OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Diana

Hello! And another warm welcome on board! Very Happy

You've clearly done a good amount of research on the board, which is really nice to see. Those are great choices! I hope the KT004 won't feel too small on the S29, since the KT004 is also popular to be paired with the smaller framed bodies. But I've had that combination on display and liked it.

I am looking forward to your pictures! Smile

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
collectorofmany wrote:Wow, a reply from the great and almighty GubernatorFan!! Many humble and personal thanks to you for creating this forum (member number 1, yeah! Twisted Evil ) and for supplying all of the information, photos and opinions on this our hobby. I'll definitely say that this site has literally been my 1/6th Bible, so I definitely appreciate that! And yes, the Hot Toys definitely are beautiful in their own right. Oh, and for sure, an M33 IS coming—there's no doubt! Wink  I'll check out the S25 in more detail at your recommendation...

My M34 came in today and my initial reactions to the TBLeague's figures is that they are just simply incredible. I knew they looked life like, but I had no idea how life like they'd feel, like real skin to the touch. I was also surprised by not only the high detail, but the softness, yet firmness (squish?) of the material used. I guess I got some of the older stock as he came with the yellow wrist/ankle covers, yellow brief and 2 genitals. (unless that statement about not being included was for the females?) It looks like my S29 will be here either by end of week, or early next week, based on tracking. Tracking also shows her undies might beat the body, and the body may beat the head, hahah! I wish they'd all arrive at the same time. It's like I feel that they must always be headed! hahaha

Are names typically given to our figures? I'm not sure what to call him other than M34 and her S29!  Razz

LOL You make me feel like Thanos holding the gauntlet. Smile Thank you, I'm happy my little contribution has given a handy and friendly home to many of us to exchange ideas about sixth-scale products and customs. I'm glad you have found it so, and hope you continue to do so and to take full advantage of it as an interactive forum.

Yes, TBLeague seamless bodies are something else, especially when you first "meet" them. Accordingly, you have to careful, but to a point they are quite resilient. Also remember not to freak if something stains, because that is often resolved, sometimes of itself. Which is not to say I don't go usually go out of my way to avoid stains in the first place. Smile Anyway, M34 was the last TBLeague male body to come with basic clothing (the first was M32); of the female bodies, the early models came with bikini, and so do the newest ones, but most in the middle did not (including the S25B and the S29B that we were talking about). TBLeague seems to be flip-flopping with this sort of thing. While bikini or a pair of shorts (sometimes alongside wrist and ankle pieces) is pretty basic, it is actually a good idea to include, and I hope they continue to do so. But it currently depends on the model rather than on the time of release -- M34 will always come with these pieces of clothing, M35 will not. Or at least so it seems. (I should know better than to say always.)

Names... well, that depends on you. And possibly also on whether you keep a particular body+head combination around as a certain character permanently or whether, like me, you usually reuse the same pieces for different characters in different configurations. Although even transitory characters can be given names, I suppose. Especially if they are used for a story.

Eventually everything will be in place and you'll be ready to go. Looking forward to what you put together.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

collectorofmany

Gizems nice Kittens wrote:Yes Gizem originally came with this bikini (she was originally this 2014-S07) but didn't really like wearing it. So Gizem is happy to give the bikini to the S39, even though we don't think it suits her that much.
We would rather dress the S39 in leggings and a hoodie and put her outside a club as a bouncer.

Welcome to the forum, collectorofmany

Thank you! Yeah, I picked up both S38/39's outfits, so my S29 will at least have a couple different sets to start. I've already been eying some more sexy clothes for her!  Wink

Stryker2011 wrote:Cool photos, and love the angles. And welcome aboard (again).

I appreciate it. I'll probably print some large format backgrounds for some posing/stylized shots at some point before I (potentially?) buy diorama pieces (is everything in this scale expensive? Any decently priced kitbashing from local retail—aside from Barbie?)

Diana wrote:Hello! And another warm welcome on board! Very Happy

You've clearly done a good amount of research on the board, which is really nice to see. Those are great choices! I hope the KT004 won't feel too small on the S29, since the KT004 is also popular to be paired with the smaller framed bodies. But I've had that combination on display and liked it.

I am looking forward to your pictures! Smile

Thank you!!

For sure, also considering the price point (which still isn't completely bad—for the body! LOL) I wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting a purchase by not being happy or satisfied with what I got in the end. And so far, I have no complaints of that research! Yeah I was a little bummed about the specific store I purchased from not having a KT005 in stock as I much rather prefer that sculpt, although I'm not certain if all Kimi Toys HS's are of the same scale, proportionally speaking.

Did you have the S29 and KT004 in combination, or were you referring to using the KT004 on another body for display?

GubernatorFan wrote:
LOL You make me feel like Thanos holding the gauntlet. Smile Thank you, I'm happy my little contribution has given a handy and friendly home to many of us to exchange ideas about sixth-scale products and customs. I'm glad you have found it so, and hope you continue to do so and to take full advantage of it as an interactive forum.

Yes, TBLeague seamless bodies are something else, especially when you first "meet" them. Accordingly, you have to careful, but to a point they are quite resilient. Also remember not to freak if something stains, because that is often resolved, sometimes of itself. Which is not to say I don't go usually go out of my way to avoid stains in the first place. Smile Anyway, M34 was the last TBLeague male body to come with basic clothing (the first was M32); of the female bodies, the early models came with bikini, and so do the newest ones, but most in the middle did not (including the S25B and the S29B that we were talking about). TBLeague seems to be flip-flopping with this sort of thing. While bikini or a pair of shorts (sometimes alongside wrist and ankle pieces) is pretty basic, it is actually a good idea to include, and I hope they continue to do so. But it currently depends on the model rather than on the time of release -- M34 will always come with these pieces of clothing, M35 will not. Or at least so it seems. (I should know better than to say always.)

Names... well, that depends on you. And possibly also on whether you keep a particular body+head combination around as a certain character permanently or whether, like me, you usually reuse the same pieces for different characters in different configurations. Although even transitory characters can be given names, I suppose. Especially if they are used for a story.

Eventually everything will be in place and you'll be ready to go. Looking forward to what you put together.

No thanks necessary! I hope to help grow with this community as well!

As far as staining, I have read about it happening before. I had originally thought I could get an article of clothing and if it wasn't in the preferred color that I could just dye it with some RIT Dye. That is if the specific fabric takes to the dye. Of course, thoroughly washing and drying a couple times to remove all of that excess dye before putting them on. I've used it before when I dyed a pistol belt for Cosplay, but not sure (or comfortable) doing it on something that could potentially damage/stain the bodies. I'm definitely going to use the hole punch/oil pastel method to color the nipples, but I don't feel confident to dye clothing with all of the unknowns.

Thanks for the clarification about who comes with what, or at least who comes with what at the current time, haha! And I agree that all models need to come with some form of minimal clothing, in addition to the hands or feet/genitals.

And yeah Tommy is where I landed. I'll probably keep him in this configuration for the time being. Just need to get him some clothes/accessories and the same for her. I will eventually get the Mr. Toys He-Man sculpt/accessories but at his price point alone I could already get another figure or a decent amount of clothing for the 1(2) I already have! hahaha! Decisions, decisions!

collectorofmany

As stated earlier, the M34 arrived yesterday and I immediately opened him and his accessories up from the shipping box (I made sure all pieces were from the same seller/store so they arrived together as, again, I hate waiting! lol) As stated in my initial reaction post, I was simply blown away by the quality of this TBLeague figure upon handling it. The attention to detail put into the look and construction of these figures is obvious when you handle them; I was thoroughly impressed! I was kinda expecting this specific version to be a bit more bulky/muscular than he was, which I wouldn’t have minded anyway, but in the end I am glad I chose him over the M35 variant.

The head sculpt skin tone matched the body’s skin tone a little better than I expected as well. I’m glad the skin tone comparison thread helped me pick a good match! I really do like the material of the included briefs/wrist-ankle bracelets that came with the figure, and wish I could find more of this underwear style online. Does anyone want to sell the undies supplied with their male figures as I plan to customize a pair or two?

I dressed Tommy with the included bits, then put on the A Shirt and boxer briefs. I must also say that I’m a fan of the super stretchy materials used in both the A Shirt and boxer briefs (and his stock yellow briefs), as while they were a little tough to get over his thick masculine legs and decently robust rump, the added stretch aided when I was slipping them on. I’ll need to keep that in mind going forward when I order more clothes as I’d much rather a slightly (but not too) tight fit than an overly loose fit, aesthetics wise.

I scheduled an impromptu photo shoot in my den/collection room/man cave... so excuse the backgrounds. I’ll probably start looking for some accessories for them to pose with/near/in. I’m shining my flashlight into this hole, and it looks like it goes down pretty deep! Hahahahha!! :lol

Enjoy!

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 18
First shot after assembling everything that arrived. Gotta do the standard ‘flex’ pose! haha

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 19
I think the head tone is definitely closer to the body skin tone on Tommy.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 20
I’m really happy with the sculpt of the 34, and he’s probably as large as I’m going. Looking forward when I can pick up a 33 and will eventually order from Giantoy this go round.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 21
I decided to drop the boxer briefs since Tommy prefers briefs or bikinis to show off his muscular legs. Here I noticed a little bit of separation at the neck after the fact, so may trim the inner neck connector cap like BAMComix/onsixthwarrior recommended. (Unless I just didn’t have it firmly in at the time?)

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 22
I can appreciate how flexible the joints/body are. Has anyone ever tried to do stop motion animation using these figures?

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 23
I found portrait mode, it definitely makes for some interesting shots of Tommy flexing those muscles.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 24
Especially these, where it clips the subject from the composition.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 25
Or in monotone/grayscale over white...

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 26
I need to do some digging in here to find a good set of jeans or pants because this guy NEVER skips glutes/quads gym days! Ha!

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 27
...or ANY other gym day for that matter! Wink

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 28
I thought this looked cool with my finger accidentally out of focus in the shot.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 29
Again, I do love the fitted style on this specific A-Shirt! Some others that I saw before purchasing these looked more cotton/i.e. looser fitting. (Then again they may have been the same one/fabric but shown on a 33.)

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 30
The age old question... “Boxers or Briefs?” Razz

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 31
Tossed him in front of my first two figures, even though he was still in his Boxer or Briefs pose. Tommy ain’t right!! Wink

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 32
Although this is probably a friendlier version of my collection until S29 arrives. (Also, tracking is putting her body here earlier than expected, so that’s a plus!) So far, she’s only got 2 underwear sets coming in and I’ve already been looking for an Action Man Racing Suit to put her in. For starters I’m thinking a sexy race car driver for her! Mad

Oh, and I held Tommy up near my Mattel Ghostbusters figures and I think those flight suits just may work as the sizing was closer than I realized! I believe the Blitzway Ghostbusters figures were 1/6th as well, but I would have to double check. I know those figures were a pretty penny when sold (and even more now!), which is why I passed when they first came out. A quick search for 1/6 Ghostbusters usually brings up pieces from the Mattel 12” figures, which I already have (not so good head sculpts but decent equipment.)

Until next time...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
collectorofmany wrote:No thanks necessary! I hope to help grow with this community as well!

As far as staining, I have read about it happening before. I had originally thought I could get an article of clothing and if it wasn't in the preferred color that I could just dye it with some RIT Dye. That is if the specific fabric takes to the dye. Of course, thoroughly washing and drying a couple times to remove all of that excess dye before putting them on. I've used it before when I dyed a pistol belt for Cosplay, but not sure (or comfortable) doing it on something that could potentially damage/stain the bodies. I'm definitely going to use the hole punch/oil pastel method to color the nipples, but I don't feel confident to dye clothing with all of the unknowns.

Thanks for the clarification about who comes with what, or at least who comes with what at the current time, haha! And I agree that all models need to come with some form of minimal clothing, in addition to the hands or feet/genitals.

And yeah Tommy is where I landed. I'll probably keep him in this configuration for the time being. Just need to get him some clothes/accessories and the same for her. I will eventually get the Mr. Toys He-Man sculpt/accessories but at his price point alone I could already get another figure or a decent amount of clothing for the 1(2) I already have! hahaha! Decisions, decision!

Thank you, I hope you will too. Heck, you already are. Smile

Staining prevention: Stryker2011 is the guy to ask (among others), but a soak in a solution of some water and vinegar is recommended before putting any dark garments on your figure -- I usually don't have the patience, but it might save you some grief. Also, if you use fabric markers on cloth, it is recommended you iron it to fix the colors more securely -- according to fabric marker instructions.

Staining treatment: you will find that a couple of washes with warm (not necessarily hot) water and soap help, and if they are not enough, wait a couple of days, then wash again. Or you could just try and see if the stain would disappear by itself. Speaking of washing (or even much handling), get yourself some sort of protective powder (anything from starch to cosmetic silicone finishing powder would do) to apply to the body after you have dried it -- you don't want it to be tacky for a number of reasons, including its own protection.

Nipples: I'm glad you'll be using my tutorial. But I can't stress this enough, when using the stencil hold it tight and don't move it until you are done with that application. No matter how careful, if you try to make a single application a two- or three- step process, inevitably something would be slightly off, and you will end up with extra-large or misshapen areas of color and will have to wash them off and start anew. And it takes some extra effort to do that (hence the whole point of using oil pastels).

Finally, not to push you into making expensive purchases, but bear in mind that in this hobby sets tend to be produced in limited amounts, so when higher-end sets become older, they tend to increase in price (often astronomically), as do their parted-out parts. So you decide exactly how much you want that He-Man head sculpt before it is too late to find it, or prices go up. Generally speaking, you can expect nice head sculpts to vary between over $20 and $40 (USD); TBLeagues often go for around $50 or over; Hot Toys and Blitzway can be well above $60 -- and that is when things are relatively plentiful and before they become rare. Yes, depending on your needs, the hobby can be very expensive as things pile up. There are, by the way, plenty of nice third-party head sculpts (sometimes actually recasts of the others), although one takes a chance trusting eBay listings and the like. And of course there is a great deal of variation, depending on who is selling and/or parting out what.

Diana

Diana
He looks great!!! These pics are dangerous. I've resisted buying male TBLeague bodies so far, as they all seem too buff, but you show off the S34 so well! And he may just be the right guy for one of my characters... and I also like to draw, so... Smile

I'm still hoping for an athletic not so buff body, as well as a scrawny or boyish one though. Teenage Peter Parker would be perfect! Very Happy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You posted the "Tommy" photos while I was replying. He looks good, and it looks like you are having a great time playing with him. That sounded a little creepy... you know what I mean. Smile

Regarding the head, I think the issue is that it is impossible for TBLeague to make the neck's thickness be appropriate for any and all neck opening on sixth-scale heads, which vary from head sculpt to head sculpt. The solution is to stuff the neck (between the steel neck post and the rubbery flesh) with something -- I have used foamies, a rolled piece of hardish plastic action figure trey lid, and now specially shaped curved pieces I make from leftover "green stuff" from other projects. Anyway, this will make the neck appear thicker and (hopefully) just right for the head sculpt. If you can, I would recommend yanking out the internal neck connector altogether and stuffing a curved piece of foamie inside the neck opening. This will give you the possibility to easily adjust the height of the head on the neck and to remove it or attach it more easily. As long as you don't plan on carrying around your figure by the head and shaking it, the looser attachment should not be problem.

Although this tutorial thread is dedicated more specifically to de-necking head sculpts that come with an integral molded neck, it illustrates some of the points made above:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t310-head-conversion-tutorial-updated-with-part-iii-june-2019

Hope this helps.

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
GubernatorFan wrote:Thank you, I hope you will too. Heck, you already are. Smile

Staining prevention: Stryker2011 is the guy to ask (among others), but a soak in a solution of some water and vinegar is recommended before putting any dark garments on your figure -- I usually don't have the patience, but it might save you some grief. Also, if you use fabric markers on cloth, it is recommended you iron it to fix the colors more securely -- according to fabric marker instructions.

Staining treatment: you will find that a couple of washes with warm (not necessarily hot) water and soap help, and if they are not enough, wait a couple of days, then wash again. Or you could just try and see if the stain would disappear by itself. Speaking of washing (or even much handling), get yourself some sort of protective powder (anything from starch to cosmetic silicone finishing powder would do) to apply to the body after you have dried it -- you don't want it to be tacky for a number of reasons, including its own protection.

Nipples: I'm glad you'll be using my tutorial. But I can't stress this enough, when using the stencil hold it tight and don't move it until you are done with that application. No matter how careful, if you try to make a single application a two- or three- step process, inevitably something would be slightly off, and you will end up with extra-large or misshapen areas of color and will have to wash them off and start anew. And it takes some extra effort to do that (hence the whole point of using oil pastels).

Finally, not to push you into making expensive purchases, but bear in mind that in this hobby sets tend to be produced in limited amounts, so when higher-end sets become older, they tend to increase in price (often astronomically), as do their parted-out parts. So you decide exactly how much you want that He-Man head sculpt before it is too late to find it, or prices go up. Generally speaking, you can expect nice head sculpts to vary between over $20 and $40 (USD); TBLeagues often go for around $50 or over; Hot Toys and Blitzway can be well above $60 -- and that is when things are relatively plentiful and before they become rare. Yes, depending on your needs, the hobby can be very expensive as things pile up. There are, by the way, plenty of nice third-party head sculpts (sometimes actually recasts of the others), although one takes a chance trusting eBay listings and the like. And of course there is a great deal of variation, depending on who is selling and/or parting out what.

Thanks for the tips on staining prevention. I didn't even think about fabric markers for color changing... so I'll keep that in mind as far as ironing before dressing. I'da never known otherwise.

And yes, I've read about the powder as well. I've already got a couple variants around (for body & "other" toys, LOL!) so all good there! hahaha!

I'm actually probably about to go to pick up a multi-hole punch and some oil pastels to do that job. I'm not sure if they color the female, but the male looks goofy when they're the same color as the body.

Yeah, a lot of other collecting hobbies I'm into are the same way regarding post-release price increasing. You're definitely not pushing me here! ha! I do indeed like the fact that, at least with ones such as Hot Toys priced $200 or more, payment plans are available and always appreciated! It definitely makes $250 easier to swallow, when it's in $50 increments! And I used eBay for everything so far (for the TBL's) with careful searching and consideration, and so far it's all paid off. But as you've stated that is not always the case. So (like I posted above), I'll likely go to Giantoy since I'm no longer eager to check these out like I was with the first ones. Plus, I know Giantoy is genuine (which knockoffs are rampant on eBay with other figure lines I collect!)

Diana wrote:He looks great!!! These pics are dangerous. I've resisted buying male TBLeague bodies so far, as they all seem too buff, but you show off the S34 so well! And he may just be the right guy for one of my characters... and I also like to draw, so... Smile

I'm still hoping for an athletic not so buff body, as well as a scrawny or boyish one though. Teenage Peter Parker would be perfect! Very Happy

Thank you and sorry! They may be a bit risqué, but aside from the black boxer briefs not worn in most shots, what I shot is all I have... for now!  bom

As far as his poses, I thought of how I myself would naturally pose and tried to replicate that look (although he is WAY more stacked than I am,  lol! ) Oh, and you should totally grab a male sculpt! I'm going after the M33 next, and that's probably a good starting point for you, too, since he's not so muscular. That or the M30 which is a bit shorter. My initial thought was to go with the M30, but his skin tone (and that fact that he's the shortest) turned me off a bit.

And I'm with you on the builds. I don't mind the muscles as much, but these guys are too lean. I wouldn't mind some with a little more meat on the bone, even if there is still some muscle definition. I know I've seen seamless teenage male sculpts from Jaiou, but I hear TBLeague is superior in terms of quality.

GubernatorFan wrote:You posted the "Tommy" photos while I was replying. He looks good, and it looks like you are having a great time playing with him. That sounded a little creepy... you know what I mean. Smile

Regarding the head, I think the issue is that it is impossible for TBLeague to make the neck's thickness be appropriate for any and all neck opening on sixth-scale heads, which vary from head sculpt to head sculpt. The solution is to stuff the neck (between the steel neck post and the rubbery flesh) with something -- I have used foamies, a rolled piece of hardish plastic action figure trey lid, and now specially shaped curved pieces I make from leftover "green stuff" from other projects. Anyway, this will make the neck appear thicker and (hopefully) just right for the head sculpt. If you can, I would recommend yanking out the internal neck connector altogether and stuffing a curved piece of foamie inside the neck opening. This will give you the possibility to easily adjust the height of the head on the neck and to remove it or attach it more easily. As long as you don't plan on carrying around your figure by the head and shaking it, the looser attachment should not be problem.

Although this tutorial thread is dedicated more specifically to de-necking head sculpts that come with an integral molded neck, it illustrates some of the points made above:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t310-head-conversion-tutorial-updated-with-part-iii-june-2019

Hope this helps.

Ha ha ha! That's funny how it sounded, but yeah I get that ya mean! I actually had more fun that I thought I would with the photo shoot.

And that's a great suggestion at thickening up the neck area.  When I first read it, I thought you mean to build up area on top of the neck surface with like a putty or something, as opposed to slipping some material under the skin. Glad I re-read it for comprehension. Good deal and thanks for the tip!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm happy to help. Although you got it, it might be time for another tutorial! Smile

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
looking good so far, only thing that sticks out ( with my m35 as well ) is the sagging biceps. depending on the pose it doesn't rotate or contract naturally and looks like a rather unpleasant synthol accident Wink thats why i never pose my shao khan in his famous pose / fist resting on his hip. speaking of which i'm on the other side. of the spectrum i guess, there is no such thing as too buff Smile i wish the skywalker wu song body was available and affordable as a spare part, looks amazing. but 305€ just to use a body, naaah.

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
Tjolnir wrote:looking good so far, only thing that sticks out ( with my m35 as well ) is the sagging biceps. depending on the pose it doesn't rotate or contract naturally and looks like a rather unpleasant synthol accident Wink thats why i never pose my shao khan in his famous pose / fist resting on his hip. speaking of which i'm on the other side. of the spectrum i guess, there is no such thing as too buff Smile i wish the skywalker wu song body was available and affordable as a spare part, looks amazing. but 305€ just to use a body, naaah.

Yeah, I noticed the oddly placed bicep muscle when his arms were raised as well. Would be nice if they were malleable and allowed you to twist them in the proper position, but apart from that downside (and the fact that his—and M35's—calves are extremely oversized) he's got pretty decently pose-ability!

I just looked up the Water Margin Series Skywalker Wu Song 1/6 Scale Figure and he has quite the mass (and is quite expensive at $290 on BBTS!) I presume he's even bigger than the M35? He sure does look it at first glance!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
collectorofmany wrote:I just looked up the Water Margin Series Skywalker Wu Song 1/6 Scale Figure and he has quite the mass (and is quite expensive at $290 on BBTS!) I presume he's even bigger than the M35? He sure does look it at first glance!

You are looking in the wrong places. Valiarde has a couple of informative threads here on our forum:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3842-there-is-always-a-bigger-fish (might take awhile to load)

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3849-inflames-toys-ift029-review-and-artsy-pics

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
GubernatorFan wrote:You are looking in the wrong places. Valiarde has a couple of informative threads here on our forum:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3842-there-is-always-a-bigger-fish (might take awhile to load)

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3849-inflames-toys-ift029-review-and-artsy-pics

WOW!! That body sculpt is HUGE by comparison! He is insanely big!!

I also like it when folks make comic strip-like photos with text speech bubbles, etc. I'd like to eventually get some photos of my own collection once I pick up some items to pose them with.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
collectorofmany wrote:WOW!! That body sculpt is HUGE by comparison! He is insanely big!!

I also like it when folks make comic strip-like photos with text speech bubbles, etc. I'd like to eventually get some photos of my own collection once I pick up some items to pose them with.

You should post your reaction in Valiarde's threads -- I'm sure he would love to hear from you. Forum interaction goes both ways. Smile

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great choice! I started with the same male body type. I agree also, they are wonderfully detailed!

csyeung

csyeung
Welcome to the boards! The M34 pics are great! The kimi toys 004 head is pretty good. It works on both a pale and suntan I think. Here it is on a pale body

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 Superg11

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
csyeung wrote:Welcome to the boards! The M34 pics are great! The kimi toys 004 head is pretty good. It works on both a pale and suntan I think. Here it is on a pale body

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 Superg11

Very nice!! Your Supergirl (or Superwoman?) looks really good! It appears that my S29 will be here tomorrow, while her two underwear sets arrived today and the Kimi Toys KT004 looks like it will be here Monday.

The joys of waiting on shipping! Laughing

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
Cameron's body arrived Thursday and her HS arrived Friday!

I'm not going to lie, when I first held her I could have sworn her right leg was longer than her left leg. Having handled the male figure first, I assumed the female would react/pose in the same manner just on a smaller scale/frame, but she definitely has more 'wiggle' room in the hip area. I'm constantly amazed at the level of detail not only in appearance but movement of these TBL figures!

Since I already had the orange bikini set ordered, I initially installed her top by wrapping the very long strings around her body twice before tying a knot, but it looked weird (I wasn't sure what to do with all of the excess string! Laughing ) so I took it off and reinstalled it again for a much better fit. I ended up twisting up the ball of string that was left over and concealed it under her hair. Sadly the glue (or whatever it is) that holds one side of the string down on her left front cup came apart, so I kinda have it precariously positioned so it looks more normal. I'll definitely need to repair it soon... a tiny dab of fabric glue in the affected area?

For the time being, I decided to take some bikini shots until her racing suit/boots arrive. I also ordered 2 different sets of mechanic/racing gloves, a third set of undies and some sunglasses, but still need to find and order a racing helmet (and maybe a sport bike eventually?) but I like the start of this!

Now, onto those pics!

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 33
Lovely!

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 34
I thought this portrait mode "stage light" shot came out nice!

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 35
As did it's B/W counterpart!

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 36
This Kimi Toys HS is a decent match. Of course horrible indoor lighting!

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 37
As well, the lighting completely wrecks the hands/feet 'dis'coloration...

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 38
A bit better in B/W, but she's gorgeous, nonetheless!

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 39
I can't believe this is the plump or "buxom" version of the TBL female! I believe it's neither...

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 40
She's perfection the way she is though, buxom or not!

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 42
I also can't believe this is a "mid" bust!

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 41
Now I'm glad I didn't go with the S39 as that bust would have been way too big, IMO.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 43
Hey, what's Tommy doing here?

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 44
I guess he heard the word bikini, LOL!

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 45
That's right, stay out of focus, Tommy! Let's keep the focus on Cameron!

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 46
Wait a minute, you're stealing the limelight!

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 48
Man, Tommy sure does like to show off...

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 47
Get outta here, Tommy!

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 49
Well, well, hello there again, Cameron!

On a side note, after Cameron's body arrived I showed my wife the pair together (she knew about them) and she exclaimed, "No more figures! All you need is two!" LOL! Laughing I'm thinking to myself... "Sure, I can give it awhile until I order some more 1/6 seamless figures, but she never said anything about not ordering their clothing or accessories  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  LOL!  I get it, she knows me, that I am a collector, and she also knows how I am when I get into something... Again, she knows me, and she knows I won't be able to stop! Razz

BAMComix

BAMComix
Really nice figures and photographs!

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Thank you for the lovely pictures. She looks nice. The colordifference between hands and body is weird though.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice job, Steven. Glad you like it. Yep, it is the buxom body alright. It looks more or less buxom depending on the angle. Probably my favorite of their female bodies. Fabric glue should work. Take off the figure and wait for it to cure before putting it back on, of course. Stop at two figures? Wives! That is just so antisocial. Find a technicality around it. Smile By the way, if you find her some bright yellow bikini she might almost match Tommy.

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
GubernatorFan wrote:Nice job, Steven. Glad you like it. Yep, it is the buxom body alright. It looks more or less buxom depending on the angle. Probably my favorite of their female bodies. Fabric glue should work. Take off the figure and wait for it to cure before putting it back on, of course. Stop at two figures? Wives! That is just so antisocial. Find a technicality around it. Smile By the way, if you find her some bright yellow bikini she might almost match Tommy.

For sure I think this method should work...

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 2ced7710

I’m gonna leave it on there for a bit, but have been moving it around here and there as not to leave those alligator clip “teeth” marks on the bikini top, at least not one discernible set of marks, haha!

So, as stated before, I already own two 2-packs to complete the four Ghostbusters II characters in 12” scale (by Mattel in 2010), and I wanted to get Tommy a flight suit and proton pack at the very least. Being that my two-packs are still new in package (and I intend to keep them that way due to their crazy values these days—even if the head sculpts are horrible) I decided to hunt a spare single package Ghostbuster to rob the suit/accessories. The single packs can also be fairly expensive these days (I’ve seen brand new single sets for close to and over $100 & even the loose proton pack goes for over $50!) however after an online search I found the best one (IMO—Egon Spengler) brand new for $59 (plus shipping) from a store. He includes all of the staple ghostbusting gear: proton pack (that lights up!) with neutrona wand, pke meter, ghost trap, walkie talkie with holster, pistol belt/belt gizmo/key fobs/pee hose, boots (I’ll probably pop the TBL foot in it and then slide the legs into the joints), black t-shirt, flight suit, and elbow pads. I might be missing some smaller stuff but I feel I got an incredible value for the dollar, especially when this specific Egon figure includes the pke meter. I am glad that I have them already, as I was able to set the TBL figure next to the Mattel 12” figure and the scaling should be a perfect fit.

Now to figure out how to explain to the wife when a “new figure” shows up next week! Laughing (even if it’s not a seamless figure... probably won’t matter to her...) I’ll probably just tell her I bought it for the accessories only and I got it way cheaper than if I would have pieced it out separately (or anywhere else I was able to find.)

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
Also, since Cameron's orange top was off at the seamstress, she decided to slip on a nice lace set.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 50

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 51

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 52

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 53

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 54

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 55

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 56

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 57
It appears that some green blob is appearing.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 58
What a disgusting blob!

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 59
There is something strange going on in this neighborhood...

BAMComix

BAMComix
Nice choice Steven. I am sure she s very pleased with them Very Happy

Valiarde

Valiarde
Nice soft light on your pics. Looking classy.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, great photos, and impressive garments -- I guess the production of doilies has found a new and worthy outlet. Smile If it comes to having to pick your fights (though one should not fight with one's wife) over figure bodies, why not confine them to seamless ones. Wink

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
BAMComix wrote:Nice choice Steven. I am sure she s very pleased with them Very Happy

I think so, too! Crazily enough I’ve already made 4 more orders for clothing/accessories and they’re mostly for Cameron. (And they’re mostly of the sexy variety... Wink )

Valiarde wrote:Nice soft light on your pics. Looking classy.

Thanks, these were all taken under “yellow” standard room lighting. I can’t wait to experiment with different lighting conditions. Oh, and these were all taken with my iPhone 12 Pro (mostly in portrait/spotlight mode) and all are untouched photos (unless you count the auto-masking/monotone done by the camera software.) I’m glad you’ve enjoyed them!

GubernatorFan wrote:I agree, great photos, and impressive garments -- I guess the production of doilies has found a new and worthy outlet. Smile If it comes to having to pick your fights (though one should not fight with one's wife) over figure bodies, why not confine them to seamless ones. Wink

Ha ha ha! I guess you can say it like that. I like to think I’m worthy! Oh and I wouldn’t call them “fights” per se, but more like simple back and fourths. Never really angry or of the negative variety. I’m just having so much fun! Toy Anxiety (which oddly enough is also the name of a podcast I listen to) should definitely be getting to know my name and address! Laughing

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
So, I’m currently waiting on the following pieces to come in for her:
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 982b0910
It appears I’ll definitely need to modify the racing suit (non-detachable) boots to work with my figure. Pretty sure the last piece I’ll need for a “sexy race driver” will be a racing helmet!

And the following pieces for him:
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 2c246910
I ordered 2 black briefs because I plan to try to customize one, so we’ll see how that goes...

And this is the Egon figure I ordered to bash!
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 2e03a610
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 04557810
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 2 7d24d910
I would have much rather kitbashed a Blitzway GB figure as those were much more highly detailed than the Mattel version, but was having a very hard time finding any pieces from those, let alone a flight suit. I guess Mattel’s version will have to do.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting selection, especially that Conan exo-underwear. The Mattel Egon is going to be a lot easier on your wallet, for sure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum