet that is likely scaled better for the female headsculpts... hmmm

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 3 1e87e810
I ended up putting Cameron into the sexy “spy” gear (using the second pair of men’s briefs—which may stay with her) until I can devise how I will get her racing suit to work... speaking of that order, again she’s too buxom to fit into the black stockings/panties set (likely same with the red set) so I’ll either sell those or perhaps eventually get a smaller body for those smaller clothes.

I did end up purchasing the red/black/white motorcycle helmet, so now I just need to pick up one of the two available New Ray Honda sport bikes...
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 3 Fb973e10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You can just have her biking to the beach with her helmet on for protection -- and no need for a racing suit. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’ve seen folks wearing plenty of “questionable” clothing on motorcycles, so it wouldn’t be unreasonable for someone to do as the Guv suggested. The person “in charge” of the bike (not the passenger on the pillion, or “riding b!$@h” as it is often referred to) is “legally” (at least here in the states) required to wear full length pants, and either boots or shoes that have gripping soles and ankle support. I’ve seen idiots wearing shorts, sandals/mandals, and even flip-flops. Most of the ladies I see riding their own bike are pretty smart to wear proper clothing, but the ones I see as passengers — while looking “cute” in their short shorts and tank tops — make me nervous for what would happen to their skin if the bike gets dumped. Yikes!

He who dies with the most toys wins!

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 3 C8485110

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
So... I did a thing... Laughing
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 3 95cb8110
Stay tuned...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I hope you'll be happy with that thing that you did. And the wife, too. Just put a handsome head on it. Smile

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
GubernatorFan wrote:I hope you'll be happy with that thing that you did. And the wife, too. Just put a handsome head on it. Smile

Hahaha! She’s enjoying WDW in Orlando this weekend, so I figured I would at least splurge on myself! As far as the HS, I opted for the Paul Walker one, even though I was trying to stay away from any specific person, so I guess we will call him Paul (but Frankie isn’t a bad second choice!)

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
collectorofmany wrote:Hahaha! She’s enjoying WDW in Orlando this weekend, so I figured I would at least splurge on myself! As far as the HS, I opted for the Paul Walker one, even though I was trying to stay away from any specific person, so I guess we will call him Paul (but Frankie isn’t a bad second choice!)

LOL Get a Jessica Alba head for your next female body, too. Smile

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
GubernatorFan wrote:LOL Get a Jessica Alba head for your next female body, too. Smile

I haven’t seen that one yet (about to go look) but I was rather impressed by the Natalie Portman sculpt. What’s even more insane is I thought the original paint app looked great until I saw a photo of one that was repainted! It looked even more lifelike!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
collectorofmany wrote:I haven’t seen that one yet (about to go look) but I was rather impressed by the Natalie Portman sculpt. What’s even more insane is I thought the original paint app looked great until I saw a photo of one that was repainted! It looked even more lifelike!

I have them in a couple of places. Look here, post 1:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t127-barbie-debarbiefied-continuously-updated?highlight=barbie+debarbiefied

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
collectorofmany wrote:So... I did a thing... Laughing
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 3 95cb8110
Stay tuned...

So, just like my Kimi Toys head sculpt (and as posted in the thread devoted to this “practice”) the seller replied back saying it’s out of stock and will be in later next week. Asking if I wanted another body type as a replacement or to wait. It’s like, no I wanted this exact body and not interested in anything else, so I cancelled the order. Also, this specific seller was who I bought my M34 from (simplehappylife) who have been pretty good at stocking items. Sadly I will need to go elsewhere.

I find it highly aggravating that stores are listing items as in stock, only to be told it’s not. Like keep better track of your inventory FFS!!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
collectorofmany wrote:So, just like my Kimi Toys head sculpt (and as posted in the thread devoted to this “practice”) the seller replied back saying it’s out of stock and will be in later next week. Asking if I wanted another body type as a replacement or to wait. It’s like, no I wanted this exact body and not interested in anything else, so I cancelled the order. Also, this specific seller was who I bought my M34 from (simplehappylife) who have been pretty good at stocking items. Sadly I will need to go elsewhere.

I find it highly aggravating that stores are listing items as in stock, only to be told it’s not. Like keep better track of your inventory FFS!!

I have a long history of using simplehappylife, and always been happy with them. In this instance, I would take it at face value. Which does not mean that you should not seek this product from another seller. Try Giantoy -- they should have these (or have them soon, as at one point recently they ran out of stock).

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
GubernatorFan wrote:
I have a long history of using simplehappylife, and always been happy with them. In this instance, I would take it at face value. Which does not mean that you should not seek this product from another seller. Try Giantoy -- they should have these (or have them soon, as at one point recently they ran out of stock).

Yeah, so far I’ve had nothing but pleasurable dealings with them! Agreed that this was probably just a fluke (that or maybe they’re sharing inventory with another offshoot company?)...

As far as Giantoy, I had initially intended to use them for my next body purchase, but there’s always the wait time to consider. Do they have a US based warehouse or does their product ship from Asia? There’s nothing like the satisfaction of receiving an order as soon as physically possible after placing it. I sure wish there was a local outlet I could walk out with it in hand after buying...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum