OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ashora Takes A Joyride

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ashora Takes A Joyride  Empty Ashora Takes A Joyride Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:26 am

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Ashora's 'spirit walk' with Kaelani opened her mind to a lot about her past, along with some repressed memories. It was almost as though she had been brainwashed, but by who, or 'what,' she wondered as her gaze turned to the robo totem lying nearby - the strange alien head artifact that had been speaking to her and guiding her through every moment of the past several years alone in the wilderness/post-apocalyptic ruins. Kaelani had attempted to hide some truths from Ashora, specifically about Trey, but she had seen through them regardless. Through her mentor's meditative teachings, all of the knowledge and customs of the semi-civilized world were now an integrated part of Ashora's mind; even the ability to speak fluently. What would normally take the average human being many years to learn, Ashora had accomplished in only a few days. This led to her desire to dig deeper into her fragmented origins, as she picked up the robo totem, saying, "You're coming with me." More than anything she just needed to go out and get some fresh air, to clear her mind. In preparation for her lone-wolf journey, Ashora had also 'borrowed' some of Gheizt's gear, along with his bike. But she managed to wish him a last minute farewell as she rode off into the distance, in search of the truth.

Ashora Takes A Joyride  Lumii148
Ashora Takes A Joyride  Lumii149
Ashora Takes A Joyride  Lumii150
Ashora Takes A Joyride  16166310
Ashora Takes A Joyride  16166311
Ashora Takes A Joyride  Lumii151
Ashora Takes A Joyride  Lumii152
Ashora Takes A Joyride  Lumii153
Ashora Takes A Joyride  Lumii154
Ashora Takes A Joyride  Lumii155
Ashora Takes A Joyride  Lumii157
Ashora Takes A Joyride  Lumii158
Ashora Takes A Joyride  Lumii159
Ashora Takes A Joyride  Lumii160
Ashora Takes A Joyride  Lumii161
Ashora Takes A Joyride  Lumii162
Ashora Takes A Joyride  Lumii163
Ashora Takes A Joyride  Lumii164
Ashora Takes A Joyride  Lumii165
Ashora Takes A Joyride  Lumii166
Ashora Takes A Joyride  Lumii167
Ashora Takes A Joyride  Lumii168
Ashora Takes A Joyride  Lumii169
Ashora Takes A Joyride  Lumii170
Ashora Takes A Joyride  Lumii171
Ashora Takes A Joyride  Lumii172
Ashora Takes A Joyride  Lumii173
Ashora Takes A Joyride  Lumii174
Ashora Takes A Joyride  Lumii175
"Something is coming...I can feel it in the air."
Ashora Takes A Joyride  Lumii176
Ashora Takes A Joyride  Lumii177

"Uh oh, acid rain. Better find some shelter until it clears up..."

Side Note: It actually did start raining IRL, otherwise this shoot would have gone on a bit longer.

2Ashora Takes A Joyride  Empty Re: Ashora Takes A Joyride Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:53 am

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
Excellent photographs!! Great story, too!

3Ashora Takes A Joyride  Empty Re: Ashora Takes A Joyride Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:33 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice job on the photos, outdoor and otherwise. Nice effects, too. And we thought they were in love! The strange combination between organic and mechanical works beautifully in your post-apocalyptic world.

4Ashora Takes A Joyride  Empty Re: Ashora Takes A Joyride Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:16 am

csyeung

csyeung
Love it! Great pics!

5Ashora Takes A Joyride  Empty Re: Ashora Takes A Joyride Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:11 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Another great photo series! I laughed ot loud at the moment when he chases after her and then gives up... so well done. :'D

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

6Ashora Takes A Joyride  Empty Re: Ashora Takes A Joyride Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:25 am

Diana

Diana
YAY!! Great photos! And I LOVE that staff! Beautifully made.
My favorite shot is that glitchy one. Very inspired. Smile

7Ashora Takes A Joyride  Empty Re: Ashora Takes A Joyride Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:44 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very interesting! I wonder what else will be learned fro the alien head?? As the others have said, great series of photos!

8Ashora Takes A Joyride  Empty Re: Ashora Takes A Joyride Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:37 am

davidd

davidd
That grunged-up bike is totally bad-*ss!
So is that wrist device!
Kewlness!
Like, if Mad Max meets Waterworld were done right!

9Ashora Takes A Joyride  Empty Re: Ashora Takes A Joyride Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:41 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Work, Alkel ! I love the characters and the story. Great use of scarp parts and fantastic equipment. The spear she had is amazing. The bike scene is so well made cheers

10Ashora Takes A Joyride  Empty Re: Ashora Takes A Joyride Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:19 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Beautiful job as always. Looks like the start of a great journey

- Excited to see her using the lance from the bike, like a Knight of the post apocalypse
- rust and shiny blue are a great contrast
- is the backpack wearing a tiny tabletop miniature backpack?
Trey so cute with the puppet  Ashora Takes A Joyride  1f618
- I recently worked on Vylmalita of the Cargo trio again, I now see some parallels in the outfit/handband thing you once mentioned, which is great, haha

11Ashora Takes A Joyride  Empty Re: Ashora Takes A Joyride Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:22 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool character and love the photos. The bike is awesome too. Really like all the different accessories for Ashora.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Ashora Takes A Joyride  C8485110

12Ashora Takes A Joyride  Empty Re: Ashora Takes A Joyride Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:40 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Wonderful pictures! I love the rusty look of the bike, very fitting to the setting.

13Ashora Takes A Joyride  Empty Re: Ashora Takes A Joyride Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:03 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Great character and story. She's got a really cool detail and those shots where she stole or perhaps "loaned" the bike were excellent.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Ashora Takes A Joyride  1f60e

14Ashora Takes A Joyride  Empty Re: Ashora Takes A Joyride Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:29 pm

Illusion

Illusion
another cool series of pics with impressive equipment
nice photo effects again too cheers (love the bike's exhaust fumes)

interesting to see how many outfits your characters can have.

15Ashora Takes A Joyride  Empty Re: Ashora Takes A Joyride Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:01 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
I really like your figures every time you post about them. The lightin in the first pics is awesome with the stripes. Love it.

The rugged looks and the drive on the bike are so cool. Keep it up Smile

16Ashora Takes A Joyride  Empty Re: Ashora Takes A Joyride Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:08 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Hey all, thanks to everyone for the comments and praise! Ashora's adventure will continue soon, with the introduction of a new character (and vehicle). I'm excited to share in the next photoshoot, I just recently started a new job so I haven't had much free time until I get a day off!

collectorofmany wrote:Excellent photographs!! Great story, too!

Thank you!

GubernatorFan wrote:Very nice job on the photos, outdoor and otherwise. Nice effects, too. And we thought they were in love! The strange combination between organic and mechanical works beautifully in your post-apocalyptic world.

Appreciate the words. Laughing And who's to say they aren't still? Maybe they just need space and can come to an understanding. Or maybe Ashora finds a new lover in the next installment...

skywalkersaga wrote:Another great photo series!  I laughed ot loud at the moment when he chases after her and then gives up... so well done. :'D

Haha, yeah those were fun to photograph, and glad they translated so well to convey the dumbfounded humor.

Diana wrote:YAY!! Great photos! And I LOVE that staff! Beautifully made.
My favorite shot is that glitchy one. Very inspired. Smile

Thanks! And yes I have upgraded the staff/lance a bit from its original form, I was lucky to find some jewelry that fit the handle quite well to give it more character. And yeah the glitch effects are fun to toy around with in the post editing process, you can probably tell where my influences come from.

BAMComix wrote:Very interesting! I wonder what else will be learned fro the alien head?? As the others have said, great series of photos!

Happy you are intrigued, BAM. I've been toying around with ideas for the alien head's intentions/motives, but we will just have to wait and see what revelations come of it!

davidd wrote:That grunged-up bike is totally bad-*ss!
So is that wrist device!
Kewlness!
Like, if Mad Max meets Waterworld were done right!

Right on, I spent a lot of time taking the grit to the next level on the cycle, I learned a few things about rustification and layers but am still experimenting. If you like the bike you will probably enjoy the next vehicle I got a hold of and gave the post-apocalyptic grunge treatment. Very Happy I have never watched Mad Max all the way through but I have seen Waterworld so I know where you're coming from.

Ephiane wrote:Great Work, Alkel ! I love the characters and the story. Great use of scarp parts and fantastic equipment. The spear she had is amazing. The bike scene is so well made cheers

Thank you Ephi! Always means a lot to come from a pioneer of customizations like yourself! Stay tuned for more in the next upcoming installment!

Ovy wrote:Beautiful job as always. Looks like the start of a great journey

- Excited to see her using the lance from the bike, like a Knight of the post apocalypse
- rust and shiny blue are a great contrast
- is the backpack wearing a tiny tabletop miniature backpack?
Trey so cute with the puppet  Ashora Takes A Joyride  1f618
- I recently worked on Vylmalita of the Cargo trio again, I now see some parallels in the outfit/handband thing you once mentioned, which is great, haha

Oh yeah, I have some wild stuff planned for this 'great journey,' as usual.
- I really wanted to show off the weapon being used on some kind of attacking beasts, but may have to settle for some makeshift human raiders in the meantime.
- I wasn't sure how well they would complement each other, but I should probably make the blue a bit more rustic as well!
- Yeah, Backpack-ception, or something like that. Haha.
- Right? Trey doesn't always reveal his vulnerable side, but when he does it's with an inanimate alien head doll.
- Agreed, I honestly don't even realize the similarities until after I finish the character's designs and reflect a bit. But the influences are there, just means I dig your style! Surprised

Theboo-bomb wrote:Great character and story. She's got a really cool detail and those shots where she stole or perhaps "loaned" the bike were excellent.

Thanks boobomb, I was trying to give her design as many accessories and details as possible. I think the borrowed bike scene was inspired by the second X-Men movie, when Logan took Cyclops' motorcycle. lol I wanted to do a grinning Faceapp photo to emphasize this but it wouldn't process unfortunately due to her glasses/goggles.

Illusion wrote:another cool series of pics with impressive equipment
nice photo effects again too cheers  (love the bike's exhaust fumes)

interesting to see how many outfits your characters can have.

Thank you Illusion, I suppose I succeeded in the 'illusion' of a running motorcycle with that smoke effect. And yes, I like to give my characters various wardrobes for different activities/settings. It keeps them fresh in a way and always a new look to photograph them.

Valiarde wrote:I really like your figures every time you post about them. The lightin in the first pics is awesome with the stripes. Love it.

The rugged looks and the drive on the bike are so cool. Keep it up Smile

Much appreciation, Val!! The lighting in those first few photos was actually a filter I was playing around with, but I liked the atmosphere they gave the scene so much I decided to keep them. Glad you enjoy my rugged style and how I photographed the bike in this installment, more to come!

17Ashora Takes A Joyride  Empty Re: Ashora Takes A Joyride Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:01 pm

brassco

brassco
Beautiful. I've never taken shots like this. It just takes so much time and dedication. Love the bike!

18Ashora Takes A Joyride  Empty Re: Ashora Takes A Joyride Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:16 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Such an excellent shoot! I really love Ashora's look. The digital smoke effects are great, and I love the effect as she puts on the glasses. Her wrist contraption is such a neat look too. I really looks like this cobbled together technology. Super cool.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum