OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Commander Jake Rivers.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Commander Jake Rivers. Empty Commander Jake Rivers. Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:00 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Hey Guys, as some of you may have seen in earlier posts, I swapped out my childhood action Man onto a phicen body. I went for a M33. It was a simple conversion, just two 1/2" rubber washers pushed down over the neck post. (Which btw, are really easy to get back off)
There were a couple of reasons for this, 1) His old custom body was becoming extremely loose, and 2) having him on a TBL, makes his articulation so much better for comics.
Fear not, vintage fans, Jake has a mint EE Talker body which lives inside his Talking commander AM box . Here are a few black and white pics of Jake on his new body.
The pics are black & white as the body colour does not match at all! lol! lol! lol!

Commander Jake Rivers. 51075766192_009d33751f_c
Commander Jake Rivers. 51006482910_8f81244660_c
Commander Jake Rivers. 51074970643_125c7c7d8c_c
Commander Jake Rivers. 51075768632_57f95ace9b_c
Commander Jake Rivers. 51006485595_e8979cd333_c

Thanks for looking cheers cheers

2Commander Jake Rivers. Empty Re: Commander Jake Rivers. Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:08 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
So Great !  To give that Body to a 40 ? Years old Figure. You build the best Action Man ever cheers Fantastic Idea and it fits excellent

3Commander Jake Rivers. Empty Re: Commander Jake Rivers. Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:53 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
He does look very good. I respect your effort to update your character while holding on to his essence. It is a somewhat stylized head, but not something you would find closely enough translated in more realistic head sculpts. May I ask if the black-and-white photos and wrist covers are meant to minimize a color mismatch? If you have multiples of the head and hands, you could do a slight repaint.

4Commander Jake Rivers. Empty Re: Commander Jake Rivers. Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:12 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
Ephiane wrote:So Great !  To give that Body to a  40 ? Years old Figure. You build the best Action Man ever cheers Fantastic Idea and it fits excellent

Thanks! really pleased you like him, the head itself will celebrate its 42nd birthday in September I had him when I was seven, so we have been together a long time! Very Happy

GubernatorFan wrote:He does look very good. I respect your effort to update your character while holding on to his essence. It is a somewhat stylized head, but not something you would find closely enough translated in more realistic head sculpts. May I ask if the black-and-white photos and wrist covers are meant to minimize a color mismatch? If you have multiples of the head and hands, you could do a slight repaint.

Thank you! Yeah, he does have a distinctive look, the wristbands and black and white pics are to help with he colour difference. In truth the head and hands are a good match, but sadly the body isn't. I have seen folks dye them, but I wouldn't have a clue where to start. I do have other action man eagle eyes, but there is only one Jake, he even has a designer stubble which I had custom flocked on him. I couldn't possibly re-paint him or swap his head out. he wouldn't be Jake then, you know?
It would be cool if I could get a custom one off sculpt made of him, but I can't see that happening. For me, he is like an old friend, who I am just improving with age cheers cheers cheers . If only we could swap our bodies for new ones eh? lol! lol! lol!

5Commander Jake Rivers. Empty Re: Commander Jake Rivers. Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:17 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
LOL good one (body-swapping). I guess our figures have us beat on that one. And not needing any life necessities or luxuries... Heck, maybe if we're really good, in the next life we can be reborn as action figures. I understand you completely -- if he is a custom, you do not want to go experimenting on him. And given the emotional attachment, one would not want to leave him behind and "cast" another head sculpt in the role. Besides, his look and character are now an established feature in your sixth-scale universe.

6Commander Jake Rivers. Empty Re: Commander Jake Rivers. Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:36 pm

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:Heck, maybe if we're really good, in the next life we can be reborn as action figures.

With my luck, I'd end up as the one that the kid throws off the roof with a tissue paper parachute, then blows up with firecrackers, and finishes off with a BB gun.
Crying or Very sad

7Commander Jake Rivers. Empty Re: Commander Jake Rivers. Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:53 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:With my luck, I'd end up as the one that the kid throws off the roof with a tissue paper parachute, then blows up with firecrackers, and finishes off with a BB gun.
Crying or Very sad

If you happen to be one of those, I would imagine you would have a the solid constitution... err... construction to take it. Wink

8Commander Jake Rivers. Empty Re: Commander Jake Rivers. Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:49 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:LOL good one (body-swapping). I guess our figures have us beat on that one. And not needing any life necessities or luxuries... Heck, maybe if we're really good, in the next life we can be reborn as action figures. I understand you completely -- if he is a custom, you do not want to go experimenting on him. And given the emotional attachment, one would not want to leave him behind and "cast" another head sculpt in the role. Besides, his look and character are now an established feature in your sixth-scale universe.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Yeah, Jake and I have been together a long time, I couldn't leave him behind now bounce bounce

davidd wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Heck, maybe if we're really good, in the next life we can be reborn as action figures.

With my luck, I'd end up as the one that the kid throws off the roof with a tissue paper parachute, then blows up with firecrackers, and finishes off with a BB gun.
Crying or Very sad

lol!  lol!  lol!

GubernatorFan wrote:
davidd wrote:With my luck, I'd end up as the one that the kid throws off the roof with a tissue paper parachute, then blows up with firecrackers, and finishes off with a BB gun.
Crying or Very sad

If you happen to be one of those, I would imagine you would have a the solid constitution... err... construction to take it. Wink

Yeah, action figures have to be tough to survive childhood! lol! lol! lol! . Still, if like Jake you make it through, they do tend to get everything they never had in their time of playtime duty! lol! lol! lol!

9Commander Jake Rivers. Empty Re: Commander Jake Rivers. Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:52 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
He looks great! Very Happy

And how adorable is it that you've had him since you were a kid??? love that!

I suppose the skintone difference would be easily overcome with a longsleeve shirt?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

10Commander Jake Rivers. Empty Re: Commander Jake Rivers. Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:35 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
He's a cool looking dude. The black and white shots make him look like a high fashion model, not that I have any experience with that, the most I've modeled is a pair of cargo shorts.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Commander Jake Rivers. 1f60e

11Commander Jake Rivers. Empty Re: Commander Jake Rivers. Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:19 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
skywalkersaga wrote:He looks great! Very Happy

And how adorable is it that you've had him since you were a kid??? love that!

I suppose the skintone difference would be easily overcome with a longsleeve shirt?

Thank you! Really pleased you like him. lol! yep, weve been together a long time cheers , I think your right, it looks as if a long sleeved shirt will be the way to go Very Happy

Theboo-bomb wrote:He's a cool looking dude. The black and white shots make him look like a high fashion model, not that I have any experience with that, the most I've modeled is a pair of cargo shorts.

lol! lol! I better not tell him that, he might want a career change lol! lol!
Really pleased you like him.

12Commander Jake Rivers. Empty Re: Commander Jake Rivers. Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:43 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
If iam reborn as an action figure i hope someone swaps my body with a m33 too Cool

13Commander Jake Rivers. Empty Re: Commander Jake Rivers. Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:45 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Valiarde wrote:If iam reborn as an action figure i hope someone swaps my body with a m33 too Cool

bounce bounce bounce

14Commander Jake Rivers. Empty Re: Commander Jake Rivers. Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:13 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
He looks so cool like that — the body being a perfect match for him. And I really like the black and white photos. The last pic is one of my favorites — Hero pose, and the upward angle really highlights that.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Commander Jake Rivers. C8485110

15Commander Jake Rivers. Empty Re: Commander Jake Rivers. Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:23 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Stryker2011 wrote:He looks so cool like that — the body being a perfect match for him. And I really like the black and white photos. The last pic is one of my favorites — Hero pose, and the upward angle really highlights that.

Thanks you! I agree the M33 is a much better match than the M31 I originally used. That one made him look a bit skinny lol! . I too like b/w pics, n some cases I think it can bring out details that sometimes colour pics can over look?
For colour pics in the future Jake will have to have a long sleeved top or even a jacket?
I am so pleased you liked the pics, and picked out the last as a fave! I never fully noticed the hero pose until you pointed it out cheers cheers cheers

16Commander Jake Rivers. Empty Re: Commander Jake Rivers. Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:34 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, Jake being a hero, a hero pose comes naturally for him. Smile

17Commander Jake Rivers. Empty Re: Commander Jake Rivers. Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:36 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Commander Jake Rivers. 50997307174_e0531a091b_cRelaxing by Dal Lee, on Flickr

18Commander Jake Rivers. Empty Re: Commander Jake Rivers. Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:23 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Dang that works incredibly well!

Also I love the look of that Jeep, Mmm Mmm mm.

19Commander Jake Rivers. Empty Re: Commander Jake Rivers. Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:28 am

davidd

davidd
This is such a cool pic!

20Commander Jake Rivers. Empty Re: Commander Jake Rivers. Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:06 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That one turned out very nicely too. Cheers!

21Commander Jake Rivers. Empty Re: Commander Jake Rivers. Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:41 pm

Illusion

Illusion
I would not have thought that I enjoy an "old" head sculpt that much. But you really let him shine.
It totally comes across that he is special to you and has a central spot.

22Commander Jake Rivers. Empty Re: Commander Jake Rivers. Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:36 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
PickleMunkey wrote:Dang that works incredibly well!

Also I love the look of that Jeep, Mmm Mmm mm.

bounce bounce Thanks, It's a Rubicon jeep and possibly the best to scale vehicle I have. I brought the shell from Belgium, then fitted the r/c stuff afterwards. In truth, it could do with better wheels Very Happy .

davidd wrote:This is such a cool pic!

Cheers Dave! bounce

GubernatorFan wrote:That one turned out very nicely too. Cheers!

Thank you! with a jacket I can do colour pics Smile . Pleased you liked it. means a lot.

Illusion wrote:I would not have thought that I enjoy an "old" head sculpt that much. But you really let him shine.
It totally comes across that he is special to you and has a central spot.

Thanks so much Illusion Very Happy . He does indeed hold a special place for me, so giving him the best I could seemed only fitting bounce . So pleased you like him bounce bounce

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum